Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

What Do You Think Of South Africa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do You Think Of South Africa? (5534 Views)

Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa / What Is The Requirements Of South African Study Visa To Nigerians? / What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Of South Africa? by wealthlift(m): 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2010
Hey,

SA has really proven that she is a country flowing with milk and honey:

Sound educational system
Basic amenities
And others

At least that's evident from their successful hosting of world cup.

What do you think about traveling to and living in SA.

Your opinion will help please!
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by mamagee3(f): 1:39am On Jun 22, 2010
I think South Africa is blazing right now cause of the World Cup. . .

Plus, they are many robbers and other criminals there.
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by niceguy10: 6:54am On Jun 22, 2010
Bros please dont make any mistake of coming here, thats all i can tell you!!!!! SA is not easy as some people think.
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by wealthlift(m): 7:24pm On Jun 22, 2010
@nice-guy10,

Can you please give us some reasons?

I believe that even it's not easy as people think, Can you compare there with Naija in all ramifications?
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by morpheus24: 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2010
wealthlift:

@nice-guy10,

Can you please give us some reasons?

I believe that even it's not easy as people think, Can you compare there with Naija in all ramifications?
Basic reasons not to come to south Africa if you are a struggling African

1. Crime rate is high amongst blacks
2. High unemployment. it is difficult for another African to find work
3. Resentment by the natives especially against African immigrants who they view as competition on their newly acquired homeland

If you are going to school or are coming into the country with money already then you are good but as far as hustling is concerned, stay away from SA. You are better off in a western country,
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by niceguy10: 11:21pm On Jun 22, 2010
Morpheus24, very well said, if i may ask, do you stay here in SA? Apart from the problem of unemployment, the crime here is just too much, is just easy as ABC to get killed here, yes there educational system and other basic amenities can never be compare to Nigeria, but Guy think nicely before you make any move here, life here is Hardcore!!!! The only good thing about SA is the fact that is easy going to any EU countries from here!!!!!
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by blackspade(m): 3:09am On Jun 23, 2010
Dont let images from the world cup fool you, they strategically upgraded certain parts of the country so tourists would think the country is majority 1st world, but once you leave outside of those tourist zone (where the cameras rarely go unless for some sort of documentary), you'll see the real south africa. The South Africa where you won't have to go far to see the toll of the HIV/AIDs epidemic, or the extreme disdain towards anyone who is from a country north of South Africa. I have even read articles where they tell of locals threatening immigrants that after the world cup, they will be slaughtered. undecided

In a nutshell, I think South Africa is one big disappointment. I really wish things would improve.

The country had a lot of natural beauty and vast amounts of potential, but until the mentality of the people change, they will continue in their downward spiral.
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by morpheus24: 1:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
nice-guy10:

Morpheus24, very well said, if i may ask, do you stay here in SA? Apart from the problem of unemployment, the crime here is just too much, is just easy as ABC to get killed here, yes there educational system and other basic amenities can never be compare to Nigeria, but Guy think nicely before you make any move here, life here is Hardcore!!!! The only good thing about SA is the fact that is easy going to any EU countries from here!!!!!

I do not live in SA but have frequented the country on many occasions on assignments. In fact I just came back about two days ago from the World cup.
South Africa is a beautiful country with many great things about it. However because of my knowledge and experience, especially with many Nigerians that reside there, I like to warn potential immigrants who don't really understand the full picture of what happens within those borders.

Like I mentioned earlier if you are going to school or are investing in the country you will not come across the bad side of the country but if you are a lay Naija person who is looking for greener pastures you will encounter many a difficulty.

Naija's name has been spoilt in SA and is presently unrepairable. HT enumer of village boys who trooped that country in the early and late 90's are the sole representatives of the whole image of Nigerians. It is sad but nonetheless a reality.

Again you are better off in a western society where you are not in danger of being mobbed,
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by wealthlift(m): 1:28pm On Jun 23, 2010
All well said,

If all these can be said about SA, what then can a young guy who have already secured a job there and is set to travel there in 3 weeks be advised?
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by morpheus24: 1:50pm On Jun 23, 2010
wealthlift:

All well said,

If all these can be said about SA, what then can a young guy who have already secured a job there and is set to travel there in 3 weeks be advised?

What kind of job have you secured?
What city are you going to
Who will you be staying with?
Do you ahve any friends that live there?

You must answer these questions first
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by wealthlift(m): 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2010
@Mo,

Here are the answers:

What kind of job have you secured? A job in a private Telecom company

What city are you going to: Durban

Who will you be staying with? A very good friend

You must answer these questions first I think I have

Awaiting your response!
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by morpheus24: 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2010
wealthlift:

@Mo,

Here are the answers:

What kind of job have you secured? A job in a private Telecom company

What city are you going to: Durban

Who will you be staying with? A very good friend

You must answer these questions first I think I have

Awaiting your response!

Durban is a better city compared to Johanesburg so you are good.If you have a legitimate job and career then you are okay to go over there. you will have fun as long as you are legit.

Good luck!!
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by omadavids: 11:05am On Jul 01, 2010
hey guys,mo is right,southy is not easy for a niggar to hustle especially naija.White are racists to black and blacks are racists to foreigners.Nigeria's name is associated with drugs,organised banks robbery,scam e.t.c.I have been in south africa for 2 years and can tell u the good,bad and ugly side.Apart from studying,4get southy.Cheers.
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by RSA(m): 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2010
Saying Nigerians and other foreign nationals have it tough in Mzansi is understandable but for BLACKSPADE to say we did window dressing when it come to development in South Africa is a lie,a 419 lie.

Do you know that in South Africa townships are some of the biggest tourist attractions?.Have you been to Soweto?tell me the level of poverty there,the biggest shoping mall in Africa is in Soweto,the biggest Stadium in Africa is in Soweto,the biggest Hospital in Africa and Southern hermisphere is in Soweto.You knows nothing omo!shine your eyes.

And beside listening to a group of Nigerians talking about developments is funny,its a joke,cause they don't know what a development mean.Your five year old kids sell water in the streets for survival and you're here talking about poverty in South Africa.

You have accepted failure in your country,but you're all quick to point out few things that are not working out in someones country.You talk about crime in Southy,I can easily give you a police and independent crime stats any time anyday,that is how developed we are.I could do the same with AIDS/HIV stats.But can you do the same in your country?Since there are no reliable and independent stats what make you think crime in south is high,what make you think AIDS infections in Nigeria is low?You see you know nothing my omo.Southy is no match for Naija.
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by reindeer: 10:13am On Jul 07, 2010
RSA:

Saying Nigerians and other foreign nationals have it tough in Mzansi is understandable but for BLACKSPADE to say we did window dressing when it come to development in South Africa is a lie,a 419 lie.

Do you know that in South Africa townships are some of the biggest tourist attractions?.Have you been to Soweto?tell me the level of poverty there,the biggest shoping mall in Africa is in Soweto,the biggest Stadium in Africa is in Soweto,the biggest Hospital in Africa and Southern hermisphere is in Soweto.You knows nothing omo!shine your eyes.

And beside listening to a group of Nigerians talking about developments is funny,its a joke,cause they don't know what a development mean.Your five year old kids sell water in the streets for survival and you're here talking about poverty in South Africa.

You have accepted failure in your country,but you're all quick to point out few things that are not working out in someones country.You talk about crime in Southy,I can easily give you a police and independent crime stats any time anyday,that is how developed we are.I could do the same with AIDS/HIV stats.But can you do the same in your country?Since there are no reliable and independent stats what make you think crime in south is high,what make you think AIDS infections in Nigeria is low?You see you know nothing my omo.Southy is no match for Naija.

LOSER!
What mindless rant, i think you should read the title of the thread again, the question was about south africa and not a childish comparism between two countries.
So reel out the stats and lets see if SA doesn't have the highest crime rate in the world, you can say measures are being taken against it but to use that as a template for taking cheap shots at Nigeria is to say the least silly.
And stats are there for HIV in nigeria and of course, SA ranks far higher with funny beliefs, the Xenophobic attacks gone by didnt do your image any favour either.NIgeria may not be all that but the people don't live in denial which is what your world obviously is built on.
So RSA( representative of silly adults) bite it and keep to topics angry
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by philip0906(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2010
southafrica,is d best country(economic and infrastructure wise) on d continent. . .they have very good universities and their unis r d best on d continent. . .infrastructure?dat place is almost like been in western europe(atleast 2 some extent). . .infact their infrastructure is better than that of some eastern europe countries. . .but d question is na road and economy we go chop? cheesy grin grin
like some people have noted here,u'll only enjoy there if u have d money already,got a well paid job,tourist or going there 2 school else stay back cos hustling there is like playing with the tail of a dog(dangerous) and u could get killed anytime cos d blacks there have resentment 2ward other africans(especially when u r a nigerian lipsrsealed) coming 2 "choke" up d already choked up labour market. . .moreso,black southafricans r very lazy and unenterprising and so have d whole day 2 think of harm 2wards other black africans undecided
so think wella. . .
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by RSA(m): 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2010
Same all story from a typical frustrated Nigerian! grin
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by philip0906(m): 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2010
@rsa
even if bro is frustrated,it definitely can't be cos of your country cheesy grin grin. . .y should an average Nigerian who is still smiling in d midst of our own "problems" be frustrated cos of a country ravaged by AIDS(highest in d world),murder is like a sachet of pure water,xenophobia and lazy south africans waiting 4 d whites 2 "evacuate" their land cheesy cheesy? . . .your country is a joke.God blessed u people wiff almost everything,yet your brains r 2 dull 2 make d most of it(always protesting about service delivery grin grin).even boys r making it in benin republic. . .ask xelele cheesy grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by niceguy10: 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2010
This RSA of a boy, who the hell do you think you are? If you have nothing better to say here just passby, mumu.
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by Nsikelelo(m): 11:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
philip0906: @rsa
even if bro is frustrated,it definitely can't be cos of your country cheesy grin grin. . .y should an average Nigerian who is still smiling in d midst of our own "problems" be frustrated cos of a country ravaged by AIDS(highest in d world),murder is like a sachet of pure water,xenophobia and lazy south africans waiting 4 d whites 2 "evacuate" their land cheesy cheesy? . . .your country is a joke.God blessed u people wiff almost everything,yet your brains r 2 dull 2 make d most of it(always protesting about service delivery grin grin).even boys r making it in benin republic. . .ask xelele cheesy grin grin grin
DON'T call South Africans lazy!! Xenophobia is wrong I don't deny that,but its a sign of a frustrated nation in shambles and wants something or some1 to blame it on,jobs are scares more with the youth
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by morpheus24: 12:23am On Feb 20, 2013
^^ Guy this conversation was like three years ago
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by Casinger(m): 12:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
i reserve my comment
Re: What Do You Think Of South Africa? by Casinger(m): 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
morpheus24: ^^ Guy this conversation was like three years ago

ok

(1) (Reply)

Beware! Qatar Airways POC Not Nigerian Friendly. Use Emirates, Etihad Instead! / Kuwait Visa Requirement / Nigerian Married Three Jamaican Women Over A Six-month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.