Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

E-health In Lan - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / E-health In Lan (1180 Views)

Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? / Project:an Application To Make Calls Using LAN/INTRANET Network / Need Ur Contribution, Browse Based Application On A Lan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

E-health In Lan by teeewai(m): 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2007
hi evrybdy in da house, plz i need smdy 2 hlp me out. my project topic is implementing e-health in a local area network using java. plz i need info on E-HEALTH and stuffz. 10x
Re: E-health In Lan by sbucareer(f): 11:26am On Mar 30, 2007

If I understand you well, your project is how to distribute your e-health application within a LAN. Ok, lets take a scenario. We are now working within Lagos state e-health.

Although, I do not know Lagos very well, I NEVER lived there. Let say we have three local boroughs, namely

1. Ajegunle
2. Ikeja
3. Jibowu

All these spellings might be wrong, I am just guessing. Ok, you have a web site that correlates all the three locations within Lagos State. In each location we have a surgery that you can actually go and visit a surgeon once your appointment has been confirm from the website, hence e-health.

Now, each local surgery must have a database of their patients to keep track of patients record and keep inventory of their medicine.

The scenario is that you must live within the local surgery to visit that local surgeon. You can't live in Ajegunle and go and visit the surgeon at Ikeja, the software (e-health) would not allow that appointment to be confirmed.

The problem here is there is nothing stopping the e-health from booking the appointment, if the three locations do not talk to each other. Hence, no communication and that is where our LAN comes in.

How do you tire up these three independent systems up and still keeping their local autonomy disperse? Well there are many ways we can do that. It could well depend on cost and resources available. We can use:

1. LAN
2. MAN
3. WAN
4. Satellite
5. Wireless
6. Telephone communication

Your project has already narrowed down your problem by asking you to correlate them together using LAN. You assignment now is to do research on LAN and understand how to use LAN to communicate disperse systems.

When you understand LAN you can come back and finish your project. Also look into database fragmentation, although it could be pose dipper learning curve but that would should your professor that you have a brilliant mind.

Re: E-health In Lan by teeewai(m): 5:57pm On Apr 01, 2007
@sbucareer
10x 4 helping guyz like me out. the project entails developing an e-health app and deploying it in a LAN. my supervisor insists that i use java in implementing the project and i really need people like u to help me break down the main process which the app will follow e.g developing e-record, e-case note how to book an appointment with the doctor e.t.c am not well versed in javas in to develop a client server app which i believe i can easily catch up with a few tutorials. lookin 4ward to get more info. thumbs up man
Re: E-health In Lan by sbucareer(f): 11:22am On Apr 04, 2007

Your e-record would largely depend on the e-case, hence your storyboard. Develop your storyboard and come up with navigational structure.

Plan the dynamic suites and how access is granted to them. Create the administrative portal, doctors portal and patients portal.

Preamble, have you convey your abstract? This might be important to drawing an achievable storyboard and milestones. You have to define the role of the doctor(s) in your application and the role of Administrator in your application and the role of patient(s).

You have to look at the global context, i.e. how each location correlate with each other in terms to sharing information. Let me give you a simple example.

The object that would book the application should be a single instance. Each successful appointment must be store in your choice of e-record.

Each location should have access to this one single object, including the doctor.

To understand your project very well you should look into appointment booking system and pioneer your ideas from there. It is a very easy project.
Re: E-health In Lan by sbucareer(f): 11:36am On Apr 04, 2007

The issue of using Java and implementing it within a LAN network is not very clear to me. The LAN issue, does it mean distributed application? It is a network related application?

If you are working with LAN technologies in Java, we use the Socket, InputStream, OutputStream, FileWriter, FileReader, JNDI etc API to locate and connect to remote object (application).

So, get more information from your prof and let us know the exert recommendations.

(1) (Reply)

Help With Construction Of Troublesome Sql Statement In Vb.net! / Avast Internet Security 5.0 / Dear Nairaland Programmers,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.