Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually (78530 Views)

How To Know What Works For You When Learning Programming / 13 Years Old Tanmay Bakshi World's Youngest IBM Watson Programmer In AI / [updated] Kpntunnel VPN Works For MTN Mpulse Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by yusufu16: 4:24pm On Aug 10, 2018
Tanmay Bakshi, a software programming whiz who is only 14 years old. He is also among the youngest developers building applications around Watson, IBM’s artificial intelligence platform. Tanmay is now working for Google with a Salary of 1.25 Million! annually. We are keen to see what amazing thing Mr Bakshi develops over the next few years!

I must say this boy is super intelligent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtXzB9VLdu8

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by HungerBAD: 4:25pm On Aug 10, 2018
N450 Million?at 13?wow.

At 13, I was still selling cold water with cups( before satchet water started) at Oshodi.

We need to change this culture in Nigeria, of forcing children to be part of breadwinners in families,so that their potentials can fully be utilized.

At 13 my only dream was to have a bicycle,and some pocket money for Asaro(Porridge) in school. This N450 Million would have helped me a lot.

537 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by yusufu16: 4:26pm On Aug 10, 2018
More

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by yusufu16: 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2018
Mod: Please do the needful. Lets encourage our Nigerian kids too

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Babyforever(f): 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2018
That's a huge amount of money......please someone help me with his contact.....His aunty wants to tell him something kiss

177 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Mutemenot(m): 4:40pm On Aug 10, 2018
He's heading to the Forbes. At 13 450 Oluwa open my eyes to see my destiny

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Merimental(m): 4:46pm On Aug 10, 2018
he is just lucky to be in an encouraging environs..we hav his type in naija but no enabling environs/sponsors..

288 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by sparkle6(m): 8:36pm On Aug 10, 2018
Merimental:
he is just lucky to be in an encouraging environs..we hav his type in naija but no enabling environs/sponsors..
True talk. Thats why we beat them to first class in their own varsity. If you have the resources then you only limited by your imagination. If you dont see electricity for 2 straight weeks how would your skills sharpen.

284 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Merimental(m): 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
sparkle6:

True talk. Thats why we beat them to first class in their own varsity. If you have the resources then you only limited by your imagination. If you dont see electricity for 2 straight weeks how would your skills sharpen.

2 weeks witout power? dey wil kolo rite away

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by sparkle6(m): 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2018
Men! and am 17 and cant even get my inventory management system up and runing. Damn! this baby programmer just gave me the competition of a lifetime. Where is that stupid laptop? This thing is too much. No! i don vex.
NEPA will be like.. what is wrong with this one? Come code make i see u. lol.

326 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Humchi(m): 7:46am On Aug 11, 2018
First of all, let me say it is quite encouraging and motivational to many kids out there and here.

Taking or wanting this to happen in Africa we must change some of our mentality.

To be frank with you, alot of parents would scold their child who is taking a lot of time with a laptop than their schoolwork or even wouldn't want his/her child to have it.

Because there is this perception with africa parents that children learn alot of negative things with it and also waste their time.
They choose to criticize a child with a phone or laptop disregarding what the child is learning.

My point is we should allow the kids to explore also with making sure the kid isn't going a perverse way like fraud and all manner of illicit exploration.

According to the post, the kid start at the age of 5, many parents wouldn't let their kids have such privilege of having a laptop or a phone.

Another thing is environment

if you are in a place like nigeria, it is very slim to be like that kid.
At the age of 9, taking about ios, javascript, sql, injection, web development is more like talking garbage to an illiterate Nigeria parent. No support and no encouragement.

Also, availability of material, money and understanding people.

Another point is the perception of "you must go to school to make it big"

this is with Nigeria parents, they won't encourage you when you are having an idea of creating any internet stuff.
If this kid were to be a Nigerian, i can bet, the chance of being what he is today would be slim.

The thing is your environment and your culture.

If you want to be like this kid or someone great like bill gate or mark zuckerberg, in Nigeria here, you must go contrary to how people view things here.

134 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Humchi(m): 7:50am On Aug 11, 2018
Lalasticlala seun javanian fynestboi
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Seun(m): 8:28am On Aug 11, 2018
How is he earning that much?

20 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:30am On Aug 11, 2018
A good educational foundation for the boy

I wonder what a 13 year old can do in Nigeria, practical wise undecided

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by DAntivirus: 1:37pm On Aug 11, 2018
To be honest, I feel sorry for this kid... cos his childhood has just been stolen...

I hope he doesn't end up like Michael Jackson... God bless him

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
No mean say I no go still whoop him asss
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by princeade86(m): 1:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
wow wow wow wow
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by notoriousbabe: 1:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
His village people have all gone to sleep

7 Likes

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by aleeyus(m): 1:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
Delete this thread ASAP
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by lonelydora: 1:39pm On Aug 11, 2018
Wow, 14?

At 14, i was still rolling tyres with sticks on the streets of Enugu. At 14, i was still chasing lizards on the fence with catapult. At 14, i was still going to wait for one Ngozi (a girl i was infatuated with) under a mango tree near our school. At 14, i was still jumping Papa Ugo's 404 pickup back from school. At 14, i was still acting 'police and thieves' film with toy gun with other children in the compound.

He even earn more than StanbicIBTC CEO.

Life is not fair shaa!

Let me look for him on Instagram shaa

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by ddjay: 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
Babyforever:
That's a huge amount of money......please someone help me with his contact.....His aunty wants to tell him something kiss
no wonder your name is babyforever

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by LOVEGINO(m): 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
See my boy wey I train Abeg.

1 Like

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Dollabiz: 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
Hmm
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by HajimeSaito(m): 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Sirmuel1(m): 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
A good educational foundation for the boy

I wonder what a 13 year old can do in Nigeria, practical wise undecided

Deep

2 Likes

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by vedaxcool(m): 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2018
grin Yet some nairalanders have vowed that they will become wealthy by collecting N30 per post from Corrupt PDP politicians, please have a rethink.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by Paulfroshman: 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2018
Wow

Meet 14-Year-Old Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X35dhenIFq4

1 Like

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by BiafranBushBoy: 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2018
IT pays!!

2 Likes

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:43pm On Aug 11, 2018
cry cry
Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by fk001(m): 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2018
Seun:
How is he earning that much? I doubt this story.

It is possible, they said annually

1 Like

Re: Meet Tanmay Bakshi, Boy Who Works For Google And Earns Over N450m Annually by exporters101: 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
We need to change our thought process in Nigeria because this outdated school curriculums is not helping

It only make graduates dependent and not self reliance

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? / Why Waste 4 Years On Computer Science In University? / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.