Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam (8397 Views)

Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! / Mbu’s Order To Policemen To Kill Barbaric, Lawless – APC / Policemen To Earn New Wage From October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by EVANS4GOD(m): 10:10am On Jun 22, 2010
A Deputy Inspector-General of Police and 121, 209 other officers and men of the Nigeria Police Force will soon write a promotional examination.

The other officers and men that would write the examination comprise four Assistant Inspectors- General of Police; 124 Commissioners; 13,412 Superintendents; 15,348 inspectors and 92,319 junior policemen.

The exercise, according to the Minister of Police Affairs, Alhaji Adamu Waziri, is a way of addressing the backlog of promotion across all categories of rank and file in the NPF.

Waziri, at a news conference in Abuja on Monday, added that the Federal Government would need at least N6.2bn to pay the salaries and other emoluments of those that would be promoted.

He, however, did not say when the examination, which he said would not be the only criteria for the promotion, would take place.

Waziri explained that the police establishment had suffered a backlog of promotion over the years which had given rise to agitations and loss of morale, especially among policemen in the rank of Assistant Superintendents of Police and downwards.

The minister explained the key features of the proposed promotion included the re-introduction of the full complement of the inspectorate category where major command ranks earlier abandoned would be re-established to address hierarchical progression from inspector to ASP.

Waziri further stated that the promotion would affect 42,902 constables, who would move to the next rank of corporal. He added that the deficit would be addressed in the ongoing recruitment into the force.

The minister said that training for new police recruits would be short, but intensive because the initial duration of 180 days was being compressed into 90 days “in view of impending national requirements.”

“We have dispatched teams to each zone to conduct needs assessment of the training colleges in view of this exercise,” he added.

Waziri highlighted the critical role of the Police Service Commission in the implementation of the programme, noting that its inputs have been invaluable in view of its role as the statutory body that deals with promotion, discipline and recruitment into the police.

The minister said, “I have taken steps to ensure that both merit and federal character are upheld in the submissions to the PSC and we believe that they will oversight these arrangements in their evaluation.

“The overall budgetary implication that will make the NPF establishment to increase by about 121, 210 spanning DIG to PC will be about N6.2bn and there is enough budgetary provision for the emoluments.”

Waziri dispelled the confusion over the passage of the bill on the Police Reform Trust Fund by the Federal Executive Council on June 16, 2010, saying the trust fund was different from the controversial Police Equipment Fund managed by Chief Kenny Martins.

According to him, the fund will manage the implementation of the M.D. Yusuf report on repositioning of the NPF over a six-year period.
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by kaz4sure: 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2010
Gud one , make ribadu invigilate them and anybody wey no score reach 50% should be sack, lol
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 22, 2010
I wonder what those mopol will write down. . . . . . . . .#20 roger i guess
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by kokoye(m): 2:20pm On Jun 22, 2010
Who will grade them . . is it not the same corrupt, bribe-infested illiterates?
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by kaz4sure: 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2010
im very sure that about 99% of them will pass arithmetic e.g Sergent a collected 20naira from 50 danfo driver , sergent b collected 50naira from 800 okada driver, 2,000 naira was remmited to DIG calculate the balance outstanding for the day, contact any policement for the poliemen for solution, i bet it they will solve dis within 10seconds lol
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by rickie4us(m): 2:23pm On Jun 22, 2010
abi o
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 22, 2010
kaz4sure:

im very sure that about 99% of them will pass arithmetic e.g Sergent a collected 20naira from 50 danfo driver , sergent b collected 50naira from 800 okada driver, 2,000 naira was remmited to DIG calculate the balance outstanding for the day, contact any policement for the poliemen for solution, i bet it they will solve dis within 10seconds lol
what about police duties ?
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by Acidosis(m): 2:26pm On Jun 22, 2010
Very funny
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by Ty207: 2:36pm On Jun 22, 2010
grin grin grin cheesy shocked shocked shocked
@ kaz4sure, that very funny tongue
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by softgirl1: 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2010
nice one but i hope they will do a sincere one sha hope mago mago no go join am sha oooo smiley
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by Youngichou(m): 4:39pm On Jun 22, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I wonder what those mopol will write down. . . . . . . . .#20 roger i guess
kaz4sure:

lol !
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by canuck(m): 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2010
Sample exam question:

kaz4sure:

Sergent "A" collected 20naira from 50 danfo driver, sergent "B" collected 50naira from 800 okada driver, 2,000 naira was remmited to DIG calculate the balance outstanding for the day

kaz4sure. . . That's a rib-cracker!!!!

NL - Please submit suggested questions for the NPF's exam pool.  cheesy
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by kaz4sure: 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2010
@canuck, u wan make i give those olodo the expo,
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by softgirl1: 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2010
@ kaz4sure them no need am jare after all the 50 naira egunje wetin dem need again, lol
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by megacity: 11:48pm On Jun 22, 2010
if the DIG passes, what would he become? IG?
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by Pafuri(m): 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2010
Question #4a. You are sent on patrol to secure the route of the Presidential convoy. You see AK47s, Glucks, Hand grenades, Dynamites in a van parked along the route. What question do you ask the driver?
Answer: Wetin' you carry?

Question #4b What do you do next?
Answer: Ask for N50 'settlement'.

Simple enough questios, simple enough answers. I go die oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by owellee: 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2010
The entire police should be sanitized,the problem with our police is not exams but morals
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by activities: 1:50am On Jul 15, 2010
Expo.
Question No 1. if a police officer standing in a Lagos Onitsha road gets a radio message that gang of armed robbers are driving in their direction.
A. The officers should Block the road and wait for them.
B. The Officers should  remove Their uniform and run inside the bush.
C. The officers should call the office for help.
D.The officers should get read to fire bullet any car coming from that direction.
Re: Dig, 121,209 Other Policemen To Write Promotion Exam by NovusHomo(m): 6:39am On Sep 06, 2013
Pafuri: Question #4a. You are sent on patrol to secure the route of the Presidential convoy. You see AK47s, Glucks, Hand grenades, Dynamites in a van parked along the route. What question do you ask the driver?
Answer: Wetin' you carry?

Question #4b What do you do next?
Answer: Ask for N50 'settlement'.

Simple enough questions, simple enough answers. I go die oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Win The Southwest? / I Reject The Verdict Of The Presidential Election Tribunal. / Sanusi, El-rufai And Ribadu Compared!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.