Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup (13691 Views)

Obinna Ogba Visits Super Eagles Players During Training In Abuja. Photos / Photos Of Super Eagles Players Training Ahead Of Today's Match With Cameroon / Profile Of Sunday Oliseh (New Super Eagles Coach) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by 12large: 5:18am On Jun 23, 2010
after this disgracefull performance from the super eagles of nigeria, what do you think we should do, what new players should we bring in,how many players should leave se, how can we take nigeria team to a world class team in 4years time. first of all in my opinion we should sack this coach, certainly we don't want an ultra-defensive coach, because it does not suit our style. we don't want a coach that plays his best players from the bench hoping that they would add pace in second half. so now out of this 23 players this is my take on who should stay and who should leave.

players that should leave eagles forever

1. joseph yobo
2. afolabi
3. danny shittu
4.yussuf ayila
5. dickson etuhu
6. john utaka
7. yakubu aiyebenni
8. kanu nwankwo
9. sani keita

all these 9players should leave eagles immediately with immediate effect. now this is my squad that we should build with for 2014 world cup

defenders

adefemi olubayo
apam onyekachi
dele adeleye
uwa echjile
nurudeen orelesi
kingsley udoh
edet ibok
kenneth omeruo. and maybe taiwo and odiah if they improve

for midfilders now in this generation we had bunch of useless defensive midfilders without any passing or dribbling skill, but our coming generation the midfield is class my midfilders would be

obiora nwankwo
ramon azeez
rabiu ibrahim
haruna lukman
joel chukwuma obi
john mikel obi
kalu uche
emmanuel ekpo and any new great talent that we can find from now till 2014

wingers: we need to use real wingers all these wingers we had in the last generation are all strikers that we converted because we did not find a good wingers so my wingers would be

victor moses
steven worgu
stanley okoro
king osanga
nnamdi odu {just promoted to ac milan senior team}
victor obinna nsofor
ahmed musa
osaze odemwingie and any new great talent we can find from now till 2014

for forwards we need out and out goal scorers not wingers strikers just plain goal scorer and my would be

macauley chrisantus
sani emmanuel
obafemi martins
victor anichebe
gbolahan salami
okechukwu uchebo
chinedu obasi if he can improve tremendously and any new great talent that we can find from now till 2014.

so after naming all these players i think the future is more than very bright for eagles if we can find a good attacking minded coach. my current nigeria starting 11 would be

vincent enyeama

olubayo apam adeleye echejile

mikel obi

stanley okoro rabiu ibrahim ahmed musa

chrisantus martins

okoro and musa are extremely skillful and could be used as nigerian messi and robinho

my second team would be

aiyenuba

nedum onuoha udoh omeruo orelesi

azeez/nwankwo

osanga/osaze lukman/joel obi obinna/worgu/

sani emmanuel/i.k uche anichebe/salami

guys add your new players you want in eagles and fell free to disagree. if you don't agree with my team be civilized or don't comment at all remember we are all adults.
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by 12large: 5:25am On Jun 23, 2010
sorry i mean't new super eagles team to be built for the future
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by 12large: 5:27am On Jun 23, 2010
mikel might be the new captain since his the oldest in terms of experience
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by dillon67: 5:53am On Jun 23, 2010
guy i strongly agree with u cos dis is Nigeria's worse outing so far in any tournament.New players must come in to make d country proud.Infact u selected d best of d best.
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by 12large: 6:09am On Jun 23, 2010
dillion67 no i think the won in 2002 was the worst. this one the problem was the coach
his too defensive, played players at wrong position,selected the wrong fromation and wrong players but overall you could see that they were some talent but they did not want to play, with lars coaching us we would have to wait until last minute to play a good game, besides what stops him from selecting those players that played second half against korea eariel in the tornament
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by 12large: 6:15am On Jun 23, 2010
for those that don't know joel chkwuma obi and nnamdi oduami,

chkwuma obi is an attacking midfilder that can play on the left wing he is a decent player but okoro,ibrahim is better so he would be a good squad player, for oduamadi he just got promoted to ac milan senior team he is called the new robinho at ac milan he would be a very good player in 3years time he used his real age
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by Acidosis(m): 7:25am On Jun 23, 2010
12large:

mikel might be the new captain since his the oldest in terms of experience
sure!
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by marutimon: 7:55am On Jun 23, 2010
What about Solomon Okoronkwo?
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by 12large: 10:01am On Jun 23, 2010
solomon okoronkwo is average, he cannot take our football to another level he is in the class of
isaac promise
vanzekin
ajilore

if solomon improves he can be a new kanu though
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by Iyineda(m): 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2010
@OP

Nice topic, 12large. I don't think you'll catch me saying that too often about your posts. wink

Although it is difficult to forsee as far as 2014, I believe that if all remains equal, the following players must retire internationally:

- Kanu
- Yobo
- Ayila
- Afolabi (huge disappointment in this world cup) sad
- John Utaka
- Yakubu
- Etuhu

Mohammed, Kaita and Taiwo must seriously improve/be more consistent if they should smell the green jersey ever again.

I don't know much about our local players and most of the "U-20s" so I won't add any other players to those you have already listed. Nedum Onuoha and other foreign-based/born Nigerians who aren't too keen on being part of the national team should stay clear.

I will like to see the following players as the backbone of our 2014 squad:

Goalkeepers: Enyeama and Aiyenugba

Defenders:

Apam Onyekachi
Dele Adeleye
Uwa Echiejile (hoping for a successful spell for him in Portugal)
Chidi Odiah (lots of 'ifs' on this lad)

Midfielders:

John Mikel Obi
Ramon Azeez
Rabiu Ibrahim (if only he could fulfill the hype of his U-17 performances)
Haruna Lukman
Obiora Nwankwo
Emmanuel Ekpo
Ajagun (right spelling? heard good things about him bar disciplinary issues)

Forwards:

Sani Emmanuel (fingers crossed for this gem)
Stanley Okoro (if old age doesn't handicap him too much; yes, at age 24-25 he'll start to feel heavier, go figure)
Aictor Anichebe (probably THE star of the team in 4 years to come. . . hopefully)
Chinedu Obasi
Obinna Nsofor
Sone Aluko
Osaze Odemwingie (mainly for  experience, not a regular starter).

Prefered starting lineup and formation:

Enyeama(c)

Apam        Adeleye
Odiah                                 Echiejile

Mikel
          Haruna         Azeez

Okoro      Anichebe     Nsofor

Anywhoo, Nigeria hasn't yet made it to Brazil 2014 so we shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves. Fingers crossed. Up Eagles.

1 Like

Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by Olaolufred(m): 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2010
, not yet born. Hmmm.
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by Iyineda(m): 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2010
^ What the deuce? o_O
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by olayinkaj2(m): 3:44pm On Jun 23, 2010
@Poster, i support ur selections, we need to bring in young players coz our so called stars have failed us big time. Lets blend those guys together and we will see reward. The problems is who is gonna bring them together? Rabiu ibrahim is a good player very skillful, he is a promise to the national team. Sack all the yaks and co and build a new team.
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by annie7(m): 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2010
Pl's lets appoint siasia to have more credibility in the super eagles or super chicken whatever thier name may be.
The guy is talented.
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by snowdrops(m): 4:02pm On Jun 23, 2010
And who told you that you will qualify for the next world cup. Nonsense of alacrity angry
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by Kx: 4:03pm On Jun 23, 2010
Mikel?
Is Mikel not over hyped?
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by Drenix(m): 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2010
Abeg no 1 mentioned ikechukwu uche,abi hm go do retire den
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by Youngichou(m): 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2010
Rubbish you all should go and sleep and stop talking nonsense
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by ZUBBYNWA(m): 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
annie7:

Pl's lets appoint siasia to have more credibility in the super eagles or super chicken whatever thier name may be.
The guy is talented.

you just taken the word out of my mouth
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 23, 2010
That is if they qualify undecided
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by 190: 4:38pm On Jun 23, 2010
up super chickens lets clap for dem

Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by modupea: 5:40pm On Jun 23, 2010
@Poster

I don't understand you and defending the bunch of overweight and overhyped Eagles and heaping the blame on the coach.
You mentioned that the coach is defensive minded and I couldn't see that.
In the first match we had Yakubu, Obasi and nsofor in attack, second match we had Kalu, osaze and Yakubu, the final match, we had yakubu, obasi and Kalu. I don't see these guys as defensive.
Playing out of position? who? Osaze? He played on the left at the Nations Cup. Obasi scored his goal from the right against Egypt and Osaze scored one of his against Moz from the left. Leave the coach alone, the players had a lot to do. So Mourinho will teach Yakubu to score a sitter he missed yesterday or Martins with his own miss or tell Kaita to stamp on a player?

With your future eagles, I hope some of them will not be using walking stick by then. How may played with their real age? Remember U17 captain.

We need someone like Siasia, I agree but we need stability and free hands for the coach to work. Also we need to get commitment from the federation so that the players will be proud to wear our jersey.
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by bawomolo(m): 5:44pm On Jun 23, 2010
Kx:

Mikel?
Is Mikel not over hyped?

he is the best dm we have. or you want another kaita or ayila fiasco?
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by Digriz(m): 5:46pm On Jun 23, 2010
190:

up super chickens lets clap for dem
guy ur mean.
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by sley4life(m): 5:54pm On Jun 23, 2010
12large:

players that should leave eagles forever

1. joseph yobo
2. afolabi
3. danny shittu
4.yussuf ayila
5. dickSON etuhu
6. john utaka
7. yakubu aiyebenni
8. kanu nwankwo
9. sani keita

Hmm for (5)
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by 12large: 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2010
modupea the reason am critisizing lagerback, is because the guy is a donut, against argentina, i could understand the reason for playing a defensive formation because they are the most talented, and you don't want to concede a goal. but against greece there is absolutely no reason to start with 2 defensive midfilders, there is no reason to bench our best striker martins for yakubu. had it been that this guy let eagles play the way they played in the last 30minutes against korea in the whole tornament then we would qualify. like i said 3months is enough for a coach to know that yakubu is faded and guys remember i guarantee you if lars or any foreign coach is hired yakubu would be back in eagles in august. we need a nigerian coach that knows all our good players from a youth age
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2010
What about Sodje? To me, Sodje is the best defender we have ever had in two decades. Did you se his impressive performance in our friendlies with Ireland during Amodu'd tenure?

We need him Super Eagles or should I call it super fowls? i
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 23, 2010
What about Sodje? To me, Sodje is one of the best defenders we have ever haerd in the last decade. We really need him in Super Eagles squad or should I call them super chickens?

Somebody this present super eagles squad should be dissolved and a new team built. Nairalanders what do ytou think about this?
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by 12large: 6:39pm On Jun 23, 2010
sodje ko soji ni a player playing at chalton atlectic the guy sodje is another version of yobo
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by modupea: 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2010
I understand your frustration, I was frustrated too, nope, I am even frustrating now.
I would have love to blame lars but something in me is thinking otherwise.
Look at this scenario: IK was dropped because of injury but I watched the guy against madrid and he did not show any sign; if he was there Yakubu will not start. Emeramo was dropped because we need only one power striker but Victor was performing so here comes another injury scare, the guy played against Colombia and he was fantastic;make way for Yakubu.
In all these, I don't see Lars making those decisions, the payer is dictating the tune for the piper.
But what is Egu and Amokachi doing in that team?
I will always lay most of the blames on the players. I watched Haruna against N. Korea and I thought, God thank you for making Mikel to have injury. He was moving forward spreading the passes, coming back to defend even though he overdo it resulting in infrigments but he was superb to watch. World cup proper, he was falling as if he was starved of food, loosing balls and making unnecessary fouls. Several times I watched Obasi in the league and I kept praying that he doesn't suffer any injury but see him at the world cup, disgrace. At the U20 and Olympics he was our star man or was it that there some guys warning in to watched himself in the team.
Well, I wished we knew what went wrong but all in all we were just being patriotic, these guys except for 3 or 4 are bunch of loosers, playing on the bench or playing at second rated league.
God will deliver us.
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 23, 2010
Osaze, Mikel, Kalu brothers and Yemi Tella boys.
BTW is anyone watching the wonderful Black stars game right now? Let's not forget they're the recent age-grade products.
Re: Your New Super Eagles Players For 2014 World Cup by Afam4eva(m): 7:59pm On Jun 23, 2010
I think a combination of Siasia's team, Tella's team and infusion of some local based players will do the magic .

(1) (2) (Reply)

AFCON 2021: Cape Verde Vs Cameroon (1 - 1) On 17th January 2022 / Asisat Oshoala's Goal Nominated For Goal Of The Champions League Season. / AFCON 2023: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria. Patriotism Vs Reality(opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.