Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS (55612 Views)

Ekiti Shooting: Olusola Eleka Demands Overhaul Of Security Architecture / BREAKING: Customs Orders Complete Border Import, Export Ban / IGP Obeys Osinbajo's Directive, Orders Immediate Overhaul Of SARS Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, has ordered the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris, to "overhaul the management and activities" of notorious Police unit, the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
Over the past nine months, numerous Nigerians have taken to social media to accuse officers of the unit of several misconducts ranging from harassment, extortion, assault to extra-judicial killings.

In a statement issued by Osinbajo's spokesperson, Laolu Akande, the Acting President ordered the IGP to shut down the unit "with immediate effect".

The statement read, "Following persistent complaints and reports on the activities of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) that border on allegations of human rights violations, His Excellency, Professor Yemi Osinbajo SAN, Acting-President, Federal Republic of Nigeria, has directed the Inspector General of Police to, with immediate effect, overhaul the management and activities of SARS and ensure that any unit that will emerge from the process, will be intelligence-driven and restricted to the prevention and detection of armed robbery and kidnapping, and apprehension of offenders linked to the stated offences, and nothing more."

Details later.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/osinbajo-finally-ends-sars-id8724218.html?Echobox=1534251338#utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2018
Good developement. cool cool

268 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by Shukuakukobambi: 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
interesting cheesy

This will be revolutionary if indeed it's allowed to go properly. Plenty young Nigerians have had it rough with these guys.

This won't end SARS but it'll curtail their excesses considerably, weaken their beastly tendencies and put them squarely in the spotlight.

I hope this overhaul is allowed to proceed as planned

267 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by splendoursince1: 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
i hope this is true

12 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by aragonchuks(m): 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
When i see sars on the road now

351 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by madridguy(m): 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2018
Soothing relief. Nice step towards right direction.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by iammo(m): 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2018
smiley Please osi baba, should hurry up with all the good policy before PMB shows up, he should quickly implement, the soft loan, the SARS reform and ease of doing business. I remembered PMB's last vacation; 200000 N-power beneficiaries were added, school feeding commenced also, forex was sharply released for traders at normal rate thus stabilizing naira till now, a single visit to the naija delta ended naija delta avengers with promise of indigenous modular refineries. OSI baba hurry up and sack the buhari kingsmen and kinsmen troubling nigeria. We know you can Sir

its shameful people like me started seeking Messiah in people like kwankwaso and saraki, just because of buhari's wicked silence and inactions leading to many loss of lives

646 Likes 55 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by 3millionia: 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
Yahoo Boys will like the New like Madt grin

But wait o, where is Buhari sef, infact make him no return again oo. Osibanjo ti take over

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by DrObum(m): 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
Overhaul as in change of personnel?

Or change of commanders?

Or better line of reporting?

Or just plain APC rubbish talk?

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by jennybright(f): 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
Glory to God

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by TIDDOLL(m): 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
[/b]The "Acting President" is quite action driven!
Sack Daura
Shutdown Sars

I think Buhari should stay away until December. undecided[b]

127 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by agabusta: 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
Nice one from the Acting President. But they should extend that to all the security agencies. They all lack civility.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by flames01: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
Looks like osinbajo knows what a president should do more than buhari

175 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by Standardcosting(m): 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
Let Bubu remain in UK we are okay with Osinbande!! smiley cool

131 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by iwatch: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
This man only gets to shine when the moronn is away. I wish he was under a different party.

155 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by Gepheral: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
Wow
Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by Baawaa(m): 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
When a drum is sounding abnormal is tend to tear grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin
SARs here and there,and is always with bad news

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by sevo(m): 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
Its official!!! This man has grown some balls.

Collect five dere Jor

82 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by Moxie4lyf(m): 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2018

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by tayo4ng(m): 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
Short man doing great work than his tall master

51 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by Lexusgs430: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
After all the noise, it takes this long to act......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by bobokeshington: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
God bless you my able acting presido

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by seedsower(m): 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
Chi efooo New are

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by hannysur8(m): 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
This man should just contest for election and let vote for him, I think this man deserve this job in full time basis

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by lordmanuel: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
Nice One

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by ubest1(m): 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
If this how bubu was working why will I hate APC

133 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by Holywizard: 2:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
It won't work because the police officers won't be sacked nor will they be sanctioned.
This means that their excesses should be reduced or cut to sizes.
I trust we Nigerians become nothing can be done
Re: Osinbajo Orders Complete Overhaul Of SARS by hisexcellency34: 2:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
The president Nigeria needs

45 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers / Nyesom Wike Wins 8 LGAs In Rivers, Awara 2 / Amaechi: I Am Afraid Of Wike, I Will Never Go Back To Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.