Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,280 members, 7,807,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up (29979 Views)

Man Takes Back The Kiosk He Built For His Girlfriend After They Broke Up / I'm Receiving Death Threats From My Girlfriend's Ex / Always Investigate Your Girlfriend's Ex Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by lawnreigh(m): 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2018
Good afternoon Nairalanders, Let me start talking about how we started, I have known this lady for a long time(Just Friends) but we started talking again few months ago after about 6 years without communicating, she is the type that I really love and want to make my wife, but an issue started coming up as a threat in between us lately. To start with, she was dating a guy when we started talking again and I was out of the country then. We got along very well and things started getting serious overtime, she told me she has a boyfriend then but she doesn't really go into much details at first, when I came back, I asked about her boyfriend issue and she told me he is a cool guy but things are getting bad between them because she has been having issues with the kind of friend he keeps, their lifestyle of smoking etc and he isn't serious with any life plans which was before she found out due to long distance relationship.
She ended the relationship after we met (she has always emphasize this to know how real I am about her), the problem now is that the Ex keeps resurfacing using different strategies like begging, crying and other childish act and was always like no one can take her from him, the worst that happened recently now is that the guy wanted to commit suicide, the mother and some of his family members had to call my girlfriend to please reverse her decision on the break up so that he wouldn't end his life etc. I need suggestion on how to resolve this issue once and for all. Its getting out of hand and I cant keep continuing like this, likewise herself too. All ideas, insults and suggestions are welcome.

Note: She has done all her part to persuade the guy stop the lifestyle and plan toward the future and stop keeping friends that are into smoking and all those lifestyle many times before I met her to no avail, thinking she cant leave him simply because he disvirgined her and has been the only guy she had known all of her life. I know all this details personally through a friend that attended same University with her, personal background check and her words too. No one is perfect but I don't see her as the lieing type and she open up to me on everything. Thanks

10 Likes

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2018
One thing;

Smite his ass.

5 Likes

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
Hmm my brother,, you have to really asked yourself if this girl really loves you or not..
From the look of things, her ex really loves her and still loves her, so it's best for you to let the lady go,, advice her to go back to her ex..
its not like he cheated or he is a woman beater,, just smoking and bad friends didn't stop him from loving her..
What she should have done, was to report him to his mom and family members, so that they can advice him to dump the dangerous lifestyle and be focus on life..

The lady overreacted by going into another relationship with you because her ex had done nothing wrong,, all he needed was an elderly advice..

So my brother, let go of the girl, tell her to go back to her ex,, wish her well in life, advice her to talk to elders in her family and move on with your life..

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:
One thing;

Smite his ass.
Do you even think before typing?
Or maybe you didn't read the writeup?

So you uploaded your picture on your dp, so that ass lickers can lick your ass but your brain is lower in proportion to that of a foetus in a pregnant stomach..

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by dominique(f): 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2018
Not everybody handle break up well. We have seen cases of people drinking poison because their boy/girlfriend broke up with them. Your girl's ex must have invested very much in the relationship and had plans for the future with her only to be dumped like a piece of hot coal. That can make person depressed to the point of being suicidal. Your girlfriend has to be there for him at this point. She has to let him heal a bit before moving on completely.

4 Likes

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:13pm On Aug 14, 2018
MRSoftapples:
Do you even think before typing?
Or maybe you didn't read the writeup?

So you uploaded your picture on your dp, so that ass lickers can lick your ass but your brain is lower in proportion to that of a foetus in a pregnant stomach..

You have no point. cool

24 Likes

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 14, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

You have no point. cool
You don't think before typing..

13 Likes

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by samysmoothfresh: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
Which one be "Help!!!"

wetin you want make we help you do?

9 Likes

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by highqueen(f): 5:17pm On Aug 14, 2018
mmmm.
Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by Galaxydon1(m): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2018
Girls and overseas based guys. Please break up with that girl.she is a gold digger. Pity the guy. If you were in his shoes nko. I were the guy and I will never be him. I will just move on with my life. I believe in karma. What goes around comes back around. my ex dumped me for a rich man. few years later. she is begging me for money. that she is very broke..

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by kingxsamz(m): 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
Abeg all these relationship matter don taya me.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by lawnreigh(m): 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
MRSoftapples:
Hmm my brother,, you have to really asked yourself if this girl really loves you or not..
From the look of things, her ex really loves her and still loves her, so it's best for you to let the lady go,, advice her to go back to her ex..
its not like he cheated or he is a woman beater,, just smoking and bad friends didn't stop him from loving her..
What she should have done, was to report him to his mom and family members, so that they can advice him to dump the dangerous lifestyle and be focus on life..

The lady overreacted by going into another relationship with you because her ex had done nothing wrong,, all he needed was an elderly advice..

So my brother, let go of the girl, tell her to go back to her ex,, wish her well in life, advice her to talk to elders in her family and move on with your life..
This is really deep, unfortunately she do tell me that the feelings she has for me is natural and it has actually been difficult for her to accept another guy until I appear suddenly into her life. I will give it a second taught myself and I really appreciate your advise. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by lawnreigh(m): 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2018
dominique:
Not everybody handle break up well. We have seen cases of people drinking poison because their boy/girlfriend broke up with them. Your girl's ex must have invested very much in the relationship and had plans for the future with her only to be dumped like a piece of hot coal. That can make person depressed to the point of being suicidal. Your girlfriend has to be there for him at this point. She has to let him heal a bit before moving on completely.
Hmmmm all you said is nothing but truth, they were commited with eachother for so long and the guy wanted to commit suicide by poisoning himself, but as a lady, what advise do you have for me and how do you see the wholething playing out? I'm looking upto your reply

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by lawnreigh(m): 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2018
Galaxydon1:
Girls and overseas based guys. Please break up with that girl.she is a gold digger. Pity the guy. If you were in his shoes nko. I were the guy and I will never be him. I will just move on with my life. I believe in karma. What goes around comes back around. my ex dumped me for a rich man. few years later. she is begging me for money. that she is very broke..
You are making sense and that was even why it took me long before commiting to her but on a closer look she has her personal biz and from a well to do family. I have experience heartbreak too where a lady dumped for someone using marriage as cover, 5yrs after she hasnt even done Introduction yet. In summary, Life can be very dicey and bring things in different forms. I'm not stuck in love yet but I'm the type that is totally awake in relationship due to horrible experience of the past, so I'm not desperate for anybody but I'm sure I love this girl too. Thanks and I appreciate, I will analyze the situation and come up with a decision too

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by lawnreigh(m): 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2018
kingxsamz:
Just wondering what "Sksdld;d'd'ddd)" means.
It was a typo, I was trying to submit the thread to no avail. I press keyboard anyhow and then it turn out it was submitted like that. Nothing attached
Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by dominique(f): 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2018
lawnreigh:
Hmmmm all you said is nothing but truth, they were commited with eachother for so long and the guy wanted to commit suicide by poisoning himself, but as a lady, what advise do you have for me and how do you see the wholething playing out? I'm looking upto your reply

Ordinarily I will never advise anybody to still be in association with their exes but in a situation where attempted suicide is involved, that should be an exception. Your girlfriend should show care and support to her ex right now whilst letting him know she has moved on so he can do the same. She can call him once a while to check on him and/or send him friendly messages. If she knows anywhere he can get counselling, she should help him with that as well.

5 Likes

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by donbachi(m): 8:07pm On Aug 14, 2018
You sounded like a very nice guy....you said,the guy wanted to take his own life,and family pleaded with the girl to have a rethink.which made him drop the idea of taking his own life...what if he decides to take your own life.cos any one that does not value his/her own life,will not value that of a percieved enemy...run for your life.

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by omoskenso(m): 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
Since you're an FBI for doing background check on her, did you do your own findings about her Ex and his lifestyle, did you at any point during your friendship with her, notice her worries over her Ex and everything she complained of maybe through her countenance, talking, chatting.... Etc or you just accepted the excuse because you want her?? By consoling yourself that the guy is a smoker undecided

Now, if all her stories are true, i suggest she calls everyone that pleaded with her and any respected figure of his family to a meeting and explain all that has happened and how she moved on and if possible get the police or legal practitioner involve to absorb herself of any harm her Ex might bring upon himself in a plot to get her back and that she and her new lover shudnt come in harms way due to his unstable condition or him been vindictive

Part of me still feels she's just moved by your oversea status else, how come she put up with him till you came into the picture with ur oversea wahala undecided becoz if dat guy naked swear for you ur traveling documents go yus burn.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by cooljude(m): 9:56pm On Aug 14, 2018
She dumped him because she feels you've got a brighter prospect. Honestly, their is nothing wrong with wanting the best for oneself.

You like her, she likes you and if you guys are compatible, continue with your relationship. We've all gotten heart breaks and we moved on. Life is a bytch and shit happens but also be careful because the rain wey beat cripple go beat blind man.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by lathrowinger: 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2018
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by Lexusgs430: 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
lawnreigh:
Good afternoon Nairalanders, Let me start talking about how we started, I have known this lady for a long time(Just Friends) but we started talking again few months ago after about 6 years without communicating, she is the type that I really love and want to make my wife, but an issue started coming up as a threat in between us lately. To start with, she was dating a guy when we started talking again and I was out of the country then. We got along very well and things started getting serious overtime, she told me she has a boyfriend then but she doesn't really go into much details at first, when I came back, I asked about her boyfriend issue and she told me he is a cool guy but things are getting bad between them because she has been having issues with the kind of friend he keeps, their lifestyle of smoking etc and he isn't serious with any life plans which was before she found out due to long distance relationship.
She ended the relationship after we met (she has always emphasize this to know how real I am about her), the problem now is that the Ex keeps resurfacing using different strategies like begging, crying and other childish act and was always like no one can take her from him, the worst that happened recently now is that the guy wanted to commit suicide, the mother and some of his family members had to call my girlfriend to please reverse her decision on the break up so that he wouldn't end his life etc. I need suggestion on how to resolve this issue once and for all. Its getting out of hand and I cant keep continuing like this, likewise herself too. All ideas, insults and suggestions are welcome.

Note: She has done all her part to persuade the guy stop the lifestyle and plan toward the future and stop keeping friends that are into smoking and all those lifestyle many times before I met her to no avail, thinking she cant leave him simply because he disvirgined her and has been the only guy she had known all of her life. I know all this details personally through a friend that attended same University with her, personal background check and her words too. No one is perfect but I don't see her as the lieing type and she open up to me on everything. Thanks

The torry get as e be... Pesin wey wan commit suicide, make hin do am....... Blackmailing cannot buy real love...

27 Likes

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by Melison(m): 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
Summary,,
Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by mattonnairaland: 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
Man man man. Listen up, some women like their vomit. So it's good you give her space to avoid emotional trauma. She's still in love with her so-called ex and you know this silly affiliation that ladies have with a guy that deflowered them? It's still the same.

The space would make her decide who she really wants to be with because if you force this, you might just be surprised that your wife had sex with her ex a night before your wedding.

9 Likes

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
He dey resurface like sh.it wey no gree flush abi grin

10 Likes

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by abike12(f): 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
your gf will need to respect you by not entertaining him. no one can disturb someone that doesn't want to be disturbed in this day and age. she can set boundaries, use the block button, even change number (without you having to tell her)... unless she doesn't want to. watch her actions very well during this period so that you don't end up with a cheating wife.

10 Likes

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by zicoraads: 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2018
Lawnreigh, from your post, I can deduce that the three of you live in the same town. So I'll advise that she puts her foot down and make it clear to him that it is over between the two of them.

Ignore Dominique's advice about her being there for him. Trust me, he's most likely trying to emotionally blackmail her. I repeat, he's trying to emotionally blackmail her. A guy that keeps his kind of lifestyle loves life too much to really take his own life.

Now your lady should call a meeting between her parents and his parents, and make sure he's also there. If he didn't get the memo then, make sure your lady makes it clear that she has moved on and she is now in a serious relationship. His parents should know that their actions and his are affecting your relationship negatively. She should also tell them that if their son does any harm to himself, it is no longer your responsibility.

If at the end they haven't gotten the memo, he should go ahead and kill himself.

But believe me, there is a 99 percent chance that he just wants her back at all cost. There is nothing you can do really. She is the one to end this if she really wants to. Except she just wants to string you and her ex along.

Cheers.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Girlfriend's Ex Keeps Re-Surfacing After They Broke Up by maestroferddi: 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2018
Your name will be sorry if you don't cut the girl loose now.

You are being caught in a love triangle/web with your eyes wide open and you are meekly tagging along.

Trust me, you will not like to be entangled in the uncertainty unraveling before you.

You are in no man's land: If the so-called ex's emotional blackmail works, you are Honourable Sorry.
If it does not work, you will have a woman emotionally attached to an old flame and I suppose you know what that means.

End analysis: Cut her loose. If things have not been resolved now, then that road will probably not worth traveling.

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“She Doesn’t Deserve You If She Doesn’t Pay You Allowance” – Female Twitter User / ~ladies: Reasons Why Your Guy Dumps You For Other Girls~ / I'm In Love With A Single Mother Of Four

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.