Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,460 members, 7,770,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:44 AM

2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries (22693 Views)

APC Adopts Direct Primaries For Edo Governorship Election Candidate / 2019: Tinubu Declines To Lead Buhari’s National Campaign / 2019: Tinubu Adamant About Decision On Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by afroniger: 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2018
2019: Lagos APC resolve to elect candidates through direct primaries

…To Commence Registration Of New Members, As Tinubu Insist Party Intact

…Ambode Lauds Decision, Says Resolution‘ll Deepen Democracy

The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Tuesday resolved to elect candidates who will fly the flag of the party at next year’s general elections through direct primaries which will involve all members of the party.

To this end, the party said it would immediately commence the process of registering new members, while the old members who have registered before now as well as the new members would all be issued membership cards Addressing members of the party at a stakeholders’ meeting held at the party’s secretariat on Acme Road, Ogba, APC National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, said it was gratifying to report that the party had resolved to register additional members, adding that membership register would be opened to facilitate the process, which eventually would be used for direct primaries.

He said: “We appeal to all our members to update the membership registration and embrace the direct primary that has just been introduced and adopted by our party. We are committed to our party; we are committed to the values of the party; we see direct primary as President Muhammadu Buhari’s anti-corruption and internal democracy revolution.

“We are going to embrace that in which the party is going back to the owners of the party and that is you the people. It is not we the few; it is we the people. We have embraced democracy and you have your decisions to be made but you have to be members of our party in the first place,” Tinubu said.

Tinubu also dismissed the insinuation that the party is divided in the State, saying there is nothing of such, and that the party is intact. “We reiterate the fact that APC in Lagos State is intact. There is no division. I’ve heard some people conspiring to present a situation of division in the party in Lagos but let me assure you that it is just the coming together of adversaries which will have no effect on the party,” Tinubu said.

Besides, he said the party at the State level also passed a resolution commending the Acting President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo for taking decisive actions to save the party and the nation from any embarrassment, saying: “We commend his efforts; we stand with him; and we stand with all members of our party,” just as the party commended all the steps taken so far by APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole.

The party equally urged members to get their Permanent Voters Card (PVCs) before the expiration of registration deadline by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

In his remarks, the State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode commended Tinubu for kick-starting the revolution for direct primaries, saying the process would go a long way to deepen democracy in the country.

“There is no better time to appreciate our National Leader (Tinubu) than now. What we have just witnessed is the beginning of a revolution about the deepening of democracy in Nigeria. People might not understand what is going on but we are giving power to the people and it is starting from APC.

“So, we want to collectively say a big thank you to Asiwaju for championing this silent revolution and it is very simple; what we are saying is that if we know that Lagos State is truly controlled by APC, we would champion a revolution that has never been witnessed before in this country and that means each member of our great party will now determine who becomes the President of this country and by so doing, we create the championship that Lagos State has the votes and Lagos State has the numbers to make things happen in this country,” the Governor said.

He said the party in the State, with the development, was laying a solid foundation, and that the onus was now on others to build on it and allow Nigeria arrive at its destined destination.

According to the Governor, “So, for us to say that all the people should go and get their membership, is going to now determine how many of us are really APC members. We want to determine what really controls political positions in this country and whoever has gone to defect, we are saying that there are no defectors in Lagos State and defection is a major loss to whoever has defected.

“By the time we count ourselves; by the time we count all the members of APC in Lagos State, other parties will understand where APC is going and that is the assignment for all of us. Each member will get a minimum of 100 new members and by the time we do our count, we should be so sure that that is what should happen in other States and we would deliver the next general presidential election to Muhammadu Buhari by the grace of God,” Governor Ambode said. The meeting was well attended by chieftains and members of the party across the State.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/2019-tinubu-hails-osinbajo-as-lagos-apc-adopts-direct-primaries/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by bedspread: 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2018
Reading was Sweet Until I got to Delivering Lagos to Pmb....

That is an Unhumane thing to think of

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by princesweetman2(m): 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
poster above me must be an ipob yoot or a helpless fidifi supporter.

Said Baba 2019-2023

92 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by princesweetman2(m): 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
FP loading grin

1 Like

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by Iamkuttie(m): 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2018
Atleast,
one can now dress well and look good, use good phones without fear. smiley smiley

All thanks to Our Presdo Proff. Osibanjo.

Sars, una papa!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Now wey una don jobless, una go sell Recharge card for street tire.
And we go still price the recharge card self grin grin

Stupid people smiley smiley

28 Likes

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by Daviddson(m): 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2018
Direct primary is the best way to select candidates. At least all party members will be able to have a say on who represents them at the general polls rather than having less than a 1,000 party officials do that after having been bribed in the private.

In the US (we dey follow am for news grin), aspirants campaign for their primary election as if they were campaigning for the main election. For the presidential, all the aspirants have to contest each state's votes individually, not the way PDP and APC chatter them to Abuja and aspirants thereafter visit their hotels with wads of dollars. The recent APC trial in Osun was very successful; wish it can go into our laws that all primaries should henceforth take that form.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by Austindark(m): 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2018
Anti democratic party
Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2018
We are going to embrace that in which the party is going back to the owners of the party and that is you the people. It is not we the few; it is we the people. We have embraced democracy and you have your decisions to be made

This is how things should be done in a sane clime.
All the best to you guys, but the ONLY thing we are after is PRESIDENT BUHARI TILL 2023.
So make sure the foundation is solid as you go.
Sai Baba!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by bedspread: 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2018
[s]
princesweetman2:
poster above me must be a Igbo or a helpless fidifi supporter.

Said Baba 2019-2023
[/s]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by Racoon(m): 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2018
Tinubu thread with caution.
Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by LajaLaba: 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2018
Chai ! Tinubu Igbos go eat u raw today !
Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by Demmtek(m): 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2018
Buhari will not have 40% of lagos comes 2019 bubu back to daura
Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by asawanathegreat(m): 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2018
Osu bajo and jagaban on the same train
Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by oshe11: 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2018
princesweetman2:

Said Baba 2019-2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by jomoh: 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
No more manipulation of delegates.

No more “money bag” primaries.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by Lexusgs430: 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
I would be pleased the day APC is kicked out of Lagos state.....

Let's have a view of how Tinubu and his cohorts, have bankrupted Lagos state's account.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by Ochiboy11: 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
APC DON FAIL
Kiss Daniel is here - Mc Pranks New wedded Couple grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pstUE5TNYE
Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by frowland(m): 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
princesweetman2:

Said Baba 2019-2023

Haha, funny. But please stop insulting some of us us angry I am Igbo and looking at the mirror I ain't anything Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2018
bedspread:
Reading was Sweet Until I got to Delivering Lagos to Pmb....

That is an Unhumane thing to think of
Do you have a better option?

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by mattonnairaland: 7:00pm On Aug 14, 2018
Prof Osinbajo is a man of the people

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by jaxxy(m): 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
Confused party. I hope they learn true democracy and accountability and having way to resolve internal party issues maturely rather than saying the party is one when there are actually divisions and factions. Even in Lagos State Fashola’s people don’t agree with Ambode’s for very petty reasons. I hope they get it right.
Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by uptimum123(m): 7:03pm On Aug 14, 2018
Good development
Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by Toosure70: 7:03pm On Aug 14, 2018
Lexusgs430:
I would be pleased the day APC is kicked out of Lagos state.....

Let's have a view of how Tinubu and his cohorts, have bankrupted Lagos state's account.......
it shows you will not be pleased forever. Mumu olori pelebe.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 14, 2018
I'm so lonely shit.
Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by Pavore9: 7:04pm On Aug 14, 2018
It needs no prophecy to know that Lagos is APC's come 2019.
Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by sokera: 7:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
princesweetman2:

Said Baba 2019-2023
yes naw, you should know them by their wailing

1 Like

Re: 2019: Tinubu Hails Osinbajo As Lagos APC Adopts Direct Primaries by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
Akabuking:

Lagos lagoons still needs people to swallow.
I wish you what you so wish yourself

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muritala Abiola: Obasanjo Collected N3m From Abiola To Work Against Abacha / Oshiomhole: Sowore Has No Right To Call For 'Revolution Now' / I’m In Lagos But My Heart Is In Kano” – Atiku Reacts To Bomb Explosions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.