Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) (165156 Views)

Honda Vs Volkswagen Vs Nissan ( Nigeria Use) / Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan / Toyota Camry Vs Toyota Avalon: Your Preference And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by MUZBO(m): 1:42pm On Jun 25, 2010
serubawon:

Hey, Toyota is a fine car and it's fuel economy is a lot better than Honda. But let's be honest with ourselves, honda brings out better performing cars and the car designs are off the charts. Hondas' 2nd hand value is unrivaled. It's almost like comparing the fear factor of an F-35 lightning (Honda) with a world war II bi-plane (Toyota). I've purchased a 2009 camry but I still prefer my 2007 honda accord. Even side by side, the honda looks like it's being insulted by being parked next to a camry. Every time I come out with the camry keys, I look at the accord and fall in love with it all over again. I always go back in and get the keys for my accord and I'm off. It's a beauty to drive. I don't care what anybody says, the Accord flattens any Toyota. cool
Need we say more?, I love the latest Camry but that big for nothing one?- never!! In fact I'll rather buy 2 Honda bulldogs and tow them after each other than buying that ugly car. I'll prefer a Honda.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by MUZBO(m): 1:43pm On Jun 25, 2010
serubawon:

Hey, Toyota is a fine car and it's fuel economy is a lot better than Honda. But let's be honest with ourselves, honda brings out better performing cars and the car designs are off the charts. Hondas' 2nd hand value is unrivaled. It's almost like comparing the fear factor of an F-35 lightning (Honda) with a world war II bi-plane (Toyota). I've purchased a 2009 camry but I still prefer my 2007 honda accord. Even side by side, the honda looks like it's being insulted by being parked next to a camry. Every time I come out with the camry keys, I look at the accord and fall in love with it all over again. I always go back in and get the keys for my accord and I'm off. It's a beauty to drive. I don't care what anybody says, the Accord flattens any Toyota. cool
Need we say more?, I love the latest Camry but that big for nothing one?- never!! In fact I'll rather buy 2 Honda bulldogs and tow them after each other than buying that ugly car. I'll prefer a Honda.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by yemmight(m): 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2010
My Toyota Camry cool
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by surugede(m): 2:26pm On Jun 25, 2010

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 25, 2010
Some people have come here to say the Toyota lasts longer. I would like you guys to look at the 1991 Honda Accord versus its Camry counterpart. I bet you see more of the Accords than the Camrys these days.

Toyota is over rated. The Honda Accord is far better.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by kabukabu(m): 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2010
adasi678:

firstly,you cant compare XLE V6 camry and EXL V6 honda.there are things you guy should know.Honda a copycat of toyota .Anytrime toyota brings out its model of camry honda will go and add a new feature to it and bring out a new accord.Honda always works on toyota as a spy.this double exhaust of honda was stolen from lexus(toyota luxury).for you guys information the only sedan that sold more than camry for the past few years is toyota corrolla.THE TOYOTA CAMRY IS FAR BETTER THAN HONDA ACCORD.

Toyota faces an age issue, being seen as the Buick of the Asian brands. "Younger consumers are going through a phase of 'Not my father's Camry' just as the 1970s and 1980s youth market went through the 'Not my father's Oldsmobile,'" noted the CNW report. The average age of Camry drivers is 48, compared to Hyundai's 39. The report went on: "Younger consumers see Toyota as a brand for older drivers

Park a white, four-cylinder 2010 Toyota Camry LE in your garage next to a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS or a Porsche Cayman S and don’t be surprised if the neighbors start wondering if you’re bipolar.

Maybe the Camry is your wife’s car. Or your grandmother’s.

But with close to half a million sold annually in the United States, Camrys are daily transportation for just about every type of buyer: The young, the old, and the somewhere in between, not to mention the automotive enthusiast, the vehicular ambivalent and the casual car fan.

No other car on offer in North America has such mass appeal as the Camry, and with a revised 2010 model just now making its way to showrooms, we decided it was time to take an in-depth look at the most mainstream of Main Street America Camrys.

What is it?
It’s hard to drive a city block without encountering at least one Camry, the best selling sedan in America. Toyota’s solution for middle America, the Camry came out of nowhere in the early 1990s to unseat Ford and General Motors’ offerings by serving up a healthy dose of the refinement and reliability that was lacking in contemporary domestic offerings.

Now halfway through its seventh generation, the Camry has been custom-tailored for the North American market. A mild update for 2010 gives it a new base powertrain and a light refresh outside.

What’s it up against?
Camry slots into the most competitive segment in America: The midsize sedan arena. While the rivals are numerous, only a handful of cars really compete for market share. Hailing from the Motor City, the heavily revised 2010 Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan pose a serious threat as they continue to gain market share. But don’t discount cross-town rival General Motors’ Chevrolet Malibu, which impressed us earlier this

updated Kia Optima.

Any breakthroughs?
For 2010, the Camry gains a new 2.5-liter, four-cylinder engine. Putting out 169 horsepower in base LE and upscale XLE trim levels, it adds another 10 ponies for the vaguely sport-oriented SE trim. A six-speed automatic brings things into the second decade of the 21st century, although the ever-important highway fuel economy rating of 32 mpg trails the 34 mpg rating of a similarly equipped Fusion.

Outside, Camry gained a mid-cycle refresh that will really only go noticed by current owners.

How does it look?
Wallflowers will delight in the Camry’s rather anonymous looks. Inevitably, with around 425,000 sold last year, the Camry isn’t the kind of car that induce double-takes and stares of admiration from the public. Our test car’s LE trim level represents the volume Camry model, which makes it all the more ubiquitous.

Simple and mostly cohesive, the Camry’s shape is hardly inoffensive. Toyota continues to play it safe with the 2010 model. Look closely and you’ll find that the grille is a little different and the tail lamps have been updated, but that’s it. Our tester was dressed up a little, but not much, by a set of optional 16-inch alloy wheels.

Over the years, the Camry has gone from crisply-toned minimalist to a jellybean shape that’s a little too bulbous for our tastes. We’d like to see Toyota get a little more daring with the next-generation model. Hot Fusion sales have indicated that a polarizing design element, like the Gillette-style three-bar chrome grille, don’t keep buyers

on the inside?
Unchanged since its 2007 model year launch, the Camry’s interior is probably one of its biggest selling points. Though not feature laden and hardly groundbreaking in terms of its design, it’s a quiet, serene place to whittle away the miles. Tall, chair-like seats clearly designed for American-style girth and convenient controls combine with carefully-assembled, quality-feeling materials. Add in a roomy rear seat and great visibility and you can start to see why so many Americans feel comfortable at the wheel of a Camry.

Just don’t expect anything approaching a luxurious, coddling experience. There are few “oooh, ahhh” features beyond the electroluminescent gauges and power driver’s seat, especially when you factor in our press fleet test car’s $24,125 price tag.

Our only complaints stem from some of the materials choices. While little feels inappropriate for the list price, the silver-painted plastic trim is susceptible to scratches from everyday use, while the felt-like cloth upholstery is bound to be a shocker when winter rolls around.

But does it go?
The 2.5-liter four, an enlarged version of the outgoing 2.4-liter, now with variable valve timing, provides decent pickup above about 2,000 rpm, though it’s pretty lazy up until that point. Fairly smooth at idle and in typical around-town driving, it makes a little bit of a booming racket as it approaches the 4,100 rpm torque peak.

Its 169-horsepower and 167 lb-ft. of torque ratings are pretty much par for the class, while the six-speed automatic puts it in fairly elite company. That transmission shifted smoothly and accurately in around-town driving, though like in the Fusion and Malibu, it was quick to kick down into fifth for highway passing. It features a sport mode and up and down shift manual-style capabilities. Slow to respond to upshift and downshift taps of the lever and unwilling to shift beyond fourth gear in sport mode, the transmission is best left in drive.

Our tester’s Michelin tires were designed for long

32 highway expect.

Why you would buy it
You have no inclination to stand out from the crowd and your three previous Camrys have served you well.

Why you wouldn’t
You test drove some of the Camry’s more dynamic, but still comfortable competition.

Leftlane’s bottom line
Certainly one of the least-exciting vehicles on the road, the Camry’s appeal lies in its ability to do just about everything pretty darn well. It’s the kind of car that you won’t miss when you trade it in, but you won’t hate during the time you own it. It will almost certainly start every morning and get you to work drama-free for over 100,000 miles.

For years, this was all buyers could ask for. But with the revised Ford Fusion, not to mention the Hyundai Sonata, offering either a better driving experience or more features for thousands of hard-earned dollars less, the Camry’s outlook isn’t quite as bright as it was. We encourage Toyota to take way more chances on its next model – the Camry’s ability to sell based on its reputation can’t last forever.

2010 Toyota Camry LE base price, $21,900. As tested, $24,125.
Alloy wheels, $410; Moonroof, $890; Floormats, $200; Destination, $725.

Words and photos by Andrew Ganz Leftlane.com
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by kabukabu(m): 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2010
I will sum up my own post above for those bad in comprehension grin grin grin grin

Toyota camry drivers are generally older than 45,most likely to be your father or grandfathers car grin

Yes,it is reliable but very bland/boring and unexicting grin grin

you don't expect to get a hot date with a Camry grin grin unless she is over 50.

Interior is comfortable but not what you would call luxurious

Performs ok,but will not be leaving any other comparable car in the dust even the hyundai sonata

everybody has one, who wants that grin grin grin
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by kabukabu(m): 4:10pm On Jun 25, 2010
190:

Free me!!

Mercedes ROCKS,

have u seen the latest C-CLass,
If any angel in the heavens should come down to Nigeria
they would be driving in these!!

Take it easy,brother, Bank tellers drive Mercedes C classes in the US not angels, chukwumerije
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by alanbolo(m): 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2010
@Kabukabu,  pls downplay ur sentiments about Honda a little bit,   Let's just leave it that Honda is flashy and Toyota are more fuel efficient and Total Returns on it's Investment is much more better.   I have bought both cars from brand new and could categorized the above facts.  I still drive MDX, Accord and Camry.

Ask any dealer in the house, even at auction site here in USA, the camry's are still more expensive to their Accord counterpart.

FYI - Honda only surpassed Toyota as best sedan in 2001, 2009 and 2010  based on d last 10yrs.         check ur source.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by cliveland: 4:23pm On Jun 25, 2010
@ poster!!!

HOOOOOOONNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

NAIJA PEEPS WE TOO DEY LIE 4 NOTHING, NA POOR MAN DEY COMPLAIN SAY BEER BITTER, FUEL ECONOMY MY BUTT

y buy a car dat would not make me cool amongst peeps dat any Toyota can give no matter d model compared to its Honda comtemporary

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Wallie(m): 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2010
For 2005, everything else being equal, the Honda will probably be a better buy. But for the latest models, the Camry is a better buy.

@Siena – Toyota is actually more innovative than Honda if you include their respective luxury brands. Acura which is the same as Honda has the worst line up of almost any tier 2 brand.

At least, Lexus which is a Toyota still competes with other tier 1 brands. I won’t buy a Lexus but at least they have the LS, GS, IS and the LFA to keep other brands on their toes.

Acura as a company needs to get re-organized and all their designers fired! They only have one new car that is worth mentioning and that’s the MDX. Even Honda’s line up till date only includes 1 interesting car, and that’s the S2000. The S2000 is an engineering marvel based on the horsepower/liter and the RPM.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Dedax(m): 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2010
I own a really cool honda, both my father and father-in-law own Toyota's- 2009 Camry and 2010 Avensis.

BUT My Wife and I still lust after the TOYOTA- They are simply more RUGGED.

Fashi posing, on Naija roads rock your Honda Abuja- Lagos twice come back and tell us your experience.

As the elders say "wetin old man dey see when e siddon, "

Finally when gra gra finish you will confess, as small pikin dey talk- "When I grow up I will buy a Toyota"

Anyday anytime- "TOYOTA est fantastique"

4 Likes

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by friendl: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2010
for that year? 2005

the Honda EOD is far far better?
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by tonitone1(m): 6:49pm On Jun 25, 2010
99% OF ANY CAR YOU SEE WITH A PULL OUT OR BENT TYRE DUE TO DEFECTIVE SUSPENSION AND BALL JOINTS ARE HONDA!, I KEEP ASKING WHY?, WHY?, WHY?, WHY?, WHY?, I HAVE A COROLLA 2005 MODEL, FOR 3 YEARS, IT HAS NEVER GONE TO A MECHANIC, AND I HAVE USED IT EVERY DAY FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS, WITH LOTS OF 1000KM TRAVELS IN BETWEEN

MEN ITS TOYOTA, GOOD PRODUCT, GOOD THINKING
LAST LINE:, Back in the days, i used 3 different types of Mbenz, and gusee what all the benz mechanics know me by all my names!, but now, Taiye, Kunle, Emeka etc all my ex mechanics don't see my shadow again, PLS GO FOR TOYOTA = RELIABILTY + EFFICIENCY
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by OAM4J: 6:56pm On Jun 25, 2010
Its got to be Toyota Jor!

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by harakiri(m): 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2010
@Post

Till date, i am yet you understand what young Nigerian men see in Toyota Camry! In other countries, people who drives Toyota's (especially the Camry and Avalon) are elderly people above 55 years of age but here in this country, you will see young guys talking about Camry as if it's a Porsche.It always beats my imagination. The difference is very clear :

HONDA
(1)Well detailed exterior
(2)Purposely designed interior
(3)Looks good and gets in anywhere
(4)Best driven by 25-45 year olds.

TOYOTA
(1)Senseless exterior design
(2)The only asset the interior possesses are the CD player and optional leather seats which are normal requirements of a luxury sedean.
(3)Nothing special about it.When you see a Camry, one word comes to mind. . .DUMB! ! !
(4)Meant to be driven by 46 - dead year olds.

Personally, i prefer Nissan.

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Wallie(m): 8:31pm On Jun 25, 2010
The average age of Camry buyers is 52, which is about 10 years older than Honda and Nissan buyers, at least in the US.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by harakiri(m): 8:41pm On Jun 25, 2010
This might be off topic but as far as i am concerned, this beauty remains the ultimate driving machine.It literally Poo.s on Mercedes!

Bimmer! ! ! grin grin cheesy

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 25, 2010
I'm highly surprised many many people are going for Honda here. I use Honda, but I have been dying to have Toyota.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by dayokanu(m): 9:09pm On Jun 25, 2010
^^ Me sef o, I use a wheelbarrow, I have been trying hard to get a bicycle even if na Aba made
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ Me sef o, I use a wheelbarrow, I have been trying hard to get a bicycle even if na Aba made
grin u nor serious o
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 25, 2010
harakiri:

Till date, i am yet you understand what young Nigerian men see in Toyota Camry! In other countries, people who drives Toyota's (especially the Camry and Avalon) are elderly people above 55 years of age but here in this country, you will see young guys talking about Camry as if it's a Porsche.It always beats my imagination. The difference is very clear :

I agree. I've never understood the odd craze for the Toyota Camry, which at best is more suited to commercial use, i.e taxi cabs.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by toba1909(m): 10:11pm On Jun 25, 2010
Some posters make me laugh here with there comments.
Imagine some saying Toyota Camry models are built for old men. grin grin grin
Toyota Camry rocks anyday, anytime, anywhere,

I can easily make a U-turn suddenly with my 99 Camry without any hitch, which no fucking Honda Accord can try without going for wheel balancing. grin cheesy cool
So what the heck

Abeg Camry ni jare!!!
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by harakiri(m): 10:53pm On Jun 25, 2010
toba1909:

Some posters make me laugh here with there comments.
Imagine some saying Toyota Camry models are built for old men.  grin grin grin
Toyota Camry rocks anyday, anytime, anywhere,

I can easily make a U-turn suddenly with my 99 Camry without any hitch, which no bleeping Honda Accord can try without going for wheel balancing. grin cheesy cool
So what the heck

Abeg Camry ni jare!!!

Are you sure about that? I've seen a 4runner almost flip over once at a bend doing less than 90miles/hr.So what gives? If you're talking about Honda's from the '80s i might agree with you but not Honda's of today.In between, how many early '90s Camry's do you see outside today?I still see a lot of Honda halas though but where are the self acclaimed "good thinking,good products"? Hmmm? Where they at? In the junk yard, that's where they at!
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by toba1909(m): 11:02pm On Jun 25, 2010
harakiri:

Are you sure about that? I've seen a 4runner almost flip over once at a bend doing less than 90miles/hr.So what gives? If you're talking about Honda's from the '80s i might agree with you but not Honda's of today.In between, how many early '90s Camry's do you see outside today?I still see a lot of Honda halas though but where are the self acclaimed "good thinking,good products"? Hmmm? Where they at? In the junk yard, that's where they at!

Guess you're joking with the words in bold.
Toyota Camry 1990-1999 models still rides on the street more than Honda Accords of same model.

I'm not sure some posters here recognizes models of vehicles at all grin cheesy cheesy

So u're telling me no Pali Eja, Orobo & Tiny light on the street again
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by OAM4J: 11:14pm On Jun 25, 2010
harakiri:

I dont know where you were looking, but i see a lot of 90-93 Toyota Camry models around. In Nigeria you probably wouldn't find them so much around Lagos, but go to the rural areas, you will count 7 of it before you see 1 90s honda. My friend in Lagos sold his to a man from Ogbomosho, according to him, the rural people find it more rugged than any other brand of same year for their transportation.

Besides they are so good that many of its owners do not wish to dispose them off, at best they keep it as their second car.
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by kobikwelu(m): 11:28pm On Jun 25, 2010
depends on your year range

2003 and below, go for a toyota camry

2005 and above, go for a honda

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by kobikwelu(m): 11:31pm On Jun 25, 2010
@ harakiri,

hate to disagree with you, but its a merc that rules,

the pix you posted is a "concept car", not yet in production

google up s600 v12 and compare with the bmw750, den tell mi the difference
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by kobikwelu(m): 11:54pm On Jun 25, 2010
check this merc out

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by Nobody: 1:01am On Jun 26, 2010
this argument may never end, it is like comparing a Bimmer to a Benz. well i still prefer a Bimmer anyway

@
Dedax:

Fashi posing, on Naija roads rock your Honda Abuja- Lagos twice come back and tell us your experience.

As the elders say "wetin old man dey see when e siddon, "

bros i would like to counter ur statement, i regularly drive to PH, cos i love driving long distance, i use to do it with my previous car a toyota corolla 2006. well i discovered when i try to go over 140 km/h u stop feeling the car it is as if u r flying, so i am forced to be on 120km/h all the time.

i did the same trip with my new 2007 EOD accord. average speed was 150km/h and u could still feel the energy to go up to 180km but trust naija roads.

if u work in VI and drive during rainy seasons u would know that after u swim water with ur car u would change shock in one week. i changed shock on my toyota 3 times in one year cos of flooding thats why i sold the car.
i have swam the same river in front of my office with my EOD and no strange sounds yet.

toyota is a fantastic car but a Honda is a wonderful car. it talks to u when u r on the road u might even be tempted to race a bimmer when u r in a HONDA.

1 Like

Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by toba1909(m): 5:24am On Jun 26, 2010
kaecy5:

this argument may never end, it is like comparing a Bimmer to a Benz. well i still prefer a Bimmer anyway

@
bros i would like to counter your statement, i regularly drive to PH, cos i love driving long distance, i use to do it with my previous car a toyota corolla 2006. well i discovered when i try to go over 140 km/h u stop feeling the car it is as if u r flying, so i am forced to be on 120km/h all the time.

i did the same trip with my new 2007 EOD accord. average speed was 150km/h and u could still feel the energy to go up to 180km but trust naija roads.

[b]if u work in VI [/b]and drive during rainy seasons u would know that after u swim water with your car u would change shock in one week. i changed shock on my toyota 3 times in one year cos of flooding thats why i sold the car.
i have swam the same river in front of my office with my EOD and no strange sounds yet.

toyota is a fantastic car but a Honda is a wonderful car. it talks to u when u r on the road u might even be tempted to race a bimmer when u r in a HONDA.

So we now have VI in North Carolina grin grin grin
Re: Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) by kabukabu(m): 5:44am On Jun 26, 2010
2010 nissan Maxima has both beat hands down

average age of accord owners in the US=36

average age of camry owners in the US=50 yrs over

average age of maxima owners in the US =34

don't drive your father's car,drive a Maxima, sporty/flashy and a more powerful 300 hp v6 instead of plowing along in the camry's 170 hp weak engine, robbers will catch you in the camry, but only see dust in the sport tuned Maxima.
stay alive and sexy grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Automatic Gearbox Problems / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.