Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,456 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria (70671 Views)

Zenith Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate / Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria / Interest Rates On Fixed Time/tenure Deposits In Nigerian Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by confluence: 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2011
@Olaisrich,
I the % you qouted above is per annum not monthly.
I did make enquiry too from some ghana banks some offer btw 7% to 14.5% all are per year not monthly.
Even our own gtb bank nigeria that offer just 2-3% per year offers btw 7-9% in ghana, this i think is largely due to the Moneytary Policy rate of the various CBN of each countries.
MPR NIG CBN= 6.5%
MPR GHANA CBN= 13.5%
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Olaisrich(m): 11:04pm On Mar 14, 2011
@confluence,
Thanks! Though i made the enquiries via telephone cos i was out of Accra, now am back and am going to do it one on one, am using intercontinental bank Ghana, if what you said is true,they will never have my money!
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by X2X(m): 10:51am On Mar 16, 2011
@Saridon P

Can you mention the banks currently doing above the MPR? I checked a couple and they are all offering below the MPR.

Kip on rockin!
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Olaisrich(m): 6:57am On Mar 17, 2011
@ confluence,
you are 500% right! the bank % is calculated in per annum,what they are willing to give is too low. Meanwhile, i made an investment of GHC 1500 with 20% monthly interest with somebody which is more better than committing GHC 10000 with low interest in 3 month. I had made a U turn!
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by confluence: 12:35am On Mar 18, 2011
http://www.accessbankplc.com/Library/Documents/Weekly%20Rates%20Watch/2011_Rates_Watch/Rateswatch_March_7_2011.pdf
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by confluence: 9:01am On Mar 18, 2011
@olaisrich,
check the link i posted above, access bank seems to offer the highest now in the banking industry
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by X2X(m): 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2011
confluence:

http://www.accessbankplc.com/Library/Documents/Weekly%20Rates%20Watch/2011_Rates_Watch/Rateswatch_March_7_2011.pdf

Thanks.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by confluence: 9:50am On Mar 23, 2011
Fixed deposit rate seems to rise as the CBN has increase its MPR to 7.5% to fight inflation.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/19417-cbn-surprises-markets-fights-inflation-with-1-rate-rise
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by hugooh42(m): 8:36am On Apr 13, 2011
It's not 7.5% as you stated .I spoke with my account officer on that, and he said its inter bank rate not for customer.Infact he said its been increased from 2% to 3.5%.Not encouraging at all.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by hugooh42(m): 10:55am On Apr 13, 2011
@okwobome And buying and selling sms is making your money work for you?
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by confluence: 2:37pm On Apr 13, 2011
@hugooh42 ,
as at today access bank gave me 7.5%per year for 10m and above,
bank phb is even doing 9% per year, so find out well
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by hugooh42(m): 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2011
My God whats wrong with UBA? You can imagine 3.5%on 5million.And they are claiming it's uniform for all banks.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by peacefulla: 12:28am On Oct 23, 2011
pls i want to know the best bank now to ve a fixed deposit account.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Tonyblu(m): 9:12am On Jan 19, 2012
HI All,
Any ideas on the current rates for Fixed Deposits for Nigeria banks?

Regards,

Tony.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Cupidkc(m): 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2012
Plz What's the rate as at today?
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by koom4real: 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2012
It is true that banks give 2-3.5% rate on deposits, and more depending on the money involved. No bank will charge above CBN stipulated rate. If any bank charge up to 7%, calculate your investment turnover yourself to be sure of rate enjoyed. I am an account officer for P&C investment and lending Ltd. I can offer upto 8% on deposits of 100k-200k, and up to 11% on 1m+. You can forward all your investment enquiries to me via koom4real@yahoo.com or call/SMS 07038282058, 08027169080 Mr Olawoyin. All rates are per annum.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by EMOGROUP: 9:04am On Feb 26, 2013
bedone: I Heard Interest Rate On Fixed Savings Account In Nigeria Is High. Is That True? I need to know the lowdown on this. Please enlighten me on this topic.
Go and start up a business if you want better returns on your Money, if you are generous and work with leverage, you might even make up to or more than 100 percent of your Money in a year. Just make use of your head or employ professionals to do it for you while you earn your cash. Simple as that!!
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by HAH: 9:22am On Feb 26, 2013
EMO GROUP: Go and start up a business if you want better returns on your Money, if you are generous and work with leverage, you might even make up to or more than 100 percent of your Money in a year. Just make use of your head or employ professionals to do it for you while you earn your cash. Simple as that!!

Fixed deposit account is an investment account not all people have time to trade by themselves. the risk is less than trader hence the low return, However if you are risk taker make your fixed deposit with micro finance bank as their rates are higher.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by HAH: 9:27am On Feb 26, 2013
Advice : when negotiating for rates always take cognizance of inflation rate, it must be higher than inflationn any investment less than inflation rate means you are loosing money no matter the amount.

Always have it at the back of your mind that fixed deposit is an investment account not a savings so expect returns
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by jerk: 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2013
which bank has the best interest rate on fixed deposit acct.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by hrmgr: 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2013
@jerk my company can give you 14% on N10m for 360days, we have very good rates, give us a try!
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by EMOGROUP: 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2013
What am saying is that, instead of investing your Money on banks that uses the Money to do business and earn good returns on your Money, why not look for existing business and partner with the person or look for a good business idea and employ professionals to manage it for you. Am sure at worst you will make more than 50% of your Capital and you would have touche people lives.

1 Like

Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by HAH: 7:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
jerk: which bank has the best interest rate on fixed deposit acct.
hrmgr: @jerk my company can give you 14% on N10m for 360days, we have very good rates, give us a try!

My brother considering the fact that inflation rate averagely 12% don't you think 14% is low considering the fact that you will deduct 10% of the interest as WHT and also at what rate are you lending it out I guess something above 24% all in?

@jerk the best rate are in MFB's due to the fact that they lent out most at 10% flat which means 120%pa so deposit rate as well may be high but mind you the risk too is very high
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by jerk: 7:32am On Feb 27, 2013
HAH:

My brother considering the fact that inflation rate averagely 12% don't you think 14% is low considering the fact that you will deduct 10% of the interest as WHT and also at what rate are you lending it out I guess something above 24% all in?

@jerk the best rate are in MFB's due to the fact that they lent out most at 10% flat which means 120%pa so deposit rate as well may be high but mind you the risk too is very high
tnks a lot.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by Chiefoomii: 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
Please what is the interest rate for fixed deposit account with GTBank and Access Bank or any other bank?
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by exportpro(m): 12:52am On Jan 16, 2015
You can Build & Manage A Successful Personal Investment/Financial Profile In 2016 and Beyond.
with 500k invested In Omnibus Global you Get paid a Guaranteed N15,000 Interest Every Quarter throughout 2015.
You Also Get The Following Rates For the Listed Investments Values:

1m = N100,000/Year
2m = N240,000/Year
5m = N600,000/Year
10m = N1,400,000/Year
20m = N2,400,000/Year

OMNIBUS GLOBAL is duly Registered With The Association of Non-Bank Micro-Finance Institutions Of Nigeria (ANMFIN) & The Chartered Institute Of Loan & Risk Management Of Nigeria (CILRMN)
they are Involved In Agro Trade | Power Solutions| Finance | Insurance | Micro-Leasing & Enterprise Development.
Visit: http://www.omnibusglobal.org
Whatsapp 08185000488 Now For Probes, Verifications, Clarifications, Confirmations or Higher Investment Value Inquiries.
NB. they Welcome Inquest Into their Payment Claims.
Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by exportpro(m): 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2015
You can Build & Manage A Successful Personal Investment/Financial Profile In 2016 and Beyond.
with 500k invested In Omnibus Global you Get paid a Guaranteed N15,000 Interest Every Quarter throughout 2015.
You Also Get The Following Rates For the Listed Investments Values:

1m = N100,000/Year
2m = N240,000/Year
5m = N600,000/Year
10m = N1,400,000/Year
20m = N2,400,000/Year

OMNIBUS GLOBAL is duly Registered With The Association of Non-Bank Micro-Finance Institutions Of Nigeria (ANMFIN) & The Chartered Institute Of Loan & Risk Management Of Nigeria (CILRMN)
they are Involved In Agro Trade | Power Solutions| Finance | Insurance | Micro-Leasing & Enterprise Development.
Visit: http://www.omnibusglobal.org
Whatsapp 08185000488 Now For Probes, Verifications, Clarifications, Confirmations or Higher Investment Value Inquiries.
NB. they Welcome Inquest Into their Payment Claims.

Re: Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria by uobimba(m): 2:06pm On May 31, 2016
As of today ecobank can give 2% for 500K quarterly(3 months)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sergei Mavrodi, MMM Founder Dies At 62 / BREAKING: MMM Nigeria Crashes, Freezes Participants’ Money - Breezereporters / Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.