Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Is The Bible Complete? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Bible Complete? (12705 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? / Decoding The Visions In The Book Of Daniel (Islam in the Bible) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Bible Complete? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2007
I've been reading the bible and i saw in Joshua where the writer referred to the Book of Jasher which is definitely not in the bible. I've seen the book of nathan too. And i think there are others too. Can someone explain why these books are not in the bible? that means its not complete right?i mean the bible!
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by jagunlabi(m): 3:01pm On Mar 31, 2007
You do have a lot to learn.So till now you have not realised that the bible is anything but complete?The texts you read in the bible were selected among many other texts,and compliled to form what you read today.
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by babs787(m): 11:14am On Apr 03, 2007
100% complete
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by ishmael(m): 11:04am On Apr 05, 2007
Catholic Bible is complete, but KJV is not complete.
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by DorisB(f): 11:01pm On Apr 10, 2007
shout up ishmael,what do you know,all bibles are 100% complete,pls mind what you said.by the way what type of name are you bearing.
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by ishmael(m): 7:39am On Apr 11, 2007
Doris B:

shout up ishmael,what do you know,all bibles are 100% complete,please mind what you said.

May God forgive you because i have forgiven you already. There are some books in the catholic bible that were rejected by the protestants.

Doris B:

by the way what type of name are you bearing.

Hebrew name meaning "God hears"
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by LoveKing(m): 9:59am On Apr 12, 2007
babs787:

100% complete

hello>? where is the book of Jasher as reported in the Book of Joshua? or the book of Jehu as stated in the 2nd book of Chronicles? yeah the bible is complete! *shuuumck*
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by pilgrim1(f): 10:42am On Apr 12, 2007
LoveKing:

hello>? where is the book of Jasher as reported in the Book of Joshua?

Josh. 10:13 - And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

The book of Jasher was referred to merely as confirmation of the event in that verse. It does not give the idea that it was part of the canon of Scripture that the Jews saw as inspired.

LoveKing:

or the book of Jehu as stated in the 2nd book of Chronicles? yeah the bible is complete! *shuuumck*

2 Chron. 20:34 - Now the rest of the acts of Jehoshaphat, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Jehu the son of Hanani, who is mentioned in the book of the kings of Israel.

The same thing as above: it does not give the idea that the book of Jehu was regarded as Scripture. Jehu the son of Hanani is said to be mentioned in "the book of the Kings of Israel", and the reference could be found in I Kings 16.

That the Bible makes allusion to several scripts or writings not found in among the 66 books regarded as 'Scripture' does not make the Bible an incomplete Book. Luke 1:1 states that many had attempted to 'set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us' - but those "many" are still not regarded as Scripture.

I believe the Bible is complete as Scripture.
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by Aduks(f): 11:22am On Apr 12, 2007
The bible is complete. No one should add or substract from it, either king James version or NIV the bible its still the same word of God.
Let us be careful so we won't be misled, i was once told really that KJV, NIV, The Amplified version etc are incomplete bible. The man said Bible was originally written in jew's language and interpreted to english by king James, that King James did not finished the interpretation before his death, while other interpreter continued from where King James stopped like the one Ismael was refering to. The word of God is really complete regardless of the interpreter.
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2007
will there be a book big enough to contain all the events?
The 66 books you have can lead you to salvation.

why ask for raw eggs when you've been served omelettes?
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by babs787(m): 11:06am On Apr 17, 2007
If you are saying the bible is complete

1. which is complete, the protestants (66 books) or catholics (73 books)

2. If the bible is complete, where are these verses in Revised Standard Version, Good News Bible, New International Bible, Living Bible Versions and other bibles apart from KJV

a.Mathew 17 v 21 (b) mark 11 v 26 (c) acts 8 v 37 (d) Mathew 17 v 21 (e) Mathew 21 v 44 (f) Mathew 23 v 14 etc

3. If the bible is complete

a.
Numbers 21:14 Wherefore it is said in the book of the wars of the Lord, What he did in the Red sea, and in the brooks of Arnon,

where is the Book of the Wars of the Lord?

b.Joshua 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

2 Samuel 1:18 (Also he bade them teach the children of Judah the use of the bow: behold, it is written in the book of Jasher.)

where is the Book of Jasher

c.1 Chronicles 29:29 Now the acts of David the king, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Samuel the seer, and in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the book of Gad the seer,

where is the Book of Samuel the Seer and Gad the Seer?

d.1 Chronicles 29:29 Now the acts of David the king, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Samuel the seer, and in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the book of Gad the seer,…

where is the book of Nathan the Prophet?

e. 2 Chronicles 9:29 Now the rest of the acts of Solomon, first and last, are they not written in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite, and in the visions of Iddo the seer against Jeroboam the son of Nebat?

Where is the prophecy of Ahijah and Shilonite and the visions of Iddo the Seer?

f.2 Chronicles 12:15 Now the acts of Rehoboam, first and last, are they not written in the book of Shemaiah the prophet, and of Iddo the seer concerning genealogies? And there were wars between Rehoboam and Jeroboam continually.

Where is the Book of Shemaiah, the prophet?

g.2 Chronicles 20:34 Now the rest of the acts of Jehoshaphat, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Jehu the son of Hanani, who is mentioned in the book of the kings of Israel.

Where is the Book of Jehu?

h.2 Chronicles 26:22 Now the rest of the acts of Uzziah, first and last, did Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, write.

Where is the Acts of Uzziah?

Let me stop here

IS THE QURAN WRONG IN STATING THAT THE TORAH WAS LOST OR CORRUPTED?
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by stimulus(m): 11:48am On Apr 17, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

where is the book of Nathan the Prophet?
- - -
Where is the prophecy of Ahijah and Shilonite and the visions of Iddo the Seer?
- - -
Where is the Book of Shemaiah, the prophet?
- - -
Where is the Book of Jehu?
- - -
Where is the Acts of Uzziah?

Let me stop here

IS THE QURAN WRONG IN STATING THAT THE TORAH WAS LOST OR CORRUPTED?

The Qur'an was WRONG in its allegations against the Bible. If you can't take it, then please provide the original TORAH, INJIL and PSALMS that the Qur'an boasted about that no Muslim (including Muhammad) has ever set eyes on.

Even then, if the Bible is not complete because the books of Jehu and Gad, etc. are not in it; is the Qur'an complete when it does not have the TORAH, INJIL or PSALMS? The Allah of the Qur'an claimed to have sent down, revealed, and confirmed those books - WHERE ARE THEY? And if they are not in the Qur'an, does that make it any better than the Bible for not including the books of Jehu, Gad, etc.?

Until you provide the same books that the Qur'an boasts that Allah sent down, no one is to take Muhammad's tales seriously. The Qur'an is hugely deficient for making such a claim and yet NOT including those books in the same Qur'an you read.

@babs787, WHERE ARE THE TORAH, INJIL AND PSALMS IN THE QURAN??
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 17, 2007
watch him return with steam from his ears hopefully with the original Torah and Injil which allah has woefully failed to preserve and produce
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 18, 2007
blabs787, why are you in the habbit of jumping from thread to thread especially when Mo's tales are exposed? grin
why have u not gone back to defend mohammed and his fallen iris?
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 18, 2007
like a certain Mo jumping from bed to bed grin grin
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by Aproko(f): 11:14am On Apr 18, 2007
i agree with babs787.though i think the bible is incomplete, however it is complete enough to enable you live a christlike life.so all those that plan to do bad, no excuses of bible aint complete. grin
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by redsun(m): 8:04pm On Apr 18, 2007
The bible is edited to suit the need of the propagators,don't get me wrong,it is a good book if you understand it just like any other good book,you got to be the principal actor for you to benefit from it,be the one that is.
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by MP007(m): 7:23am On Apr 20, 2007
iT IS truth that many books of thegospel where not included in the bible by the early church.They belive that the main focus should be the teaching sof Jesus which i agree with, o yea man of little faith , its like me writing a gospel during the time of jesus, that doesnt mean my book as to be incluided cos its gospel and ancient!, u get it now?
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by LoveKing(m): 9:25am On Apr 20, 2007
MP007:

iT IS truth that many books of thegospel where not included in the bible by the early church.They believe that the main focus should be the teaching sof Jesus which i agree with, o yea man of little faith , its like me writing a gospel during the time of jesus, that doesnt mean my book as to be incluided because its gospel and ancient!, u get it now?

NOPE!
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by dinnerm(f): 4:06pm On Apr 22, 2007
yes,very complete.
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by redsun(m): 10:09pm On Apr 22, 2007
There is no absolute truth,one thing is for sure history repeats itself,the history of the time of christ was copying the history that preceded it,the egyptian history but with amendments which is normal because time change,it's just us that are refusing to change,we just want to remain in past while the world is moving on,if christ was here in the 21st century,i bet he  will be in the house with a diffrent mentallity though,peace.
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 22, 2007
redsun:

There is no absolute truth,one thing is for sure history repeats itself,the history of the time of christ was copying the history that preceded it,the egyptian history but with amendments which is normal because time change,it's just us that are refusing to change,we just want to remain in past while the world is moving on,if christ was here in the 21st century,i bet he will be in the house with a diffrent mentallity though,peace.

Your opinion and you're entitled to it.
Igbos say that even a mad man has a point.
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by babs787(m): 10:48am On Apr 23, 2007
@stimulus

Without even going into the Quran, it has been established the the bible is incomplete. I have been telling you that if you think that the Quran is incomplete as some apologists have been claiming, bring out a verse as I have done.

In addition to the above, open your RSV of 1952, you will be shocked to note that mark 16 ends at verse 8, and after an embarrassing expanse of blank space, the missing verses appear in ‘small print’ as a footnote at the bottom of the page.

Your bible confirmed that it has grave defects. Read the preface of the RSV 1971 and I quote:

‘ The king James Version has with good reason been termed ‘the noblest monument of English prose’. Its revisers in 1881 expressd admiratin for ‘its simplicity, its dignity, its power, its happy turns of expression… the music of its cadences, and the felicities of its rhythm…. We owe it an incalculable debt.

Yet the King James Version has grave defects. By the middle of the nineteenth century, the development of biblical studies and the discovery of many manuscripts more ancient than those upon which the King James Version was based, made it manifest that these defects are so many and so serious as to call for revision of the English translation.’

The Quran is the last book revealed to the seal of the prophets because the original message of both Torah and Gospel cannot be found. We are told that Moses wrote the 5 books, do we say Moses addressed himself thus:

‘and the Lord said unto him, away, get thee down…
‘And Moses said unto the Lord, the people cannot come…
‘And the Lord said unto Moses, go on before the people…
‘And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying….
‘And the Lord said unto Moses, get down, charge the….

Moses even wrote his obituary before his death, his age, and said that he was buried when he hasn’t died. cheesy cheesy

As for the NT, we learnt that Jesus was given the Gospel but can we say the Gospel in existence is the one given to him? Do we add the book of Luke, acts to revelation as part of the gospel? The original message is lost. Four other gospels composed by men were chosen by Athanasius, a fourth century bishop to replace the lost Gospel of Jesus Christ. (The New Encyclopedia Britannica vol. 14. p. 814).

I remembered when I started the thread, ‘was jesus crucified’?, I listed Gospel of Barnabas among those that rejected the crucifixion of jesus Christ. Many Christian apologists hide under the GoB, ignored my other write ups and concentrated on GoB. I had to exercise patience in order for the topic to move on. The Christians here never knew that Babs must have got enough fact, proof, evidence etc before posting anything on Christianity here. Now if you don’t know, in the mid-4th century manuscrpt called Codex Sinaiticus, the Letter of Barnabas and the Shepherd of Hermas are incuded as part of the New Testament (The New Encyclopedia Britannica, vol. 14. p. 814).

Apart from your inability to give me missing verse(s) from my Book, am even telling you again to bring it out from your bible where it states that its complete and that nothing is missing.

1st Corinthians 13 v 9: for we know in part an we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Which is the one that is in part and which is the one that will be perfect because we know that OT and NT are in existence.

Quran 6 v 38: , we have neglected nothing in the book.

He who sees the truth and accepts, does so for his own soul and he who rejects, does so at his own peril. Truth has come, falsehood is bound to perish.
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 23, 2007
wasn't it a certain allah that abrogated some Koran verses?
satanic verses lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2007
Gal 1:8   But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9   As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:10   For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
Gal 1:11   But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man .

Now we see what the Bible expressly says of false prophets like MO
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 23, 2007
However, unlike most religions, within Islam there are certain provisions under which lying is not simply tolerated, but actually encouraged. The book "The spirit of Islam," by the Muslim scholar, Afif A. Tabbarah was written to promote Islam. On page 247, Tabbarah stated: "Lying is not always bad, to be sure; there are times when telling a lie is more profitable and better for the general welfare, and for the settlement of conciliation among people, than telling the truth. To this effect, the Prophet says: 'He is not a false person who (through lies) settles conciliation among people, supports good or says what is good."

http://www.islamreview.com/articles/lying.shtml
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by babs787(m): 10:15am On Apr 24, 2007
@babyosis

You peope never knew that whatever you say bounces back at you.

1. In the Holy Quran ,we have abrogated verses and we have the reason for saying so. The abrogated verses are still there in the Quran. Now are you telling that there are no abrogated verses in the Bible despite the fact that Jesus said that he didnt come to annul.

2. What Gospel are you referring to, Mathew, MARK, lUKE, John, Acts, James etc.

Sister, I have had enough, am backing out because I have learnt that you have never answered the question(s) posed at you, rather you resort to lifting from chowdry, silas etc. I want to be committed to Islamic threads, learning about my faiths etc and leave you to your disbelief but if you need my attention, I will be eager to assist.

Peace
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by LoveKing(m): 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2007
@babs and y'all

why you guys diversifying from issue? Islam in not involved in the context of things here so stop yapping about islam
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 25, 2007
my dear,he's only making mouth on nairaland.
Let him go to Iran or Iraq and see if the shittes (fellow Muslims) won't turn him into suya right there in a mosque as he's face down,bottoms up and he's here talking about a book he knows nada about.
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 25, 2007
babs787:

Sister, I have had enough, am backing out because I have learnt that you have never answered the question(s) posed at you, rather you resort to lifting from chowdry, silas etc. I want to be committed to Islamic threads, learning about my faiths etc and leave you to your disbelief but if you need my attention, I will be eager to assist.

grin grin I love the subtle way you decided to acknowledge defeat. I am of the belief you never fully recovered since mo's many blatant lies, contradictions and the scientific illiteracy of the quran was exposed when you can blabbing about Mo's "miracle" of the iris falling down the cheek!
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by babs787(m): 10:43am On Apr 26, 2007
@davidylan

I love the subtle way you decided to acknowledge defeat. I am of the belief you never fully recovered since mo's many blatant lies, contradictions and the scientific illiteracy of the quran was exposed when you can blabbing about Mo's "miracle" of the iris falling down the cheek!

My brother. I am not backing out cos of defeat but just for the fact that, it has been established that the bible in incomplete. So I dont need to be dragging irrelevant issues with you and your sister again grin grin grin. Besides, I dont want to go off topic because you have been known for that. When you have enough evidence to give me that your bible is complete, then I will respond.

Good day  cheesy cheesy
Re: Is The Bible Complete? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 26, 2007
babs787:

My brother. I am not backing out because of defeat but just for the fact that, it has been established that the bible in incomplete. So I don't need to be dragging irrelevant issues with you and your sister again grin grin grin. Besides, I don't want to go off topic because you have been known for that. When you have enough evidence to give me that your bible is complete, then I will respond.

Good day  cheesy cheesy

you are a disgusting hypocrite. Keep hoping from thread to thread. If this is really about the completeness of the bible i wonder why you ran away from threads that clearly prove the incompleteness of the quran.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

On Demonic Afflictions / Audio Messages / Best Of The Best Of Gospel Reggae Music For Spiritual Upliftment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.