Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:01 AM

What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars (4306 Views)

I Dont Know Wat To Think Of My Girlfriend ADVICE NEEDED (pic Evidence) / Some Times I Think Of How Easy It Would Be To Just End It All / Ways To Make Ur Husband Happy & Think Of You Always (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by thweraja10: 11:47am On Jun 25, 2010
executive beggars are people that dress like every other humans, they are found in every corners of life expecially at the bus stops. They will come to you that needed transport to somewhere, or that their bag have been snached. They come with different format. They dont have a job thats their source of income.
One of them came to my office last week that he needed transport to Iyana Ipaja that his wallet was snached from him at Ikeja. So i gave him 500 only for me to see the same guy yesterday still telling me that same old story. I got annoyed and i told him if he does not go away i will embarrass him.
Does that mean that there is no job out there for him or he is just been lazy. COs he speeks english fluently.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by kehneah: 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2010
they are following them from ouse, lol.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Fhemmmy: 1:10pm On Jun 25, 2010
It is very sad.
Some of them are just pure lazy, they dont wanna do hard labor jobs, else, they could go to some construction site to work for the day and get paid.

Everyone wanna wear suit and tie
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Spyker: 1:33pm On Jun 25, 2010
Apart from those you described as Executive beggars, there are others who are supposed to be on that lost. Security men at Banks (those that wear funny looking uniforms), Police men, Pump attendants at Fuel Stations, in short i get very irritated when this particular class of people beg knowing that they are gainfully employed and engaged.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by atunkeade: 2:20pm On Jun 25, 2010
One grain of beans spoil the other. some of them are not beggar but wen dey stranded, dey don't hav option dan to beg. but most of them are doing do 2 their laziness.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by thweraja10: 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2010
[/quote]One grain of beans spoil the other. some of them are not beggar but wen dey stranded, dey don't hav option dan to beg. but most of them are doing do 2 their laziness.[quote]

You are right but most of the time these guys are just faking that it happened to them
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by whiteroses(f): 11:19pm On Jun 25, 2010
and they are very scary, one came to me at answani market looking really faint its questionable if he has an illness, i wasn't expecting him to talk to me, he says auntie ebin pami ejo e shaanu mi shocked i handed him all my money about N800 i had  to call my sister to come pick me up, my sister said i be ode but she doesnt understand how shocked i was she still thinks i got scammed
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by agabaI23(m): 1:09pm On Jul 01, 2010
I was once in a bus(interstate) and a girl(stranger)asked me to help pay her fare. I looked at her and knew she was not faking. Well dressed and sekzy. I did that for her. When we got down at the terminal, she was looking at me expecting that I would ask for a phone number. I just paid for her okada and that was it. I knew she was stranded.

Not every executive beggar is begging.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Kenyy(f): 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2010
Everybody is a beggar. President Jonathan of Nigeria going to beg foreign investors to invest in Nigeria where no one can boast of one hour constant electricity is a beggar. Chief James Ibori, Mrs Farida Waziri, etc. are all beggars.
IBB, after morgaging the future of Nigeria and still trying to become president is a beggar.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Acidosis(m): 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2010
The Bankers beg us to deposit our cash
Tuface, MI, PSquare: they all in one form or the other begged us to buy their album.
The Journalist beg us to place our advert on their papers and t.v screen.
Except for nairaland in which no one beg us, all other professionals  are beggars.
Kenyy:

Everybody is a beggar. President Jonathan of Nigeria going to beg foreign investors to invest in Nigeria where no one can boast of one hour constant electricity is a beggar. Chief James Ibori, Mrs Farida Waziri, etc. are all beggars.
IBB, after morgaging the future of Nigeria and still trying to become president is a beggar.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2010
agabaI23:

I was once in a bus(interstate) and a girl(stranger)asked me to help pay her fare. I looked at her and knew she was not faking. Well dressed and sekzy. I did that for her. When we got down at the terminal, she was looking at me expecting that I would ask for a phone number. I just paid for her okada and that was it. I knew she was stranded.

Not every executive beggar is begging.
wow! , dats impressive.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by agabaI23(m): 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2010
camelot:

wow! , dats impressive.
Not really! I was only obeying my parents who warned that I should never take advantage of the needy! grin grin
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by otokx(m): 1:40pm On Jul 01, 2010
Greed induced laziness
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Ultrame(m): 1:43pm On Jul 01, 2010
Its very annoying. Seriously!

I had a run in with one of them at the Benin-city airport. This guy was well dressed, he even had a newspaper and a pack of juice! he walked up to me and said he needed 500 naira (BTW he didn't say what for). I said i don't have and he said OK, 200 naira will do. i got so pissed and i just shook my head in pity and walked away from him. A few glances back and i saw him 'attacking' other people as well.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by swoosh(m): 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2010
Its easy to deal with these guys: If you are at the bus stop and they want money for a bus to Ikeja- tell them you are also going to Ikeja & you will pay their fare; or tell them your car is parked somewhere and you'd give them a ride. Trust me they will disappear smiley
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by VALIDATOR: 1:59pm On Jul 01, 2010
I used to meet a guy with jerry curled hair.He operated inside commercial danfo buses.He usually said he was going for an interview and needed some cash to augment his fair.It turned out to be that he attended "interview" for years.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by harrybaker: 2:11pm On Jul 01, 2010
I have been in this situation before a couple of time in Lagos, I finished with 2:1, top of my class but in the process of searching for job, had to beg for fare a couple of times. Today I thank God, I had worked with UAC, Intercontinental Bank, Chevron, Vodafone UK, BSkyB UK, etc.

Some of them may actually need help because I have been there!!!

Please help if you can and always ask God to guide you.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by spikedcylinder: 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2010
Reminds me of that Tunde and Wunmi Obe video. cheesy
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by DejiYesufu(m): 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2010
Begging is good business in this clime.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Seggii: 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2010
angry
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by oisehumen(m): 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2010
VALIDATOR:

I used to meet a guy with jerry curled hair.He operated inside commercial danfo buses.He usually said he was going for an interview and needed some cash to augment his fair.It turned out to be that he attended "interview" for years.

You guys won't kill somebody with laughter one day cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by sim1050: 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2010
[center]www.greatbooks.350.com[/center]
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by kokoye(m): 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2010
harrybaker:

I have been in this situation before a couple of time in Lagos, I finished with 2:1, top of my class but in the process of searching for job, had to beg for fare a couple of times. Today I thank God, I had worked with UAC, Intercontinental Bank, Chevron, Vodafone UK, BSkyB UK, etc.

Some of them may actually need help because I have been there!!!

Please help if you can and always ask God to guide you.

Unfortunately the bad eggs have discouraged willing helpers. I have been robbed at CMS bus stop (at knife point) by the same person I was trying to help.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by chuqudy(m): 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2010
They are the keepers of the word. Have you forgotten "ask and you shall recieve"
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by Mcaudrey: 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2010
Those Idiots asked my guy for 3k one sunday afternoon at GRA junction and he gave it to them. I felt so bad but decided to keep quiet for peace sake.

If they try it again and he attempts to head for his packet, Yawa go gass.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by denony(m): 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2010
i use to render help to these kind of people, but when i realised they've turned it into business
i decided never to give even to they that really needs it.

could u imagine i entered a bank, and a guy, young and healthy walk up to me   telling me stories that he is a student and wants to make payment for school something but the money with him is not sufficient, and  that the payment is closing  today, that if he fail to pay it today he will have to wait for another semester, and will not attend the lectures.

my mind told me he is one of them, i kindly told him the only money with me is for payment.
he now walk up to another person. when i got home i narrated this episode to my cousin, who laughed and told me he met the same person in the same bank two day before mine. he described the person and its exactly that guy.

that he has seen that guy in three different banks, so tell me will u render help to these kind of people?
What could actually be their problem, young guys, healthy and well dressed. Even in comercial buses they tell you they are going for interview or coming back from interview, or just started working and  never receive first salary. They  tell you all kinds of cock and bull stories.

I can only help people i know really well the little i can, to avoid using my help to buy problems.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by TMemos: 3:35pm On Jul 01, 2010
If you are accosted by any of them who says he/she is in need of transport fare at a bus stop, and you can afford it, simply offer to pay his/her fare directly to the bus conductor only if he/she boards the vehicle.
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by mjay(m): 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2010
camelot:

wow! , dats impressive.
agabaI23:

Not really! I was only obeying my parents who warned that I should never take advantage of the needy! grin grin

That's even more impressive!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by aieromon(m): 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2010
I've had encounters with two of them - details shortly!
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by rayance: 6:13pm On Jul 01, 2010
WHY MUST MR BIGGS EMPLOY BEGGARS TO OPEN DOORS FOR PEEPS, just curious!

those Mr biggs boys have a way of making u feel guilty if u dont wanna give
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by yme1(f): 6:15pm On Jul 01, 2010
some will make you wanna spend all you gat at that point undecided and they have gat me on several occasion too
but look on the bright side GIVERS NEVER LACK wink
Re: What Do You Think Of Executive Beggars by thweraja10: 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2010
Executive Begging is now a Big business in Nigeria, its high time it stops

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

At What Age Should A Young Man Leave The Parent House And Become Independent? / African Father Backing His Child At Heathrow Airport, London / Caught Between Mother's Wish And Her Sibblings Want.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.