Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy (7396 Views)

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? / Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by geniuscity: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2010
Osaze is just a fool. He should do his talking in the field of play. He was useless at the world cup. Talks too much. Complained about SIASIA, AMODU, LAGERBACK, AND NOW KANU. PEOPLE LOOK BRIGHT UNTIL THEY SPEAK.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by davidif: 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2010
WHEN PEOPLE LOSE, THEY ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY TO BLAME. OSAZE NEEDS TO SHUT UP, THE ONLY THING HE KNOWS HOW TO DO IS RUN AROUND LIKE A HEADLESS CHICKEN BUT UNFORTUNATELY, NIGERIANS CONFUSE IT WITH DEDICATION, COMMITTMENT AND HARD WORK.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by 9jafreak: 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2010
[size=13pt]Too little too late perhaps

But he sure has the right to speak.

Things weren't going well for sure between Osaz and Lars --- clearly an attitude problem.

That explains his woeful performance --- his passion clearly missing!

But Osaz, unlike most of them lads, STILL has a place even in a NEW-LOOK Eagles!
[/size]

For one, the ONLY Nigerian player, whose REAL AGE is KNOWN! LMAO grin grin grin
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by misterh(m): 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2010
There are lots of things that are wrong with the SE.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by maxwizzy(m): 6:02pm On Jun 26, 2010
make these nff bastards 4k offf!! osaze is the best player in naija!! instead make them 4k yakubu up. fooooolzzzz
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by CarlosVent(m): 6:24pm On Jun 26, 2010
all of dem needs to be disband
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Princek12(m): 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2010
Iceugwa:

Osazee pls respect your elder. Its a norm in this part of the world

Another rubbish Nigerian mentality. So when did speaking your opinion (albeit inconsistent with that of your elders) become disrespecting your elders. The more Nigerians share your mentality, the less we are going to progress, for it simply silences the valuable opinions of young people, all because they should "respect" their elders.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Rmc1(m): 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2010
Bla, bla, bla when last did osazee score a goal for the super eagles ? Somebody remind me please.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Kratos007(m): 8:18pm On Jun 26, 2010
legzyrals:

Pls i will be very happy to get osaze's contact to put a call through to him to let him know that he is a fool, instead of him to start praying to be like kanu or more than him, he is dere making mouth he is not even good for rajaraja( people dat buy and sell dogs). he is a big fool

retard
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by marvix(m): 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2010
Osazee has every right to be frustrated he expected a better outing so now he can complain, the few minutes he played at the mundial I felt his impact and wouldnt lie about it just because we left at the group stage, even Italy and France had to leave at the group stage too.

The eagles at the Wcup was better than the eagles at d nations cup, kudos for that should go to Lager-beer.

I cant remeber the last time the eagles played any standard opponet and created chances taht idiots like yakubu could go away frittering, their play was better, Osazee maybe expected Lagerbac to have dropped Yakubu for Martins and allow him (Osazee) more play time.

Be that as it may I was disappointed in the eagles I know because I didnt expect them to have held Argentina as they did and their brand of football at the tournament had class and showed a lot of teamwork but individual brillance and commitment was lackin.

But WTF its only a game!!! one side must win and another lose, and for the side that loses there has to be an explanation for losing.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by samnaija: 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2010
pls someone should tell this ass 2 shut up, always passin blames on other people. meanwhile all of u guys stink 2 hell, no 1 single good player
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by 12large: 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2010
look at this mumu called marvix a coach is paid 300million naira, nigeria takes last in groups with greece and korea and the useless son of a cow says they played better than the team in nations cup
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Jencejyde(m): 9:49pm On Jun 26, 2010
12large:

look at this mumu called marvix a coach is paid 300million naira, nigeria takes last in groups with greece and korea and the useless son of a cow says they played better than the team in nations cup
You are calling someone mumu, what does a dull brain like you know?
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by ladej(m): 1:13am On Jun 27, 2010
blame game never solved any problems, instead it hides solutions. i wont dwell on this topic as a lot of you have eloquently voiced a few of my thoughts. in my opinion the only player who can talk out of the whole squad is VINCENT EYEAMA. every other player was crap, and it reflects our total football mentality at the moment. NFF shoulders a huge responsibility of marshalling the troops. kanu is gone now. what/who next
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Ibime(m): 2:05am On Jun 27, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

^Ibime

S T F U !  Who gives a f.ck what Osaze says ?

I know you have red eye for Osaze no be today. . . . I thunk he must have stole your chick way back. . . . imagine a punk who is quick to praise Yakubu, yet always hating on Osaze?. . . . This must be personal!!!  grin grin grin

Now back to the topic @ hand. . . . is Kanu the king of corruption in Super Eagles? YES!

What else explains his presence in the squad for the last 6 years?

What explains the fact that Kanu has never said pim to the press about the lack of continuity and clear thinking in NFF approach to Super Eagles?

Soon as any player joins Super Eagles, Kanu is quick to teach that player about the old style of business in the Super Eagles. Kanu is nothing but a selfish survivalist who acts as an agent of his NFF patrons! He is happy not to rock the boat as long as his old tired legs were accomodated in the Super Eagles.

We had a vision of what we could achieve in Beijing 2008 if we only give the young legs a chance. The old cartel are resistant to such change because it would render them redundant. To this end, Kanu continues to play the perfect puppet for his NFF puppetmasters. It is these kind of things that makes honest players like Odemwingie explode with frustration.

We need more outspoken players like Oliseh, Odemwingie.

We need more managers like SiaSia.

We dont need the likes of Kanu, Ogunjobi, Lulu, Eguavoen, Amokachi and the rest of the corrupt bedfellows!

To hell with Kanu!!!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Robotnik: 3:33am On Jun 27, 2010
I don't know why people are blaming Osaze, I know it is unfair to blame his coach, but this was a guy that honoured all the invitations during the qualifiers and made sure the team progressed only for Lagerback to replace him with absentees.
Osaze ride on, but it will be unfair to blame kanu, I don't think he his in a position to step on any shoes, just let him retire peacefully.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Builder: 8:37am On Jun 27, 2010
SERIOUSLY SPEAKING. THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST STORY WRITE-UP I HAVE EVER READ IN ANY PUBLICATION, ITS CLEAR THAT THE WRITER OR THE FOOL IS JUST TRYING TO MAKE OSAZE LOOK STUPID AND IM SURPRISED MY FELLOW NIGERIANS ARE BLAMING OSAZE FOR WHAT HE DIDNT SAY, HAVING WATCH OSAZE PLAYED FOR NIGERIA, HE ALWAYS GIVES HIS 100% IN ANY GAME WITHOUT COMPLAINING AND ALWAYS AVAILABLE FOR CALL-UPS, SO WHY THIS USELESS PEOPLE WANT TO MAKE A FOOL OF HIM IS SOMETHING I FIND HARD TO UNDERSTAND, ITS A SHAME ITS TOO LATE FOR OSAZE TO CHANGE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN, I BET WITH ALL THIS LIES WRITTEN ABOUT HIM, HE WILL BE REGRETING WHY HE IS PLAY FOR A COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by member479760: 10:24am On Jun 27, 2010
What good can we do alone as black people in this world?
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by manneger(m): 10:32am On Jun 27, 2010
if prayers wins match nigeria will be winning all their matches because they pray 4 times in a match while others 2. osaze u should not complain cos all of u messed up except enyema. but i think lagerback should be take the highest blame 4 continuing to play a pregnant mother as a striker. yakubu is a disgrace

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 27, 2010
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Codedclue(m): 12:43pm On Jun 27, 2010
[color=#990000][/color] tongue
@Builder you are a fool.He shud regret now! Dont u know we have 2 much players already? Osaze is just showing is really colours.Where was he in d match against kenya ? Why is martins who single handedly gave us d ticket not complaining? God punish Osaze.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by damilola15: 1:20pm On Jun 27, 2010
When you get idiots who have their names at the back of our newspapers to play, what do you expect.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by dontonny(m): 2:34pm On Jun 27, 2010
If i get you right, are you saying that we should blame Kanu for our downfalls in this 2010 world cup?, i don't get it.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Stynxz: 10:31pm On Jun 27, 2010
[b]You are all dancing to the tune of NFF and the Media. You are all responding exactly how they want you to because they know your strong affection for the game of soccer. The NFF doesn't want to accept responsibilty and the Media is interested in making money from any story they can set up. This leaves me with this question: who is being fooled? The fans? The Public? The Media? WHO EXACTLY is dancing to their tunes? {food for thought}

NFF wants us to blame players, coach and technical advisers and we are falling for it. Hw prepared was Nigeria in the first place? The handwriting on the wall was very clear. If they are smart, they should accept the failure and use the next 1 year to scout for the best raw talents round the country. 2nd year to groom and make them a team. 3rd year to expose them with international friendlies. 4th year to prepare to WIN(not participate) for the next world cup.

Please stop all the complains, accept failure, learn from it and move forward by planning better this time for success. EOD!
[/b]
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by BILLIONs1: 2:45am On Jun 28, 2010
I think qualification/performance at international competitions should not only be tied to the coaches and team managers, but also the thieving NFA officials and possibly the minister for sports.

In essence poor performance at international outings should threaten the jobs of the coach, top NFA officials (including the chairman), and possibly the Minister for sports.

The problem with this country is there are no enforceable consequences for misconduct and failure. Hence nobody is accountable for anything.

In a situation where NFA officials would be negotiating their "own cut" inside the contract of the coach is appauling, and hence settle for a substandard coach if he agrees to their currupt terms.

For an outing where National pride is at stake at the highest level, and NFA continue with their curruption and politics, it is a really sad case.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by favouredjb(f): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2010
its good ozaze is saying his mind,but he should be careful,seems like he like shifting blames on ppl.

seriously imho,i dont think kanu should have bin part of the SE for this tournament
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by favouredjb(f): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2010
he likes rather
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by bisiaet: 9:57am On Jun 28, 2010
All these talks is no longer relevant now damn too late and of no important.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by tkb417(m): 11:07am On Jun 28, 2010
osaze and his PR works?

he is a footballer and not some activist

he shd leave activism for Asari and co

let him play good football on d field; how did Kanus unfaithfulness to the team affect the quality of his output?

i think he has a brain that works in negative integers
he shd shut up
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by enomakos(m): 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2010
this guy complains alots
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Blazing99: 2:57pm On Jun 28, 2010
Osaze woke up one morning and suddenly believes he's one of the best players in Nigeria and he get mouth pass other players including coach. This guy who could be a potential captain would end up finding himself excluded from the national team.

If he gets excluded I bet you he won't be missed.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Meldrick(m): 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2010
But why has Osaze suddenly become a talkative. He feels he has a wide mouth. This same fellow was included by Siasia in one of those past competitions blasted Siasia that he was not good enough. He also faulted Lagerback on his coaching style now he is facing Kanu. I bet this dude will surely end the way of Oliseh. The Super Eagles is not an Aluta ground and besides he must shut his dirty mouth cos he was very unimpressive during the world cup and he kept shifing blames.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. / I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! / Paul Pogba Look Alike Sighted In Sabo,abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.