Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

NFF & Super Eagles: The Next Step: - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF & Super Eagles: The Next Step: (561 Views)

Super Eagles - The Way Forward / Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NFF & Super Eagles: The Next Step: by Stynxz: 2:30pm On Jun 26, 2010
[b]Why are u all saying they messed up as if it was a surprise. Success happens when preparation meets with opportunity. We are all complaining about the players because the real BAD HEADS(NFF) is presenting it to us that way.  NFF enjoys it when fans, players, coaches and tech advisers battle themselves out because they will be taken out of the picture as the real cause of the problem. To kill an unproductive tree, you have to do it from the root and not the leaves. Nigeria doesn't lack players whether home or abroad, it is how the players are harnessed that we lack.

Before the world cup, i had doubts that Nigeria will go far because preparation and squad was rubbish, what do u expect the new coach to do? is he a magician? I am pretty sure they'll soon be talking of sacking the coach as if he was the problem.

The truth is that, NFF itself is blinded by it's own politics of profiteering and greed that they feel to see the glory of raising in actuality, the best players Nigeria has and then using them to win tournaments not participating. if they do that who will eventually make money and take the credit? But the greed for it now, is killing the satisfaction that can be derived from the numerous benefits of having the best team and winning a lot of cups.

The reason westaholf was successful was that he could go directly to the military head of state and bypass the then NFA politics so they can never allow him back and if at all they do, they will use the present democracy bureaucracy to kill his efforts.

So what then can we all do? i really don't know but this is what i am thinking in my mind right now;

If we can advocate for an NFF cabinet that believes in the Nigerian pride(i use pride because i don't think Nigeria has a dream yet) it will affect the kind of decisions they will settle for. The question i ask myself everyday is that, the players we have been using so far in Supper Eagles, are they the best Nigeria has to offer? if No then what is NFF doing to scout for the best raw talents and transform them into a world-class team with no rivals?

Would be wrong for NFF to have a PLAN?

If they are smart, they should accept the failure and use the next 1 year to scout for the best raw talents round the country. 2nd year to groom and make them a team. 3rd year to expose them with international friendlies. 4th year to prepare to WIN(not participate) for the next world cup.

So many things dey to talk my people but make we leave am for here jare. Na only God fit help us for the situation wen we dey o!

Cheers![/b]

(1) (Reply)

Kanu Denies Report / Should The Present Super Eagles Be Disbanded? / Amodu Serves Nff Disengagement Notice, Claims Over N22m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.