Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? (33860 Views)

During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? / Which State Pays Corpers The Highest Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by boomii(f): 3:00pm On Jun 27, 2010
Served in Cross-river,2008-2009 batch c in General Hospital Akamkpa. The one year was a big joke.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by bigfoot79(m): 4:06pm On Jun 27, 2010
2008/09 batch B stream 2
DAMASK in Mobbar local govt of Bornu state. Full dessert town, at the very upper most right angle of the Nigerian map, we could stroll to Niger republic, Cameroun and Chad.
It was a beautiful imprisonment .
I enjoyed it though and every single soul in the village knew me or heard about me. They used to call me barrister Kay as they have never seen a real life lawyer before. But all the students wanted to become lawyers

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by CarlosVent(m): 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2010
AT carlosventures.com
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by cheguvera(f): 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2010
served in oredo l.g.a of benin city. 2006/2007 batch b. camp was terrible. hated waking up early to do drills under d rain. couldnt wait for it to be ova. but service itself was fun. made some rily good friends

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by egokanwa(f): 5:21pm On Jun 27, 2010
I served in Rivers State in Obio/Akpor LG Council. 2006/2007 Batch A set. I was the CLO during my time. P.H was fun. I really enjoyed my stay in NOWA Gbam Tai orientation camp.(Platoon 6)
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Stallion84(m): 5:30pm On Jun 27, 2010
Me? i served in Hell fire now, shocked, well what can i say?? from my area to hell fire was 30 naira bike and 10 for bus.
what else would u say if u serve in a remote area of Yobe state? grin. i rem we consoled ourselves by calling YOBE "Year Of Beautiful Experience" grin grin
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by omohwunmmy: 5:45pm On Jun 27, 2010
Lasgidi 09a. Orientation camp was d best! Service year was equal dose of fun and stress.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by obongtunji: 5:52pm On Jun 27, 2010
i served in the most beautiful city in nigeria calabar. bacth a of 2006/2007.it was a nice experience.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Donstan1: 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2010
The national cal is stl on here in okrika rivers state on my side. BATCH C 2009.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Elpieda: 6:34pm On Jun 27, 2010
Served in Yobe state, Fika Camp for about 3 months with a school (I cannot remember the name) and redeployed to Lagos and served with an accounting firm to complete it, Year 2007
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Kaffs(f): 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2010
still servin in abj nd havin fun. ppl shld talk abt experiences
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by pabdge: 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2010
Zuru ,Kebbi state.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Bisowo(f): 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2010
BizBooks:

In the early 90s, serving in Lagos was the "in thing". So getting posted to Lagos was near impossible. A first year guy came to us and said "give me your names if you want to serve in Lagos". Everybody laughed. But some of us including myself decided to give him a try.

When the list came out - surprise, surprise - we were all posted to Lagos. Camp was at Iyana Ipaje. Everything was fine except the soldiers waking everybody up at 5 am with all sorts of noise making instruments.

The above bolded was very true. However yours truly got posted to Lagos without the usual back-door influencing of postings which characterised that era. Served with Lagos City Computer Computer, Ikeja, Lagos. As a result of overcrowding at the Ipaja, Lagos camp ground, was posted to Kubwa Camp in Abuja for my orientation. T'was a memorable experience for me, but hated some of the early morning rigorous exercise and sharing of bathrooms with scores of other girls. Couldn't just wait for it all to be over.

ser
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by dodoye78(f): 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2010
Nice Topic, i served in Ibadan, Oyo State- 2003/2004 batch B. I was teaching at Anwar-ul-isam grammar school, Eleyele. It was quite an experience, had fun.mmm
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by pat077: 8:04pm On Jun 27, 2010
Waiting 4 call-up
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by hammer07: 8:30pm On Jun 27, 2010
2006/2007 Edo state

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by sirp2007: 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2010
lessel,ushongo lga,benue state 2000/2001 batch A.i was d C L O.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Chiuba: 8:52pm On Jun 27, 2010
I served in Akwa Ibom State capital(Uyo),2009/2010 batch B.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by iukpe: 9:05pm On Jun 27, 2010
served in 1993/94 at yikpata kwara state. name is imo ukpe, radio yikpata. wonder if that small fm station still exists. i miss all the people i met during service. i know ifeoma ekwezie is in ph.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Remii(m): 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2010
1990/91 Rivers State, was in last platoon, Platoon 20 nicknamed Ecomog platoon as it was the last and all late comers dumped there, have of them without complete gears. OAU grads almost missed camp that year we got call up letters 3 days to the end of orientation. The Camp was the last in RSUST inside town and fun was much. Spent the whole N150 bicycle allowance on suya, lol
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:54pm On Jun 27, 2010
Us wey nor go school talkless of serving, God go helep us grin grin
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by kshow1(m): 10:03pm On Jun 27, 2010
First set of corpers in Ebonyi state (98/99 Batch A). Served in one of the states ministries and it was a memorable year.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Damole: 10:53pm On Jun 27, 2010
Served in Cross Rivers State 2007/2008 batch B. Obubra ( orientation camp) was a mixed feeling with captain MTN breathing down our necks. the Toilets and bathroom were nothing to write home about. Was assigned to a Govt agency in Calabar, the Calabar carnival was also da bomb. looking forward to going back for hols any time soon.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by uglyBetty1(f): 11:02pm On Jun 27, 2010
Served in Taraba State, Jalingo precisely, Ministry of Justice.2005/2006 batch A
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Jaytee67(m): 11:41pm On Jun 27, 2010
I was a coal corper. Served in the then newly created Enugu State in 1992/93 service year. We enjoyed an 100% increment in "Alawi" then from N350 per month to N700 and were very glad serving our fatherland!
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by donchez(m): 1:09am On Jun 28, 2010
kumbotso local government area, kano state,2006/2008
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Einstein(m): 4:16am On Jun 28, 2010
What is the usefulness of this thread?
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by oseiwe(m): 6:33am On Jun 28, 2010
serving in warri south LG. Batch A 2010.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by http(m): 6:50am On Jun 28, 2010
I notice all of una wey talk say "it was a sweet, amazing or fucking experience, i know wetin all of you pple did, done, and still have the fucking gurt to open mouth, sorry open hand dey type am, 2 fucking gbosa 4 you all.

Anyway, i Thank God, I serve in Zamfara, Bungudu LGA. It was a fucking experience too; in my own way.

Most of the places una dey serve, i've served there too. especially in Karim Lamido after Lau LGA.

The following places i have served there according to state.

Abia close to Ohafia

Enugu in Udi, Nsukka, obolo, Nkpologu

Ebonyi Ezzangbo, Nkalagu, Effium, Ugbala, Ngba along that only road like look like a u-turn.

Benue that one plenty: Otukpo, Otukpa, Gboko, Katsina-ala, Zakibiam, Aliade, Igbor, Shangev-tiev, Abakpa, Tor-Donga, Ochobo etc

Akwa-Ibom: Etinan, Eket, Ikot-Abasi, Abak, Ikot-Ubo, Azumini, Ikot-ekpene, Itu, and Uyo main town.

Nassarawa: Keffi to loko, yelwa, mada, Gitata, Panda and that Yoruba Military Barrack; chei i don forget where dem beat me, anyway along Jos road.

Taraba: Jalingo, Tafida, Ibi (no road town where R-Benue pass, Karim-lamido, Lau, Junleri, Lankoviri, Bambuka etc.

Plateau: Ikputu, Shendam, Zamko, Amper, Langtang, Pankshin, Panyam, Bembem, Jimiya, Fuskam mata, Bukuru, Mangu, Kassa etc

Adamawa: Ganye, Jimeta, Jiberu, Mubi, Uba, Michika, Mayo bani, Bazza, Shelleng, Numan etc.

Gombe: Duku, Jamari, Nafada along Potiskhum rd, Bajoga, Tula, Filiya; the road to Karim-Lamido, Garko etc.

Bauchi: Ho! my favourite state, Dass, Darazo, Gabarin, Kari, Misau, Azare, Udubo, Katagum, Bara, Alkalere, Wikki etc

Borno: Askira, Balala, Biu, Miringa, yelwa, Burma, Shani, Badir, Damboa, Bama, Gwoza, Madagali, Kunduga, Magumeri, Gubio, Zari, Damasak up to
Dusi where the border is to Niger republic, If u want pics i'll give u all.

Yobe: Potiskhum, Damaturu, Ngelzama, Zoro, Nangere, Dapchi, Gashua, Nguru, Machina-the border town to Niger-Republic.

Jigawa: Hadeija my cool town, Mallammaduri, Gumel, Ringim, Kazaure-the road to Daura in Katsina etc.

Anambra: Igbo kwenu! Okija shrine, Onitsha, Nnewi, ihiala, uli, electronic market.

Imo: my main town, Owerri, Umuduru, Etiti, Orlu, Ihuo, Obaku, and my favorite hotel

Delta: Warri, Ughelli, Oleh, Ozoro, Ashaka, Burutu, Forcados, Evremi, Abbi, kwale, Onicha, Ekuku-Agbor, Isele-uku, Asaba, Umunede, Ete-uromi,
Bojiboji Ogwashuku, Ibusa etc.

Edo: Oluku, Odigbi, Uyere, Igbogor, Orah, Siluko, sapoba, Obiaruku, Idokpa, ewohinmi, Ebelle, Ekpon, Igueden, Ehor, Irrua, Sabongida-ora, Ozalla
where young girls naked for festival, Ekpoma---yeee! gun, Agenebode etc.

Ekiti: Effon-alaye, ikole, ikere, ilawe, igede, ishan, Ise, Emure, Aiyede, Oye--election rigger, Omuo etc

Ondo: Idanre, Igbatoro, igbokoda, aiyetoro, Omisore, Ifetedo, Owena, Ofos, Ore,Okitipupa, Ajilete, Mahin, Ile-oluji, Owo, Idoani, Akungba, Ikare, Ifon

Oyo: Kute, Ibadan, Fiditi, Lanlate, Iseyin, Igangan, Ofiki, Ago-are, Ikoyo, Ogbomoso, Tafon, Sapeteri, Shaki, Wasinmi, Ilero, Ado-awaye, Ogbontosa.

Ogun: Oni, Omu, Odeda, Owode, olorunda, Ajebo, Iperu, Ijebus, Odogbolu, Shagamu, Alakuko, Waterside, Otta, Ifo, Oja-Odan, Imeko, Oke-odan etc.

Osun: Ede, Inisa, Ibokun, Ilesha, Ife, Ifewara, Ejigbo,Iwo, Odeomu, Ifetedo, Ipetuijesha, Oke-Imesi, Ila, Ikirun, Ilobu, Okuku, Osi etc.

Kwara: Ilorin, Offa, Ajasse, Omuaran, Petegi, Lafiaji, Shonga, Jebba, Bode-shadu etc.

Niger: Mokwa, Bida, Lemu, Wushishi, Minna,Gwada, Zungeru, Gunni, New-bussa, Pizhi, faje, Kabchi, Kontagora, Bari, Tegina, Zente, Rijau, Sarkipawa.

Kebbi: Bin-yauri, yelwa, Bagudo, Tunga-Ilela, Zaga, Jega, Birnikebbi, Masama, Argungu, Tambawel, Allero, Kamba, Zuru, Kandu, Marafa, Ribah etc.

Kano: Kano city, Wudil, Tudunwada, kibiya, Garko, Gaya, Kachako, Ajingi, Danbatta, Kabo, Gwarzo, Albasu or sometging like it etc.

Kaduna: Birni-gwarri, Ganga, Buruku, Rigacikun, Kachia, Kafanchan, Gimi, Iya-tawa, Pambeguwa,Dutsan-wai, Zaria, Lere, Doka,Ribako etc.

Katsina: Shinkafi, Yashi, Daura, Hunkuyi, Palgore, Funtua, Karfi, Faskari etc.

Zamfara: my primary assignment state before i started deploying myself round naija: Gusau, Bungudu, Maru, Talata-mafara, Bakura, Birni-magaji,
Kaura-namoda, Zurmi, Gunmi, Tsafe-Orientation camp, Maradun, Anka, Moriki, Shinkafi, Mada, Langalanga etc.

Sokoto: Sokoto, Illela, Goronyo, Kurawa, Wamako, Jabo, Rabah, Ganji, Malamawa, Yerimawa, Rafin-kudu, Sanyinan-daja etc.

Kogi: Lokoja, Ajaokuta, Ososo, Okene, Kabba, Mopa, Isanlu-esa, Koton-Karfi, Ikebe, Idah, Idibo, Eganyi etc.

Cross-River: Calabar, Uwet, Ugep, Nko, Obubra, Ikom, Nkomfap, Ogoja, Okuku, Akpakpa, Obudu, Otuk etc.

Bayelsa: Yenagoa, Amasoma, Furupa, Peniton-Island(Ezetu), Mbiama, Ayebabiri too much water i run comot.

Rivers: I have been to all the Rumus; Rumoula, Rumuokoro, Rumuigbo, Bori, Tabangh, Gokona, Ogoni, Degema, Ahoada, Obido, Abua, Opobo, Elele.

Please, dont say its a lie, cos i will tell u how to get there, either by water or road.

longlive http, grin
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by http(m): 6:51am On Jun 28, 2010
I notice all of una wey talk say "it was a sweet, amazing or fucking experience, i know wetin all of you pple did, done, and still have the fucking gurt to open mouth, sorry open hand dey type am, 2 fucking gbosa 4 you all.

Anyway, i Thank God, I serve in Zamfara, Bungudu LGA. It was a fucking experience too; in my own way.

Most of the places una dey serve, i've served there too. especially in Karim Lamido after Lau LGA.

Abia close to Ohafia

Ebonyi Ezzangbo, Nkalagu, Effium, Ugbala, Ngba along that only road like look like a u-turn.

Benue that one plenty: Otukpo, Otukpa, Gboko, Katsina-ala, Zakibiam, Aliade, Igbor, Shangev-tiev, Abakpa, Tor-Donga, Ochobo etc

Akwa-Ibom: Etinan, Eket, Ikot-Abasi, Abak, Ikot-Ubo, Azumini, Ikot-ekpene, Itu, and Uyo main town.

Nassarawa: Keffi to loko, yelwa, mada, Gitata, Panda and that Yoruba Military Barrack; chei i don forget where dem beat me, anyway along Jos road.

Taraba: Jalingo, Tafida, Ibi (no road town where R-Benue pass, Karim-lamido, Lau, Junleri, Lankoviri, Bambuka etc.

Plateau: Ikputu, Shendam, Zamko, Amper, Langtang, Pankshin, Panyam, Bembem, Jimiya, Fuskam mata, Bukuru, Mangu, Kassa etc

Adamawa: Ganye, Jimeta, Jiberu, Mubi, Uba, Michika, Mayo bani, Bazza, Shelleng, Numan etc.

Gombe: Duku, Jamari, Nafada along Potiskhum rd, Bajoga, Tula, Filiya; the road to Karim-Lamido, Garko etc.

Bauchi: Ho! my favourite state, Dass, Darazo, Gabarin, Kari, Misau, Azare, Udubo, Katagum, Bara, Alkalere, Wikki etc

Borno: Askira, Balala, Biu, Miringa, yelwa, Burma, Shani, Badir, Damboa, Bama, Gwoza, Madagali, Kunduga, Magumeri, Gubio, Zari, Damasak up to
Dusi where the border is to Niger republic, If u want pics i'll give u all.

Yobe: Potiskhum, Damaturu, Ngelzama, Zoro, Nangere, Dapchi, Gashua, Nguru, Machina-the border town to Niger-Republic.

Jigawa: Hadeija my cool town, Mallammaduri, Gumel, Ringim, Kazaure-the road to Daura in Katsina etc.

Anambra: Igbo kwenu! Okija shrine, Onitsha, Nnewi, ihiala, uli, electronic market.

Imo: my main town, Owerri, Umuduru, Etiti, Orlu, Ihuo, Obaku, and my favorite hotel

Delta: Warri, Ughelli, Oleh, Ozoro, Ashaka, Burutu, Forcados, Evremi, Abbi, kwale, Onicha, Ekuku-Agbor, Isele-uku, Asaba, Umunede, Ete-uromi,
Bojiboji Ogwashuku, Ibusa etc.

Edo: Oluku, Odigbi, Uyere, Igbogor, Orah, Siluko, sapoba, Obiaruku, Idokpa, ewohinmi, Ebelle, Ekpon, Igueden, Ehor, Irrua, Sabongida-ora, Ozalla
where young girls naked for festival, Ekpoma---yeee! gun, Agenebode etc.

Ekiti: Effon-alaye, ikole, ikere, ilawe, igede, ishan, Ise, Emure, Aiyede, Oye--election rigger, Omuo etc

Ondo: Idanre, Igbatoro, igbokoda, aiyetoro, Omisore, Ifetedo, Owena, Ofos, Ore,Okitipupa, Ajilete, Mahin, Ile-oluji, Owo, Idoani, Akungba, Ikare, Ifon

Oyo: Kute, Ibadan, Fiditi, Lanlate, Iseyin, Igangan, Ofiki, Ago-are, Ikoyo, Ogbomoso, Tafon, Sapeteri, Shaki, Wasinmi, Ilero, Ado-awaye, Ogbontosa.

Ogun: Oni, Omu, Odeda, Owode, olorunda, Ajebo, Iperu, Ijebus, Odogbolu, Shagamu, Alakuko, Waterside, Otta, Ifo, Oja-Odan, Imeko, Oke-odan etc.

Osun: Ede, Inisa, Ibokun, Ilesha, Ife, Ifewara, Ejigbo,Iwo, Odeomu, Ifetedo, Ipetuijesha, Oke-Imesi, Ila, Ikirun, Ilobu, Okuku, Osi etc.

Kwara: Ilorin, Offa, Ajasse, Omuaran, Petegi, Lafiaji, Shonga, Jebba, Bode-shadu etc.

Niger: Mokwa, Bida, Lemu, Wushishi, Minna,Gwada, Zungeru, Gunni, New-bussa, Pizhi, faje, Kabchi, Kontagora, Bari, Tegina, Zente, Rijau, Sarkipawa.

Kebbi: Bin-yauri, yelwa, Bagudo, Tunga-Ilela, Zaga, Jega, Birnikebbi, Masama, Argungu, Tambawel, Allero, Kamba, Zuru, Kandu, Marafa, Ribah etc.

Kano: Kano city, Wudil, Tudunwada, kibiya, Garko, Gaya, Kachako, Ajingi, Danbatta, Kabo, Gwarzo, Albasu or sometging like it etc.

Kaduna: Birni-gwarri, Ganga, Buruku, Rigacikun, Kachia, Kafanchan, Gimi, Iya-tawa, Pambeguwa,Dutsan-wai, Zaria, Lere, Doka,Ribako etc.

Katsina: Shinkafi, Yashi, Daura, Hunkuyi, Palgore, Funtua, Karfi, Faskari etc.

Zamfara: my primary assignment state before i started deploying myself round naija: Gusau, Bungudu, Maru, Talata-mafara, Bakura, Birni-magaji,
Kaura-namoda, Zurmi, Gunmi, Tsafe-Orientation camp, Maradun, Anka, Moriki, Shinkafi, Mada, Langalanga etc.

Sokoto: Sokoto, Illela, Goronyo, Kurawa, Wamako, Jabo, Rabah, Ganji, Malamawa, Yerimawa, Rafin-kudu, Sanyinan-daja etc.

Kogi: Lokoja, Ajaokuta, Ososo, Okene, Kabba, Mopa, Isanlu-esa, Koton-Karfi, Ikebe, Idah, Idibo, Eganyi etc.

Cross-River: Calabar, Uwet, Ugep, Nko, Obubra, Ikom, Nkomfap, Ogoja, Okuku, Akpakpa, Obudu, Otuk etc.

Bayelsa: Yenagoa, Amasoma, Furupa, Peniton-Island(Ezetu), Mbiama, Ayebabiri too much water i run comot.

Rivers: I have been to all the Rumus; Rumoula, Rumuokoro, Rumuigbo, Bori, Tabangh, Gokona, Ogoni, Degema, Ahoada, Obido, Abua, Opobo, Elele.

Please, dont say its a lie, cos i will tell u how to get there, either by water or road.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by http(m): 6:53am On Jun 28, 2010

Abia close to Ohafia

to be continue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Certificates Acquired During NYSC / Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB / Nysc 2013 Batch A And Jamb Reg. Number. How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.