Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,523 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? (33846 Views)

During Your Service Year, Did you Travel Home For The Yuletide? / Which State Pays Corpers The Highest Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 11, 2012
GUSAU still remain da best!! Wish 2b thr again if not 4d less privileged, uneducated "yaros" called boko-haram
damils: I served I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Zamfara state...Orientation Camp at Tsafe, PPA was at Zurmi...we call it Z of Z. Initially didn't like the place but currently wishing †☺ have a̶̲̥̅ revisit †☺ that place. Twasn't far from Niger Republic, we saw it as an avenue †☺ travel out...lol.
Taught I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Government Arabic Secondary, Zurmi (GASS) where I taught SS1 student 1/2 + 1/3 for a̶̲̥̅ whole term. Where Ɣ☺Ʊ have †☺ think of how best †☺ teach the SS3 student who are to write WAEC but can't spell GEOGRAPHY or those that have a̶̲̥̅ big time telling you they want †☺ PEE but can't form the words I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ ENGLISH and are suppose †☺ write WAEC I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ about a̶̲̥̅ week time.
I experienced how student got †☺ JSS1, 2 or 3 without having any Nursery or primary school eduction. Once ‎​​​​A̶̲̥̅♏ done with arabic school, ‎​​​​A̶̲̥̅♏ qualified †☺ gain admission †☺ any of the JSS classes or even an SSS class.
I experienced a̶̲̥̅n environment where government fed student 3 times daily just for them †☺ come †☺ school still they wouldn't because they don't know the importance of eduction.
I remember how that a̶̲̥̅ Mallam (meaning teacher I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ arabic) who teaches I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the SSS section of the school couldn't compose his words I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ english but taught the student anyway I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ hausa...it really doesn't matter so long as the student understand what he's trying †☺ say.

Serving I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Zamfara state was fun for ♍e, wish I recorded it all on Tape, maybe I would be able †☺ further convince you †☺ think of how we can create a̶̲̥̅ positive change I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ this great nation.
They are not BOKO HARAMs, they aren't MOLAs neither are they ABOKIs, they are Nigerians who never got the right †☺ good and qualitative education from childhood and then believe the only way †☺ pay back on the society Iڪ †☺ destroy what they never had.
We all can make a̶̲̥̅ chane if we begin now.

Teach, Educate and help a̶̲̥̅ child else he or she might become the BOKO HARAM that would disturb your peace tomorrow.
This Iڪ м̲̐ч̲̣̥̐ believe, this Iڪ ♍e.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 12, 2012
Served in plateau state 2007/08. The camp was in kuru. Was later posted to jos North, where I did my primary assignment in Springbank plc(beach road), though I was posted to a secondary school, but because I went for spring banks' youth corpers' test in lagos(in which I passed) somehow, I worked my way to serve in springbank. The experience was awesome. Though it was hard convincing the abokis' in business to open an account with the bank, cos I couldn't speak hausa, but I still enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I was not retained! Guess I didn't meet up my target for d service year. Twas really an unforgettable experience tho! Plateau state is a beautiful state, with a lot of rocks/mountains
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by bigyomite(m): 5:44am On Dec 12, 2012
I served in College of Education Ikeree Ekiti as junior lecturer in the 2004/05, almost got married to one of the student who i realy loved then, what a beautiful experience i had in Ekiti kete.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Tinablack: 6:53pm On Dec 17, 2012
I served in oyo state, Ibadan North lGA. My ppa was Oyo state council for arts nd culture.. 2011/2012 batch c. T'was a hell of xperience an xperience I can't 4gt.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by drlukeall(m): 11:45am On Dec 29, 2012
Pls when is the POP for batch A 2012? Someone should help me with the date in February
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Belloladan(m): 11:53pm On Jan 02, 2013
I served in GDSS Dauran Zurmi L.G., Zamfara State. Batch 'A' 2011/2012 the experience waz hell, though they're still owing us 3 months state allawee sha.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by usfreshen: 9:11am On Jan 03, 2013
drlukeall: Pls when is the POP for batch A 2012? Someone should help me with the date in February
POP for batch A 2012 is on 5feb 2013.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Usman23: 11:24pm On Mar 24, 2013
Bauchi State 2007/2008
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by joynoy: 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2013
Any one here with the NYSC brochures for 2001/ 2002 . Need some information of old class mate kindly email me joynoy73@ gmail.com.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by idimuller: 5:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
Please i want to know anyone that served in Borno state Batch B 2004/2005. i lost contact of most of the friends we served together that very year. Please anyone that served in Borno state 2004/2005 batch B. Kindly contact me at: plasmul@yahoo.com
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by idimuller: 6:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
I served in Borno State 2004/2005 Batch B. It was the best experience of my life. I posted to a town known as Banki at the edge of the Nigerian Border with Cameroon. I served in the only primary school of the town. The people there were very friendly and very hospitable. Everyone in the town wanted to associate with me. The town attract people from the neighboring Cameroon and chad republic. It was the best period of my life. I will never forget the sweet memories. I meet and interact with a lot of people. Unfortunately the situation now is no longer as sweet as before. It is the boko Haram den and people are being slaughter like ram.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
Hi guyzsmiley

Hope you really enjoyed the whole NYSC service?
Your view,opinion,observation and likely way forward is highly valuable and needed on this thread:

www.nairaland.com/1430423/yes-here-comes-change-expecting#17975254

Your opinion can make the needed difference!
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by stageorge: 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2015
Onicha-Ugbo, Delta State.
2008 batch B
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by tosabs: 5:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
Freelance marketer needed urgently @tosabs Costumery nig ent. Lagos region only .Contact 08160690739
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by idimuller: 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2016
AyoAina:
MINNA, NIGER STATE
2004 BATCH B
Same Batch and service year. do you know anyone dat served in Borno the same time?
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Sunnykaka(m): 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
Pls is it possible for someone name to be removed from nysc website even after online registration from his or her school , I need answer ASAP.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 10, 2016
Sunnykaka:
Pls is it possible for someone name to be removed from nysc website even after online registration from his or her school , I need answer ASAP.
are you the only one with NYSC problem? Nairaland is awashed with your posts. I guess you provoked a lecturer.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by kazolad(m): 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
Serving presently in Edo state. Auchi to be precise
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by iamclime(m): 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2021
If you served in KD in 2007/2008 say hi!
I remember Manley, Nkoyo, Thelma and others. Kachia was challenging and interesting. I got another worldview by staying there for almost a year.
Re: NYSC: Which State/Year Did You Serve? by GOVERNMENTBOY20: 10:51am On Jul 14, 2021
NYSC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nysc 2014, Batch C Ogun Corpers. Let's Meet / Certificates Acquired During NYSC / Varsity Sent 27 Hawkers For Youth Service —JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.