Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? (5647 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Lagos Traditional Ruler Assaults Wife Over Phone Call (Battered Wife Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by egetz(m): 3:36pm On Mar 31, 2007
Husbands, do you allow your wives free access to your mobile handset at all times?

When the phone chimes, who picks up the call? You or her?

And the most serious one, when you have a text message, who reads it first? you or wife?

This simple question has wrecked homes in the past.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by OmoEko1(f): 3:43pm On Mar 31, 2007
Do u have any secrets u re hidding that u don't want her knowing about

Becos i don't see nothing wrong, if a wife picks/ answer her husband calls.

when u are married, u have no secrets, u are like twins now.

U don't need permission to ur spouse phone.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by egetz(m): 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2007
omo eko

of course, men have and keep secrets. secrets demanding from the nature of their jobs, their past lives, their surprises and take or leave it, their flippancies. what man is there without secrets?
let me listen up first.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by OmoEko1(f): 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2007
Well it's not true some mens tell their wives their secrets wink

Why hide your secrets from the one u truly LOVE

I hope extra money tells me i can't answer his phone, lol that will be the day he will see my other evil side
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by whiteNkem(f): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2007
I don't have any problem with my husband answering my phone as I don't have anything to hide. Same goes for him. But of course, if we are both in the room and his phone rings or he receives a message, he will pick it and vice-versa.
In a marriage there aren't supposed to be any secrets or hidings or slippings. Those are actually the things that wreck a home.

egetz:

of course, men have and keep secrets. secrets demanding from the nature of their jobs, their past lives, their surprises and take or leave it, their flippancies. what man is there without secrets?
And you find this normal
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by osegwu(m): 4:39pm On Mar 31, 2007
Everybody to his or her phone. That is the only way

to avoid wrecking your home expecially in these days

of women's infidelity.

If you like shout Crucify him crucify him
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by egetz(m): 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2007
And you find this normal

And you don"t? please, you people should stop selling this irreal idea that marriage ceases to make a person a distinct human personality. that he becomes a cojoined contraption of the other person once he ties the nuptial cord.
i am me and she is herself, married or single. i never cease to maintain my life for the sake of marriage. i never cease to maintain my phone regardless of marriage. except you want it incorporated into all marriage contracts that by this ring, i shall swap my sim cards.

i believe looking into your wife"s phone is like looking into her handbag, what you see i what you asked for
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by neelsel(f): 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2007
Unless the wife is the one footing the bill she has absolutely no right to answer her husband's phone and vice versa.

There is a thin line between love and privacy, Case closed!!!
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by OmoEko1(f): 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2007
Iron Lady grin grin grin
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by neelsel(f): 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2007
@Soccerquee,
Am curious as to how it is possible for you to arrive at such a conclusion, Anyway we are all entitled to our own opinions. wink
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by doubletree(f): 10:28pm On Apr 02, 2007
any one who calls my hubby's mobile is expecting to speak to him, not me and vice versa.

if he hides in the bathroom to answer the phone, then THAT is another matter!
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by lafile(m): 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2007
In a normal situation, everybody will answer his/her phone. Theres is nothing special about answering phone calls anyway. But there comes a time when someone is unable to answer his/her phone. it is normal. probably left ur fone at home etc. In this situation, it is normal after say 5 or 6 repeated calls from the same number that somebody else apart from answers the phone. it is normal. fathers answer their sons phones. siblings answewr each others phones in this circumstance.

The problem comes when without any reason a husband/wife insists that a spouse should not answer his/her phone. it becomes obvious that there is a call you expect to recieve that your spouse must not know about. In other words you have secrets. trouble. from that point henceforth, the aggrieved spouse starts scheming on how to search the phone for sms or calls. trust then goes out the window.

As for me, when the circumstance demands, I take my wifes calls and vice versa. when we go out i hold both fones. and except shes close by i answer hers. Whats more we both have the passwords to our e-mail boxes. end of story.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by sweetstjoy(f): 5:28pm On Apr 23, 2007
[b]interesting!
this is a very delicate issue and it demands maximum attention,
for the sake of your sanity and please keep to your phones, this issue has broken marriages and relationships, i tell you for the sake of love and sanity keep to ur phone becos you may end up seeing something what will hunt you for the rest of your life.
one love wink[/b
]
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by nossycheek(f): 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2007
When there is love, there is no secrecy. I answer my husband's phone, read his sms, send on his behalf and vice versa. While should it ruin marriages? No reason of course except for most men who run extra curicullum activities and don't feel comfortably picking their phones in the bedroom and always feigning "no service" kiss
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by akara(m): 2:21pm On Apr 26, 2007
If there is trust in a relationship I dont see why the woman or man should not be allowed to pick each others calls.
Of course sometime one needs to do some explaining or introduction to new acquaintances to avoid doubts in the
relationship.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Makamiyaki(m): 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2007
if its to dig up my messages and try 2 know what I've been up to,I'd keep that phone under lock and chain, but if thats not her intent, my phone is her's. cos trust really counts here
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by mrmayor(m): 2:43pm On Apr 26, 2007
As expected the women want to know who is calling and if possible answer the calls themselves and the men don't.

As a matter of policy I don't and won't answer my woman's calls except specifically asked to do so,I don't look in her handbag either,I don't expect her to answer my mobile calls,if I don't pick up leave a message thats why we have voicemails.I can't stand women who go through my phonebook or try reading my sms.I always have a user lock on my cellphones.

No matter how married or in love we are.we all need privacy in our lives,what next! we should read minds just to make sure there is no deciet!
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by opuro(m): 2:48pm On Apr 26, 2007
akara
  u wan hear  advice?
      are u married?
          ol boy wen u mari keep to ur phone and let ur wifey keep to here own
I adviced my friend,  on this issue he refused and now they are divorced
 IF UNA LIKE IT OR NOT ALL MEN ARE POLIGAMUS IN MIND
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by suly(m): 4:20pm On Apr 26, 2007
No no no! it's is not advisable. no matter how free or love u have for your wife, it's not every call you allow her to pic.
She cant even pic my call without my consent becos an official call can come in @ any time and you will end up not being happy with her. so women wacht it! cry
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by alabiyemmy(m): 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2007
every right.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by DewDrop(f): 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2007
[center]In all honesty,
I was guilty of being [i]that [/i]nosy
As in i wanted know whos calling/texting my man
@ what time?
Who he's calling/texting @ what time
and about what
At the end of the day
Its only me that was suffering
because he didn't care
and we ended up arguing because he wouldn't elaborate on things
its our own personal insecurities that cause such behavior

We should be able to trust that there isn't anything inappropriate going on
Ideally- especially if they've never broken your trust before
but now a days, it's hard to trust
but both parties shouldn't make such a big deal about it.
Don't stress your man to see his phone, in fact JUST DON'T
Don't freak out when your lady wants to see your phone

If you're up to no good, then get another handset and put a lock code on it.
Just don't be surprised when she gets one also
Or pack out
cool
[/center]
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Gheorghe(m): 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2007
it's all about trust, if i'm not around or wetin reach she has every right to pick my calls and relay the message to me.but in the case where i'm around, she jus has to let me answer my call and if she wants to know who called as far as she doesn't fuse over it then i'll tell her.if she also deciedes to check my call/sms log and suspects foul play,i shud be able to bail myself.
But i feel these is the truth ot the matter;
"BE MY FRIEND,BE MY DOG'S FRIEND"
i.e. she ought to know all my friends old or new and vice versa.
and if i have "EXTRA RUNS", i shud be able to code them all wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by theopops: 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2007
If you like, answer his/her phone. A man that is going to cheat, will have a separate phone for his smallees. So that you will not even suspect him, he'll leave the phone at home, so you can answer it. So, thinking you have no secrets, cos you can answer his phone, keep deceiving yourself.

Marriage is much more important and serious than the way most Nigerians are going about it these days.

God help us all!
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Elgaxton(m): 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2007
For this reason a man shall leave his father's house and be joined to his wife, and they shall become ONE!

Pls the binding factor is not the MOBILE PHONE abeg, if he/she wants to pick each others calls then they should get

themselves a LAND LINE phone.

Marriage should be based on trust not on phone
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Hugoboi(m): 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2007
@ topic

None @ all.A cell phone is a "private" property and its privacy should be sacrosanct to all.Wife inclusive!
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by tasiana(m): 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2007
if thats the case
wat happens to my man wen be snoop grin
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by esilove(m): 6:27pm On Apr 26, 2007
A man and A woman will there mothers and fathers house both of them will become one flesh.

if any of them is hidding anything from each that means an invalid marriage.

i mean the marriage don enter voice mail

you should allow your wife or your husband to access your phone if the love stands.

cheers
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by gbeborun(m): 6:33pm On Apr 26, 2007
As a matter of principle i don't take my chairlady's call at all! Cos my hand no clean, so she wont be tempted to answer mine. Some couple of months back, i saw my baby's phone bill and on a particularly date i saw details of over 20 txt msgs to some unknown number and then curiousity took hold of me and i decided to investigate, i flipped through her phonebook but couldnt find the number stored anywhere. she's got the number stored in her head, wetin i go do? i just kept quite because na me find trouble. if i didnt go through her bill i wouldnt have seen that rubbish and until now i'm still hoping to catch her red handed!
But, me think you ought to AUDIT your wife's phone once in a while, u never can be too sure.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Zandra1(f): 7:15pm On Apr 26, 2007
I dont see anything wrong in answering ur spouse's call as far as there are no skeletons in ur cupboard. Just like some men are polygamous in mind some women are like that too while some people(both men and women) are not. As far as there's trust and sincerity in the r/ship why not.
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by Kemjisuper(m): 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2007
Hi there,

Let's have a forum to see some interesting questions people come up with.

If Olive Oil comes from Olives,
Where does Baby Oil come from? (Babies? LOL)

Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by eko4show(m): 7:50pm On Apr 26, 2007
much as i dont have issues with my partner picking my calls, it should be said however, that marriage should not completely erode my privacy and personal space.

married?yes, but we are still individuals and it is only civil to give each other some "privacy"
cool
Re: What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa? by abohrandy: 7:54pm On Apr 26, 2007
there is nutin bad in ur spouse attending to ur fone. but what is bad is what he or she carries in the mind. which will definately be expressed. as a couple there shld be no secrets except u choose to keep some but its not a good habit.

so in short it all depends on what u have in mind which all depends on the amount of trust u have in ur spouse,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Say Something Unique About Your Family. / Proud Emma Thompson Poses With Adopted Refugee Son At Graduation Six Years Later / The Reason Most Married Women Don't Visit Husband's People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.