Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,400 members, 7,800,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians (8341 Views)

Letter To Ghanaians After Nigeria Beat Them 6:1. / Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss / Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 10:49pm On Jun 26, 2010
To all those celebrating Ghana's victory you all should cover your faces with shame, what our country of 150 million could not do a tiny country of just bout 20 million has done, Ain't nothing like United states of Africa, we have NIGERIANS and GHANANIANS, the victory's belongs to Ghanaians only they worked for it and they deserve it we should stop clinching , Chikena
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by dominique(f): 10:59pm On Jun 26, 2010
what's wrong with celebrating with a neighboring country?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by JIY: 11:03pm On Jun 26, 2010

Apparently, love your neighbor is no longer in the Bible.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by tayoast(m): 11:24pm On Jun 26, 2010
wateva happened 2 freedom of association
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 11:27pm On Jun 26, 2010
dominique:

my brother nothing wrong in rejoicing with neighbors o, but dont foget we were in that tournament so what happened to us? what if we were to play Ghana say in the quarters where will your loyalty lie, i carry a  green Nigerian passport not a black Ghanian's passport.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Mudley313: 11:29pm On Jun 26, 2010
"JEALOUSY is the root of hatred" - Evi Edna Ogholi
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 11:56pm On Jun 26, 2010
tayo_ast:

wateva happened 2 freedom of association
Whatever happened to patriotism
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by dominique(f): 11:58pm On Jun 26, 2010
leboss6:

my brother nothing wrong in rejoicing with neighbors o, but dont foget we were in that tournament so what happened to us? what if we were to play Ghana say in the quarters where will your loyalty lie, i carry a  green Nigerian passport not a black Ghanian's passport.

but that's not the case here is it?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 12:03am On Jun 27, 2010
JIY:

Apparently, love your neighbor is no longer in the Bible.
yeah love thy neighbor as you love yourself, but in football there should not be divided loyalty, my guy you need to see what people are posting on facebook, some say they wanna change there nationality,some say they have changed there names to koffi,mensah,essien and the likes can you imagine, whether we like it or not they are our rivals on the field of play, if we were to play them say in the quarters had we qualified were will your loyalty lie?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 12:10am On Jun 27, 2010
dominique:

but that's not the case here is it?
No it is not, but do you know that if Ghana wins that Trophy(with there doggedness and team spirit i dare not write them off) The only name that will be etched on the trophy and record books will be GHANA not Nigerian and not Africa, the people that will receive medals and lift the trophy will be Ghanaian's and the trophy will be paraded on the streets of Accra not Lagos. we really need to get our acts right.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by honeric01(m): 2:00am On Jun 27, 2010
And so what? Abeg joor, i rejoice with who deserves to be rejoiced with.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by davidif: 2:56am On Jun 27, 2010
leboss6:

Whatever happened to patriotism

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO FREEDOM OF CHOICE.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Mudley313: 3:21am On Jun 27, 2010
No it is not, but do you know that if Ghana wins that Trophy(with there doggedness and team spirit i dare not write them off) The only name that will be etched on the trophy and record books will be GHANA not Nigerian and not Africa, the people that will receive medals and lift the trophy will be Ghanaian's and the trophy will be paraded on the streets of Accra not Lagos. we really need to get our acts right.

yeah love thy neighbor as you love yourself, but in football there should not be divided loyalty, my guy you need to see what people are posting on facebook, some say they wanna change there nationality,some say they have changed there names to koffi,mensah,essien and the likes can you imagine, whether we like it or not they are our rivals on the field of play, if we were to play them say in the quarters had we qualified were will your loyalty lie?

mr. man, you have personal issues you seriously need to work on. i bet you're the type that gets bitter when an immediate family member gives birth, gets a promotion, a good job, buy a new car etc we call your likes "enemy of progress". bad belle manager
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Brisingr(m): 7:08am On Jun 27, 2010
d chickens re not performin so we pour our energy into cheerin for d blackstars dey re representin africa.but dat doesn't mean i won't swap ghana's place in d quarter final wit 9yja if i could
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by omar22(m): 8:42am On Jun 27, 2010
Look we are NOT NORTH KOREAN THAT CANNOT CELEBRATE SOUTH KOREANS SUCCESS,

Why dont dont you move to Sudan or Burma or somewhere were your rights been taken away,
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 27, 2010
I don't think any difinition of patriotism includes hoping others fail because your country failed.

I don't think any Nigerian loves Ghana more than Nigeria, we just love the passion of their players who are ready to die on the pitch for their country and that attitude is a reflection of their country's organisation on every sphere of life from Sports to Politics to economy.

If they had a Sani Lulu whose only interest is his pocket then you will get a Yakubu whose only interest for playing for his country is so that he can get a work permit to stay in England.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 10:07am On Jun 27, 2010
i do not have anything against Ghana, and it might interest you guys to know that i live in Accra and i know that Ghanians will never celebrate a Nigerian win, i never said i hated them or that i am jealous of there progress of course am not, it is good to rejoice with others when they succeed ,but that is where it should stop, when people now decide to renounce there nationality just because our team flopped and Ghana's triumphed then i have a problem with that, Where lies the rivalry, an Argentine will never celebrate a Brazilian win ,neither will the English celebrate a German win, in football there is nothing like dual nationality, i am happy for them but there is no way am celebrating there victory, i rest my case.PROUDLY NAIJA
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Freiburger(m): 10:09am On Jun 27, 2010
@ poster: but an Argentines will celebrate a Brazil victory at the world cup, don't u know that Ghana making it to the quarter finals this time enables the whole continent to stand a better chance of being able to send more teams to the next world? learn to accept your defeat so you can work hard for a victory next time, and don't envy the Ghanians they worked had for it and thy deserved it. One more time, stop the hating
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Freiburger(m): 10:13am On Jun 27, 2010
leboss6:

i do not have anything against Ghana, and it might interest you guys to know that i live in Accra and i know that Ghanians will never celebrate a [/b][b]Nigerian win, i never said i hated them or that i am jealous of there progress of course am not, it is good to rejoice with others when they succeed ,but that is where it should stop, when people now decide to renounce there nationality just because our team flopped and Ghana's triumphed then i have a problem with that, Where lies the rivalry, an Argentine will never celebrate a Brazilian win ,neither will the English celebrate a German win, in football there is nothing like dual nationality, i am happy for them but there is no way am celebrating there victory, i rest my case.PROUDLY NAIJA

Dude thats not true the Ghanaians will celebrate a Nigerian victory anytime any day. I watched that match with different ppl from over 9 countries, and they fevered with the Ghanians.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 10:20am On Jun 27, 2010
Freiburger:

Dude thats not true the Ghanaians will celebrate a Nigerian victory anytime any day. I watched that match with different ppl from over 9 countries, and they fevered with the Ghanians.
I live in Ghana bro so i have first hand knowledge of what i am talking about,check out what they did to Mike Adenuga and Globacom telecommunications, so unfair, i once had a nasty experience when i wanted to get an apartment went to bout 4 places and the landlords refused to rent out to for just one reason, cos am Nigerian.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 10:23am On Jun 27, 2010
davidif:

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO FREEDOM OF CHOICE.
So you choose to be Ghanaian?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Freiburger(m): 10:32am On Jun 27, 2010
leboss6:

I live in Ghana bro so i have first hand knowledge of what i am talking about,check out what they did to Mike Adenuga and Globacom telecommunications, so unfair, i once had a nasty experience when i wanted to get an apartment went to bout 4 places and the landlords refused to rent out to for just one reason, cos am Nigerian.

That most westAfrcan ppl are hostile to Nigrians is no new thing, no doubt. but that goes with it grin grin grin, , hope you got me. But when it comes to a sport of this kind, i always find out that in most cases these grieviences are being placed aside. If only one can understand what the non Africans plans is for Africa, only then we can also learn how to get ourselves together and be strong.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 10:37am On Jun 27, 2010
Freiburger:

That most westAfrcan ppl are hostile to Nigrians is no new thing, no doubt. but that goes with it grin grin grin,  , hope you got me. But when it comes to a sport of this kind, i always find out that in most cases these grieviences are being placed aside. If only one can understand what the non Africans plans is for Africa, only then we can also learn how to get ourselves together and be strong.
Yes sir i hear you o, lol
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Freiburger(m): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2010
leboss6:

Yes sir i hear you o, lol

, lol.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Mublock90: 10:47am On Jun 27, 2010
My guy na bad belle be this o! I do understand that there is always a certain hostile attitude towards Nigerians but from my experiences in life i've hardly seen a Nigerian repay prejudice in kind. Thats what makes us Nigerian u know . We will support Ghana and castigate our OWN team for not playing well and my brother it is not out of lack of patriotism. Its because we love the chickens so much that we diss them so. cheesy
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Freiburger(m): 10:50am On Jun 27, 2010
Mublock90:

My guy na bad belle be this o! I do understand that there is always a certain hostile attitude towards Nigerians but from my experiences in life i've hardly seen a Nigerian repay prejudice in kind. Thats what makes us Nigerian u know . We will support Ghana and castigate our OWN team for not playing well and my brother it is not out of lack of patriotism. Its because we love the chickens so much that we diss them so. cheesy

you 'ved said it all my broda.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by leboss6(m): 10:56am On Jun 27, 2010
Mublock90:

My guy na bad belle be this o! I do understand that there is always a certain hostile attitude towards Nigerians but from my experiences in life i've hardly seen a Nigerian repay prejudice in kind. Thats what makes us  Nigerian u know . We will support Ghana and castigate our OWN team for not playing well and my brother it is not out of lack of patriotism. Its because we love the chickens so much that we diss them so. cheesy
Haba no be bad belle o, i insist that i am happy for them but i aint celebrating them id rather it was naija there, being happy and celebrating are two different things, but i really like and appreciate your point of view very matured and makes tons of sense, ciao
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Kgdavid(m): 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2010
dont be myopic, yes it is ghanaians who are playing but they r not playing only for Ghana but for Africa. if Ghana get kncked out the papers will not run the headline "ghana fail to get past quater finals" but rather they would say " african teams continue to miss out on semi final spot". this is history being witten for africa and it does not matter who happens to be the instrument of fate. i celebrate with Ghana because African pride is still intact thanks to them.
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by agabaI23(m): 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2010
leboss6:

Haba no be bad belle o, i insist that i am happy for them but i aint celebrating them id rather it was naija there, being happy and celebrating are two different things, but i really like and appreciate your point of view very matured and makes tons of sense, ciao
l
v

Mudley313:

mr. man, you have personal issues you seriously need to work on. i bet you're the type that gets bitter when an immediate family member gives birth, gets a promotion, a good job, buy a new car etc we call your likes "enemy of progress". bad belle manager

Sums you up very well
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Ltrust(m): 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2010
"Ghana must go", "Ghana must go", and "Ghana must Go bag" shocked shocked shocked

Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by franklampard082(m): 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2010
BLOODY POSTER. IS IT THE WHOLE COUNYRY THAT IS PLAYING THE BALL?
I WONDER HOW SOME POSTS MAKE THE FRONT PAGE?
Re: Nigerians Wake Up We Are Nigerians Not Ghanaians by Litmus: 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2010

Mudley313

"JEALOUSY is the root of hatred" - Evi Edna Ogholi

Nigerians are not Jealous people (jealousy is very bad  karma) this is why we Nigerians will always lead the way in Africa. The poster seems to be a Ghanaian from Ghana Accra and, perhaps, understandably  he/she wants the world to recognize Ghana's achievement and not have it overlooked under the guise of Africa. There is also a chance that the poster is a mischief maker who is a little miffed that Nigerians are  showing the world that we are quite happy for Ghana to succeed unlike Ghanaians who are quite happy for Nigerians to fail.

As for the world cup i believe that Honduras is quite beatable there is no reason why Ghana cant beat them and progress to the next round.

Good luck with that one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

(1:0) 2 H Means What. HELP / Soccer Stars Project Confirms 22 Players From Akwa Ibom, Set For Abuja Screening / Lionel Messi Named World Player Of The Year Yet Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.