Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! (19537 Views)

Lovelyn Enebechi Is Germany's Next Top-Model 2013 / ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? / Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by Damsal(f): 10:40pm On Apr 04, 2007
You guys saying the girls are either ugly or not photogenic i think you missed the girl in the fifth pix she's a total hottie.
And like Ladt T said these girls are nothing to write home about because after my excitement and checking the site i realised that the 'event' is taking place in London and not in Nigeria so they made a mistake with the title 'It's supposed to be Nigerian girls in London trying to rep Niga'
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by pssword: 11:17pm On Apr 04, 2007
ohhh, na for london sef, no wonda. If yu wan see correct, fine, heavy chiks just nija come nija na so ya eye go de do wa wa all de time. Forget this lot!
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by romeo(m): 11:20pm On Apr 04, 2007
the stuff has not even started yet and it's not going to be in naija sef, those girls are not the contestants, just read the site's info
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by irefunke(f): 2:01am On Apr 05, 2007
pls I can't view the website for the top model show.As the website said it it has oulived its bandlimit.Is there any other alternative to view the site ? Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by user86666(m): 12:14pm On Apr 05, 2007
LadyT, now is that beef. . . . or jealousy? cool
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by LePhilippe(m): 12:56pm On Apr 05, 2007
It would have been nice if it were in Nigeria!!
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by Gamine(f): 4:48pm On Apr 05, 2007
Most of them gurls are Ugly jare!!
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by texazzpete(m): 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2007
user86666:

LadyT, now is that beef. . . . or jealousy? cool

That bit of idiocy was totally uncalled for. All she said is Nigeria has better to offer, and she's absolutely right.

The Website says apply for this if you "Want toBreak into films and acting - Nollywood the world’s third largest film industry"
confirming what i've always known. we stock our movie industry with talentless starlets and then moan that we're not given serious consideration in Cannes. . . .
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by LadyT(f): 7:47pm On Apr 06, 2007
Thanks Texazzpete.
I didnt even think those girls looked Nigerian at all. We have such a wide range of beauty in Nigeria those girls all looked the same.
And doesnt it have to be held in Nigeria?

I swear America's next top model is held in AMERICA!
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by 9ja4eva: 8:11pm On Apr 06, 2007
The site is nt working oh.The gurls r okay.
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by user86666(m): 11:10pm On Apr 06, 2007
Hey Tex, she also said

LadyT:

Umm I'm sorry those young ladies are nothing to write home about.

so Mr Tex Voltron, defender of the universe  Ladyt, thanks for expressing your intellect, its overwhelming grin

Gamine don't u think ugly's a rather strong word?
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by sasha4u(f): 7:42pm On Apr 07, 2007
as a contestant in the show i think it's really rude that you people are sitting there and calling us ugly. who is to say what it ugly and what is not.
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by Seun(m): 7:43pm On Apr 07, 2007
I hereby apologize on their behalf. Get used to it - if you become famous, some people will hate you for it! wink
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by 9ja4eva: 11:25am On Apr 08, 2007
sasha4u:

as a contestant in the show i think it's really rude that you people are sitting there and calling us ugly. who is to say what it ugly and what is not.

Huh sori abt dt.Stuff like dt is bound to happen u know.Represent well oh.
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by PushPa(f): 12:37am On Apr 09, 2007
the home site isn't working does anyone know where i can see get pics of the girls or where i can get a live feed of the show?
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by KUNLEx: 11:45am On Apr 09, 2007
the site is down
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by JuliaW(f): 1:08am On Apr 10, 2007
I haven't been able to visit the site because it is down. I am a white woman from the United States. I would much rather see a beautiful African woman win top model then the skinny blond haired blue-eyed woman that are usually on the show in the US. I myself have olive skin, dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. In the US usually it is lighter skinned African-American women that are considered beautiful. Example: Halle Berry and Beyonce Knowles. I myself have seen plenty of beautiful darker skinned African-American who I would consider beautiful. In the US white woman get lip implants and injections to make their lips fuller where as African and African-American women already have beautiful natural full lips!! A lot of African-American women feel they have to straighten their hair. I would love to see an African woman with her natural hair win. I am sick of Hollywood telling us American women what they think is beautiful: Blond blue-eyed fair skin. tall and skinny. Hollywood has to learn beauty comes in all colors and all shapes and sizes. It will be so nice to see these beautiful African women competing. Good Luck to all of the ladies on the show!!!
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by texazzpete(m): 3:02am On Apr 10, 2007
last I heard, someone said d gals here aren't d actual contestants. no one's called d contestants ugly so far. . .

I really think this kinda thing should b held in naija sha
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by sasha4u(f): 3:06am On Apr 10, 2007
jus be glad it is even happening: ppl are never satisfied. ah
da lady is breaking her back to put all of this together and ppl are just sitting there complaining, its very disrespectful
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by Nobody: 4:20am On Apr 10, 2007
is this airing in nigeria or worldwide or whats going on
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by 9ja4eva: 6:46am On Apr 10, 2007
texazzpete:

last I heard, someone said d gals here aren't d actual contestants. no one's called d contestants ugly so far. . .

I really think this kind of thing should b held in naija sha

Yeah it shld be held in Naija cos it makes it more Nigerian den.Nice concept dey have anyway.
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by texazzpete(m): 10:43am On Apr 10, 2007
sasha4u:

jus be glad it is even happening: people are never satisfied. ah
da lady is breaking her back to put all of this together and people are just sitting there complaining, its very disrespectful

I should be glad this thing is happening? I should be 'satisfied'? Why? This add value to my life? possibility of e even seeing this is remote.
in my short visit to the website, i failed to see any noble goal behind this thing. besides, if you're touting something as 'Nigeria's next top model' at the very least make it accessible to most Nigerians, not a niche group in the Uk.
besides, our most famous exports (oluchi and agbani) didn't come from rich homes. how would they have gone to attend something like this?

Go attend your pageant and stop complaining! When you step forward for a show like this you expose yourself to all kinds of comments. if you're too tender-hearted to roll with the blows, you need 2 have a rethink.

next we'll hear all the people who sang rubbish at the West African Idols audition will be asking us to stop making comments.  yeah, even the fela guy! grin

That said, it's still rude to heckle. I never do that anyway. Wish you loads of luck and success.
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by texazzpete(m): 10:49am On Apr 10, 2007
user86666:

Hey Tex, she also said

so Mr Tex Voltron, defender of the universe Ladyt, thanks for expressing your intellect, its overwhelming grin

No problem, sissy boy. I think that when someone has this

Beauty may open my doors but only virtue enters my heart

in his signature and next he goes round sniping at someone's looks, then he's got to either be a hypocrite or just plain confused. . .

i'll go with the former, you've proven your brains before.
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by mizkay(f): 11:57am On Apr 10, 2007
tried to check and see for myself but it gives an error message 'This account has exceeded it's bandwidth quota and has been temporarily disabled'. i would have thought the organisers of an event of such magnitude will be able to afford more bandwidth quota just for the sake of publicity no? Need some tips from Tiara Banks I suppose,
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by user86666(m): 8:35am On Apr 11, 2007
Tex users like you make Nland interesting, u displayed your analytical skills well in your post. . . even in your signature!
{now don't go changing it yet please}
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by sasha4u(f): 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2007
texazzpete:

I should be glad this thing is happening? I should be 'satisfied'? Why? This add value to my life? possibility of e even seeing this is remote.
in my short visit to the website, i failed to see any noble goal behind this thing. besides, if you're touting something as 'Nigeria's next top model' at the very least make it accessible to most Nigerians, not a niche group in the Uk.
besides, our most famous exports (oluchi and agbani) didn't come from rich homes. how would they have gone to attend something like this?

Go attend your pageant and stop complaining! When you step forward for a show like this you expose yourself to all kinds of comments. if you're too tender-hearted to roll with the blows, you need 2 have a rethink.

U seem a bit bitter honey, what. your girl aint giving u none?
ppl seem angry because its not being held in nigeria but the show is just starting, do u remeber antm wen it strted. (it was kinda shabby compared to what its like now) so this just the beginning, shes just trying to get a foothold and maybe she will try to move the show to nigeria. This is the first of any AFRICAN version of Top model. we should be applauding instead of complaining.

and your right texxa i am tender hearted i dnt like to see ppl get grief they dont deserve.
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by faithclem(m): 6:31pm On Apr 11, 2007
lovely pix and poses,
anything for the male models?
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by LadyT(f): 10:08pm On Apr 11, 2007
sasha4u:

U seem a bit bitter honey, what. your girl aint giving u none?
people seem angry because its not being held in Nigeria but the show is just starting, do u remember antm when it strted. (it was kind of shabby compared to what its like now) so this just the beginning, shes just trying to get a foothold and maybe she will try to move the show to nigeria. This is the first of any AFRICAN version of Top model. we should be applauding instead of complaining.

and your right texxa i am tender hearted i dnt like to see people get grief they don't deserve.

Quit whining.  Your complaining that people are judging others and criticizing  Yet miss Goody Goody gumdrops you have put yourself into a competition where you WILL BE JUDGED and criticized Do you actually know what you have let yourself in for?  Or have you deluded yourself that you will walk the competition.  Abeg go and sit down.
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by RedLips3(f): 10:11pm On Apr 11, 2007
^ That's my girl wink
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by sasha4u(f): 2:49am On Apr 12, 2007
LadyT:

Quit whining.  Your complaining that people are judging others and criticizing  Yet miss Goody Goody gumdrops you have put yourself into a competition where you WILL BE JUDGED and criticized Do you actually know what you have let yourself in for?  Or have you deluded yourself that you will walk the competition.   Abeg go and sit down.

i am going to be the bigger person and not justify your rudeness with a reply. but u seem upset and your reasons for being so are not clear. DONT TRY TO PICK A FIGHT, ITS SO PETTY. This is the problem with girls we are always trying to bring each other down instead of supporting each other. Anyway lets not stray away from the topic, this is about Nigeria's next top model. kiss kiss

Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by Zagaza: 3:02am On Apr 12, 2007
it's just a beauty competition it's not a tv show, sorry guys
Re: Nigerian Next Top Model: Beauty With A Purpose! by 9ja4eva: 7:44am On Apr 13, 2007
Hmm i dnt get ur analysis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Latest Tricks And News On Fashion And Styles / Purses Vs Wallets, Which One Is More Fashionable / Miss Mary Timms Wins Face Of NGEA In USA (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.