Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

What Kind Of Books Do You Read? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Kind Of Books Do You Read? (19536 Views)

Poll: What Kind?

Romance: 13% (49 votes)
Horror: 4% (16 votes)
Suspense: 16% (60 votes)
Action/Adventure: 15% (56 votes)
Drama: 7% (26 votes)
Mystery: 12% (44 votes)
Science Fiction: 9% (33 votes)
Non-Fiction: 7% (27 votes)
Other: 12% (43 votes)
This poll has ended

Books I've Been Looking For! Which Books Do You Find Hard To Get? / What Kind Of Books Do Nigerian's Buy ? / Titles Of Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by 2sexy(m): 10:29am On Jun 29, 2010
Hello House,
         I love to read and always do before going to bed. For me,I read motivational and business related books. I mean books that motivates me to thrive for excellence  and as well expose me to financial oppurtunity in our environment.
          So what kind of books do you read and why?

Humor
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by nomoneydow: 2:32pm On Jun 29, 2010
i love reading book by robert kiyosaki
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by dominique(f): 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2010
mostly fiction especially thrillers/suspense.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by enomakos(m): 6:08pm On Jun 29, 2010
i fan of ROBERT T KIYOSAKI TOO

richdad-books..com
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by MyneWhite1(f): 10:51pm On Jun 29, 2010
I like fiction, especially books by Nigerian writers and authors. It puts me right on what is going on.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by spicyhoney(f): 10:15pm On Jul 02, 2010
Novels(foreign). At 15, I had read almost all James Hardley Chase novels when my mates were carrying  M&Bs. I love fiction, crime, thrillers, history in short anything with a good story line and plenty of suspense but hate Romance novels passionately. But now, i read inspirational books once in a while, and I love geographical books too.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by lonelypal(m): 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2010
works frm John Grisham, anytime anyday wink
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by slap1(m): 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2010
I find romance novels an absolute, recycled bore, I don't read 'em. I'm a sucker for fiction.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by dolu2007(m): 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2010
Motivation and Inspirational books. More preference for Joel Osteen's collections

Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by skyndyp(f): 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2010
Motivational and any good Christian literature is my pick any day.

I can also stay up all night to read any book by Sidney Sheldon.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by ChuckD2(m): 12:50pm On Jul 05, 2010
Anything and everything. From novels to technical books to history, biographies, motivationals,  it's just pure fun learning different things and getting entertained by different things too.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by feasy1(m): 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2010
Robert Kiyosaki books are great though there might be a couple of repetitions if you have read a couple of his books. @ Op have you read Conspiracy of the Rich by Robert Kiyosaki's?? These days due to my busy schedules I opt for the audio books

I'm not into much books except entrepreneurial and business specific books based. I also read books that could help understand the world we live in better
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2010
@feasy1: I have conspiracy of the rich, men, that books dangerous, its just a few people who understand the world they live in,
I love to read
Business development books, personal development books, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, fiction, and anything thats good, Gosh I love to read, lol, grin
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by silami(m): 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2010
I like reading BIBLE the best of them find everything there drama, fiction, non-fiction etc.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by feasy1(m): 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2010
wavemasta:

@feasy1: I have conspiracy of the rich, men, that books dangerous, [b]its just a few people who understand the world they live in,[/b]
I love to read
Business development books, personal development books, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, fiction, and anything thats good, Gosh I love to read, lol, grin

Wavemasta, you are absolutely correct, then you have to read Confession of an Economic Hit Men, that reveals the conspiracy at its peak.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by oluagness(m): 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2010
technologically base books take the lead
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by femionasan(m): 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2010
John Grisham books and Books on history e.g 'The Rise and Fall of the third reich and just finished reading 'The state of Africa: A history of 50years of Independence''.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by denzel2009: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2010
feasy1:

Robert Kiyosaki books are great though there might be a couple of repetitions if you have read a couple of his books. @ Op have you read[b] Conspiracy of the Rich [/b]by Robert Kiyosaki's?? These days due to my busy schedules I opt for the audio books

I'm not into much books except entrepreneurial and business specific books based. I also read books that could help understand the world we live in better

I will download the audio books later today.It looks massive.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by remioshy(f): 1:36pm On Jul 05, 2010
i love reading Robert Ludlum best, fredrick forsyth and also adore danielle steele books
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by hooged: 1:45pm On Jul 05, 2010
awake
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by TeskyMan(m): 1:59pm On Jul 05, 2010
Love reading Motivational, Business and Christian Books.

One book i have read over and over, yet i don't get tired of reading it is "In Pursuit Of Purpose - Miles Munroe"

That Book trips me anytime i lay my hands on it.

Cheers.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by skyndyp(f): 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2010
hooged:

awake

Didn't know Awake to be a book. Maybe im not so current on book matters
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Redman44(m): 2:25pm On Jul 05, 2010
I love reading books on Technology, especially those that deal with the internet, search and computers. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by madlady(f): 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2010
Anything on Art.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by interestin: 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2010
Inspirational
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2010
Do not let this Book of the Law depart out of your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and be successful.( Joshua 1: 8. )Now I know so many will kick against it but it is true. This is not about religion or whatever. Every other professional, science or business book outside the BOOK is meaningless if you value them more than this. smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by CarlosVent(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2010
horror
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by chamotex(m): 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2010
Newspapers
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by MAYOWAAK: 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2010
Books that deals with socio-economic and political issues are my favourites.Autobiography/biography follows.I do not reckon with motivational books because I consider them idealistic.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by deluxecad(m): 3:23pm On Jul 05, 2010
In these days of Nairaland and Facebook? What books do you mean exactly? Softcopies or those hardwares we used to have?  grin  If I can read a 100-page response to a sizzling directed topic on NL, wouldn't it be appropriate if I said I've read a whole book?  cheesy.  I love to read about politics, family, romance and religion, it could come in any shape, soft or hard. It doesn't matter.

In whatever I do, I steal some time to read anyway.

Peace!
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Lalaska(m): 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2010
I find reading motivational books enjoyable. they simply inspire me to be a better person and bring out my potential. i do John Maxwell's books. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

''''''''''''''''''church Runs'''''''''''''''' / SURVIVORS (a Novel) / The Taboo (an exciting Romance Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.