Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

What Kind Of Books Do You Read? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Kind Of Books Do You Read? (19525 Views)

Poll: What Kind?

Romance: 13% (49 votes)
Horror: 4% (16 votes)
Suspense: 16% (60 votes)
Action/Adventure: 15% (56 votes)
Drama: 7% (26 votes)
Mystery: 12% (44 votes)
Science Fiction: 9% (33 votes)
Non-Fiction: 7% (27 votes)
Other: 12% (43 votes)
This poll has ended

Books I've Been Looking For! Which Books Do You Find Hard To Get? / What Kind Of Books Do Nigerian's Buy ? / Titles Of Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Acidosis(m): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2010
I like reading motivational books with inspiring quotes, also books from my tutor, mentor and pastor
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2010
It's good to know that some Nigerians still read. I thought a thread on books will have very few replies. I was really surprised and impressed.

As for me, I love reading success-motivating books and spiritual books. I love positive philosophy and psychology-inclined books. I love books by Zig Ziglar, David Oyedepo, Tim Lahale, Napoleon Hill, etc.

On the laws of life, I highly recommend that you read The Secret[i][/i]. If you are not superstitious, you will enjoy it.

Keep up the good work folks. Together, we will rule naija.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by striker07(m): 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2010
newspaper, biography, and inspirational book
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by eonaiviv: 3:39pm On Jul 06, 2010
I used to read strictly romance bks wink bt nw i ve started reading inspirational bks such as Earn what you are worth and the rest of it.
I have also gone back to reading my biology, chemistry, gmat and d rest so dat my brain doesnt bcom redundant. Who knows where to download soft copies of books for free preferrably in pdf.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by 4mation: 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2010
any thing 4rm Tom clancy will do wink wink cheesy
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by geemee(m): 3:52pm On Jul 06, 2010
philosophical essays, aphorisms, facts behind figures & The Bible are my choices 'cos they add values to my life
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by akinalabi(m): 4:03pm On Jul 06, 2010
How To Books
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by skyndyp(f): 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2010
I also love reading cereal,beverage,soap n cream packets. Especially Milo containers grin grin
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by cecegorz(m): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2010
Meeeeeeeeen!
I've read tons in this my little life and it seems as if i've not even started.

From reading almost all the James Hardley Chase titles in secondary school, i graduated to non-fiction;

Spirituals, Motivationals, Positive Psychology, Autobiography/Biographies.

I've read mostly from these authors

Hardley Chase
Napoleon Hill
David Schwartz
Dale Carnegie
John Maxwell
Jim Ron
Robert Kiyosaki
Jack Welch
Donald Trump
Norman V Pearle

Two titles from these authors; Power of Psitive thinking(pearle) and 7 strategies for wealth and happiness(Ron) made massive impact in my life, infact my life got a real quantum leap after applying those principles they espouse. Thats off course after the master of all books, THE BIBLE!
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by kehneah: 4:27pm On Jul 06, 2010
skyndyp:

I also love reading cereal,beverage,soap n cream packets. Especially Milo containers grin grin
skydyp u don kolo, lol.that was funny
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by skyndyp(f): 4:34pm On Jul 06, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I can spend hours poring over them, especially when im metting the silence treatment  embarassed embarassed
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by kehneah: 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2010
can imagine how the recipient of the silent treatment would feel
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Parnassuss(m): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2010
I just read a book "The Prayer of The Frog 2" by Anthony DeMello, a catholic mystic. There is a short story in the book that tells of the hazard of reading blindly. A woman couldn't fix setup an electric fan after using the manual, she decided to take break. Upon her return, her illiterate maid had fixed it perfectly. "how did you do it she asked?" "well" the maid replied, "since i have not learned to read i am forced to use my brain."
this is not a moral on just blind reading but generally on shortsighted education. Peace  smiley
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Tolulop001(f): 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^i like!
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by johndavid1(m): 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2010
mine is Cultural books grin grin grin grin
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by holotee(m): 7:27pm On Jul 06, 2010
Are you for real ? All you guys actually read the books you claim to read ? I bet you guys spend more time online !
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2010
Action, Crime/Detective, Horror, Thriller

Would like to read more genres though undecided

Strictly no romance shaa tongue
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Tolulop001(f): 11:52pm On Jul 06, 2010
holotee:

Are you for real ? All you guys actually read the books you claim to read ? I bet you guys spend more time online !

i so agree. after im done wit nairaland, facebook, nigerian village square, sahara reporters, thisday online and sometimes twitter undecided, im usually fagged out. read book again? how now! grin
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by obstead200(m): 12:00am On Jul 07, 2010
WHEN I'M NOT READING FOR EXAMS, I PREFER TO READ BOOKS THAT WILL ENTERTAIN ME. TO BE ENTERTAINED, I NEED TO BE RELAXED. THAT MEANS I ONLY READ BOOKS THAT REQUIRE A MINIMUM LEVEL OF CONCENTRATION TO UNDERSTAND. IF U ARE CONCENTRATING TOO MUCH ON SOMETNING, U ARE DEFINITELY NOT RELAXED.

THAT EFFECTIVELY PUT MOTIVATIONAL BOOKS AND NONFICTION BOOKS OUT OF THE COMPETITION. GIVE ME CRIME, SCIENCE FICTION, MYSTERIES ETC ANY DAY.

BUT I MUST ADMIT THAT 4 MY OWN PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT, I'M SERIOUSLY TRYING TO FORM THE HABIT OF READING MOTIVATIONAL BOOKS.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 07, 2010
P.-o.-r.-n, Programming, and Web development books!
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by whiteroses(f): 4:20am On Jul 07, 2010
last book i read was Tortoise and Yannibo and other stories, Without a silver spoon and Efunshetan aniwura in yoruba class JSS1. so yeah i hate reading but i might buy christian books when i'm older tho never say never
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 07, 2010
whiteroses:

last book i read was Tortoise and Yannibo and other stories, Without a silver spoon and Efunshetan aniwura in yoruba class JSS1. so yeah i hate reading but i might buy christian books when i'm older tho never say never
hahaha, omg! I had to write an essay for that story for my Yoruba course.

hehehe. That tortoise and his eran.

Did you read "Ijapa ati Erin"?
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Davo09: 10:45am On Jul 07, 2010
I love reading since i was introduced to reading in my primary six
I start with KoKu Babaony, Incorruptible Judge, Sugar girl
In secondary graduate to reading pacesetters, James Hardley chase
China Achebe, Macbeth etc
University: Sidney Sheldon, Frederick Forsyth, and Motivational Books
Now, i read How to Manual and inspirational Book

U are what u read
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by doublee: 10:58am On Jul 07, 2010
I read so many books but i like reading motivational books, i relax with romance magazine
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by whiteroses(f): 11:57am On Jul 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

hahaha, omg! I had to write an essay for that story for my Yoruba course.

hehehe. That tortoise and his eran.

Did you read[b] "Ijapa ati Erin"[/b]?
ov course grin
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by pafegs(m): 12:39pm On Jul 07, 2010
I find self-development and Inspirational books very useful, But i read anything that will add value to my life, Especially the word of God.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Goalzilla: 9:54pm On Jul 07, 2010
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by sleazy5(m): 5:56am On Jul 08, 2010
Boy! Grisham is the bomb. Anything detective, adventure, thrillers and clasicals. But i passionately dislike romance. It doesn't freak me
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by doziej84: 4:26pm On Jul 08, 2010
C_JAY:

Yes wavemasta grin To think that those Avg frustated chumps alias AFCs were shelling $1500 for mystery's live workshops - to sarge in clubs, bars and just about anywhere u can meet and pick up women etc - shows you the extent we men will go through to get game. More remarkable though is Neils near total transformation from AFC to master Pick up Artist and mystery's main wing man in just over a year and a half.
Far from being just a book about pick up I found the story therein very inspirational, resonating mans undeniable ability to rise above his own inner fears to be whoever he wants to be in the world - be it a better teacher, a better Parent, or better community leader as long as you remain dogged and resolute in your commitment to self development. A must read for self help buffs.

C_JAY. pls where can i download GAME from, i urgently need to read that book.
thanks. or where i can but it from. i reside in nigeria
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by Yoighaman(m): 7:34am On Jul 09, 2010
Biographies and Autobiographies of successful folks around the globe.

Revolutionary books.

Motivational and Inspirational books.

Plus, you would catch me dead with my 'TIME' Magazine.
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by asamuel: 11:45am On Jul 09, 2010
You can find the book titled GAME on kalahari.com.ng - your leading online retailer in Nigeria

Follow this link

http://kalahari.com.ng/books/Game/632/33008478.aspx
Re: What Kind Of Books Do You Read? by denzel2009: 9:12pm On Jul 09, 2010
doziej84:

C_JAY. pls where can i download GAME from, i urgently need to read that book.
thanks. or where i can but it from. i reside in nigeria

Whats your email let me send you the link?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

''''''''''''''''''church Runs'''''''''''''''' / The Taboo (an exciting Romance Story) / Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.