Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? (3216 Views)

Help Us Understand Nigeria Better! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by tassmal(m): 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2006
I been thinking so much been said about who and what is wrong with this country. I like us to put our heads together and share ideas on how we are making Nigeria better.

I guess for Seun this forum has earned him some points. The rest of us can we share what we are doing or have done, and maybe profer solutions to issues, or even get others interested in your ideas or pet projects to help make Nigeria trurly great. Remember only Nigerian or rathers lovers of Nigeria can make it better. Are you one?
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by Seun(m): 7:52pm On Jan 05, 2006
I am making every effort to succeed in my business. In order to succeed, I have to provide good services to my customers. By improving their lives with my services, I am making Nigeria a little bit better.

The second thing I am doing is trying to promote peace, respect for the rights and feelings of others, and opposition to war and division in my capacity as a frequent contributor on Nairaland.

Third, I am using statements made on Nairaland and articles on the Naijarita News website to provoke my fellow Nigerians to think more deeply about life.

Older topic: what can you offer Nigeria?
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by Rolly: 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2006
Praying for Nigeria and the people cheesy
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by GentlBlunt(m): 9:37pm On Jan 05, 2006
Having an enterprise in Nigeria, to create job opportunity. Live a positive life worthy of saying, Nigeria is not only about 419. Looking into starting a mentorship NGO.
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by IAH(f): 10:41pm On Jan 05, 2006
Right now, NOTHING. But I hope to do things later!
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by dagaro(m): 10:50am On Jan 06, 2006
Fighting corruption.
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by kewe(f): 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2006
i pray for this country everyday and try to obey the rules governing the land. thats the little i can do for now.
     i really wish i could do more
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by tassmal(m): 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2006
it cool what u guys are doing! esp those praying, i hope it is heartfelt prayers.
personally i feel i should never give the police 20 or 50 naria bribe on the road so i ensure my papers are intact and try my best to drive well. if i am stopped i prepare my self to speak the truth. it aint easy but aty least the police on my side get the message. if i dont my completye papers i dont drive.

i feel we can trurly make nigeria great if we say NO to corruption! look at singapore and some others what they did... they fought corruption.. today they are giants!

we can do this let make nigeria great!

another thing we can take serious is waste dispoal.. always use a dustbin... ur little contribution can help. burning ur little papers or buring trash is also cool . at least animals wont have any thing to play with.
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by dakmanzero(m): 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2006
::
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by Seun(m): 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2006
See me see trouble o. All the ladies are either praying or doing nothing! cheesy
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2006
start a small community project at the end of this year in my hometown, it's meagre i know but it's a start
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by kaylala(m): 11:22am On Jan 09, 2006
By impacting Nigerians with my generosity wink
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by spikedcylinder: 11:34am On Jan 09, 2006
I would really like to volunteer in a respectable humanitarian organization but i cant seem to find anything! angry sad
Whats your type of business Seun?
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by Kokscity(m): 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2006
I left the country!!!!!!!
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by spikedcylinder: 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2006
Kokscity:

I left the country!!!!!!!

That is such great news!!!Now Nigeria can finally move forward!
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by tassmal(m): 11:19am On Jan 14, 2006
my ribs o!! grin cheesy smiley i guess that was just a joke! anyways sha guys we need postive ideas and personal resolutions.... we cant let this country spoil o!! na we own. no body go fix am for us.
me sha i look forward to day when white people go de hussle say them want come we country even to the extent of sleeping for our embassy for their country. when we too go tell them say which qualification them get who them know and wetin them want come do!
i belive it can happen people it can but the choice ba... na us go make am...
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by trendy(f): 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2007
Mircales, the nation is so messed up cry
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by Eastcoast(f): 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2007
I like the topic. I realy do agree with what tassmal is saying. I think It is abt time for we nigerians to start stop asking what nigeria can do for us but what we can do for nigeria.
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by talk2ahmed(m): 5:55pm On May 04, 2007
I am training secondary school students to improve their mathematics for free, my classis about 48pupils, I believe i'll do better when i am financially stable to affect lifes of the youths
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by 50kobo: 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2007
speaking out when i see wrong.

@talk2ahmed, that's really tight! more grease to your elbow
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by lovemajek(f): 10:07pm On Aug 15, 2007
Building a small school in my local area for educational growth in my local area.
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by spikedcylinder: 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2007
Talk2ahmed, thats very good of you. I wish I had the patience and tenacity for that.
Still havent found any reputable organization to contribute my time and energy to. Suggestions anyone?
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by naijadiva2(f): 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2007
the only thing my family do is send money to family members that "claim" they have no money and yet, their cars look better than ours.
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by Seun(m): 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2007
Instead of wasting money on such people, why not invest it in a business that will create value with the money?
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by naijadiva2(f): 8:33pm On Aug 16, 2007
and who exactly is going to handle our money without taking some, ummmmm, exactly, no one.
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by YOUNGDICEs(m): 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2007
am trina become the president of naija,do u need to be born in naija to be the president?
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by lovemajek(f): 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2007
Yes, but we can change your birth certificate for you.
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by YOUNGDICEs(m): 2:17pm On Aug 17, 2007
how?
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by Fileki(f): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2007
Excuse me Seun, u think we are only sentimental?

Well, i make sure i use my waste -baskets adequately, i mean this Naija can b neater than this. . . if there is no basket/bin where i am in need of it , i put stuffs in my bag till i get home, trust me i impacted that on my friend swhile i was in University n it worked, still working. . . this little ways, Naija wld b better.
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by almondjoy(f): 5:57pm On Nov 29, 2007
Sitting ma pretty arse in the diaspora and as soon as God calls my beloved parents--I can finally burn what ever ties I have over there! cool 

So I am helping Nigeria by staying away--as much as I can--so that I do not interfere with the "fight for corruption" going on over there! kiss
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by romeo(m): 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

Sitting ma pretty arse in the diaspora and as soon as God calls my beloved parents--I can finally burn what ever ties I have over there! cool

So I am helping Nigeria by staying away--as much as I can--so that I do not interfere with the "fight for corruption" going on over there! kiss

hahaha kiss kiss kiss

@topic
making money and educating myself and planning on taking all with me when i will relocate to Nigeria for good wink
Re: What Are You Doing To Make Nigeria Better? by OMUWUNMI: 8:52pm On Dec 06, 2007
what is nigeria doing to make my life better?abeg leave me jo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Black Holes ... / Physical Attractiveness Stereotypes / Represent Where You Are From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.