Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,327 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:33 PM

The Palin Effect - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Palin Effect (5096 Views)

Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Palin Effect by NegroNtns(m): 12:00am On Jun 30, 2010
After a string of successful outcomes by candidates endorsed by Sarah Palin, particularly Republican women, the party is re-assessing her influence.

Even her critics in the media now agree that the influence of Sarah Palin on the political front should not at all be under-estimated. They are warning DNC to pay attention and stop dismissing her.

All Hail Sarah Palin, The Queenmaker!
Re: The Palin Effect by JeSoul(f): 12:26am On Jun 30, 2010
Lol. Where's Prez, theamead & David? cheesy

Meanwhile, Negro, I know the re-reception was a bit cold, but i have missed u dude, a very warm welcome back! smiley
Re: The Palin Effect by preselect(m): 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2010
i'm here jesoul. for all i care, it could be republicans in the white house today. bc i keep looking at obama and all i see is republican leaning moves. he cant pull out of afghanistan in a useless war with no goal other than to continue the war and keep lining the pockets of the republican infested military industrial complex. . . giving more contracts to private military outfits e.g XE. , more contracts to halliburton etc. i'm so ashamed of every little resource i contributed to his campaign.
health reform without public option is a sham. classical 419 by the obama gang to decieve liberals. that was no reform.
wall street reform. . . i'm no economist, but when i talk to people with the know how, they tell me the current bill is full of tricks. no real reform.
offshore drilling, he capitulated to the right, then BP happens, . . . and he gets the blame grin . . good for him . . idiot
dont ask dont tell . . . . hmmmn, abracadabra . . . grin . . . he cant use executive power to ''stop loss''. he cant push his colleagues in congress to move fast, then they come up with political arithmetic, we repeal it but the pentagon will review it b4 . . . what? wayo
the democrats in congress are no better. except for a few dems like pelosi, kucinic, grayson and the senator from vermont(independent), brown of ohio and a few others. the rest of the democrats can as well change party. how can obama support senator lincoln(the republican in democrat clothes from arkansas) against a real democratic party challenger?and then white house sources ''boast'' that the unions wasted millions of dollars trying to change lincoln. which party is in the white house? who is this obama self? whose side is he on? i'll rather have full republicans in the house than fake democrats. so let sarah go ahead and win everything. the republicans deserve success this yr bc most of the democrats are just plain idiots. infact i smell a conspiracy. perhaps they are working secretely for the republican agenda . . who knows.
Re: The Palin Effect by NegroNtns(m): 5:01pm On Jul 02, 2010
Meanwhile, Negro, I know the re-reception was a bit cold, but i have missed u dude, a very warm welcome back

no mind presido, yeye man!

Thank you sweetie, muah! I came back for you. . . wink
Re: The Palin Effect by thameamead(f): 1:57pm On Sep 23, 2010
pres-elect:

i'm here jesoul. for all i care, it could be republicans in the white house today. bc i keep looking at obama and all i see is republican leaning moves. he cant pull out of afghanistan in a useless war with no goal other than to continue the war and keep lining the pockets of the republican infested military industrial complex. . . giving more contracts to private military outfits e.g XE. , more contracts to halliburton etc. i'm so ashamed of every little resource i contributed to his campaign.
health reform without public option is a sham. classical 419 by the obama gang to decieve liberals. that was no reform.
wall street reform. . . i'm no economist, but when i talk to people with the know how, they tell me the current bill is full of tricks. no real reform.
offshore drilling, he capitulated to the right, then BP happens, . . . and he gets the blame grin . . good for him . .
dont ask dont tell . . . . hmmmn, abracadabra . . . grin . . . he cant use executive power to ''stop loss''. he cant push his colleagues in congress to move fast, then they come up with political arithmetic, we repeal it but the pentagon will review it b4 . . . what? wayo
the democrats in congress are no better. except for a few dems like pelosi, kucinic, grayson and the senator from vermont(independent), brown of ohio and a few others. the rest of the democrats can as well change party. how can obama support senator lincoln(the republican in democrat clothes from arkansas) against a real democratic party challenger?and then white house sources ''boast'' that the unions wasted millions of dollars trying to change lincoln. which party is in the white house? who is this obama self? whose side is he on? i'll rather have full republicans in the house than fake democrats. so let sarah go ahead and win everything. the republicans deserve success this yr bc most of the democrats are just plain idiots. infact i smell a conspiracy. perhaps they are working secretely for the republican agenda . . who knows.

I wondwe
pres-elect:

offshore drilling, he capitulated to the right, then BP happens, . . . and he gets the blame grin . . good for him . .

pres-elect:

Re: The Palin Effect by preselect(m): 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

no mind presido, yeye man!

Thank you sweetie, muah! I came back for you. . . wink

@jesoul and negro cheesy

why una de attack me? have u found me o my enemies grin
Re: The Palin Effect by preselect(m): 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2010
meanwhile i heard that Obama had a very ''warm reception'' by new york liberals yesterday. these things are good. my guess is that his popularity got into his head, as st paul would say, a thorn in the flesh is always good to keep people in check. now he knows how unpopular he is. especially with the exhausted lady who confronted him. (and he was laughing, i dont know why). im sure he'll be thinking seriously now.

as for palin, God bless her, she is making money, real money. good for her. but she can never be president, and she knows it too grin
Re: The Palin Effect by NegroNtns(m): 8:29pm On Sep 23, 2010
Karl Rove was not the President but he had more influence and power than Bush.  Sometimes you are a more effective leader when you are hidden behind the veil.
Re: The Palin Effect by Nobody: 5:09am On Sep 24, 2010
hmmm how actually is Palin influential? Riding the coat tails of the tea party?

Christine O'Donnell owes her win more to Limbaugh and Hannity than Palin. Mike Castle had been having serious problems with his constituency for ages.
Re: The Palin Effect by mensdept: 5:16am On Sep 24, 2010
In Yankee, those who are being manipulated the most are actually white folks. The fact that Palin was a governor (like Bush) and potential VP and maybe Prez nominee can only be accomplished by the gullibility of Oyibo people.

And yes, the Dems have to take this nut/lady serious as a result, or else, they'll be shown the door, while Bush Jr is enjoying his retirement.
Re: The Palin Effect by Nobody: 5:18am On Sep 24, 2010
mens dept:

In Yankee, those who are being manipulated the most are actually white folks. The fact that Palin was a governor (like Bush) and potential VP and maybe Prez nominee can only be accomplished by the gullibility of Oyibo people.

And yes, the Dems have to take this nut/lady serious as a result, or else, they'll be shown the door, while Bush Jr is enjoying his retirement.

these pple dont really care. As long as the nigger remains in the white house they would be alright with America imploding.
Re: The Palin Effect by thameamead(f): 11:59am On Sep 24, 2010
pres-elect:

meanwhile i heard that Obama had a very ''warm reception'' by new york liberals yesterday. these things are good. my guess is that his popularity got into his head, as st paul would say, a thorn in the flesh is always good to keep people in check. now he knows how unpopular he is. especially with the exhausted lady who confronted him. (and he was laughing, i dont know why). im sure he'll be thinking seriously now.

as for palin, God bless her, she is making money, real money. good for her. but she can never be president, and she knows it too grin

I think Obama has seen the light or begining to see the light, people are bored of his long speeches, they have had enough of "hope" and "change", they want actions not long speeches.
Re: The Palin Effect by thameamead(f): 12:13pm On Sep 24, 2010
Sarah Palin is nothing but a wannabe politician who wants to be taken seriously, she wants to be a celebrity and a politician at the same time while making lots of money on the speaking circuit, she has her fan base just like the celebrities like Kim Kardarshan and Paris Hilton whose have no talents of any kind apart of wanting to ne in the limelight while making huge sums of money @ the same time,

The fake pastor that tried and failed to burn a copy of the Koran is a massive fan of Sarah Palin, he even referred to her as Esther, hmmm God help us all, make of what you will about Sarah Palin, she knows how to play the religion card, she says she might throw her hat in the presIdential race if she receives a calling from God, same goes to one of her supporters Glen Beck (who's apprently worth $34M) who plays the religion card to prey on people's fear.

Sarah Palin, God damn her, I follow her on twitter, she's clueless about international polticials, She stands no chance of becoming president but damn if George Bush can become president so can Sarah Palin, republicans are good at rigging elections.
Re: The Palin Effect by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2010
thameamead:

I think Obama has seen the light or begining to see the light, people are bored of his long speeches, they have had enough of "hope" and "change", they want actions not long speeches.

oh dear. Same old right wing crap. Which long speeches again are we talking about?
It takes more than 20 months to place an economy on the path to full recovery, everyone has been saying that way before Jan 2009. So what "action" are the people expecting?

pres-elect:

more nonsense. how did you determine this? The reason he isnt doing well in polls is largely due to the relentless right wing rumor machine, the lock-step opposition to his policies by repukes and libs who expected miracles within 2 weeks.
Re: The Palin Effect by bawomolo(m): 2:28am On Sep 25, 2010
^^^

who expected a miracle in two weeks? finger pointing won't get us anywhere.

obama has faced more road blocks than expected.  ted kennedy's death didn't help either.
the poor man has grown gray hair within two years
Re: The Palin Effect by Nobody: 2:54am On Sep 25, 2010
bawomolo:

^^^

who expected a miracle in two weeks? finger pointing won't get us anywhere.

obama has faced more road blocks than expected.  ted kennedy's death didn't help either.
the poor man has grown gray hair within two years

that was merely sarcasm. But lets not deny part of Obama's problem has to do with the impatience of the radical left. Expecting the president to ram thru single payer, eliminate DADT, pull out the troops from Iraq and Afghanistan e.t.c is the wet dream of the left . . . unfortunately reality dictates things wont be as easy.
We got some watered down health reform, some consumer reform and the Iraq war is partially over . . . all in the space of less than 2 yrs - while battling a crumbling economy, bolstering the financial sector and preventing a meltdown in the auto industry . . . i'd give the guy some pass mark!
Re: The Palin Effect by Nobody: 2:55am On Sep 25, 2010
thameamead:

Sarah Palin is nothing but a wannabe politician who wants to be taken seriously, she wants to be a celebrity and a politician at the same time while making lots of money on the speaking circuit, she has her fan base just like the celebrities like Kim Kardarshan and Paris Hilton whose have no talents of any kind apart of wanting to ne in the limelight while making huge sums of money @ the same time,

The fake pastor that tried and failed to burn a copy of the Koran is a massive fan of Sarah Palin, he even referred to her as Esther, hmmm God help us all, make of what you will about Sarah Palin, she knows how to play the religion card, she says she might throw her hat in the presIdential race if she receives a calling from God, same goes to one of her supporters Glen Beck (who's apprently worth $34M) who plays the religion card to prey on people's fear.

Sarah Palin, God damn her, I follow her on twitter, she's clueless about international polticials, She stands no chance of becoming president but damn if George Bush can become president so can Sarah Palin, republicans are good at rigging elections.

we've been saying this for so long . . . of course members of her fan club all think we say so because we're neckk deep in Obama's rump.
Re: The Palin Effect by preselect(m): 4:09am On Sep 25, 2010
davidylan:

more nonsense. how did you determine this? The reason he isnt doing well in polls is largely due to the relentless right wing rumor machine, the lock-step opposition to his policies by repukes and libs who expected miracles within 2 weeks.

like you highlighted, it is my GUESS that his popularity got to him sort of. Thig guy tried and tried and tried to be bipartisan as if bipartisanship is the goal. Wasted months negotiating healthcare with Olympia snowe who later dumped them. Everytime he's looking for bipartisanship. Contrary to your opinion, Obama is low in the polls bc he took his base for granted while he tried to please the right. DADT, he can use executive order to stop the discharges, he didn't. Guantanamo? Still open. These are stuff that don't need congress to do. Healthcare! Well, better than nothing. But why ain't the dems campaigning on it? Bc it was so watered down, it can't really be called reform and it's hard to sell for both right and left voters. And why, why is US still in Afghanistan? He disappointed his base. It's not about economy alone. Even that one self, he promised unemployment won't rise and that he should be held accountable. He made the statement voluntarily. I hate to see haliburton making more money from war. No, I'm exhausted. I wish him well though, I still like him.
Re: The Palin Effect by Nobody: 5:04am On Sep 25, 2010
pres elect, you're basically making the same mistake as well. Look i see this as the classic example of blacks being forced to be 10 times better than their white counterparts to be acceptable. This guy has been in power what . . . is it up to 2 yrs? It took Clinton 6 yrs to turn a surplus. Can we at least stop the mindless, knee-jerk name calling when it comes to this dude?

pres-elect:

like you highlighted, it is my GUESS that his popularity got to him sort of.

what exactly does this mean? popularity got to him in what sense exactly? It is unprecedented in history to see an opposition party all completely against a president (of course the media will never tell you this as it ruins the story they wish to sell you). Can someone pls explain this verbose talking point in more detail? I'm at loss here . . .

pres-elect:

Thig guy tried and tried and tried to be bipartisan as if bipartisanship is the goal. Wasted months negotiating healthcare with Olympia snowe who later dumped them. Everytime he's looking for bipartisanship

First of - what has this to do with his "popularity"?
Secondly - when did bipartisanship become a problem? Was everyone ASLEEP when this guy campaigned on bipartisanship?? undecided Why are we suddenly shocked that he at least tried to win over the GOP with SO MANY concessions? Did you expect he would simply pass massive legislature with votes from the Democratic party alone considering we have blue dog democrats like Ben Nelson?

What is it with the way we expect Obama to just wave a magic wand and solve the world's problems in 2 mins? Do we really forget how complex passing bills thru legislature is?

pres-elect:

Contrary to your opinion, Obama is low in the polls bc he took his base for granted while he tried to please the right.

ludicrous. Everyone knew Obama was going to govern right of center . . . why the pretended shock? I think we tend to forget that a lot of those we call his "base" where hillary voters too who didnt want him in the first place.

pres-elect:

DADT, he can use executive order to stop the discharges, he didn't.

Clinton signed one such executive order too, doesnt seem to have worked in the case of the military no? An executive order would only be temporary, another president can simply waltz in and rescind such an order or remove the DADT aspect and we're back to square one.

For starters . . . lets give them credit for having the balls to send a bill to repeal DADT.

Secondly, its not even 2 yrs yet . . . can we at least be patient? Its not like repealing DADT is a do or die affair.

pres-elect:

Guantanamo? Still open.

Yeah, like he can just close it with a wave of his hands. And where do you all suggest the hundreds of inmates go? your houses? Absurd.

pres-elect:

These are stuff that don't need congress to do. Healthcare! Well, better than nothing. But why ain't the dems campaigning on it? Bc it was so watered down, it can't really be called reform and it's hard to sell for both right and left voters.

Urgh . . . we all seem to argue in a vacuum.

1. Single payer (the leftist dream) will NEVER pass in the house (i hope you're not suggesting we enact that by executive order as well).

2. The public option didnt pass because of blue dog democrats . . . hardly Obama's fault.

If the bill was watered down i guess dems shld be holding the Ben Nelson's and co accountable, not snapping at Obama's heels. Clinton tried for 8 yrs and failed . . . we expect Obama to do so in 6 months? Puhlease.

pres-elect:

And why, why is US still in Afghanistan?

Because you cant just wake up and withdraw thousands of troops from Afghanistan by fiat folks! As soon as you do so the Taliban would simply sweep in and you're back to square one with an enemy even more determined to take the fight to you.

Context pls! The US has been in Afghanistan for the better part of 8 yrs . . . Obama shld be expected to withdraw them in 8 months? And that would achieve exactly what? World peace?

pres-elect:

He disappointed his base.

no he didnt, pls enough with these generic amorphous right wing talking points.

pres-elect:

It's not about economy alone. Even that one self, he promised unemployment won't rise and that he should be held accountable. He made the statement voluntarily.

Even an elementary school student knew that unemployment lags behind an economic recovery and generally takes YEARS not weeks (of course with Obama we cry when we dont get our way in 2 mins) . . . that unemployment went up is no shock, the economy was shedding so many jobs it was a matter of when not if we would get to the bottom.

I'm sick and tired of US politics . . . thankfully in the past months i have taken the conscious decision to no longer watch either leftwing or rightwing news. Its NOTHING but an endless stream of nauseating and frankly ridiculous talking points with NO solutions all vastly divorced from reality. The same populace complaining about unemployment are also screaming about the stimulus, crying about reining in spending and TARP. Sometimes i wish McCain had won instead.

pres-elect:

I hate to see haliburton making more money from war. No, I'm exhausted. I wish him well though, I still like him.

They are a business . . . to make money. Its not their fault if America chooses to enrich them by fighting a meaningless war. This searching for scapegoats where there is none is begining to get tiresome.

Phew! Its hard to read informed comments on these boards nowadays.
Re: The Palin Effect by Nobody: 5:11am On Sep 25, 2010
Lets even assume for 2 secs that the present backlash has ANYTHING remotely to do with policy . . . who are we replacing Reid with? sharron angle? So somehow the only way to solve our problems now is to put O'Donnell, Scott Miller and other headless, policy-less, hockey moms and demagogues in power?

I repeat . . . Obama's problem is his skin color. Period.

You can spew as much talking points as the TV networks wish . . . the dog whistles are loud and clear.
Re: The Palin Effect by Nobody: 5:17am On Sep 25, 2010
pres-elect:

Oh dear . . . where do we start with the political education now?

1. Politics is a game of numbers.

2. Lincoln, a blue dog, is still a democrat even though in name only.

3. Lincoln is from a strongly conservative constituency.

4. Replacing her with Bill Halter would have ended up as a beautiful gift to the GOP!

5. Look at Scott Brown for example . . . who would have ever thought Ted Kennedy's seat would ever be held by a republican?

6. Sometimes its better to support a candidate purely on the basis of the assurance that such is electable in a GENERAL election (remember the elections dont end in the primary) . . .

7. this is why the RNC backed Mike Castle in Delaware. Conventional wisdom states O'Donnell is the more conservative of the two but her far right views will undermine her especially with key independent voters!

Seriously, its not that hard to understand the strategy behind several of this decisions . . . its easier though to sit on our thrones at home crying about disappointing the base.
Re: The Palin Effect by thameamead(f): 10:30am On Sep 25, 2010
davidylan:

Lets even assume for 2 secs that the present backlash has ANYTHING remotely to do with policy . . . who are we replacing Reid with? sharron angle? So somehow the only way to solve our problems now is to put O'Donnell, Scott Miller and other headless, policy-less, hockey moms and demagogues in power?

I repeat . . . Obama's problem is his skin color. Period.

You can spew as much talking points as the TV networks wish . . . the dog whistles are loud and clear.

I do agree with you that his skin colour is a major problem for the Murdoch mafia (Faux Noise whoops Fox News) and the other right wing bast**** but he needs to unite his party and stop pondering to the right, he needs to focus on getting the economy in order and short speeches not looooooooooooog speeches, he should ditch joe biden in 2012 and replace him with Hilary Clinton plus no more parties for the celebrities in the whire house.
Re: The Palin Effect by thameamead(f): 10:35am On Sep 25, 2010
@davidylan, i love the way you write, i wish i could write like you. smiley smiley smiley
Re: The Palin Effect by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2010
thameamead:

@davidylan, i love the way you write, i wish i could write like you. smiley smiley smiley

thank you my sister. I am humbled. smiley
Re: The Palin Effect by preselect(m): 9:41pm On Sep 25, 2010
Hmm David humbled. Breaking news grin

anyway, Dave, let's leave obamas skin color out of this, for now. His low polls are bc he has lost his base. We understand the difficulty of governing but there are things we expect to see.

Guantanamo
DADT---he can use executive order to stop loss.
Healthcare. Ok congress cldnt get public option but why ain't they talking about it? How many democrats are campaigning on it? As leader I expected that he would go out and sell it. Ok check the republicans

they want tax cut for the rich, gridlock in Washington, oppose HCR, they've even made going to harvard look like a bad thing. Why can't dems go and sell thier policies? Poor leadership.

Again, this is my worst, the Shirley sherrord case. Some edited video in fox news, and they asked her to resign without checking it through. Even asked her to pull over in the interstate to resign by text message bc they don't want Glenn beck Yo get into it by 5.00pm. Seriously? How dies Glenn beck affect the white house? Anyone who thinks Glenn beck is serious probably thinks Obama is a Kenyan socialist with Islam as guide, why should WH care what comes out of Glenn beck.
Re: The Palin Effect by preselect(m): 9:49pm On Sep 25, 2010
As per the economy, he promised b4 the stimulus that unemployment will not rise. He said we should take him at his word. Said he should be held responsible. And I'm like, is he sure? It's one thing to make campaign promises but it's another thing to make promises while you are president. I thought, is he so sure? Or perhaps he's become pompous sort of, or his popularity is getting to his head. Just trying to guess. Mr bipartisanship. Spent months trying to get Olympia snowe to vote for health care. Won't be surprised if the bush tax cuts are kept. Lol. These things alienated his base. So he falls in the polls. Some don't see a difference between him and moderate republicans. So why bother? And he fell in the polls
Re: The Palin Effect by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2010
oh dear, pres elect i refuse to believe anyone can be this painfully naive.

pres-elect:

anyway, Dave, let's leave obamas skin color out of this, for now. His low polls are bc he has lost his base. We understand the difficulty of governing but there are things we expect to see.

If his base is anything like you sound then i'm not surprised he "lost his base". I'd even be skeptical if he ever had this base in the first place.

pres-elect:

Guantanamo

you still havent told us where you want him to ship the hundreds of inmates to. Your house?

pres-elect:

DADT---he can use executive order to stop loss.

1. not of serious priority at the moment. You cant all be screaming for something to be done on the economy and crying about DADT at the same time.

pres-elect:

Healthcare. Ok congress cldnt get public option but why ain't they talking about it? How many democrats are campaigning on it? As leader I expected that he would go out and sell it. Ok check the republicans

what would talking about it achieve? Would making it a campaign issue lower your premiums? I'm straining to find the logic behind this.

pres-elect:

they want tax cut for the rich, gridlock in Washington, oppose HCR, they've even made going to harvard look like a bad thing. Why can't dems go and sell thier policies? Poor leadership.

i ask again . . . what has leadership to do with "selling policy"?  In what way has Obama shown "poor leadership"? Because he is sitting back to work on the economy rather than hitting the campaign trail so the "base" can again howl about "poor leadership"?

pres-elect:

Again, this is my worst, the Shirley sherrord case. Some edited video in fox news, and they asked her to resign without checking it through. Even asked her to pull over in the interstate to resign by text message bc they don't want Glenn beck Yo get into it by 5.00pm. Seriously? How dies Glenn beck affect the white house? Anyone who thinks Glenn beck is serious probably thinks Obama is a Kenyan socialist with Islam as guide, why should WH care what comes out of Glenn beck.

Lets not pretend, Fox news is consistently the MOST WATCHED station on cable today, they command a sizeable chunk of the right wing vote. you ignore them and the tea party at your own peril.

Seriously Obama's problem isnt him but the UNREAL expectations of armchair presidents masquerading as the "base".
Re: The Palin Effect by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2010
pres-elect:

As per the economy, he promised b4 the stimulus that unemployment will not rise. He said we should take him at his word. Said he should be held responsible. And I'm like, is he sure? It's one thing to make campaign promises but it's another thing to make promises while you are president. I thought, is he so sure? Or perhaps he's become pompous sort of, or his popularity is getting to his head. Just trying to guess. Mr bipartisanship. Spent months trying to get Olympia snowe to vote for health care. Won't be surprised if the bush tax cuts are kept. Lol. These things alienated his base. So he falls in the polls. Some don't see a difference between him and moderate republicans. So why bother? And he fell in the polls

Yeah that was before they realised how bad the situation they were handed was. Besides they had to contend with a recalcitrant republican party meaning the stimulus had to be scaled back to appeal to our modern day prophets of fiscal responsibility who have no problem handing over trillions of dollars to fight worthless wars.

Everyone knows unemployment is usually the laggard when it comes to improving an economy. I assume the base shld know all these.
Re: The Palin Effect by preselect(m): 10:58pm On Sep 25, 2010
davidylan:

oh dear, pres elect i refuse to believe anyone can be this painfully naive.

by your assesment

If his base is anything like you sound then i'm not surprised he "lost his base". I'd even be skeptical if he ever had this base in the first place.

you still havent told us where you want him to ship the hundreds of inmates to. Your house?
so there are no prisons in american again? maximum security prisons from which nobody has escaped.

1. not of serious priority at the moment. You cant all be screaming for something to be done on the economy and crying about DADT at the same time.
not serious to you and me, but very very serious to a significant fraction of his base. like immigration is serious to his latina base--->the people who gave him florida in 2008

what would talking about it achieve? Would making it a campaign issue lower your premiums? I'm straining to find the logic behind this.
o dave, right now many people believe it is full of death panels. pls listen to people like bill maher who says, and i agree, that american voters are not intellectuals, stop being too intellectual with them, we have a 1000-2000page HCR that nobody has read and an electorate that doesnt trust govt from history and you think they dont need to be educated on it? regularly talking about obama islam kenya socialism has made an increase in the number of people who believe those lies. you have no idea what always talking can do the human mind. lie 7times consistently it begins to look like the truth to the feeble minded . . like many voters

i ask again . . . what has leadership to do with "selling policy"?  In what way has Obama shown "poor leadership"? Because he is sitting back to work on the economy rather than hitting the campaign trail so the "base" can again howl about "poor leadership"?

o dave, ask FDR about selling policy. go read about FDR pls

Lets not pretend, Fox news is consistently the MOST WATCHED station on cable today, they command a sizeable chunk of the right wing vote. you ignore them and the tea party at your own peril.
like i said, anyone who gets his news from fox news can nerver vote obama and obama should not border with those guys, he can as well go and try to win texas or alabama in presidential election. i think he should be more interested in independents who even if they watch fox, will also be watching cnn or abc,nbc,cbs etc

Seriously Obama's problem isnt him but the UNREAL expectations of armchair presidents masquerading as the "base".
now you sound like mr gibbs who would rather attack the ''profesional left'' rather than respectfully disagree on some issues, tell that to the students who volunteeered to campaign in 2008 knocking on doors, and are not happy, go tell them they are the problem, this is democracy, votes win elections, take care of your base without harming the nation, take a look at the republicans who wont even mind harming the nation to tend to their base----->then blame democrats for it grin
Re: The Palin Effect by preselect(m): 11:07pm On Sep 25, 2010
davidylan:

Yeah that was before they realised how bad the situation they were handed was. Besides they had to contend with a recalcitrant republican party meaning the stimulus had to be scaled back to appeal to our modern day prophets of fiscal responsibility who have no problem handing over trillions of dollars to fight worthless wars.

Everyone knows unemployment is usually the laggard when it comes to improving an economy. I assume the base shld know all these.

this is the problem with democrats, you think the voters are intellectuals, these people dont even know that it was under george bush that the banks were bailed out, there were 2 ''stimulus'' packages, one under bush and one under obama. these people dont know that, and u want to tell me they should know that jobs are last to recover in a recession, you think they are economists. i only knew that because i watch cable and listen to some analysts on cnbc. i once gave you a youtube link about protesters who couldnt even spell socialist nor did they know what it meant. you think its only republican voters that think that way? winston churchill said . . ''the greatest argument against a democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter'' how true. so it is the duty of the leaders to explain in plain english how policy will affect him, otherwise another person will explain to them in plain english how a secret plan is being hatched in the white house to bring aliens from the moon to take over medicare and pentagon grin
Re: The Palin Effect by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 25, 2010
pres-elect:

this is the problem with democrats, you think the voters are intellectuals, these people dont even know that it was under george bush that the banks were bailed out, there were 2 ''stimulus'' packages, one under bush and one under obama. these people dont know that, and u want to tell me they should know that jobs are last to recover in a recession, you think they are economists. i only knew that because i watch cable and listen to some analysts on cnbc. i once gave you a youtube link about protesters who couldnt even spell socialist nor did they know what it meant. you think its only republican voters that think that way? winston churchill said . . ''the greatest argument against a democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter'' how true. so it is the duty of the leaders to explain in plain english how policy will affect him, otherwise another person will explain to them in plain english how a secret plan is being hatched in the white house to bring aliens from the moon to take over medicare and pentagon grin

Of course i blame the media. That is why i'm surprised you expected the white house to not take Glenn Beck seriously. All it takes is for a clip of Sherrod being allegedly racist and all the racists have every reason to be more frank about their prejudices.

The media is not here to inform, they are here to make money so dont expect them to report facts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Most Expensive Jet Fighter F-35 Slammed In New Report / South Africa Unveils New Train Model. (pics) / Graphic:: Russian Loses In Ukraine, Destroyed And Abandoned Hardwares. PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.