Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,231 members, 7,807,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! (53448 Views)

Can I Run Flash Share Application On My Blackberry Z10 / How To Make Your Opera Browser Load Faster Even With Slow Connection / My Samsung Galaxy S2 Doesnt Load Up When I Switch My Phone On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by segunjowo(m): 1:53pm On Jun 30, 2010
A friend of mine just came in from Europe and gave me a blackberry storm 9530. The phone was locked to Verinzon or whatever network. I just unlocked the phone and am using it but the problem is if i typed *556# to check my balance on MTN the phone will just call insted of loading to retrieve my balance from database. I have tried other SIM card like Zain and Glo, the same problem, meaning I can't even load a recharge card with the phone. I asked a phone engineer who say some blackberry behave like that from factory. please NL, what can i do? anybody with any idea of what to do with the phone to be able to check my balance?
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by segunjowo(m): 8:28am On Jul 01, 2010
someone pls advise me on what to do with this issue?
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by atilla(m): 9:46pm On Jul 04, 2010
to be honest with u I doubt that the Blackberry service will work on that phone in Nigeria. Most phones from verizon, sprint do not work in nigeria.

however to solve your problem call the customer care number with Mtn im guessing its 555 or 556 then press the number that corresponds to check your balance.

1 Like

Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by n3rve(m): 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2010
Do a battery pull and have the phone boot up in GSM mode.
Turn off and turn on Mobile Network so the phone re-registers and THEN try the USSD codes. You might also try to disable 3G (switch to 2G), Options - Mobile Network.
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by krfalana: 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2010
@sugun i can help for tht but u hav to cm down to my office @ ikeja or call me if u dnt maid to use ur credit, bec all wats u hav to do is jst to change d netwrk and i dnt knemaybe is asking for activation requi, dis my num 08036583370
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by segunjowo(m): 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2010
Thanks Bro. I am really confused now, don't know what to do,
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by segunjowo(m): 2:40pm On Jul 07, 2010
###Do a battery pull and have the phone boot up in GSM mode.
Turn off and turn on Mobile Network so the phone re-registers and THEN try the USSD codes. You might also try to disable 3G (switch to 2G), Options - Mobile Network.

@ Nerve? pls which of the USSD codes can i use? disabling 3G doesn't help either,
I route a call to MTN customer service. they said for me to bring the phone for configuration for 5k/month. na wa oh! after unlocking the phone with 5k@otigba, shld i still go ahead to MTN, ? the promised that after the configuration, i will be able to check my balance and load card and even browse internet,
pls what do i do?
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by Suntemi(m): 9:49am On Jul 08, 2010
send it to krfalana he can do tht 4 u
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by Iamgood(m): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2010
Hia just dail 180, then when it's connected then dail *556#. bingo.

1 Like

Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by segunjowo(m): 9:55am On Jul 09, 2010
@ I am good. thanks that worked. i hope loading a card will follow the same trend, otherwise kindly let me know what to do as to that. thanks so much.
guys thanks so much for this,
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by Passworded: 5:10am On Jul 11, 2010
Hey Segunjowo,

Another thing worthy of note is that once you are subscribed to any Blackberry service plan, the glitch is somewhat corrected and you can check your balance without the phone attempting to dial it.

i think it has something to do with the CDMA orientation of the 9530.
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by hansibone(m): 10:35am On Jul 11, 2010
@ all

The problem with his blackberry is not an issue but a restriction sequence induced into blackberry device by Verizon, the only way to check your credit directly is to subscribe for a blackberry service, but you can check and load credit by using the Sim application installed on the phone by your service provider or you dial your customer care center number and you follow instructions.

Please not the said issue affects blackberry device which is made for providers in the united states of America, it does not affect phones made by Vodafone or other network providers.

But why buy a blackberry if you can subscrib for any blackberry service? To me your phone is just junk if you don't use any of the services, preferable if you buy other phoned.

Peace and I'm back
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by angela2006: 8:52am On Jul 12, 2010
this wot to do, go to mobile network on your fone, then change the data network to off.it as happened to me before, but wen ever you want to browse, you ve to put it on.
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by hansibone(m): 9:31am On Jul 12, 2010
Angela what type of blackberry do you use, and what its brand?

First and foremost if you use a Verizon and you do not subscribe for any blackberry service, you cannot browse with your wap service, but if you use a phone by Vodafone you can browse with your wap service. So from what you just said you are hot using a phone by Verizon or sprint.

Thank you
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by angela2006: 9:36am On Jul 12, 2010
i use to ve that problem wen i was using blackberry tour sprint. but ve changed my fone. as for browsing witout payin for the monthly subscription, i dont knw.but i knw dat once you pay for the month, and it expires, you can you ur wap browser to browse, but ur crd reduces.
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by hansibone(m): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2010
Well Angela thank you for saying you had the problem with a sprint phone, but what blackberry phone do you use now and by whom?
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by angela2006: 11:04am On Jul 12, 2010
i use curve 2 now.and its at&t
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by segunjowo(m): 11:30am On Jul 13, 2010
@ all. thanks. day by day i'm begining to get familair with the phone. i recently dug and found that i can load card and check balance going thru my tools on MTN SIMplus under MTN services on the phone. this is in addition to checking it thru call center and following thru.
I still can't browse oh! any idea how i can configure the phone do do this will be appreciated.
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by segunjowo(m): 11:40am On Jul 13, 2010
@angella. Your suggestion worked. thanks. do u use your own to browse now? how do u do it?
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by Fyzt: 2:36am On Sep 08, 2010
Hi, I will be glad if anyone here can answer my question. Can any verizon blackberry if already unlocked to work with T-mobile work with gsm network such as mtn and others in Nigeria?b Thanks in advance
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by smanuel: 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2010
Fyzt:

Hi, I will be glad if anyone here can answer my question. Can any verizon blackberry if already unlocked to work with T-mobile work with gsm network such as mtn and others in Nigeria?b Thanks in advance

Yes you can use it. once unlocked. But like they said in the previous threads, you can not use your wap browser. Only if you are on BIS. Which is what you use a blackberry for. Blackberrys are not just a phone. It takes up to 4 mins to boot up a blackberry, which other phone you know does that. Its like a mini computer. You use it for push emails, BBM and etc. If you need to you it just for calling, please use another phone, cause you will be under utilizing the device.
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by Babsded: 11:08am On Oct 16, 2010
Hey pple. Wat do I do to a BB Verizon 9530 Storm dat has the same issue of checking/loading credit but uses Zain SIM Card.
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by Yababoy(m): 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2011
Please I need help also I have d same problem of not been able to check balance and load credit also. Im using a BB Verizon 9530 Storm but with a Glo SIM Card
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by unclesamtech(m): 4:14am On Jan 20, 2011
segunjowo:

A friend of mine just came in from Europe and gave me a blackberry storm 9530. The phone was locked to Verinzon or whatever network. I just unlocked the phone and am using it but the problem is if i typed *556# to check my balance on MTN the phone will just call insted of loading to retrieve my balance from database. I have tried other SIM card like Zain and Glo, the same problem, meaning I can't even load a recharge card with the phone. I asked a phone engineer who say some blackberry behave like that from factory. please NL, what can i do? anybody with any idea of what to do with the phone to be able to check my balance?

l have the solution; just call me on 08033955343. l will tell you what to do FREE of charge
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by segunjowo(m): 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2011
^^^^
thanks.
I have since dropped my blackberry for Nokia E72- da bomb. I appreciate ur comment. kindly drop ur idea on the thread so other NLanders can benefit from it having same problem.
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by remmy007(m): 9:46am On Jan 21, 2011
@users,try this: go to setup on your mobile homepage, click on option, click the mobile Network option, check the roaming option, ensure its OFF. Hope this works!
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by taiwodrwj: 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2011
pls my mtn-branded bb curve 2 is not connecting on my airtel sim pls wot do i do?
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by samceen: 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2011
Hi all, I was having the same problem when, ma friend's sister got a blackberry storm 2 from UK, it's a verizon make, I couldn't check acc balnace having tried many configs, so when I changed the network mode to 3G & 2G, from Options - Mobile network - Mobile Technology, set to GSM/UTS, then 3G & 2G, it worked, §ơ̴̴̴̴͡ mayb U̶̲̥̅̊ culd do Đ‎at̶̲̥̅ too. wink
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by Andrew3(m): 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2011
the 9530 is cdma and gsm enabled, all you have to do is disable cdma and set it in gsm mode, reboot and all is done.

1 Like

Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by dming(m): 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2011
::Andrew:::

the 9530 is cdma and gsm enabled, all you have to do is disable cdma and set it in gsm mode, reboot and all is done.
@Andrew How do you disable CDMA?
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 07, 2011
It simple with an mtn Sim card inserted go to network options click d blackberry botton to show secondary options clock diagnostic test click d blackberry botton again and press RUN allow it to activate and you will never have a problem checking or loading airtime again let me know if it works for you

1 Like

Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by smyross: 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2012
segunjowo: someone pls advise me on what to do with this issue?

Hi,

Save your precious time unlock your blackberry instantly (within 5 minutes)on gsmblackberry.com, Instant use any network cards in your blackberry cellphone..

thanks.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hacker Group, Anonymous Takes Down Glo Website / MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package / Plz Help Me.how Do I Subscribe To A Bb Plan On A New Tecno N7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.