Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! (53449 Views)

Can I Run Flash Share Application On My Blackberry Z10 / How To Make Your Opera Browser Load Faster Even With Slow Connection / My Samsung Galaxy S2 Doesnt Load Up When I Switch My Phone On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by sincere22k(m): 1:51pm On May 03, 2012
hye to all Stormer friends!

forget all those japs these guys have been telling u about 3G, UTS, CDMA GSM mode and the rest. all those cant work.

as long as the phone is a branded product, it does not recognise USSD CODES. either in GSM mode or NOT. Trust me.

Dont panic cos as brainbox, we always get around these kind of things.

Here is

1. First, deliberately dial a wrong number (e.g 9002, 5000 etc..)
2. At the same time while the 1st call is trying to connect, without even waiting to hear network response, pull-up your dial-pad and dial any USSD code you want (eg *556# account balance for MTN) then send.

And Bravo, your account balance displays on the screen.

U got it free. without a dime.

help promote by liking/rating it.

3 Likes

Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by OBILOLIGHT(m): 7:12am On Mar 31, 2013
..i had same problem.....but i changed ma network to 2g via mobile network settings,..it doesn't dial anymore. Try it. U can return 2 global wn u get wat u need. Winks!
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by osmi10: 10:19am On Jan 03, 2014
Pls can any1 help,on how to unlock my blackberry bold5(verizon).my mtn n airtel doesn't work wit d fone.it use to select sim to work wit.guruz in da aos any help?

1 Like

Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by InkosiAndy(m): 2:21am On Nov 06, 2014
AAh!!!! BB dialing insted of sending Command Codes??

Actually the better fix for this is
Dial ##000000 You will come to a screen, In there you want to
change the "Mobile Directory Number" to your number with the
area code (Im not sure if you need the plus) Press BB Menu button..and press save.
The phone may restart if not do a hard reset and thats it..P.S the
"#000000" is only for Verizon

For mo info hit my fb inbox for tanx and other solutionz. Here below is my link to ma profile.
https://m.facebook.com/inkosi.kujalan?ref_component=mbasic_home_header&ref_page=MMessagingEntBasedReadController&refid=12

2 Likes

Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by Ukeachu1(m): 10:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
tanks a lot for this
Re: My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! by bobo65(m): 10:38am On Dec 25, 2015
segunjowo:
A friend of mine just came in from Europe and gave me a blackberry storm 9530. The phone was locked to Verinzon or whatever network. I just unlocked the phone and am using it but the problem is if i typed *556# to check my balance on MTN the phone will just call insted of loading to retrieve my balance from database. I have tried other SIM card like Zain and Glo, the same problem, meaning I can't even load a recharge card with the phone. I asked a phone engineer who say some blackberry behave like that from factory. please NL, what can i do? anybody with any idea of what to do with the phone to be able to check my balance?

Has nothing to do with repair

Only selected Sims can dial ussd codes on cdma/GSM devices

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hacker Group, Anonymous Takes Down Glo Website / MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package / Plz Help Me.how Do I Subscribe To A Bb Plan On A New Tecno N7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.