Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,349 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Returns On Fixed Deposits - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Returns On Fixed Deposits (1791 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria / Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Returns On Fixed Deposits by obidia(f): 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2010
Pls if i fix dep the sum of 250k for a year how much will it fetch me at the end
Re: Returns On Fixed Deposits by whatalife: 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2010
@poster,
return on fixed deposit are really very poor these days. some banks are doing 5% per annum from 5million and above,
so figure out 250k, that will be very insignificant .
cheers.
Re: Returns On Fixed Deposits by dobodobo(m): 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2010
my friend was given 2.1 % on 1 million naira and he quickly withdraw all his money and spend it on business. Sanusi have droped the rate from 8 to 12 % to 1 to 4 %
Re: Returns On Fixed Deposits by dobodobo(m): 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2010
You will be getting 386 naira every month and 4632 naira in a whole year, go and find out and you will see I am telling you truth, even if it will be above that,it can't be more than 5,500 for one whole year
Re: Returns On Fixed Deposits by knice(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2010
A branch of 3 Nigerian asset management bank will pay you over 60% per annum. Why put your money on fixed deposit on the same bank for 10%. Goodbye.
Re: Returns On Fixed Deposits by whatalife: 8:18am On Jul 04, 2010
@knice,
Can give us more information on these your asset management companies because it look like something fishy.
Re: Returns On Fixed Deposits by knice(m): 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2010
Hello, whatalife, nothing is fishy here. Must there be something fishy? It pays to get quality and great information. If someone has information that worth millions for client or would make anyone rich. Would it be crime to dispose it for a little fee. I remember someone calling me a week ago and tells I changed his life for information I gave to him for 3000naira[Recharge card money for me].

Anyway, let me spill one of it:
when I said a Nigerian bank paying well. One is a branch of a Nigerian bank- IBTC/STANBIC BANK. It has branches in almost all the states. It's called ibtc asset management. They pay over 60% per annum. So i still wonder why people are still talking of fixed deposit. Do the calculation yourself  with what you have.This is one of my income stream. Goodbye.
Re: Returns On Fixed Deposits by whatalife: 11:55am On Jul 05, 2010
@knice,
Gone are the days when ibtc asset management pay such, I don't there is any asset management of fund managers that will pay out such % where the market in which they invest are all in the red.
From all my findings ibtc inclusive none can give u even 6% per annum, with the exception of kakawa asset management that i know is currently doing 10% per annum(MPR+4%)
and your fund has to locked up for minimum of 6months.

(1) (Reply)

5 Proven Ways To Get Cash As A Student. / Secret Of Forex!!!!forex Alert..forex Traders Stop Dulling...read / Help,i Seem To Have Made A Wrong Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.