Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. (30170 Views)

Poll: How do you rate the changes, compared to her original look?

I prefer the original look.: 12% (2 votes)
I prefer the new look.: 68% (11 votes)
I'm undecided.: 6% (1 vote)
I've no preference.: 12% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. / Vw Passat Or Audi A4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by octar6: 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2010
hi siena, i really love ur chioce of specs especially for the new ride that is about to be baked.that ride will be a marvel on wheels. congrats in advance you gonna father that child(human).
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2010
octar6:

hi siena, i really love your chioce of specs especially for the new ride that is about to be baked.that ride will be a marvel on wheels. congrats in advance you gonna father that child(human).

Thanks bro! smiley
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by kiretiv: 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2010
Hi Sienna,
I have been trying to get your attention all day, and also for quite sometime. I value your opinions that I had been opportuned to come accross. So I established a thread in your name asking for ideas on my car issue Nissan Pathfinder 2004 LE. The top gasket got burnt, was replaced but the car wouldnt start back after the replacement. The timing has been checked and the wiring also checked, still on the same level. Pls anything you can think of on this issue will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Emperoh(m): 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2010
Siena

What a Dude u are!! U sure are a guru.
Thanks to the almighty for sparing you and giving man kind a chance to see another hand work.
We pray for his continued guidance.

As for the new project, i don't know who is more excited than i am at the moment
I will always watch this space!!
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by lexluthor2(m): 4:50pm On Jul 09, 2010
sorry about ur baby.sh*t happens men.i left you a message on the vw thread.please could you reply asap?thanks sir.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by viperman: 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2010
Sad to see this man. However, i'm sure you bring it back to shape, even better this time.
love-vendor it up a bit this time wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 09, 2010
viperman:

Sad to see this man. However, i'm sure you bring it back to shape, even better this time.
love-vendor it up a bit this time wink

It'll be a very different project, and the results will be surprising, keep watching! wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 09, 2010
lex-luthor:

sorry about your baby.excreta happens men.i left you a message on the vw thread.please could you reply asap?thanks sir.

Thanks buddy. Which thread is it? Please post a link, and I'll respond there.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 09, 2010
Emperoh:

Siena

What a Dude u are!! U sure are a guru.
Thanks to the almighty for sparing you and giving man kind a chance to see another hand work.
We pray for his continued guidance.

As for the new project, i don't know who is more excited than i am at the moment
I will always watch this space!!

We're all here by God's grace, we thank him for sparing us.

I can't wait to source all parts, so the project can go full steam ahead. wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2010
kiretiv:

Hi Sienna,
I have been trying to get your attention all day, and also for quite sometime. I value your opinions that I had been opportuned to come accross. So I established a thread in your name asking for ideas on my car issue Nissan Pathfinder 2004 LE. The top gasket got burnt, was replaced but the car wouldnt start back after the replacement. The timing has been checked and the wiring also checked, still on the same level. Pls anything you can think of on this issue will be appreciated. Thanks

No worries bro. Please post a link to that thread, so I can respond accordingly.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by lexluthor2(m): 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2010
Siena:

Thanks buddy. Which thread is it? Please post a link, and I'll respond there.
this is the title of the thread 2001 Vw Bora For Sale @ 400,000k (Last) and this should be the link if am not mistaken https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=455536.msg6358004#msg6358004.thanks sir.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2010
Lex, I've responded in that thread.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by lexluthor2(m): 8:33pm On Jul 09, 2010
i knew i would get a tight response.thanks sir and goodluck with the new project.i will still disturb u soon oh.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by kiretiv: 6:35am On Jul 10, 2010
Hi Sienna here is the title of the thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-476025.0.html eagerly waiting for your advise. Thanks
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 10, 2010
^^^ Have responded to that thread.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 09, 2010
H'ya guys, it's been a while since I updated my Project thread. The arrival of my beautiful baby girl (13th July 2010) meant things kinda slowed down. Actually, make that "things became static"! cheesy She's settled down to a routine now though, so I'm forging ahead.

I picked up all my body parts from Ipswich Audi, my local dealership. Just need to pick up one piece, sometime next week, it was on back order when I made my purchases.

I also had a change of plan with regards to the wheels I was going to use. My dealership made me an offer I couldn't refuse - a customer purchased a 2008 Audi A8 almost 2 years ago, and opted for a different set of wheels. So, I've ended up with the original set, which just have delivery miles on them, at a massively discounted price. cool

All the body parts have taken up residence in our spare bedroom, my wife's been very understanding, and hasn't quibbled as to why the double bed's suddenly become home to a number of mysterious boxes. I estimate the strip down, preparation, respray in my new colour, and re-assembly will take me at least two weeks, so I'm on the look out for a cheap runaround. My work means I can't afford to be without a car for even a couple of days.

I have also completely torn down my old Audi A4 Quattro B5, and salvaged the 6-speed manual tranny, to replace the 5-speed tiptronic my newer A4 Quattro B6 currently runs. Automatics just don't do it for me, no driver involvement at all.

I'll post pictures tomorrow of ingredients for the transformation. Oh, and the colour's still a closely guarded secret. Keep on guessing! wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by DisGuy: 12:11am On Sep 10, 2010
Sorry about your old car dude, did the you have to buy off the salvage one from the insurance company?

Did you get the 5 door cos of the new arrival in the family, the 3DR A3 look smarter tuned up!

Would be on the look out for your magic, the wheels are huuuuuge!
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 4:00am On Sep 10, 2010
^^^ Thanks buddy. Yes, I bought the salvage back from the insurance company, after haggling the adjusted pay out.

I chose the Avant (5 door) partly due to my baby daughter's arrival, but also because I think estate cars look really cool, when modified and lowered. Besides, there's something about fast estate cars that appeals to me a great deal.

This will be different from my old project - colour will be a lot more understated, but a colour that wasn't available in Europe. It was however available in Canada and North America. Different theme to the old car.

Wheels are huge? shocked The new ones I've picked up are even larger! wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Denn(m): 5:00am On Sep 10, 2010
been on the follow-up of this post since inception, nice tune up concept.

a manual tranny person myself, opted for a manual 5speed E46 recently. it has never let me down and am not afraid to throttle down for full power, direct power-to-wheel transfer of horsepower.

hope the new wheels are full black to complement the color?

just wanna ask if only powertrain mods are being done or the interior will get uplifts too?

good job Siena,  wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by okgerald(m): 6:11am On Sep 10, 2010
You pi-mp your rides by yourself? I dont even know jack about rides but planning to get one soon. All i think about is toyota camry or baby boy . Which one be 'love-vendor your rides'. Something aint right here undecided
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 10, 2010
Denn:

a manual tranny person myself, opted for a manual 5speed E46 recently. it has never let me down and am not afraid to throttle down for full power, direct power-to-wheel transfer of horsepower.
hope the new wheels are full black to complement the color?

BMW E46 are nice cars, can't go wrong with German models. cool

I'm not a fan of black wheels, it blends the wheel to the tyre way too much, making them look like black steel rims without hub caps. But rest assured, they'll look good. I won't use them in their stock form. wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 10, 2010
ok.gerald:

You pi-mp your rides by yourself? I dont even know jack about rides but planning to get one soon. All i think about is toyota camry or baby boy . Which one be 'love-vendor your rides'. Something aint right here undecided

I do my cars myself, yes. I guess the word filter's at work again.  undecided

Sighs.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2010
Another hectic week over, and more time to move my project forward.

As I said earlier, I'm converting my car from 5-speed tiptronic, to 6-speed manual. The parts required to do this are as follows:

1) Audi 01E 6-speed manual transmission (in my garage).
2) Audi 01E 6-speed manual transmission shift linkage (in my garage).
3) Audi 01E 6-speed manual clutch slave cylinder (in my garage).
4) Audi 3,0 manual flywheel (in my garage).
5) Audi 3,0 manual clutch (on order).
6) Audi 01E 6-speed manual transmission mounts (in my garage).
7) Audi 3,0 manual rear differential*.
cool Audi 3,0 manual propshaft*.
9) Audi A4 B6 manual pedal box (on order).
10) Audi B5 RS4 front driveshafts.

You guys may have noticed items #7 and 8 are marked with an asterisk. Generally, automatic transmissions in modern cars are geared higher than their manual equivalents. So, the final drive (differential) though similar externally, have different gear ratios. As my car is quattro (AWD) it has three differential - front, centre and rear. The centre differential is not geared as such, it features a torque-sensing bias, (TORSEN) which varies the drive between the front and rear axles. In short, the drive ratio front to rear can vary between 20:80, 30:70, 40:60, 50:50 etc. Drive will be transmitted to the wheels with the most grip.

When doing a conversion such as mine, it is imperative both front and rear differential match. My current tiptronic final drive is 3,89:1 (35/9). The 35/9 is the number of teeth on the crown wheel and pinion shaft. The crown wheel has 35 teeth, while the pinion has 9. Dividing the crown wheel's 35 by the pinion's 9 will give a final drive of 3,89:1. The 01E 6-speed manual which is going into my car has a final drive of 4,11:1 (37/9). This means I can't retain my current rear differential, as the rear wheels will then be rotating faster than the fronts, which will lead to "lock-up", and catastrophic destruction of the transmission.

The final drive (rear differential) from my old B5 RS4 replica, has the correct ratio to match the 01E 6-speed, but the casing is slightly different to that fitted to Audi B6 models. It has a long extention bolted to the main casing, which the B6 doesn't have. This means the propshaft of the B5 car is correspondingly shorter. Both rear differential casings have the same design, indeed, the B6 has the four bolt holes that would normally accept the extention the B5 cars used. So, I may be able to remove the extra housing on the B5 unit, so it becomes shorter, like the current B6. If this doesn't work, then of course, I can remove the 4,11:1 crown wheel and pinion from the B5 housing, and build it into the differential housing of my current B6. Voila! a matching final drive to mate to the 01E 6-speed manual up front. cool

Generally, in Audi quattro models, there is a slight difference in length between auto and manual trannies. So, the propshaft will be slightly different between both. I'll see what the difference is, after I've taken some detailed measurements, and modify accordingly. Of course, pictures will follow, as usual. smiley
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 11, 2010
I wanted a clean theme for my car. No nasty bodykits. I originally considered the OEM Audi S-line kit, which is nice, and quite easy to obtain on Ebay. The S-line theme first appeared in Britain on the 2003 MY Audi TT, then spread to the rest of the Audi range, with the exception of the Audi A8 / S8 (D2) and Audi A2. The S-line kit consisted of a different rear apron / vallance, front vallance, extended door blades and was finished off with 3 small S-line decals - one on the front grille, with the remaining 2 on the rear door side mouldings. The S-line models were renamed USP (Ultra Sport) in North America and Canada.

I changed my mind, as there are so many S-line B6 A4's about. My unique choice of colour will make a big difference, but something different was called for, in terms of body styling. . .

I've collected all but one of the body parts, for the first stage of my project. The last piece should hopefully, be with my local Audi dealership, for collection sometime next week. I also picked up my new wheels, and they look sweet.  cool Some teaser pictures follow.  wink

My new wheels. These are usual fitted to the 2008 MY Audi A8 4,2L V8 FSI. They measure 9"x18", and are popularly known in the United States as "Flat fives".  cheesy

These will be refurbished. They are almost mint, but I am having between the spokes (recesses) coloured differently, and the faces diamond cut. I have ordered the OEM Audi A8 centre caps.

Audi S4 B6 front grille:

Side skirts:

Rear vallance:

Front vallance:

Centre and side grilles for front vallance:

Centre grille for rear vallance:

Side grilles for rear vallance:

Exhaust tailpipe trims for rear vallance:

Now, I couldn't spend a shed load of money at my local Audi dealership, without getting something "awoof", could I?  grin Dealerships tend to have fancy licence plate carriers, that bear their name. It's purely cosmetic, but I believe they finish off a car a treat. These retail at £12,50 each, so £25 a pair (front and rear). I wanted them but I sure as hell wasn't going to pay for the priviledge, of advertising free for Ipswich Audi! I pried a pair from the parts manager's cold grip:

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Denn(m): 12:10am On Sep 12, 2010
hnmmmm, this is getting tasty.

kudos chairman
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 12, 2010
^^^ Thanks buddy. I can't wait to start the teardown either. cool
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by chika98: 8:54am On Sep 12, 2010
The wheels are massive shocked
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 12, 2010
^^^ They sure are. I put my two-month-old daughter beside one, and she looked tiny! grin
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by chika98: 9:08am On Sep 12, 2010
Siena:

^^^ They sure are. I put my two-month-old daughter beside one, and she looked tiny!  grin

Bet she's gonna learn how to change her tires at the age of 10 grin

Looking forward to seeing the finished product cool
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 12, 2010
Aye, she'll learn the basics of car maintenance. My wife already knows a bit.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by obalions(m): 9:55am On Sep 12, 2010
Hi Siena, I have been trying to get in touch for ages butseems your contact# has changed. I have just sent you a message on yahoo messenger with my number in it would appreciate if you could give me a bell ,please.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 12, 2010
Obalions, I haven't received any messages from you. Could you please re-send? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties / Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? / Toyota Sienna In Road Accident In Anambra, Driver Disappears As 1 Die, 4 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.