Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. (30165 Views)

Poll: How do you rate the changes, compared to her original look?

I prefer the original look.: 12% (2 votes)
I prefer the new look.: 68% (11 votes)
I'm undecided.: 6% (1 vote)
I've no preference.: 12% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. / Vw Passat Or Audi A4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 06, 2011
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2011
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Bruno6363: 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2011
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by satani22: 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2011
thank you siena. just replied to ur response
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by kamikazee0(m): 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2011
Hello Sienna,
Work on your car and invaluable wealth of information you so freely share goes a long way. Keep it up Bro.
I would like your input on an issue with my 2003 BMW X5 (4.4i)
1.The Brake lining warning message remains on after changing the brake pads
2.When i drive, it drives smoothly - gear changes are ok but when i apply the brakes and try to slow down, i get some king of buckling effect (like it's gasping). At first i thought the brakes were acting up but thinking again, it felt like the gear is shifting to lower ones but i'd expect it should be smooth. (Do i need to change the transmission fluid?)
3.My 2000 Volvo S80 (non-turbo) brought up a CEL and after scanning, it says Variable Valve Timing over advanced and something about the Camshaft Reset Valve.

If any part is unclear do let me know, i'd do my best to clarify.

Your advise and suggestion is highly appreciated.

Cheers
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 06, 2011
Kami, as per the brake pad warning on your X5:

BMW brake pads, like a lot of modern cars have sensors, that once broken by the disc (when pads are low) will indicate on the dash. However, these wear indicators are sold separately from the actual pads, and are often over looked when the pads are replaced. Failure to replace them will cause random illumination of the pad wear warning lamp.

Also worth noting, BMW rear pads also have wear indicators, unlike a lot of cars that have the wear indicators limited to the fronts. I would check these too, if they were not replaced along with the fronts.

Yes, the ATF should be replaced, with the correct grade too. You may need to flush several litres through the transmission, as it's virtually impossible to get all the old fluid out of the torque converter.

Your Volvo S80: If you haven't disturbed the timing belt / replaced it recently, then it's very likely you have an intermittent fault with VVT unit / Camshaft Position Sensor. I'd clear the code, then drive over an extended period. If it returns, or won't clear, have the sensor replaced.

Best of luck, let's know how you get on.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by kamikazee0(m): 11:29pm On Feb 06, 2011
Hey!!
Thanks a lot for your response, really appreciate it.
Is there any particular ATF you'd recommend (rating, brand, )? (Saw one at the service center the other day, can't remember the name or brand but it's not the Mobil, Total, type. Will drop by tomorrow to verify.
Definitely overlooked the the sensors, i'm hoping i can get them to buy around. Do they cost much?

Haven't replaced the timing belt (90k + mileage). Was thinking i'd have it replaced at 105k. The Mechanic at the service center did clear it a few months ago but i noticed it when i had it scanned 2weeks ago trying to identify a misfiring cylinder.
I guess i should just replace the sensor then.

Thanks once again.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 29, 2011
Due to change in job, and setting up my business, I haven't kept my thread updated. However, here are a few new pictures. I repainted her, as I wasn't satisfied with the finish. These pictures show the car, with the paint as it came from the spray gun. I still need to flat and machine polish to a high gloss.

I have also fitted my new wheels, genuine 2009 Audi A8 items, in 8,5"x18". I opted for a staggered look, as far as tyres go. Fronts are 235/40x18, whilst the rears are 255/35x18.

Comments and criticism!
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 29, 2011

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 29, 2011

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 29, 2011

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2011

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2011
Will post more, after I've machine-polished her. And more once I've tinted the windows! wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Pweety4me(f): 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2011
^^^Hmm not a bad looking ride, but to maintain that 'baby' na anotha tin undecided

Reminds me of a limo tho
tongue
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2011
^^^ Pweety, I do my own wrenching, so maintenance isn't an issue. wink

How would you rate the changes, compared to her original look?
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2011
Pweety4me:

Reminds me of a limo tho
tongue

Is that more to do with the colour, rather than the physical size?
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by mrmiatanut: 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2011
Hey Siena!
You have some very nice projects. I'm in the middle of building an Audi V8 powered Kit Car. I would love to pick your brain some. Would you email me at charlescwalker@gmail.com?
Thanks,
Trey
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 30, 2011
mrmiatanut:

Hey Siena!
You have some very nice projects. I'm in the middle of building an Audi V8 powered Kit Car. I would love to pick your brain some. Would you email me at charlescwalker@gmail.com?
Thanks,
Trey

No worries bud. Email sent.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by oblo(m): 8:03am On Mar 30, 2011
Nice one sienna, she looks regal, why white if i might ask?
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by infolpf: 10:04am On Mar 30, 2011
Love the White!
Whats the interior? For Audi's I kinda favor the Amaretto Leather interior over White and Navy.
I am searching for a good deal on a 2006 A6 White or Navy, yep with Amaretto leather!
I found one online last week, it was outside of Atlanta, before I could get off my backside to go test drive, it was gone!
I'll post pics when I finally find one.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by mastro: 10:37am On Mar 30, 2011
hmm not to sure about the staggered tyre look, prefer same profile all round, it just doesn't look quite right IMO, something about the way they fill the wheel arches differently, and my eyes preferring that if there is a difference the rear arches should be fuller.

lovely looking car.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Pweety4me(f): 6:05pm On Mar 30, 2011
Siena:

^^^ Pweety, I do my own wrenching, so maintenance isn't an issue. wink

How would you rate the changes, compared to her original look?

Lol i originally thought it was a car for sale, b4 i actually read the thread. tongue

It's look good na, d oda 1 wasn't dat bad b4 na, u could ave still manage am?
tongue

Siena:

Is that more to do with the colour, rather than the physical size?

The colour & the look o. . .can't u see d resemblance?

Althiugh your car is more finer dan a limo
smiley

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 30, 2011
Pweety4me:

Lol i originally thought it was a car for sale, b4 i actually read the thread. tongue

It's look good na, d oda 1 wasn't dat bad b4 na, u could ave still manage am?
tongue
The colour & the look o. . .can't u see d resemblance?

Althiugh your car is more finer dan a limo
smiley

Awww! Thanks, Pweety. smiley

Not sure if you're aware - this is the same car as the blue one. Just different colour, side skirts, front and rear valences, tailgate spoiler and Audi S4 grille. Oh, and bigger wheels, of course.

And yes, she's for sale, as I need a larger car. smiley
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Pweety4me(f): 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2011
Siena:

Awww! Thanks, Pweety. smiley

Not sure if you're aware - this is the same car as the blue one. Just different colour, side skirts, front and rear valences, tailgate spoiler and Audi S4 grille. Oh, and bigger wheels, of course.

And yes, she's for sale, as I need a larger car. smiley

Wait how many r dere were dere?i saw a orange looking 1 cheesy

Ok u need more space 4 sienna abi?or is there gonna be Siena jnr?
shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 30, 2011
mastro:

hmm not to sure about the staggered tyre look, prefer same profile all round, it just doesn't look quite right IMO, something about the way they fill the wheel arches differently, and my eyes preferring that if there is a difference the rear arches should be fuller.

lovely looking car.

I love the staggered look. Obviously, as with most cars, the front wheel arches are bigger. Staggered set-up is popular in the US, most folk will lower the car to make the gap in the wheel arches tighter.

It also makes a front-biased 4WD handle better, more neutral, as the wider rubber at the rear will cancel out most of the understeer, bringing handling closer to that of a RWD, or rear-biased 4WD (oversteer).  smiley
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 30, 2011
Pweety4me:

Wait how many r dere were dere?i saw a orange looking 1 cheesy

Ok u need more space 4 sienna abi?or is there gonna be Siena jnr?
shocked lipsrsealed

The orange one was my previous project, which was written off last year (details on page 1). The blue one on page 1 evolved into the white 1.

Definitely more space, in the shape of a German SUV. . . wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Pweety4me(f): 7:25pm On Mar 30, 2011
^^O yea dat 1 looked a bit boring tho . . . tongue

I was refering to the juicy orangy 1. . .anyhow wat a 'swan' like transformation!
cheesy tongue
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by chyjoke1(m): 7:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
hi siena, pardon me for invading your thread. Please i recently bought a 2010 toyota camry CE model and also bought the keyless remote there. when the car arrived and they successfully programmed the key however the each time they try to programme the remote it will come up with the error massage "ECU DISCONNECTED" . please i need help on what i need to do or buy to be able to programme the remote control.
thank you for ur urgent response. Sorry once again for invading your thread.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by trisurface: 8:34am On Mar 31, 2011
@Siena,
Lovely looking Ride.
I prefer Black Meself, But I wont hold Ur white against ya!
Still wanting to bounce that Idea I got off You,Siena.
I can B reached on rnvtia@yahoo.com.
Would appreciate a Private email address from U.
Expectant.
Danke
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 31, 2011
^^^ Trisurface, email sent.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by chyjoke1(m): 9:17am On Mar 31, 2011
Ay help sir. My email address is chizzycj@gmail.com if you will prefer to speak with me outside of your thread. Apologies
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 31, 2011
chyjoke1:

Ay help sir. My email address is chizzycj@gmail.com if you will prefer to speak with me outside of your thread. Apologies

Sorry, didn't see your original query.

The keyless remote you bought for your car - was it a genuine Toyota item? And right now, does it actually start the car, but fails to unlock the car with the remote buttons?

Because there are two elements to programme - the transponder (IMMO) and remote lock / unlock.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties / Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? / Toyota Sienna In Road Accident In Anambra, Driver Disappears As 1 Die, 4 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.