Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:20 AM

40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos (4067 Views)

Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash / Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market / Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by djay4: 8:20am On Jul 01, 2010
ABOUT 40 people were injured in Lagos, on Wednesday, during a clash between some Yoruba youths and Hausa settlers between the Marine Bridge and Ijora-Badia areas of the state.

The cause of the mayhem could not be immediately ascertained, as the neighbourhood was in confusion, causing residents to flee the vicinity.

Nigerian Tribune, however, gathered that no sooner than the riot broke out that a detachment of anti-riot policemen was dispatched by the Lagos State police command to dislodge the rioters.

It was further learnt that some of the feuding parties were also said to have been arrested, while normalcy had been restored in the area.

Unconfirmed report, however, said the crisis started between two men (Hausa and Yoruba), who were allegedly fighting over perceived injustice and partiality against one of the Northerners.

Efforts to confirm the number of casualties and people arrested at the scene of the fracas from the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr Frank Mba, did not yield results, as his GSM phone was switched off up till the time of filing this report.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/7639-fg-accessed-only-55-of-edf
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by djay4: 8:25am On Jul 01, 2010
Why would the don't ever leave in peace with their host state and community anywhere in Nigeria.

This set of people are really trouble makers. If the Hausas have wealth of this country, they will glad that the country disintegrate .

Hausas live us alone
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by olabukola: 8:29am On Jul 01, 2010
Living in BONDAGE.
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by roots: 8:55am On Jul 01, 2010
Kaduna na dem, Lagos na dem, Plateau na dem etc. Na wah!
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 9:15am On Jul 01, 2010
What kind of tribe is this_Hausa? The best thing they can offer is Violence!
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by Ikengawo: 9:54am On Jul 01, 2010
Even look at the world cup

Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by AloyEmeka5: 10:04am On Jul 01, 2010
[size=16pt]Aboki again? One week one trouble.[/size]
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by roots: 10:12am On Jul 01, 2010
These guys are animals and they proud of it.

I think is time that someone needs to inflicted terror in their life so that anywhere they go, they will respect their host community. They feel they have the monopoly of violence, goats.
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by AloyEmeka5: 10:22am On Jul 01, 2010

Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by AloyEmeka5: 10:24am On Jul 01, 2010

Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by AloyEmeka5: 10:25am On Jul 01, 2010

Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by AloyEmeka5: 10:26am On Jul 01, 2010

Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 10:31am On Jul 01, 2010
Laughing out loud
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by Akanbiedu(m): 10:33am On Jul 01, 2010
I just hope Nigeria will not go the way of Rwanda.
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by djay4: 2:09pm On Jul 01, 2010
chei, dis tin to much, my stomach go ohh!!! somebody for nairaland, help me oohhh!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I go die oohh!!!!!
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by yemmight(m): 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2010
I hope police will curtail this b4 it spreads to other part of the state coz abokis are terrible ooo
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by Crownvilla(m): 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2010
@ Aloy-Emeka,

You are too funny!!!! Thanks for making my day!!!!! grin grin grin

But abegi, leave Kaita alone; de yeye boy don suffer enuff since he committed that calamitous (or should that be kaitamiotous) Kaitastrophy!
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 01, 2010
Aloy, bad 'boy' grin grin grin grin
Na so u start dat mapomeji cartoon too grin grin
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by oderemo(m): 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2010
alloy,u are mad bwoy.
your cartoon run.lol
can we have one on religion?
make una no shop my head oh. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by MeAboki(m): 4:24pm On Jul 01, 2010
Unconfirmed report, however, said the crisis started between two men (Hausa and Yoruba), who were allegedly fighting over perceived injustice and partiality against one of the Northerners.

[quote][/quote]

Even though the root cause of the problem was clearly suggested in the story, yet some posters are only too quick to conclude and without confirmation start blaming the hausas.
Haba, what has happened to objectivity and fairness?

@ Aloy Emeka, I know you are a tribalist and hate my people with a passion. However, on this ocassion I have to forgive you; because this your cartoon is just too much, cant stop laughing grin grin grin

But next time , there will tribal war if you dont stop abusing my people , abi you dey craze? grin shege dan iska grin
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by OAM4J: 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2010
Aloyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you got really cracking especially with the coach comment 'ope o at least them no go blame me if we lose the match' grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by ud4u: 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2010
:-x
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 01, 2010
Nearly fell into their hands on my way to Apapa yesterday. Got quick info, and had to take another route. Still saw crowds from far.
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by AloyEmeka5: 1:43am On Jul 02, 2010
Jarus:

Nearly fell into their hands on my way to Apapa yesterday. Got quick info, and had to take another route. Still saw crowds from far.

Thank God.
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by MrFire: 1:51am On Jul 02, 2010
Here is one Aloy guy taking credit. Those photos are moving around yahoo emails since two weeks now and you are being praised for another's job
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by bkbabe99: 2:09am On Jul 02, 2010
Mr Fire:

Here is one Aloy guy taking credit. Those photos are moving around yahoo emails since two weeks now and you are being praised for another's job

Lol. I almost said the same thing/ Notice he wasnt even humble enough to cite the source to those thinking he was the author. Lol. Typical ibo man!
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by ikamefa(f): 2:40am On Jul 02, 2010
hahahahaha

not really a fan of football

but this cartoon had me laughing so hard!

the source don't matter! this is a good one " grin "
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by Nobody: 2:41am On Jul 02, 2010
The friction just keeps growing day by day at the expense of innocent lives.
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by EzeUche(m): 3:05am On Jul 02, 2010
Aboki bringing the fight to the Yoruba. I advise my Igbo brethren to sit on the side in watch these once allies kill each other.  grin
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by AloyEmeka5: 3:09am On Jul 02, 2010
EzeUche:

Aboki bringing the fight to the Yoruba. I advise my Igbo brethren to sit on the side in watch these once allies kill each other.  grin

What kind of man wants his potential in-laws massacred?
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by Nobody: 3:10am On Jul 02, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

What kind of man wants his potential in-laws massacred?
The boy can be so childish. What an ignoramus statement.
Re: 40 Injured As Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos by EzeUche(m): 3:11am On Jul 02, 2010
Sharrap!

I think this be divine justice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

GEJ Orders Defence Chief To Take Over Security In Jos / Audu Ogbeh's Letter To Obasanjo; Lest We Forget. / Breaking News: INEC Card Readers Expose Electoral Fraud In Akwa-ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.