Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia (48735 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by AMG: 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2010
Medlabgirl

Before i ask any question,i will like to commend you for a great things you are doing, i really cherish information,God bless you.

My question; Is it possible to come there as a visitor and then apply for study permit in Buffalo,USA? Am confuse about this because some said it is possible and some said it is not, please i want to know.

Secondly, i want to send you a mail to ask for a question (personal)

Thanks
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by Hotstepper(f): 1:19am On Jul 22, 2010
@AMG, it depends on your status in your country of residence. If you have no status, you have to apply in your native country.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by JagaJaga1: 2:11am On Jul 22, 2010
mikkyangel:

Medlabgirl,
                U too much jaree,thanks alot your the info u have given us, British Columbia has consistently been ranked as the number one City  in the world to live in,as Stated by UN,  in the last 2 to 4yrs and i do not dout your post, 

U said something that caught my attention, "once u are in,u are in",, i like those words,and i hv witnessed men go in and become voicemails there.So i would appreciate u find time to throw more light on Tourist visa thing and the extension palava,cos thats the fastest means of getting in  shd one decide to embark of the canadian jamboree.

Only last saturday 2  occupations (which are my area of  specialization and that of my younger brother) were removed frm the federal skilled thing,(e just b like say them dey whinch hunt us) living me with no choice than to get into canada via tourist visa

, pls send me a mail on mikkyangelo2@yahoo.com so we can discuss, (on phone and skype),[/b]Am currently in America(5weeks) on a tourist visa[b] but found some intresting bizness here which i hv started.On the contrary i thnk i may feel more relaxed in canada doing same type of  bizness while am waitng to get a positive  response shd i go for a change of my immgration status." Canada is where my heart lies, cos its easier to bring my pple in once am settled,and settling is faster, I"LL EXPECT your MAIL

Opad there is absolutiy  no free tuition fee for schools in Canada and Poland, u must drop something( serious cash), if u wanna get educated especially in canada.

Do you still say you have a 2 year visa, if yes what type of visa were you issued
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by AMG: 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2010
Hotstepper

Thank you!
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by mylove007: 11:45am On Aug 13, 2010
House,
Please where is Sis Medlabgirl? I hope she is fine, Am worried ooooooooooooo cry
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by crown22: 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2010
Progress please
I am really enjoying the discussions here
Medlabgirl,we miss u.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by dustydee: 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2010
does one need GRE to get intop canadian schools for masters?what are the prospects for an IT/telecom engineer?please reply.thanks.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by jookco(m): 7:22am On Oct 12, 2010
Hello Medlab,

I have taking time to read your tread on nairaland about coming to Canada, first of all I want to thank you so much for the information, you really tried to explain the thing to us
as a matter of fact I dey N.Y Yankee.

I don dey make contact of person we go fit carry me enter Cano to chop adoro there but to be frank with you I don't know the procedure, so I want know weather you feat explain na to me in more detail, so I go dey prepare before cumming, and moreover last two months I was Seattle Washington and I think I saw that highway 5 from there take me strait to BC but i no come no weather i go dey easy to enter from there.

I dey expect your reply.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by Real14all: 11:02am On Oct 12, 2010
Please house, how many months is the processing time for manitoba permanent nominal program?
Please wots the detail process
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by Medlabgirl: 6:51am On Jan 10, 2011
Na wa for me sef; sorry everyone for my long hiatus. I had, and still have too much going on right now. My sister and her daughter moved here, and my brother moved elsewhere, I had to go help get him settled. I have been travelling like crazy. Prior to that, I had an incident with a HIV Pos patient, in which my pathologist and I got exposed, and we both had to get anti-retroviral treatments for 60 days, (not funny!!!!, made me sick as hell, but that's another story.) I even had to cut down on work by two days a week, and I am no longer accepting any night shifts, at least till further notice, and night time was when I made most of my contributions on here.

The worst really is that Immigration matters keep evolving as we all know, and I have not kept on top of my reading regarding them, so I would prefer not to give any advice\information as it may be outdated, and hence inaccurate.

However, due in part to my researching a lot of the questions that were asked on this forum, I have developed an even greater interest in immigration, settlement and integration into Canada matters, and I am prayerfully considering the possibility of consulting on immigration, as per making some money off of this since I enjoy doing it anyway wink

I hope you good people are doing well, and looking towards great things this year. I'll be back as soon as I'm able.

Thanks
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by chika98: 8:08am On Jan 10, 2011
^^ Scary stuff being exposed to blood born pathogens. Good to see things are sorted. Us health care workers have be really careful when it comes to things like that. I guess all those OSHA trainings come in handy. Get better soon!
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by DejiDunni: 10:52am On Jan 10, 2011
I really appreciate you my sister, you are such a wonderful fellow for sharing all this, May God also help you in all your ways (AMEN). I am an Oracle Dba trained here in Nigeria (NIIT), I work presently in African Petroleum Plc as an Oracle Apps Dba& System Administrator. I applied for the highly skilled immigrant program in 2008 February precisely and got an acknowledgement that my application was received and under processing, I am married with one kid. My questions are this:

1) How long do I wait for the processing of my application?

2) Is it worth waiting for, for that long period?

3) How lucrative is the IT in Canada especially Oracle?
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by siggraph: 2:28am On Aug 23, 2011
@Medlabgirl,
Its nice to hear from someone living in Vancouver, Canada. I got into Vancouver, BC a few weeks back to present at an Autodesk instructor programme at the Vancouver Film School.I really didnt want to come to Canad cos I didnt know anyone in Canada, but Autodesk Inc. insisted Canada was the best place for me. So here I am now all alone. Av been staying in downtown, Vancouver for weeks now and am yet to meet a single Nigerian, just a few cute Ghanaian babes at the church. My new friends av mostly been colleagues at the film school. Please I will like to get in touch with you or any other Nigerian here in Vancouver. Am still around for a while.

True to what you said, British Columbia is kul, beautiful and very few blacks here, and loads of tourist attractions. Am loving it and being d only African and only Female Autodesk Instructor here, the friendliness is awesome all around. No boring moments yet. However, I will still like to hook up with my naija pple here in British Columbia. Feel free to email me on folakearemu@yahoo.com
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by ojdollars(m): 11:59am On Aug 23, 2011
@Medlabgirl , Anything you lay your hands to do, shall prosper. All you find to do, shall know nothing like set back or failure. You shall be greater 1 million times to your Peers. God will increase you in Wisdom and Knowledge. The Wisdom of King Solomon has nothing to do with the age of Methusellah. God will bless you until you cry out that this is too much. You shall never know lack, your barns will be filled. You shall receive unlimited favor, Canadian govt would want to reckon with you in the future. You shall be successful in everything you do. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUCH A WONDERFUL INFORMATION YOU SHARED WITH YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS. KNOW THIS, YOU LABOUR WILL NOT LOST. GOD BLESS YOU MY SISTER. I WILL BE SPENDING MY HOLS IN S.A NEXT MONTH, ANYTIME I VISIT CANADA, I WILL GIVE YOU A SHOUT OUT, ATLEAST BUY YOU A DRINK. I AM SCREAMING, YOU ARE TOO GOOD. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ON BEHALF OF ALL MEANINGFUL AND GOOD NIGERIANS.

4 Likes

Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by Lenzo(f): 11:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
@medlabgirl thank you for taking your time to enlighen us. It is really appreciated. Please i am a biochemist and i would like to upgrade my career to a postgraduate ,graduate diploma or certificate this winter or spring session to any of this,a biotechnologist, public health practicioner, a forensic scientist and finally an enviromental health officer please which of these field wud b highly recommended in BC and canada as a whole after d course and secondly please where do u recommend i study the course(i mean the particular province). Please others with contributions would b appreciated.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by ojdollars(m): 12:33am On Aug 24, 2011
@Lenzo , Are you already in Canada or Still in Nigeria and want to make a Choice of school to apply for in BC or any other Province. You have to state that for the House to be able to give you good advice and direction, cause you are sounding like you already in Canada with a Visiting Visa. Have a great morning
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by Lenzo(f): 8:39am On Aug 24, 2011
Thank you 4 ur response but No am not in canada yet but am intending to come over this winter. i need suggestions please. Thanks.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by mikkyangel(m): 12:40am On Aug 25, 2011
Study I
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by mikkyangel(m): 12:45am On Aug 25, 2011
STUDY IN
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by ojdollars(m): 2:00am On Aug 25, 2011
Lenzo:

Thank you 4 your response but No am not in canada yet but am intending to come over this winter. i need suggestions please. Thanks.

@Lenzo , Please go to www.mun.ca - Expensive School Shall
www.kingsu.ca - King University Canada - Christian and Affordable School.
Or better still google the Canada Education Website and look for schools, if you need any personal help as per how to go about anything about this Canadian schools, then leave your email. I would send you some more information and how to apply for your visas especially successfully for free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by Kaitegwu: 7:10am On Aug 25, 2011
;d
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by ojdollars(m): 7:29am On Aug 25, 2011
@Kaitegwu  ,   I Have Sent You An Email, do check your email and ask me anything you want to ask me Privately. I am at your Service Madam. Thanks
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by Lenzo(f): 2:41pm On Aug 25, 2011
@ojdollar thanks 4 ur help. Olayoce87@yahoo.com
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by DEELOV(m): 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2011
@ojdollar,thanks we really appreciate u guys effort in enlighten us.
plz i intend coming to canada for an undergraduate studies in Kings university
in which i ve began d processing.
here are my question.
1)is it worthy leaving a unilag skul for?because am presently in unilag bt intend to continue my studies in canada.
2) are there chances of me getting a part-time job in skul or it's environment?
3) what is the cost of living in edmontal?
plz i wuld rili appreciate ur geninue advise on this,cos,i intend
making a urgent decision based on this.
thank you
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2011
DEELOV:

here are my question.
1)is it worthy leaving a unilag skul for?because am presently in unilag bt intend to continue my studies in canada.
plz i wuld rili appreciate your geninue advise on this,cos,i intend
thank you

PLS, SOMEONE SHOULD PLS REPLY DS QUESTION AS IT WOULD BE OF GREAT HELP TO ME, EXACTLY WHAT I WANNA ASK TOO, I'M IN OAU IN MY CASE, STUDYING ARCHITECTURE ND WANNA FURTHER IN CANADA, I LOVE CANADA SOOOOOO MUCH ND DS GOD-SENT SISTER, SISTER MEDLAB JUST MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH CANADA D MORE ND I FEEL LIKE GETTING THERE IN THE NEXT AVAILABLE FLIGHT, LOL
MAY D ALMIGHTY CONTINUE TO BLESS U ND UR FAMIL RICHLY, TO SAY U ARE A VERY GOOD WOMAN IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT, EXCELLENT IS WHAT U ARE ND UR POSTS, wOULD SEND U AN EMAIL WT! Tnx so much, stion.
thank you
[quote][/quote]

PLS, SOMEONE SHOULD PLS REPLY DS QUESTION AS IT WOULD BE OF GREAT HELP TO ME, EXACTLY WHAT I WANNA ASK TOO, I'M IN OAU IN MY CASE, STUDYING ARCHITECTURE ND WANNA FURTHER IN CANADA, I LOVE CANADA SOOOOOO MUCH ND DS GOD-SENT SISTER, SISTER MEDLAB JUST MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH CANADA D MORE ND I FEEL LIKE GETTING THERE IN THE NEXT AVAILABLE FLIGHT, LOL
MAY D ALMIGHTY CONTINUE TO BLESS U ND UR FAMIL RICHLY, TO SAY U ARE A VERY GOOD WOMAN IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT, EXCELLENT IS WHAT U ARE ND UR POSTS, wOULD SEND U AN EMAIL WT! Tnx so much,
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2011
DEELOV, are U on facebook Would like to add U so we can talk berra, I do facebook berra, search 4 'Phemmy Isaac nd add me pls, tnx
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by ojdollars(m): 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2011
DEELOV:

here are my question.
thank you

@DEELOV , Answer to your Question.

Question 1: 100% YES, it's worth leaving Unilag or any University in Nigeria to go and School in Canada.
Question 2: The chances of getting a Job would be based on the fact that you can show a proof that you have been schooling for a while and just intend to take on the Job to support yourself while schooling. So there are 101 chances of getting a Job.
Question 3: Cost of living depends on the type of Houses you want to live, like we have Ghetto and GRA Areas in Nigeria, so it is everywhere, but in a more develop way, that you can compare some of their Ghetto it to our GRA. I meant low housing stuff there, it depends, but i know that cost of living in Canada is very much affordable. Things are not so expensive there, life is very fair to foreigners and everyone, Gbam.

My friends and brothers in the House. Don't try to re-think about going to Canada, is the best decision you can make in your life time. I wish you all Goodluck in your quest for a better and advance education in Canada.
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by ojdollars(m): 10:38pm On Aug 25, 2011
quote author=Kaitegwu link=topic=472150.msg9001563#msg9001563 date=1314252633]
;d
[quote][/quote]

@Kaitegwu  ,   I Did Sent You An Email This Morning, Twice, Can You Please Check Your Email And Get Back To Me. Thank you.
[color=#000099]

@Lenzo , I did send you an email, check and reply. Thanks

@All  ,    There Is A Price To Pay For Excellence, And Commitment Is It. Never Be Discourage, As The Cave We Most Feared To Enter, Contains The Greatest Treasure We Always Wanted In Life.

1 Like

Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by osakajapan: 2:42am On Aug 26, 2011
Vancouver is full of chinese with there poor english

1 Like

Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by ojdollars(m): 6:49am On Aug 26, 2011
osakajapan:

Vancouver is full of chinese with there poor english

@Osaka, you don reach here again? Which one come be Chinese and their Poor English again na? Shuo. This boy, you vex wake up from bed? Hahahaha. Alright thanks again for the great piece of info. Good Morning
Re: COMING TO CANADA??? Choose British Columbia by mylove007: 9:18am On Aug 26, 2011
@ojdollars: Bro, your informative way of approaching to people's issues had been great, i appreciate you. I need to ask you about something as regards "coming to canada", can please send your email address to seun_64@yahoo.com.
Thanks as i appreciate your response. Enjoy your day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Efam: Soldier Burnt To Death In An Accident Inside Military Cantonment / Benin Republic Deports Many Nigerians (Video, Photos) / Which Is The Richest City In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.