Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,287 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. (11419 Views)

Poll: Should the hasty ban be reversed?

Yes: 37% (30 votes)
No: 62% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

U- 23 AFCON: Man City Give Nigeria Conditions For Iheanacho ’ S Release / FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments / Nigeria Will Not Reverse Ban - Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Acutex: 9:21am On Jul 02, 2010
JOHANNESBURG (AFP) -
Football governing body FIFA on Friday gave Nigeria just under two days to reverse its decision to ban the national football team from international matches following its poor showing at the World Cup.

FIFA's general secretary Jerome Valcke said he would meet the Nigerian executive member representing Nigeria at FIFA to discuss the decision.

"Nigeria went too far and Nigeria will be suspended if they don't change their position in the next 48 hours," Valcke told independent Talk Radio 702.

His comments came after Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan banned the Nigerian national football team from international matches following its disappointing first round exit at the World Cup.

Nigeria finished bottom of their group in South Africa with just one point from three matches.

The idea is to overhaul the system to avoid a repeat of the "rather embarrassing" display in South Africa, according to presidential spokesman Ima Niboro earlier explaining the decision.

"You cant allow a government to say all national teams can't play anymore in any international tournaments," said Valcke.

He said the decision to suspend Nigeria would be in line with the governing body's efforts to retain the independence of football from political interference.

"Why should we be so strong on France when they did what they did and we say nothing about Nigeria," Valcke said referring to their
warnings to the French government not to interfere in the infrastructure of the French football regime after the catastrophic performance
of the national team at the tournament.

"We have 208 members…if you have one country going against our statute, going against the football system, the pyramid of football …all is destroyed," Valcke said.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/fifa-gives-nigeria-48-hours-to-reverse-ban--fbintl_afp-fblwc2010ngrfifa.html
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by snowdrops(m): 9:26am On Jul 02, 2010
Goodluck 1 FIFA 1

Its half time. The second half will be played over 48 hours. It promises to be tense, intriguing and action packed.

The grass on the pitch [Nigerians] go hear wheenn for this one grin
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by omar22(m): 10:41am On Jul 02, 2010
Goodluck 1 FIFA 1

Lets see who would come up for air first from down below in the sea
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Acidosis(m): 10:48am On Jul 02, 2010
snowdrops:

Goodluck 1 FIFA 1

Its half time. The second half will be played over 48 hours. It promises to be tense, intriguing and action packed.

The grass on the pitch [Nigerians] go hear wheenn for this one grin
lol
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 02, 2010
FIFA should go to hell.

I really don't know who Sepp Blatter thinks he is? FIFA will soon disintegrate at this rate.

I can not imagine the head of an association that has no sovereignty giving ultimatum to heads of Government. It was Nicholas Sarkozy, now Goodluck Jonathan, next will be Sylvio Belusconi.

If we can re-organise our local league, FIFA can vent all they like. I don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by truly: 11:49am On Jul 02, 2010
We knew FIFA's rules
We never complained about it
I believe that FIFA must enforce its rules as they currently stand

Here in Nigeria, people have been agitating that Johnathan should not appoint INEC chairman
That he should follow the recommendation of the Uwais panel on the matter

Johnathan argued, and rightly, that he has to follow the law, as it currently stands (no matter how much we dislike the idea of a player appointing an umpire - INEC chairman)
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by sayso: 11:52am On Jul 02, 2010
power pass power,we dey watch wetin our saviour GJ go do.Abacha bone them.GJ you get liver?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by saintchux(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2010
FIFA ban us for 10 year if you like. This is super eagles of Nigeria and not super eagles of FIFA. we want to reorganize our country for things to work. Give us a break.

FIFA need Nigeria as much as Nigeria need FIFA.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by dafman10(m): 11:55am On Jul 02, 2010
Fifa shuld go n die wit their ban. Who is Blatter to decide 4 Jona d Messiah? If they dnt get d support of ur govt they wont grant u hosting rights to their competitions. Who be d mugu?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Dunkx(m): 11:56am On Jul 02, 2010
wetin sef
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Olaolufred(m): 11:58am On Jul 02, 2010
To me, FIFA can do their worse.

But Truth is this, " If we don't act now, we will be forced to act later"

After 1994, our footy had been the decline.

If we still keep going this same way, we will in 10 years time be unable to qualify for Nation's Cup.

So let it be known that if we do not act now, we will still be forced to act sometimes to come.

But before the ground swallow the wicked, many golden things would have been destroyed.

Said my own. Se mo wiiiire?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by saintchux(m): 11:59am On Jul 02, 2010
truly:

We knew FIFA's rules
We never complained about it
I believe that FIFA must enforce its rules as they currently stand

Here in Nigeria, people have been agitating that Johnathan should not appoint INEC chairman
That he should follow the recommendation of the Uwais panel on the matter

Johnathan argued, and rightly, that he has to follow the law, as it currently stands (no matter how much we dislike the idea of a player appointing an umpire - INEC chairman)

Nigeria is a sovereign country and if FIFA rule is affecting the unity and lives of the people of this country, the government owe us a duty to intervene, which GEJ did. I love that. Do you know how many people that died in this world cup because of poor performance of supper eagles. Is super eagles bigger that Nigeria? Super eagles exit because Nigeria exist.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 11:59am On Jul 02, 2010
To all the people supporting Jonathan Badluck's ban, let's see if you will be happy if FIFA suspends Nigeria from international competition! I still can't believe that many Nigerians are supporting this ban; it shows that the supporters of this ban have limited vision. No one is not saying that he should not dissolve the NFF, but to go as far as to suspend the National team, he has clearly crossed the line.

He has shown that he is the kind of president who is quick to act without closely evaluating the impact of his proposed actions, and that is a repugnant trait that he has shown to have. He has lost my support.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by DejiYesufu(m): 12:00pm On Jul 02, 2010
I Support FIFA.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by ninny36: 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2010
To hell with fifa. We need least 4 yrs to regroup and build a team. W should not even be allowed to go for the Next cup.
good radiance  to rubbish.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by IRAPADA(m): 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2010
President shd pls ve a rethink o b4 our footbal totally colaspe when fifa ban us
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2010
saintchux:

Nigeria is a sovereign country and if FIFA rule is affecting the unity and lives of the people of this country, the government owe us a duty to intervene, which GEJ did. I love that. Do you know how many people that died in this world cup because of poor performance of supper eagles. Is super eagles bigger that Nigeria? Super eagles exit because Nigeria exist.

You are right that Nigeria is a sovereign country, so Nigeria has voluntarily exercised the power of her sovereign by withdrawing itself from international football. FIFA is also a sovereign organization, and it has exercised the power of its own sovereign by saying you have to play by our rules to participate in our competitions. I hope you realize that FIFA is not the United Nations, and the same rule applies to all countries. So why should Nigeria exempt itself from abiding by FIFA rules?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by princekevo(m): 12:05pm On Jul 02, 2010
But Come to think of it, this ban from GJ is really a funny one. 2yrs ban from GJ + 2years ban from FIFA.Lol!!! Please this our over aged local players with U17 and U21, what are we gonna do with them after 4years without international expirience?
What are we gonna call them by then? I see the same people coming back after 4 years calling them, Old and inexperience player. I think Jonathan is really confused FIFA need to call him back to order.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Olaolufred(m): 12:06pm On Jul 02, 2010
Is this FIFA becoming like God?

because some people's comment nearly places them close to or above GOD.

Don't understand. Or is it a dream?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2010
What the hell does FIFA want? A case of African teams just helping other nations to increase their world cup tallies? A corrupt Blatter that wants to die as the Head of the Governing Body? Remember, when the head is corrupt, the whole body follows. President Goodluck has maintained that his administration will do everything possible to re-organise Nigerian football with or without breaking FIFA laws.

"Speaking with State House Correspondents, Minister of Sports Hon. Ibrahim Bio explained that in government’s liaison with FIFA, the interest and sovereignty of the country would be uppermost.

Bio said: “Nigeria will do everything possible to take the interest and sovereignty of Nigeria first and foremost and if that is in conformity with FIFA rules, so be it.  But if it is not in conformity with FIFA rules, I think the sovereignty of Nigeria and interest of the people is most paramount.”

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=177293

Seconded!!

JONATHAN:  2   fifa:  1
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2010
ninny36:

To hell with fifa. We need least 4 yrs to regroup and build a team. W should not even be allowed to go for the Next cup.
good radiance  to rubbish.

how can you rebuild if you don't compete. Do you know the steps entailed in the rebuilding process? Please state how you can rebuild without competing. Back your assertions with reasoning.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2010
To all the people supporting the ban, please state how you can rebuild a team without competing, and how this ban will benefit the Super Eagles? If not, I will start calling y'all fools, because I have yet to see any supporter of the ban state how the ban will benefit the team. It is apparent you guys are reasoning based on emotion.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by SSaemoenl(m): 12:12pm On Jul 02, 2010
FIFA go to hell, said i say so, Goodluck should contiune the restructure of the bad system, What a hell with Fifa.
Dat we should continue to die while watching our game, Imagine rubbish!
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by dolu2007(m): 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2010

Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by sholademi1: 12:16pm On Jul 02, 2010
Peeps shld realize dt dissolving NFF alone will also amount to 2yrs ban frm Fifa. Fifa will at d end of d 2yrs ban ask Nigeria to restore power to d present NFF members. Therefore, our withdrawal frm Int'l competition for 2yrs isn't bad as we stand a chance 2cleanse d rot in d football house n come back strong after d ban. I'm happy GJ has constituted d caretaker committee to handle d FA affairs 4d nxt 2yrs.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2010
sholademi1:

Peeps shld realize dt dissolving NFF alone will also amount to 2yrs ban frm Fifa. Fifa will at d end of d 2yrs ban ask Nigeria to restore power to d present NFF members. Therefore, our withdrawal frm Int'l competition for 2yrs isn't bad as we stand a chance 2cleanse d rot in d football house n come back strong after d ban. I'm happy GJ has constituted d caretaker committee to handle d FA affairs 4d nxt 2yrs.

You don't know what you are talking about; show proof of how dissolving the NFF alone will result to 2yrs ban from FIFA. You can restructure the administration of the NFF without dissolving it. There has to a process by which members get elected, right? All you have to do is change the process. Have each state vote for its preferred candidate. Remember the last time we were suspended, it was because Abacha withdrew us from an int. competition. Also Togo was suspended for withdrawing its team from ACN. Give an instance where dissolving or restructuring NFF admin amounts to ban
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by LekeB(m): 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2010
Who da hell is FIFA we siad we no dey play again or na by force? if you want to establish corrupt Super Chicken of FIFA then let FIFA bring money to NFF to reorganise and start stealing if fifa will not closed it down.

How can you keep investing and your employer keep still all the money and tells you dont worry about it we are playing by the rules, whos rule? WHO PAY THE PIPER AND WHO IS DICTATING THE TUNE. we are waging war against FIFA and Blatter liers
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by emmydee(m): 12:22pm On Jul 02, 2010
our presido should rescind his decision pls
am sure he doesnt mean that super chickens should not play
but that the present crop of the chickens should not be used.
so he should simply rescind his executive decision. or amend it appropriately.
thats my take.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Kx: 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2010
Does fifa need to warn  nigeria b4 slamming their sanctions?
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by GOZILLA(m): 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2010
GJ shuld not mind dem.4yrs later if the SE comes back strong everybody will be singing a different tune.If fifa like make dem ban us for 10 yrs. lets cleanse our house first.
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Youngichou(m): 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2010
HEHE lol! This is episode 2
Re: Fifa Give Nigeria 48 Hours Ultimatum To Reverse Ban. by Princek12(m): 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2010
GOZILLA:

GJ shuld not mind dem.4yrs later if the SE comes back strong everybody will be singing a different tune.If fifa like make dem ban us for 10 yrs. lets cleanse our house first.

Typical Nigeria mentality--always hoping without thinking and practicing. How will we come back strong without competing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ethopia Vs Cape Verde: AFCON 2021 (0 - 1) On 9th January 2022 / Specimen Picture Of Arsenals New 2008/2009 Home/ Away Kits / Chelsea Investigated For Potential Breach Of FFP Rules During Abramovich Era

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.