Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Starting A Cake Decorating Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting A Cake Decorating Business (3745 Views)

Where In Lagos Can I Find Wholesale Food Colouring For Cake Decorating / Steps To Starting A Private School And Increasing Your Private School's Success / Starting a Bicycle Factory in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Cake Decorating Business by Biabeke(f): 6:26pm On Apr 03, 2007
I am a Nigerian-American based in Atlanta, GA. I am planning on starting a cake decorating business. Can someone please tell me what to do? I will appreciate any opinion. Thanks!!! cheesy
Re: Starting A Cake Decorating Business by mandi: 4:00am On Apr 04, 2007
Call your nearest Jo ann Superstore, they have a cake decorating class for about $50.

Phone numbers here:

http://joann.know-where.com/joann/cgi/selection?state-map=GA&country=US&map.x=235&map.y=98&mapid=US&place=&region=GA%2CUS&option=

More info on Wilton Cake Decorating class here:

http://about-joann-stores.joann.com/pdf/calendar/2005.pdf
Re: Starting A Cake Decorating Business by tolaa: 5:23pm On Apr 04, 2007
Hi,

starting a cake decorating business would be fun but you will need to be prepared to invest a bit of cash in your business because Nigeria does not have the BASIC facilities to support the average cake decorator. You will have to make your own sugar paste and butter. but first things first, do you have any cake decorating skills or are you just looking to start. Secondly how good are you. In Nigeria there are lots of cake decorators but a few good ones. I was in Nigeria last January and some of the cakes i saw were just terrible. so in order to make a difference you have to be relay good.

You will need a lot of contacts and if you haven't had any culinary skills then i suggest you go on a pastry chef's course or do a home study course. To set yourself above the rest you have to offer delicious cakes not just margarine. flour, eggs, and sugar. Also buy some books and practice making almost real life sugar flowers, this is another thing that sets you apart from the rest.

Lastly aim to be the best, be creative and adventurous ready to take on a challenge but good luck and you can contact me if you need any advice. I make a living making cakes in London.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Cake Decorating Business by Biabeke(f): 6:47pm On Apr 04, 2007
Mandi, thank you very much. I will call those numbers as soon as possible. wink smiley
Re: Starting A Cake Decorating Business by Biabeke(f): 6:53pm On Apr 04, 2007
Tolaa, I have been decorating cakes for three years but as a hobby. I just completed my Flower Gumpaste class. I use only the best ingredients for both the cake batter and icing. All of my cakes turn out moist which is what appeals to the general public. I will definitely contact you! Thank you very much for the wealth of information. Smooches! kiss cheesy smiley
Re: Starting A Cake Decorating Business by Biabeke(f): 7:34pm On Apr 04, 2007
Tolaa, how do I contact you? Are you comfortable communicating by e-mail or phone? Please let me know. Thanks!
Re: Starting A Cake Decorating Business by tolaa: 10:55pm On Apr 04, 2007
Sure feel free to contact me.
Re: Starting A Cake Decorating Business by Biabeke(f): 6:23pm On Apr 05, 2007
Thank you so much, Tolaa, but I do not have your e-mail address. grin
Re: Starting A Cake Decorating Business by tolaa: 6:24pm On Apr 05, 2007
its in my profile
Re: Starting A Cake Decorating Business by Biabeke(f): 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2007
OK! I will check your profile.
Re: Starting A Cake Decorating Business by Biabeke(f): 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2007
I have seen your e-mail address.  Thanks.
Re: Starting A Cake Decorating Business by Fertilenigeria: 11:25am On Jul 03, 2015
Have you ever thought of making money from cake decoration business? If yes, see the step-by-step guide on how to start, what you need to start and marketing strategies in this article. All you need is a personal motivation after reading this article.

Click to read it here: http://infoguidenigeria.com/start-cake-decoration-business/

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Trading On Soccer: / Discover how to make money From Snooker Table business. / Soldiers Destroy Two Illegal Refineries In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.