Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,883 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:26 AM

Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN (2206 Views)

How To Use Glo Bis On Android Without Changing Imei / How To Use Glo Bis On Iphone / How To Use Glo BIS On Android Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by diakim(m): 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2005
Smart people use Glo while [I]other[/I] people stick with MTN.

I just don't know why some people still want to stick with the MTN network despite the fact that MTN is not giving anything free to it's subscribers. While Globacom is giving away 35 free Glo-to-Glo SMS and free MMS till September ending to it's subscribers, MTN is giving away nothing. Instead they are just coming up with different adverts everyday. Even VMobile is given out free 18 8 SMS (to any network) to its subscribers every month. MTN has no freebie to give to it's subs, and I don't think it is ready to give out any.

I was using both MTN and Glo's line before. But now, I've stopped using the MTN's line altogether. Globacom has endeared itself to my heart since it started the GPRS service. To me, GPRS has been the best thing to happen to the Nigeria's mobile telecommunication's industry.

Just imagine the convenience and the sheer pleasure of carrying an Internet connection with you wherever you go with your cellphone. And if you are using a smartphone with a wide screen display, then you are in heaven. All these happened because Globacom brought the GPRS to Nigeria. If left to the cartel of MTN and VMobile alone, we will never smell the GPRS in Nigeria till another 10 years. Did they not told us that per second billings cannot be implemented until 3 years? Thank God, Globacom came and delivered us from the the duopoly of MTN and VMobile.

What annoys me most about MTN is that when you recharge with 1500 naira, you will have 15 days validity, but when you recharge with 750 naira, you will have 5 days validity instead of 7 days. This is cheating! And nobody is complaining despite the fact that other networks gives extra days. All because of what? All because MTN has the widest coverage. Give me a break! Who needs the widest coverage? You cannot be in all places at all times. Or are you ubiquitous?

I know this post will raise some storms. What do you think about this?

[I]Visit http://diakim2..com to read the concluding part of this post.[/I]
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by Pinky(f): 10:38pm On Jun 14, 2005
i for one thinks MTN is a useless network apart from freebies o!
but then GLo is not any better apart from MMS, wat nothing good can be said about their network
Vmobile is the best.. though they offer only 8 free sms not 18
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by obong(m): 4:27am On Jun 15, 2005
Glo is nigerian, MTN is south africa. Use Glo
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by Allwell(m): 5:06am On Jun 15, 2005
[color=Beige][/color]
I believe that MTN, GLO,VMobile and Mtel need a good talking to. If they can not provide good service for our hard earned money they should quit the stage for better players in the industry. Whada ya think?
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by debugger(m): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2005
I think Glo has a human face while MTN does not have any. Glo gives bonues for any credit denomination you load. Thumbs up to Glo.

Hope you guys have notice how MTN is treatin Glo. Most SMS from Glo to doesn't reach MTN Lines ...

editor: major editing applied.
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by diakim(m): 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2005
MTN is like a vampire which sucks you dry and leaves you with nothing. Glo beats MTN by far. Just wait and see.
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by Seun(m): 6:28pm On Jun 15, 2005
To be sincere, I think the only difference between Glo and MTN is PR. The people behind Glo Mobile know how to give away lots of freebies and appear benevolent without actually losing any money. For example,
[list][li]They started out with per second billing, which made them look like saviours but is offered at rates which are more expensive that per-minute billing on the long run![/li][li]They are currently giving away 35 free Glo-to-Glo SMS, knowing fully well that most of the time the destination network for SMS is MTN or Vmobile[/li][/list]The list goes on and on, but you get the picture.

Globacom Limited knows how to give away freebies that cost them very little but earn them a disproportionately great amount of goodwill from customers. It's so brilliant; I like it!
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by Pinky(f): 8:26pm On Jun 15, 2005
Allwell:

[color=Beige][/color]
I believe that MTN, GLO,VMobile and Mtel need a good talking to. If they can not provide good service for our hard earned money they should quit the stage for better players in the industry. Whada ya think?

so who are the better players?
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by Angelgirl(f): 9:01am On Jun 16, 2005
Glo has a better business sense than MTN, they understand the need to put customer first, they will eventually beat MTN if they get a better coverage.
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by hotangel2(f): 10:37pm On Jun 22, 2005
All of you should be happy. Do you know that every phone line in america charges for recieving calls? Okay incase you don't know i am telling you. At least in 9ja and jand, when people call you, it's there minutes or money it takes, while here in USA, it takes Yours (the person that called), and theirs (the person that recieves). How sick is that. Think i am joking?? Go to www.sprint.com and ww.tmobile.com You will see that they charge for recieving and calling. How lame is that?? Also, there's nothing like free 8 SMS, unless you subscribe but you gotta pay every month.

But there's one thing i love about my phone (it's sprint), all i do is pay 15 dollars per month and i get free internet, as right now i am on my phone!! Yay. i gota go b4 i slow down my phone's memory.
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by hotangel2(f): 10:38pm On Jun 22, 2005
I don't pay, my dad does.
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by dominobaby(f): 5:12pm On Jun 26, 2005
Pinky:

Vmobile is the best.. though they offer only 8 free sms not 18

Na na i equally use vmobile and ever since their promo i get me 12 free sms monthly!

MTN - [b]M[/b]ilk [b]T[/b]hose [b]N[/b]igerians.

It is just the wide coverage thing that make people stick to MTN, diakim you sure are right, but all other things about them is babardash
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by mamba(m): 7:01am On Jun 28, 2005
I lost my MTN numbers (2 of them) while traveling to Imo state in December via night bus (Robbers collected my phones)
since then, I decided to switch to glo and Vmobile, they are much better than MTN and I've never regretted the switch.

Do you guys notice that MTN always block/restrict calls from glo, that's a bad strategy from MTN (political goats)
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by diakim(m): 5:48pm On Jun 28, 2005
That's a good one dominobaby; MTN: Milk Those Nigerians.

Well, I can assure them, that they are never going to milk me again. Now, I am smarter. grin
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by Greatpeter(m): 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2005
I will do the switching when I discover another network better than MTN but for now they are all thesame except that MTN does not give freebie.
  Internet on phone? I don't think I need it since I have internet in my office. Who cares.

But If VODACOM comes to Nigeria today or Virgin I will dole out my MTN line.
VODACOM made nonsense out of MTN in Sout Africa. It's Nigeria that made them the biggest in Africa.
They are now considering making Nigeria their Headquarters.
Well! I will endure. grin
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by dominobaby(f): 7:42pm On Jul 04, 2005
Yeah right Diakim.
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by vizion: 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2005
i don't like mtn at all they hav'nt done any thing for us nigerians by take our money and go to S.A.
i think we should support glo cos if they do get more subscribers than mtn. then they (mtn) will feel the heat and be forced to give something back
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by Seun(m): 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2005
Related Topic: MTN Lead in the Nigerian Telecom Sector. Do you think MTN is really in the leadership position and do you think they can be overtaken easily?
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by tasteguy(m): 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2005
Really,in Nigeria MTN leads but in no distant tim e Glo will overtake them.
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by snazzydawn(f): 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2005
the only freebie MTN gave was one free sms everyday for just MTN to MTN lines.Ain't that stupid?!!!
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by Farriel(m): 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2005
Like hell it's damned stupid. I'm still an MTN subscriber but I can't complain about most of their services. If they're not giving out lots of freebies, I care all the less. If it's free SMSing, I do that from the Web, and since I spend most of my time in the office - which is hooked up, I don't think I'd want much of any mobile surfing.

Yeah, Glo is doing great, but there are really no innovative customer services on ground from them. Free SMS and extra access days doesn't honestly cut ice with me. There's got to be a whole lot more before I decide to switch to any other network. I've been using my MTN line for two years now and I'm OK with it, until something really awesome is being offered by rival networks.
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by dailydolla4u(m): 12:49pm On Feb 27, 2008
all this things u guys said about glo, mtn, and celtel
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by dailydolla4u(m): 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2008
can this network give us unlimited internet accessin
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by dailydolla4u(m): 1:07pm On Feb 27, 2008
can this network give us unlimited internet accessin
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by fortunes05(m): 1:00am On Feb 28, 2008
Naijas with awuf sense,na wa o ! grin
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by kulex2k1(m): 12:57pm On Feb 28, 2008
comparing glo to mtn, no comparism believe me. mtn is way better than glo!
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by tobs(m): 8:00pm On Feb 28, 2008
@fortunes05 u wan tell me sey u no like awuf u be the king sef grin
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by seguntijan(m): 8:02am On Mar 04, 2010
i think you are wala adenuga marketer the best and most reliable network is MTN the free night call is worth of praise MTN is the only network that initiate it and its still functioning that worth MtN to be given kudos
Re: Smart People Use Glo, while others stick with MTN by luluosas(m): 4:05pm On Aug 24, 2011
At least, I can now use free 200mb of data, for recharging N1,000 glo card. Enough awuf plenty for glo jare, especially now that I am calling all glo numbers @ 2k/s. Glo all the way.

(1) (Reply)

How To Root Tecno Phantom A2 / Airtel Network Down For Past 24 Hours / Meet Clicklight: The Fastest Flashlight App In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.