Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model (4083 Views)

Vivian Nnnebedum Wins Car As She Emerges Most Beautiful Model In Imo / Debbie Douglas Emerges MBGA Winner 2015 / Queeneth Awukam Emerges As Cross River Most Beautiful Girl 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by supereagle(m): 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2010
Eleven-year-old Wendy Olulanu Kasumu has emerged the Best of the Best Child Model of the World 2010 in far away Bulgaria.

The contest, which featured more than 42 countries in various categories, saw Wendy coming tops and crowned the overall winner of the event.

Speaking about her experience at a press conference organised by AJ Trimec, Olakas Techniques, Modela Couture and Powerhouse at City Mall, Onikan, Lagos, Wendy said winning the Best of the Best Child Model of the World 2010 had brought her untold fame. She attributed her triumph to the unflinching support she got from her parents.

Wendy also recalled that representing Nigeria and showcasing her numerous cultures gave her an edge over contestants from other countries.

The father of the JSS 1 student of Jiba College, Surulere, Mr. Olulanu Kasumu, expressed gratitude to God, saying that being the father of the Best of the Best Child Model of the World was the best thing that had happened to his family. But he called on the government for support, because, according to him, ”there are many untapped talents in every Nigerian child waiting to be explored.”

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201007039334360

The Coordinator, Best Child Model of the World, Nigeria, Samuel Orheruata, added that by being the Best of the Best Child Model of the World 2010, Wendy had brought honour not only to her family and school, but to Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by spikedcylinder: 3:06am On Jul 05, 2010
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by anitabest(f): 11:00am On Jul 05, 2010
waaaaaa happy 4 you child. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by skyndyp(f): 11:03am On Jul 05, 2010
Never heard about this contest before.Happy for her and Naija
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by Drunk: 11:08am On Jul 05, 2010
Ok.
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by dominique(f): 11:30am On Jul 05, 2010
why did they have to dress her up in drag? undecided
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by candylips(m): 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2010
cool
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by nellaluv(f): 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2010
Whatever
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by Abduljohn(m): 12:50pm On Jul 05, 2010
i am happy for this small baby. dont worry the sky is your starting point be sure of my vote for u anytime. exploit and shine
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by interestin: 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2010
Beautifull,
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by Travelista(f): 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2010
I'm assuming this wasn't a beauty-based contest.
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by kadman(m): 5:12pm On Jul 05, 2010
Travelista:

Also critically assuming it wasn't beauty-based . . .
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by dolu2007(m): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2010
That's good for Naija. We hope to hear more of such positive news about the Country.

Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by chamotex(m): 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2010
That woman up there is 11?
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by Akwasi(m): 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2010
I was wondering if the contest was held in Nigeria until I saw the first paragraph cheesy cheesygrin. Ehhm one thing, no insults please, why was the girl not pictured on stage? undecided
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by kadman(m): 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2010
chamotex:

Made my afternoon cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by Newest: 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2010
chamotex:

Lets just congratulate her Jor!!!!!

Do u no the representatives for other countries?
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by spikedcylinder: 10:08pm On Jul 05, 2010
And the picture does the speaking. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by DoubleN(m): 12:00am On Jul 06, 2010
What is the whole point of this show?
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by Nobody: 1:04am On Jul 06, 2010
Modeling? Really?

I'd like to see the other contestants too.
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by zmurda(m): 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2010
We don start to de rig ordinary age grade modelling. Later in life, she won't be able to compete with her real mates!
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2010
Did anyone see her dress and design? Ye! This doesnot represent a world class fashion at all! Did she win with this stuff? If so, i think other contestants must have dressed in rags on stage   cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by eonaiviv: 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2010
grin grin grin grin OMG this is hilarios!!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by chamotex(m): 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2010
I don't care what anyone says . . . that woman up there is not 11 years old
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by bawomolo(m): 5:25pm On Jul 06, 2010
kai you guys have killed this poor girl.

runs for cover.
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by naijadiva2(f): 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2010
Travelista:

glad u said it and not me lol lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by maedan(f): 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2010
More than 42 countries participated and she came out tops. Wow. I'd like to take a peek at the criteria that won her the crown. Bravo to the winner anyway.
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by Bidemi1997(f): 8:12pm On Jul 06, 2010
[tt][b]That woman up there is 11?[/[/b]tt]

ROTFLMAO. Yepa my belle dey pain o!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by Newest: 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2010
koastar:

Did anyone see her dress and design? Ye! This doesnot represent a world class fashion at all! Did she win with this stuff? If so, i think other contestants must have dressed in rags on stage   cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

Yea that's y she won, who knows maybe its a[b] Rag day[/b] beauty contest.
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by dominique(f): 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2010
nairalanders wicked o!!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by Spyker: 11:25am On Jul 07, 2010
Everything in this world has turned into a contest. Na wao. undecided
Re: Nigerian Emerges World’s Best Child Model by honeric01(m): 11:31am On Jul 07, 2010
chamotex:

Child model's age just like football age grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking: Mother Bleaching Three Year Old Baby Girl! / Dashiki Wars For The Gorgeous Ladies And Hansom Men / Be Updated: Rock These Trending And Gorgeous Ankara And Aso Ebi Styles (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.