Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Please Help To Solve This Java Problem. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Help To Solve This Java Problem. (1172 Views)

Please Solve This Java Problem. / Pls, Help Me In This Java Problem / Simple Java Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help To Solve This Java Problem. by skoten(m): 12:38pm On Jul 04, 2010
I need someone to do this using java or C

A man just purchased a cd pack containing recharge vouchers. Each recharge voucher has 8 digits. Your task is to write a program to input a list of all the vouchers and output the sum of all digits in the vouchers.

Sample Input

Sample output
Re: Please Help To Solve This Java Problem. by Beaf: 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2010
Can't you just create an array and loop it? angry angry angry
Re: Please Help To Solve This Java Problem. by skoten(m): 9:55pm On Jul 04, 2010
@ Beaf
I already av a solution but pls let me c urs, thanks
Re: Please Help To Solve This Java Problem. by Beaf: 9:59pm On Jul 04, 2010
skoten:

@ Beaf
I already av a solution but pls let me c urs, thanks

Then, you should have posted your solution and asked if anyone could improve or provide something better. Post your solution.
Re: Please Help To Solve This Java Problem. by xtraodinaire: 10:46pm On Jul 04, 2010
lmao!!!
Re: Please Help To Solve This Java Problem. by Bossman(m): 2:25pm On Jul 05, 2010
OP, why don't you post what you have. This sounds like a homework problem to me. You are already on the right track by solving this yourself, because in the "real world" you will need to solve problems yourself.
Re: Please Help To Solve This Java Problem. by JFrame: 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2010
Why do you need alternative when you have the solution.

forums are meant to help with problems.
Re: Please Help To Solve This Java Problem. by skoten(m): 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2010
import java.util.*;
import javax.swing.*;

class Recharge {
public static void main(String args[]) {

int a = Integer.parseInt(JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Enter number of Vouchers: "wink);

int TotalSum = 0;
int sum[] = new int[a];
int div[] = new int[a];
int Voucher[] = new int[a];

for(int i=0; i<=Voucher.length; i++){
sum[i] = 0;
Voucher[i] = Integer.parseInt(JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Enter Digits for the Voucher[]: "wink);
while (Voucher[i] > 0) {
div[i] = Voucher[i] % 10;
sum[i] = sum[i] + div[i];
Voucher[i] = Voucher[i] / 10;
}
System.out.println("\nSum of digits in Voucher is " + sum[i]);

TotalSum = TotalSum + sum[i];

System.out.println("\nSum of all digits in the pack are " + TotalSum);

}

}
}

safe, smiley
Re: Please Help To Solve This Java Problem. by gozzilla(m): 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2010
First you have a nice code there. It actually solves the problem in hand. Right. But if you need to do this for say 100 or even a 1000 voucher how long will it take you to do this. So assuming this is a code for a "commercial " or even a program to help, i think a Japanese calculator will do fine.

So here is your solution. The voucher number can easily be save in a file. Your program will read the numbers from the file.

get a file
read the file
get each voucher(item)
do operation;

Finally, no one seems to want to touch your code cos you ainnt so clear about what you want done.
Re: Please Help To Solve This Java Problem. by greatgeo(m): 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2010
am currently having some problems with installation of java cd any help
Re: Please Help To Solve This Java Problem. by Beaf: 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2010
@skoten

An idea would be to pass blocks (or all, depending on size) of your input data as a pre concatinated string, convert into a char array, iterate, convert to in and sum. You could polish what I given below;

Sample Input

Becomes "000000011000000220000003"

You can convert the code below into a method.

//===================================Code follows
int TotalSum = 0;
String str = "000000011000000220000003";
char[] charArray = str.toCharArray();       
for (char c : charArray)
{
      TotalSum = TotalSum + Integer.parseInt(c);
}
Re: Please Help To Solve This Java Problem. by candylips(m): 8:29pm On Jul 09, 2010
I have added simple error handling to beef's code

U need to have commons-lang.jar in your classpath

//===================================Code follows
int TotalSum = 0;
String str = "000000011000000220000003";
char[] charArray = str.toCharArray();

for (char c : charArray)
{
if(CharUtils.isAsciiNumeric(c)){
TotalSum = TotalSum + CharUtils.toIntValue(c);
}

//TotalSum = TotalSum + Integer.parseInt(c);
}

(1) (Reply)

Time To Scrap My Vb.net Skill? / Need Instructors To Guide Me Through Web Development / Jfreechart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.