Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) (22291 Views)

KSU Female SUG President Donates Bus, Sienna Car To Vice Chancellor (Photos) / The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) / LASU Vice Chancellor Receives Riot From Students As Birthday Gift (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by metromediaboss: 6:12pm On Sep 14, 2018
LASU Academic Staff Union Leads Protest To Government House Against VC

Members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Lagos State University branch, were at the Lagos State Government house to protest alleged mismanagement and impunity by the Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor Olanrewaju Fagbohun.

The protesters, who chanted union songs, also bore placards inscribed with words such as 'Dr. Fagbohun is a political professor'; 'Governor Ambode, set up a visitation panel for LASU now'; 'Fabgohun respect LASU laws and regulations', among others.

The protest, however, ended peacefully according to a statement by the Lagos State Rapid Response Squad on Twitter, which read: "Members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) LASU Branch were at the State House to protest. Our men interacted with them, it ended peacefully and they left us their placards and paper signs".

Fagbohun’s troubles date back to the claim by the institution’s ASUU that his appointment as vice chancellor in 2016 was unmerited.

The ASUU had, among others, alleged that Fagbohun’s professorship was illegally backdated from 2014 to 2007 to enable him to meet the 10 years professorial qualification required for appointment as LASU VC.

However, Fagbohun had said the process leading to his professorship award being back-dated to 2007, started in 2012, at a time he never even dreamt of vying for the office of VC.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/09/14/lasu-academic-staff-union-leads-protest-government-house-against-vc

1 Share

Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by Alejoc(m): 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
This is shame and really calls for action.... With all that Lagos money cool

6 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by Boscojugunu(m): 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
What's happening
Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 6:22pm On Sep 14, 2018
Tinubu sent these pigs to disgrace Ambode

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by BruncleZuma: 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

I don't think so.

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by obaataaokpaewu: 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2018
Ambode that is fighting for return ticket? You guys are the least of his concerns now

10 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by projectorz: 6:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
I'm surprised about this though. I like the VC, cos he brought many changes to the school. All seized results were released. I mean results of over a decade o.

Lets hope issues will soon be resolved.

9 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 6:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
Here in UNILORIN, you dare not carry ordinary placard with no inscription in the school or it's environs. Should you, you are going back to your father's house.

Our SUG is running an AJEBUTTER student Union. WTF!!!

11 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by Alejoc(m): 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2018
Things fall apart.....
Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by Uyi168: 6:59pm On Sep 14, 2018
Looking for another opportunity to embark on another industrial action...

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 14, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

Funny how most Nigerian only see things from politically-mundane aspect, is it tinubu or ambode that is the vice chancellor; they went to the governor because of their believe in him to caution the VC

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by 0balufonlll: 7:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
Rilwayne001:
Here in UNILORIN, you dare not carry under placard with no inscription in the school or it's environs. Should you, you are going back to your father's house.

What Faculty/Department are you in bro?
Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by Alejoc(m): 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2018
ASUU is one of the few unions I respect..... They are very robust in their activities and struggle!

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by Naija2mumu(m): 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2018
Before nko, na church appointment. Abeg make VC settle their issue
Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by bidexolumanish(m): 7:14pm On Sep 14, 2018
beyondthevibes:
It is easy to connect with Brymo on these verses. He fuses deep Afro sounds with intensive connection to his roots. Brymo playing around 6 different Yoruba proverbs properly employed in the lyrics and succinctly pronounced anyway is the best justice to Yoruba lingual extraction in recent times followed only by 9ice in ‘Promise and Fail’. The only thing non-Yoruba in the song is the percussive sound of the trumpet.

Read More>>>https://beyondthevibes.com/music-review-banuso-brymo-tells-everything-about-not-telling-everything/
wtf should we do abt this
Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by money121(m): 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2018
Bad Belle people

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 7:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
0balufonlll:

What Faculty/Department are you in bro?
Ok. I should tell you, so you can track me down because I said the SUG is running an AJEBUTTER union? grin grin grin grin angry

In Buhari's voice: "OBER MY DED BODI" tongue

7 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by imstrong1: 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
Most Nigerian vc are politicians or nursing political ambition
Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by 0balufonlll: 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
Rilwayne001:

Ok. I should tell you, so you can track me down because I said the SUG is running an AJEBUTTER union? grin grin grin grin angry

In Buhari's voice: "OBER MY DED BODI" tongue

Lol you cracked me up. You dey fear?grin

I’m a PG student in the school baba, mans just looking to learn about the environment. You may not recall but my opd handle here was 9jacrip.
Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by barackodam: 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
Rilwayne001:
Here in UNILORIN, you dare not carry ordinary placard with no inscription in the school or it's environs. Should you, you are going back to your father's house.

Lol, let ABU students hear you grin

At least una still get SUG. Half bread is better than none bruh

2 Likes

Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by pheliciti: 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2018
Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by alaamword: 7:25pm On Sep 14, 2018
Hmmmn
Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by Princedapace(m): 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
Most VC are something else. The corruption that goes in universities eh. Naija no get cure..

Check my profile and read my thread on How I make money online if you want to start making money online..
Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2018
0balufonlll:

Lol you cracked me up. You dey fear?grin

I’m a PG student in the school baba, mans just looking to learn about the environment. You may not recall but my opd handle here was 9jacrip.

Hehe I get you. I'm still an undergraduate anyway, MngtSci/Finance. wink
Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by jchioma: 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2018
Na wa!

Ambo get more than enough wahala already to bother about LASU mata ...

Everybody carry your load grin

1 Like

Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by alujonjonkijon: 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2018
lanre fagbohun certinly is a man of history and should not expect the established corrupt academic staff union not to find an excuse to demonise him.God will surely be on his side all the way.this time they got the wrong guy.why his professorship has to be backdated is what he should now tell us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) by israelmao(m): 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2018
LASU and protest are like two pretty puppies in coitus.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Website Hacked At 1:00 Am / 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate / 7 Items Common To Every Student On Various Campus In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.