Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption (38338 Views)

Lady Denied Her NYSC Certificate For Schooling In Benin Republic / Physical-challenge Small Sized Corper Shows His NYSC Certificate (photos) / You Don’t Apply For Exemption Certificate, Says Ex-nysc Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by emmyw(m): 7:55am On Sep 18, 2018
How to Get NYSC Certificate of Exemption | The National Youth Service Corps is a compulsory program for Nigerian graduates. Nevertheless, it is not for all of them because some graduates are not eligible for the one year program.

The NYSC has as established a clear guideline for application and collection of exemption letter for candidates that are not qualified to serve, but many think the process is tedious.

Here is a step by step of how you can apply for the NYSC letter if you are not qualified for the program as seen on the NYSC website.

How to Get NYSC Certificate of Exemption
First, if you happen to fall under these categories of people, you are not qualified to for the NYSC service year.

1.You're over the age of thirty (30) years

2. You have served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or

3. You are a member of staff of any of the following:

The Nigerian Security Organization

The State Security Service

The National Intelligence Agency

The Defence Intelligence Service

He has been conferred with any National Honour.

Procedure for Collection of exemption letter.

For Home trained graduates:
The process begins with the Corps Producing Institutions.

The tertiary institutions attended. The School submits the master list of their graduates alongside with the Senate approved result to NYSC.

A print-out is processed by NYSC classifying those to be called up for service and those to be exempted. This print-out is sent back to the Institutions for verifications and corrections after which they are returned to NYSC as an agreed/corrected document.

With the print-out, the Certificates of Exemption are produced, documented and sent back to the Institutions for issuance to the appropriate persons.

Please note: Collection of Certificate of Exemption for home trained graduates is only done in the Institution of graduation and not in NYSC office.

For foreign-trained graduates
The process begins with the evaluation of credentials and other related documents i.e. International passport.

After the evaluation of credentials the foreign trained graduate is then registered and this is physically done at the NYSC directorate headquarters, Abuja. It is at the point of registration that the classification of who to be called-up or who to be exempted; is determined.

Certificates of Exemption are therefore produced for those exempted from service.

Such Certificates of Exemption for foreign graduates are to be collected at the NYSC directorate headquarters at the stipulated time communicated.

Please note: Collection of Certificate of Exemption is grouped under the three batches of the service year, depending on the date of registration. This equally would be communicated to exempted graduates at the point of registration.

Collection of Certificate of Exemption is strictly with identification such as International passport and the bearer MUST BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT.

Source: https://www.ngschoolz.net/how-to-get-nysc-certificate-of-exemption/

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Phenotech(m): 8:06am On Sep 18, 2018
Thanks.... This is educative

7 Likes

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by emmyw(m): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2018
Phenotech:
Thanks.... This is educative
You are welcome bro shocked

2 Likes

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by emmyw(m): 8:12am On Sep 18, 2018
CC: Lalasticlala
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by anochuko01(m): 10:26am On Sep 18, 2018
i'm not engaging in this SCAM, at least for now. Whats the plight of those who have done it? They're still roaming the streets of lagos searching for 50k jobs.
I'll rather spend that one year to go learn a skill and focus on building a business. To hell with the govt and their nysc labour subsidising scheme...

i had my hnd at 23. my plan is to wait till im 27, get a DE into UNI, run it till im 31 and then get an excemption!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by richidinho(m): 10:27am On Sep 18, 2018
tell kemi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by KendrickAyomide: 10:28am On Sep 18, 2018
When am done with my Bsc overseas, i must come back for this NYSC sha
it might be a shithole but it's still my country

10 Likes

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Firefire(m): 10:28am On Sep 18, 2018
There is also what is called Letter of Exclusion.

Sample below for those who falls into that category.

Btw: where is Mohomodu Buhary WAEC CERTIFICATE?

https://myschoolfather..com/2017/06/procedures-and-requirements-for_28.html?m=1

5 Likes

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by FestusIrohigbe: 10:28am On Sep 18, 2018
shocked
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by sotall(m): 10:29am On Sep 18, 2018
Please copy, cut and send to Aunty Kemi Oluwole Forgery wherever she is in London

6 Likes

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by qanda: 10:29am On Sep 18, 2018
ok
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by mu2sa2: 10:30am On Sep 18, 2018
This is why I say Kemi Adeosun deserves a national honour for resigning despite not being at fault over the Nysc certificate brouhaha. In fact, I am sure if she were a politician she won't resign and will challenge her accusers to "go to court" (certified crooks like Saraki have been doing that and getting away with it, thanks to corrupt SANs and rotten judges). Kemi Adeosun did not forge the cert and did not know it was forged - no criminal intent to warrant prosecution. Her only mistake, if at all, was that she assumed that the fellows she trusted to process the exemption cert would do the right thing. Having been born and raised in Uk she "no know say naija na naija" . I know those shouting forgery are doing so on grounds of ethnic bias (e.g Ipob brats) or to gain political capital (e.g pdp hypocrites). She was and is still entitled to the Nysc exemption cert as of right. This intelligent, energetic, professionally competent woman has etched her name in gold by her service to the nation and bowing out honourably at a time when criminals, murderers, killer thugs/armed robbers sponsors are scheming to be president! God save nigeria.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 18, 2018
sm102015:
call or whatsapp the number below is interested in today game.

All time we see the gamblers in each post.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Godswillnwaoma(m): 10:31am On Sep 18, 2018
If someone graduate at age of 28 and decided to serve in three years time by then he will be 31, is he still eligible to serve.

4 Likes

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by belovedaja(m): 10:31am On Sep 18, 2018
I see a lot of over 30 years in NYSC how come. I was told you can do it even if you are over 30 years. I want nysc but am over 30

1 Like

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by kaysy(m): 10:31am On Sep 18, 2018
This info is not true and totally misleading, NYSC has since Batch C 2014 gone digital and all these analogue process are no longer in vogue, i wonder where some of u dig out nonsense and feed the public.

NOW THIS IS HOW ITS DONE

FOR LOCALLY TRAINED GRADUATES
Once u have satisfied all requirements and has passed all your courses in your school, After Senate/Academic Board's Approval, your documents is sent to your school's NYSC Office which is always domiciled at The students' Affairs Unit of every school.

NYSC always has a periodic timetable for each batch and every institution will be communicated to on when the NYSC portal will be opened so they can upload names of graduates approved by their senate or academic board. The timetable will also be on NYSC website for all to see

Once that is completed, the next step is NYSC online registration. Based on NYSC establishment act 2001, the system has been configured to automatically determines who is mobilized, exempted or excluded.

NOW HOW DO U KNOW YOUR MOBILIZATION STATUS
1) Local and foreign trained Full Time students who graduated on or below the age of 30 will be mobilized for National Service
2) Local and foreign trained Full Time students who graduated above the age of 30 will be exempted from National Service
3) Local and foreign trained Part Time students will be excluded from National Service irrespective of their age

Locally trained graduates that will be exempted will have to collect their exemption certificate from their institution while foreign trained graduates will collect theirs from NYSC, Abuja.

You have to NOTE the difference between Exemption and Exclusion
Exemption Certificate is issued to Full Time graduates above 30
Exclusion certificate is issued to all Part Time graduates.

The reason why you see some old people serving is because they graduated below 30 but refused to go for NYSC, now they have reached a point in their life where NYSC is required, they have to come back and do it.... Even Kemi Adeosun can still serve if she wants to.

I keep quiet on Nairaland when people post rubbish and senseless news about NYSC but i just can't hold this one.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Referendum50(f): 10:32am On Sep 18, 2018
Nonsense
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by VULCAN(m): 10:34am On Sep 18, 2018
When even the No. 1 is false...

If you are over 30 years of age at your graduation

Those last 3 words make a world of difference

Mediocrity is endemic in our culture.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Enugufirstson(m): 10:35am On Sep 18, 2018
Noted
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 18, 2018
belovedaja:
I see a lot of over 30 years in NYSC how come. I was told you can do it even if you are over 30 years. I want nysc but am over 30
They aren't over 30 in the info/docs presented

This is Naija!

1 Like

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by AroOkigbo(m): 10:39am On Sep 18, 2018
It is not late to collect the original exemption certificate.

cc: Mrs Kemi Adeosun

3 Likes

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Chukwuemeka007(m): 10:39am On Sep 18, 2018
belovedaja:

You can't be mobilized if you are 30 years and above as at the time of graduation.

On the other hand, if you graduated before age 30, you MUST serve irrespective of your age as at the time of commencement of orientation camp. Those who fall in this category are those whose institutions delayed their mobilization or those who willingly deferred their mobilization at an earlier point in time.

To those who look over 30 and still serving, it's either they falsified their age or they fall in category two above

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by CSTR1005: 10:43am On Sep 18, 2018
[b][/b]
belovedaja:
They graduated before the age of 30 and postponed service.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by CSTR1005: 10:46am On Sep 18, 2018
If you are a foreign student or graduated before 30 in America or Zanzibar, and you hope to work in Nigeria, you better be prepared to serve.

Don't be like kemi adeosun the forger.

7 Likes

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Chukwuemeka007(m): 10:47am On Sep 18, 2018
AroOkigbo:
It is not late to collect the original exemption certificate.

cc: Mrs Kemi Adeosun

She's not entitled to an Exemption Certificate.

Reason: She graduated before age 30.

Solution: It's either she serves or get a waiver (pardon) from the presidency (which is unlikely).

4 Likes

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by ezef2k4(m): 10:50am On Sep 18, 2018
anochuko01:
i'm not engaging in this SCAM, at least for now. Whats the plight of those who have done it? They're still roaming the streets of lagos searching for 50k jobs.
I'll rather spend that one year to go learn a skill and focus on building a business. To hell with the govt and their nysc labour subsidising scheme...

i had my hnd at 23. my plan is to wait till im 27, get a DE into UNI, run it till im 31 and then get an excemption!

So you will waste four years of your life (23 to 27) just because you don't want to go for NYSC?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year / Corpers Distribute Relief Materials In Oproama, Rivers state (Photos) / "Corper's Finger Cut Off In Katsina" - Twitter User Says (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.