Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,335 members, 7,780,878 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:49 AM

Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? (2621 Views)

Our Present Society Keep Marginalising The Male Gender. / Check Out Hilarious Conversation Between A Mother & Son On Whatsapp / Touching Story Of A Mother & Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by lioness(f): 9:39am On Jan 06, 2006
Males, whats up with u and ur mothers
Yeah i know ya mama brought you up and all, but do u guys have to bring her into the picture everytime.
Most guys i've met are always like "my mother said i shdnt do this", my mama expects it like this, "mama will tell me when to buy a car" " i'll talk tomy mum abt it ............ its quite discouraging.
Personally, am a real daddy's girl but i consciously try not to bring it into my r/ship or marriage.
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by EddyTells(m): 10:41am On Jan 06, 2006
u sound like ur man pissed u off grin
Cant u see Virgin Mary and Jesus...................... its just a bond thing girl.
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by lioness(f): 10:50am On Jan 06, 2006
Yeah Eddy Tells but u dont see Jesus calling Mary on the phone b4 he heals the sick, or b4 he drinks water. I bet Mary didnt know he went to vist mary and martha. tongue
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by christyne(f): 11:22am On Jan 06, 2006
Abi o,i just dey wonder

1 Like

Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by alheri(f): 12:40pm On Jan 06, 2006
lioness:

Yeah Eddy Tells but u don't see Jesus calling Mary on the phone before he heals the sick, or before he drinks water. I bet Mary didnt know he went to vist mary and martha. tongue

OMG lioness, youre something else cheesy.

We all love our mummies. My mother-in-laws got nothing on me, cause my husband loves me more! tongue
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by EddyTells(m): 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2006
Tell her o.
But seriously, i don't think a guy should always drag his mum's opinion in every decision he makes. Especially if he is married. I have a friend who said no matter how much he loves a girl, if she didnt get along with his mother, he wasnt going to marry her.

[We all love our mummies. My mother-in-laws got nothing on me, cause my husband loves me more! /quote]
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by rikkyjen(m): 8:04pm On Jan 06, 2006
I dislike those kind of mummies boy...ther ae also called girly-boiz....i as a matter of fact dont put my mum in my personal affairs cos it shows dependence..

Infact some married men are so close to their mum dat ,the old woman knows how her son makes love to his wife...and all those kind of balderdash...shit!!! i detest guys like dat
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by allonym: 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2006
I don't see why a guy can't set as a criterion for the woman he marries that she gets along with his mom.
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by prettyH(f): 9:53pm On Jan 06, 2006
If thats a criteria for marriage, alot of guys won't be married today because most wives to be and mother-in-laws do not get along.
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by allonym: 10:07pm On Jan 06, 2006
I don't think that is true. Sure, in movies that seems to be the case, but I think in real life, the vast majority of wives get along with their mothers-in-law.
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by prettyH(f): 10:07pm On Jan 06, 2006
No i disagree. In reality , its the other way round.
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by Seun(m): 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2006
Well I don't enjoy such a bond. My mum is not that kind of person. sad
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by hotangel2(f): 12:22am On Jan 07, 2006
Well... i don't really know. I guess it's just like how we girls bonds with our daddies. But one thing is that, we don't talk abt it as those boys do.
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by Seun(m): 12:33am On Jan 07, 2006
I don't think traditional (Yoruba) Nigerian daddies care about bonding with their children. They just want to flog them when they make mistakes, and hear "yes daddy" whenever they bark out their orders.
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by hotangel2(f): 12:36am On Jan 07, 2006
I guess my daddy has broken the rules ohh MR. ADMIN!

He's the sweetest man ever, Im not saying this cos 'he's my dad'/
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by ldollier(f): 4:09pm On Jan 07, 2006
lioness:

Males, whats up with u and your mothers

umm, in my own case is females, whats up with you and your mothers.

this is what i have noticed, nigerian females, or should i say african females connect with their mom. while american males connect with their mom.
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by lioness(f): 1:14pm On Jan 09, 2006
Are u for real? the bonding between females & their mother is just the transfer of knowledge.........u  know, child birth, being submissive, keeping the home etc. thats understandable.
Male Gender [race,colour] especially nijia, tend to bring their "mama" into the picture most times.

No man should despise his mother but cut down on the references.

[umm, in my own case is females, whats up with you and your mothers.

this is what i have noticed, nigerian females, or should i say african females connect with their mom. while american males connect with their mom./quote]
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by EddyTells(m): 1:49pm On Jan 09, 2006
You know Every.....

[I don't think traditional (Yoruba) Nigerian daddies care about bonding with their children. They just want to flog them when they make mistakes, and hear "yes daddy" whenever they bark out their orders./quote]
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by ijebuman(m): 9:48pm On Jan 18, 2006
You ladies just wait till you have a son and then we'll see, because i'm sure you'll do the same thing you're complaining about here
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by prettyH(f): 11:52pm On Jan 18, 2006
ijebuman:

You ladies just wait till you have a son and then we'll see, because i'm sure you'll do the same thing you're complaining about here

Please allow us complain till we have our own. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by hotangel2(f): 11:57pm On Jan 18, 2006
I was looking for this thread. At last i found it.

Well, my friend just told us something totally stupid today. Although she said it was her psychology teacher that said it.

She was like.. The Psych teacher said, there's a bond between a mother and young male child. We were like.. Duhh, why wouldn't there be? And she goes.. "nooo, not like that". He said this bond is bigger than mother, son bond. I was like.. cheesy cheesy cheesy And then she went ahead, saying.. the psych teacher told them that.. this kind of love wears off as the child grows.. but when the child is an infant, the mother feel some deeper love for the child. As in kind of sexual sorta feeling. She said the psych teacher was saying something about, the mother breast-feeding the child and all that. (that reminded me of the thread about mother's breast-feeding their sons).

Anyways.. just thought, i'd share with u guys. It's funny to me tho. cheesy
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by ijebuman(m): 12:08am On Jan 19, 2006
hot-angel:

I was looking for this thread. At last i found it.

Well, my friend just told us something totally stupid today. Although she said it was her psychology teacher that said it.

She was like.. The Psych teacher said, there's a bond between a mother and young male child. We were like.. Duhh, why wouldn't there be? And she goes.. "nooo, not like that". He said this bond is bigger than mother, son bond. I was like.. cheesy cheesy cheesy And then she went ahead, saying.. the psych teacher told them that.. this kind of love wears off as the child grows.. but when the child is an infant, the mother feel some deeper love for the child. As in kind of sexual sorta feeling. She said the psych teacher was saying something about, the mother breast-feeding the child and all that. (that reminded me of the thread about mother's breast-feeding their sons).

Ah hot-angel i see you've been learning about Sigmund Freud and the Oedipus complex. I'll let you check out wiki for more about it grin grin
Oedipus complex
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus_complex
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by prettyH(f): 12:12am On Jan 19, 2006
Thats so ewwwwwwwwwww. Why would a mother have anything but ordinary love for her male child? Gosh what type of education do kids receive in school nowadays. angry
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by hotangel2(f): 12:18am On Jan 19, 2006
ijebuman:

Ah hot-angel i see you've been learning about Sigmund Freud and the Oedipus complex. I'll let you check out wiki for more about it grin grin
Oedipus complex
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus_complex

That was about a child killing his mother. undecided
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by ijebuman(m): 12:29am On Jan 19, 2006
hot-angel:

That was about a child killing his mother. undecided
no It is defined as a child's unconscious desire for the exclusive love of the parent of the opposite sex (mother). This desire includes jealousy toward the parent of the same sex (father) and the unconscious wish for that parent's death (father).

Freud was a very strange guy....
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by prettyH(f): 12:32am On Jan 19, 2006
.......Or u mean a mad man?
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by lioness(f): 10:48am On Jan 19, 2006
grin grin grin grin
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by gentleaura(m): 10:48pm On Jan 21, 2006
Nothing you could say can tear me away from my Mama,
Nothing u could do, cos I'm stuck like glue to my Mama....
I am sticking to my mama like a stamp to a letter......

Certified Mummy's boi, spoiled brat here!!!
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by debanjee(m): 3:53am On Jan 22, 2006
n
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by EddyTells(m): 8:39am On Jan 23, 2006
@gentleaura ......... smiley good for you boy. *but make you marry o*
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by gentleaura(m): 4:13pm On Jan 23, 2006
Eddy Tells:

@gentleaura ......... smiley good for you boy. *but make you marry o*

LOL...thanks so...at 20, though not with ma mum any more, she's back home. My brother was asking me over the phone, what girl I like better, blacks or whites? My mum had to snatch the receiver from him and was like...my son is still a young man, dont go around looking at girls....I was like haba! at 20? why now??...hopefully some day after sch I will thanxcheesy
Re: Male Gender - Whats Up With This Mother & Son Bond? by lioness(f): 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2006
cheesy see......... thats exactly one of the kinds of grip am talking about grin grin
I guess she wants the best for you

[ My mum had to snatch the receiver from him and was like...my son is still a young man, don't go around looking at girls. /quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! My Mum Is Almost Killing Me! / When Will She See Her Kids? / Why Do Married Nigerian Women LIVE and SUCCEED In Riches And Wealth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.