Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,616 members, 7,801,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. (7733 Views)

Pls Advice On Transport Business / Info On Transport Business Seriously Needed!!! / Ned Advice On Transport Biz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by MrKelly: 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2010
I'm considering going into transport biz with a budget of about 1.2m for following buses: VW LT & Vanagon for a start.
I will appreciate any infor and advice form the house on daily return for the two buses above, cost of purchasing the above buses and the pros & cons of the business.
Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by zuzuki: 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2010
i think vanagon injector (diesel engine) cost about  500k, i have a friend who bought one recently.
  and if you must give it to these lagos drivers it is better to go for INSTALLMENTAL MODE OF PAYMENT , GET your capital and profit , then TRANSFER the ownership to the driver.
   all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by MrKelly: 9:50am On Jul 08, 2010
Thanks Zuzuki for your advice. If i buy the car for 500k and give it out on installmental payment, how much will be the total amount and what will the payment period look like. Just trying to weigh my options.
Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by zuzuki: 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2010
should you buy it @ 500k ,
you will hav 2 spend almost 100k or less putting it in proper shape , vis-a-vis procurement of document which costs abt 30k now, som little body work ( contingent on d vehicle's neatness), servicing by mechanic, cutting of glasses 4 d windows, Painting, u will put seats in d vehicle among other expenses like dt. all these put 2gether should be in the rage of dt 100k.

ur cost being 600k or there about. you may give it out for either 900k or 1m.

as regards d payment mode the driver will be giving 20k or 25k every week till d completion of the INSTALLMENT.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by olyluv: 8:46am On Jul 13, 2010
Sir, as far as am concern transport buiness is good wen u are not the shy type, but if u are the shy type u cant do it for the fact that u have to drive it urself. but if u give it out for installment or whatever well luck might be on ur side. my own advise is to diversify ur money into other lucrative buisness. nd if u realy need that bus i have one vw vanagon for sale. u can reach me on: 08030944266 or 08028037737. olamilekan
Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by chuxy12(m): 12:38am On Jul 14, 2010
mr kelly if you are not tied down with another project i suggest you do it yourself . if you cant do it yourself then 4get about transportation biz. you are warned!!!
P.s. why dont you try another biz
Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by BkY2: 12:03am On Jul 16, 2010
The business is good if you are to drive it urself.You can give it out on high purchase but make sure the person drop at least 50k as deposit,he is to giving you your deliver every week let say 20k so for any week he did not bring your deliver you can collect the bus from him.
Note he must have somebody to stand for him.that 20k should be from monday to friday,saturday is for him why the motor rest on sunday.All business has their own risk.good luck

1 Like

Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by ajerlcorp: 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2010
Hi guys, i like this topic. Thanks for your input. But what if you want to have a fleet of these buses. You can't drive all of them and you can't do higher purchase on all of them. What advise do you have.
Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by afrobaby(f): 11:22am On Aug 13, 2010
Please house, how much does a motor bike cost, I wanna buy it and give it out on installment, I was told it's about #100,000, is it true?
Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by Rsconcept: 12:20am On Sep 20, 2011
Am proposing starting a transportation business in Lagos Mainland but i would like to know how much a Paragon cost now? You know the general transportation vehicle mostly used by transporters made by Volkswagen. Paragon, that's what they call it i guess. I need to know how much it cost, (Tokunbo - grade A / New), registration cost & details with appropriate bodies and how much can be realized daily.

I need your answers please. Thank you.
Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by ghetomum: 3:48pm On Mar 23, 2012
i need vanagon from cotonou any body who can help
Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by bestlife(m): 4:40pm On Mar 23, 2012
Need information on business visit www.business-tech-general..com
Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by ghetomum: 9:42am On Jun 13, 2012
PLS, VANAGON, THE PERTOL TYPE AND DIESEL TYPE WHICH ONE IS PREFERABLE.
Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by chukwuwike2ny(m): 9:29am On Oct 21, 2014
. smiley
Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by Steve97: 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
please house,what is the cost of vanagon bus now diesel/petrol injector engine?
Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by Steve97: 7:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
please house,what is the cost of vanagon bus now diesel/petrol injector engine? and how much is delivery by the driver
Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by jidejohn444(m): 5:25am On Nov 10, 2016
I love this topic. But, ur delivery from the driver is not every week is always everyday. they deliver the money to one of their offices inside the garage at the specified time in the day you had given him to deliver it and the office will send you all the total at the end of the month. for a tokunbo or new vanagon the delivery is always around 10/12k depends on the owner but lesser than 10k if it not a tokunbo or new one. the end total of the money that would be sent to you at the end of the month will really makes sense. But everything is a risk, even business it self is a risk.
Re: Need Info on Transport Biz In Lagos & Cost of VW Vanagon & LT. by holygenius3(m): 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
Please house, I observed that most busses used for transport in lagos are wolkswagen bus but I want to know why wolkswagen.

(1) (Reply)

FOREX: Best Time To Trade In Nigeria / Ice Block Making Machine With Two 5KW Compressors (100 BLOCKS, 140K) / Nigerians Are Making Money On Google Trader. Don't Miss Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.