Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (434294 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (176) (Go Down)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinstaiye(m): 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2010
The discussion on Free to air Satellite TV continue on this new thread. This is going to be the final thread on this topic as it is expected that members should try to break down discussions on this thread to more thread. Before you post on this thread, find out first whether your questions is treated on a different thread.

Welcome to Part 5 of this wonderful thread, the final part in the series.

3 Likes

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2010
Im so glad to be here in part 5. May we withnes more new discoveries. Welcome 2 part 5!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 07, 2010
This section is the most active on entire NL. getting to over 140 pages in less than one year.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2010
wow,

thanks be to the deities for making me see this season, none other but thee will i worship.

Bienvenueeee!!!!!!!!!!!111

1 Like

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2010
@ moderator,

what do you mean by "the final part" in bracket?

1 Like

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2010
@twinstaiye!
You took the rug off our feet-literaly! Who would have thought we'd be here so soon?
Anyways, if what happened in part 4 is anything to go by, this part 5 is gonna rock real good!

I won't be surprised to see a member challenge the king of sat BUTONEDAY by going for an
audacious 8m dish installation! grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by salamander(m): 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2010
@moderator

Thanks for bringing us this far. But could you explain the 'FINAL PART' thing for us?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by zenus(m): 8:32pm On Jul 07, 2010
Just been on the flow of FTA
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2010
@fta deities, may you accept our sacrifies,may we continue to hunt down big birds such as astra 2d with european beam & those of S. America,may d asewo code & star tv code full market sooner than we expect(oga malix take note),may our moulders continue to get d focal length of our precious fibres right( 4 us wey no fit bye pan due to appropiate weight & availability of motor & positioner) &polar neck.may thunder miss our lnb path on it strike.
May mtn,zain no block Fbt ip & may dem no jasi our cheat
@all great enthuast once again,welcome aboard. Let keep experimenting & hunting down dem big birds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by pofolo(m): 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2010
Season 5 already ?,thanks to fta God way keep us all alive to dey hunt n shoot 'birds', we can only ask for more .

@ obnelly,
@ all,
on arabsat 26.5east with tp 11719v27500 , what is d dish size for tracking ?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by lovala(m): 12:40am On Jul 08, 2010
@pofolo:
@ all,
on arabsat 26.5east with tp 11719v27500 , what is d dish size for tracking ?
I don ask dat question b4 o, but Obnelly no wan answer am.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ikeduru: 3:48am On Jul 08, 2010
The house and its members should have been notified and warned earlier before this seemingly unilateral decision . Anyway,part 5 (the final part) here we go !
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 08, 2010
enitan2002:

@ moderator,

what do you mean by "the final part" in bracket?

Yea u re right we need answer
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by cantell(m): 9:40am On Jul 08, 2010
Always enjoyed reading the posts in this thread and i 've learnt so much here.
Like some members, i don't understand the final part.
Mod, can you pls explain?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Adeexy: 9:44am On Jul 08, 2010
Baba God Na ur hand work (FTA) S05, continue to give us wisdom and knowledge to shoot and kill birds
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinstaiye(m): 9:50am On Jul 08, 2010
@all
The final part, there wont be the need to continue this thread anymore as we would have expected that all that is being discussed in here is already a thread on the child boards. You are therefore enjoined to create more threads on the child boards as well as check whether the issues or problems you are posting here is already treated on a new thread on the child board.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sayso: 10:23am On Jul 08, 2010
welcoming everyone to the 5th thread of FTA.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by obnelly: 11:22am On Jul 08, 2010
This satellite(NILESAT 201) is to be lauched on 3 August,2010.let us hope better go come and the footprint covers our space.
NileSat 201 7° West 3 August 2010 Ariane 5 24 Ku - 4 Ka .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 11:36am On Jul 08, 2010
great to be alive to witness part 5,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by iykemann: 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2010
@ Oga george D,olofofo,enitan,salamander,Toba,Ola and all the gurus,
I have this box PRIMA XDS-2103.for sometime now and I've not been able to use it because when I switch it and get to system settings it will ask for password,I've tried 0000,1111,9999 all to no avail pls if anyone can help me with the password I will be very happy, thanking you in advance.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 4:16pm On Jul 08, 2010
im so blessed to b a part of part 5.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by badaru1(m): 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2010
Court Order May Ground Hitv

Come 15 July this year, the operations and activities of Hitv may be grounded as Musical Copy Right Society of Nigeria is set to enforce a court order issued today by a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos, South West Nigeria.

The applicants have brought in two experts from Grey Inn, London to examine the computers, the mast and all the equipment used in transmitting all their programmes nationwide.

This was sequel to the order of a Federal High Court in a suit filed by the Musical Copy Right Society of Nigeria claiming N1.2 billion over an alleged infringement of musical works of some artistes in which the society has exclusive copy right.

Initially when the order was issued, the management of Hitv disallowed the court officials from carrying out the execution of the order.

Consequently, the court summoned the managing director and chief executive officer of Hitv, Mr. Toyin Subair to appear before the court to show cause why he should not be charged for contempt of court.

When they appeared, their lawyer, Dr. Joseph Nwobike, SAN, pleaded on their behalf. Thereafter, the presiding judge, Justice Okechukwu Okeke reaffirmed his earlier order that the premises of Hitv be inspected by court officials to ascertain  and bring before the court any material used by the organisation, any instrument used in pirating or infringing of the artistes like Sunny Ade, Adewale Ayuba which Musical Copy Society complained about.

In a bid to enforce this court order, the applicant has brought two renowned experts from London to examine the equipment which may disrupt the paid televion outfit.

—Akin Kuponiyi
May your soul rest in peace,amen
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by segunfms(m): 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2010
Nigerians, we like to dey come against ourself. some people just want this company to come down WHY?, why cant they go to Dstv office to check there too. i know, they will find something there. let us Love our own companies and stop all this foreign companies for coming here and pack all our money to there countries. have you ever see Dstv do promo here in nigeria to give away things to nigerian people, things like : car, generator and even there products?.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 08, 2010
twinstaiye:

@all
The final part, there wont be the need to continue this thread anymore as we would have expected that all that is being discussed in here is already a thread on the child boards. You are therefore enjoined to create more threads on the child boards as well as check whether the issues or problems you are posting here is already treated on a new thread on the child board.
I disagree with u 100% in that u would give room for proliferation of meaningless thread. If some pple have challenges with their plug, they would open a thread for that.But if theres a general thread little issues would be dealt with without having to waste spaces,whilst tough issues will be treated on new threads.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by williams85(m): 9:38pm On Jul 08, 2010
Thank God 4 everythin. Part 5 here we come
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by pofolo(m): 10:05pm On Jul 08, 2010
@ segunfms,
i agree to disagree with u.
Dsthievies na thief,we all agree. Their highest subscriber base na 4 9ja,yet nothing to show for it. All promo na 4 SA at most time,also check out supersport fc & stadia.
However,when they had epl right nobody dey witch-hunt ctl,viewin centre & co.
Its just payback time. Make we handle d 'issue' & jst 4get d 'names' KAPISH !!!.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 6:14am On Jul 09, 2010
@all

let's try to do thing in an organized manner, by taking full advantage of the child boards. how long will we continue to talk about the same thing over and over again.

same ol question
same ol pictures
same ol same ol,
same ol abuses (enitan)
same ol grammars (enigma)
same ol expose (toxnaija)
same ol insights (fmarshal)
same ol story (olofofo,badaru, bodejohn, butoneday)
it's beginning to get really boring!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by iykemann: 8:17am On Jul 09, 2010
@all,
i need someone with idea to help me with the password of this PRIMA XDS-2103.
Enigma,
GeorgeD,
Olofofo,
Enitan,
Fmashal,
Toxnaija,
Badaru,
I've tried,every known four digits and it didn't open.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by iykemann: 8:18am On Jul 09, 2010
@all,
i need someone with idea to help me with the password of this PRIMA XDS-2103.
Enigma,
GeorgeD,
Olofofo,
Enitan,
Fmashal,
Toxnaija,
Badaru,
I've tried,every known four digits and it didn't open.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 8:59am On Jul 09, 2010
if it's not a new receiver, you might have a major problem on your hand., you might need to ultimately have it flashed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Flodel(f): 9:29am On Jul 09, 2010
@ all, its a pity this is the final part, my problem is this i have srt4663x i searched 4 some channels which i got but there is audio but no tv. pls wat can i do? also anybody with the freq, symbol rate of EUTELSAT W4 channels shoul pls give to me and DICE TV.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:03am On Jul 09, 2010
@iykemann,
All recievers have their own default pin which can be gotten from the manual. Have you tried going to their website and searching for the manual? I'm sure you'll find what your looking for there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.