Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (434293 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by microgiant: 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2010
solo1ng1:

@Microgiant,
I get your point…but the issue here is that, this dish is not a Toroidal dish, but 1m daarsat dish…

Remove the 1m daarsat dish and confirm if the Sirius is still available.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2010
@fatruk,
Looks like Enigma has done enough justice to your question concerning the freesat decoder.

@solo1ng1,
In FTA, impossible is never in our vocabulary so if the signal is dancing on your screen, better believe its real! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by spaceman(m): 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2010
microgiant:

Remove the 1m daarsat dish and confirm if the Sirius is still available.

The 1m dish here is what is being used for the Sirius 4. facing it in the opposite direction
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by olofofo(m): 11:24pm On Jul 13, 2010
@solong

if you are not getting it in the east then you will get it in the west if there are no blockages, i have two different w3a installation at home facing two different directions, it's a tricky bird to track sometime, the trick is for you to master how to skew your LNB at the right moment, also try tracking with 12520v instead of 12728 or 11192. once you lock on sirius gently bring the dish down to the left of right as the case may be. Good luck.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by solo1ng1: 6:50am On Jul 14, 2010
@all,
Thanks, ur advice u will be followed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:47am On Jul 14, 2010
Jay 1:

@George D kindly help me,I need that stargold fuji
prime focus 4-way lnb pls in d name of God.my number is 08029484560 or text me your number.

@Jay,
I got the stargold lnb from Dejsam who is a reliable member of the house. I will suggest you try and contact him to get one for you too.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Jay14(m): 8:02am On Jul 14, 2010
@George D
thank u so much i'll contact Desjam for it
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Jay14(m): 8:25am On Jul 14, 2010
@George D.
@All.
pls i want u guys to refer me back to the exact page of how to contruct the base of strong pan dish(season 3).am begging on my knee.

@Desjam.
Bros i need your help,i want that Stargold fuji prime focus 4-way lnb(pls).this is my number 08029484560,u can text me and i'll call u back.i live in ogba lagos thanks in advance.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 10:12am On Jul 14, 2010
@solo1ng

Don't worry with that position i specified on Saturday we will bring down the bird this weekend.

Meanwhile send someone to pick up the other dish later in d day.

cheers

with FTA nothing is impossible
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2010
Jay 1:

@George D.
@All.
pls i want u guys to refer me back to the exact page of how to contruct the base of strong pan dish(season 3).am begging on my knee.

@Jay,
Here's the link to the STRONG pan dish neck construction you asked for. Original post is by olofofo and its actually in season 2 not 3.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-182209.576.html#msg3113609

Hope this helps?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 4:22pm On Jul 14, 2010
@ george
thanks for unwavering effort in the support of this forum and also for your untiring spirit in giving out answers to a lot of our questions.
i was just wondering: is there a way to download the last 4 seasons to one's system.

my point is this: i want to make a PDF file out of everything then put it up for download in the FTA reference thread.
can some one help?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2010
freshp:

@ george
thanks for unwavering effort in the support of this forum and also for your untiring spirit in giving out answers to a lot of our questions.
i was just wondering: is there a way to download the last 4 seasons to one's system.

my point is this: i want to [b]make a PDF file out of everything then [/b]put it up for download in the FTA reference thread.
can some one help?

reference to the boldened part

I've made same suggestion several months away, some peeps here can still remember that especially the moderator, but i can assure you, it wont be attended to. Cos if it should be possible, then it wont generate much traffic as it does. people will just be requesting for the already downloaded file from other users instead of going through the thread. so let us leave it the way it is now, ok?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by esuo2(m): 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2010
2 all,
HISTORY CHANNEL IS FREE TO AIR AT THE MOMENT AT 36E
FREQUENCY 11881V 27489

WHICH BIRDS THAT HAVE NIGERIAN CHANNELS CAN BE TRACKED WITH 1.8M IN GHANA
FREQUENCIES NEEDED
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by rich8: 8:38am On Jul 15, 2010
all.pls is anyone useing toptv in this house.if yes then i need u asistans the problem is that my brot three toptv decoders from sout africa all the chennels display allrit but the somatcard is not activ yet that is why i need u help menbers if anyone have a solution ples give me a hand ples,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 9:08am On Jul 15, 2010
rich8:

all.pls is anyone useing toptv in this house.if yes then i need u asistans the problem is that my brot three toptv decoders from sout africa all the chennels display allrit but the somatcard is not activ yet that is why i need u help menbers if anyone have a solution ples give me a hand ples,

Nobody has tested TOPTV here in Nigeria not sure though, you can contact them in SA for more clarification,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by SATMAN(m): 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2010
Hi Rich8,

Yes you will need to contact toptv customer care line. (visit www.toptv.co.za)

Do you have a relation in s/a?,how did they register it over there,you may need to have a bank account there because they do direct debit.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2010
enitan2002:

reference to the boldened part. . . . .

. . . . . so let us leave it the way it is now, ok?
Now i Know Why shocked shocked shocked
Thanks for the tip
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by princeparis(m): 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2010
@Pofolo. It is well. You still dey yonder?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by litaninja(m): 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2010
@ALL: on the sirus4 issue, I have noticed something like that previously, the azimuth of the sirus4 signal seems to not really matter when you are tracking that bird. I could not seem to come up with a reason for this, but i felt it was because the elevation of the bird is high.
Once the sirus4 signal hits green, I could almost turn the dish 180 degrees with only a slight degradation of the signal at the lowest point. So I think the toroidal sat theory is wrong and Spaceman's explanation is actually closer to the mark. The elevation is so high that the azimuth makes the dish seem like a plate that is receiving the signal direct from the sky, so no matter the azimuth (within reasonable variation), you still hit green.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 7:56pm On Jul 15, 2010
I think the issue of East or West direction is what has been mentioned above. Now with offset dishes, you do not have to face the dish to the sat. So whether you face east west south or north, provided your elevation is near zero and your lnb skew is correct. It also depends on your location too. The satellite has to be almost directly over you and you must be close 2 the Equator.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 15, 2010
I looked at the comments above me and i continue to laugh in swahili. Do you think those that added the word 'azimuth' to 'elevation' don't know what they are saying. No matter the kind of theories you guys are formulating, the fact still remains that azimuth plays a major role than even elevation. If you think i'm joking, try track your NSS7 in the east if you find yourself in the location where i am.
Just like olofofo said, yes you can get same satellite in different positions, but the difference is very minute. And this depends on the structural design of your dish receptor, how warped it is. e.t.c.
When a satellite is to be tracked from the onset, it is the azimuth that is first being considered, then later followed by elevation. And that depends on how close the longitudinal position of your location and the satellite in orbit. The closer the degree of the satellite in orbit is nearer to your longitudinal position, then the higher the elevation, just like the satellite is hanging right above your head.

I still can't beleive at this point in time peeps will still be having difficulty in full understanding of satellite tracking. And modertaor, you said this is the final part, right With this kind of questions and analysis coming up, i'm still looking forward to season 10, dont be surprise when some will start asking the importance of lnb on dishes.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by spacevice(m): 11:29pm On Jul 15, 2010
esuo2:

2 all,
HISTORY CHANNEL IS FREE TO AIR AT THE MOMENT AT 36E
FREQUENCY 11881V 27489

WHICH BIRDS THAT HAVE NIGERIAN CHANNELS CAN BE TRACKED WITH 1.8M IN GHANA
FREQUENCIES NEEDED

Come again cool
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by NashFTA(m): 6:33am On Jul 16, 2010
Ameboperoo:

I think the issue of East or West direction is what has been mentioned above. Now with offset dishes, you do not have to face the dish to the sat. So whether you face east west south or north, provided your elevation is near zero and your lnb skew is correct. It also depends on your location too. The satellite has to be almost directly over you and you must be close 2 the Equator.

@All,
I live at the following location: 1° 16' S, 36° 48' E; and for me, tracking the W4/7 at 36East is the easiest thing on earth. The bird is located directly above us. What is interesting to note is that the off-set dish can face any direction and you will still hit ‘green’ as long as your LNB skew is correct. You can shoot that bird within 2 minutes! Have a great weekend. smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by microgiant: 7:41am On Jul 16, 2010
litaninja:

So I think the toroidal sat theory is wrong and Spaceman's explanation is actually closer to the mark. The elevation is so high that the azimuth makes the dish seem like a plate that is receiving the signal direct from the sky, so no matter the azimuth (within reasonable variation), you still hit green.

sorry my bad, I didn't understand the original post before replying. Since he mentioned HiTv direction and I saw the HiTV dish, my understanding was that it was the HiTV dish receiving the signal, not the 1m dish.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 7:54am On Jul 16, 2010
Enitan . U shd even laugh in Chinese if u like. I will advice u to change your name from Eni history to Eni geography or some thing else. And dont forget 2 add 2010 this time! Let me show you , point upward and turn around 360o, is your hand not still pointing up? Now u are an offset dish and your hand is an lnb holder and your finger is the lnb! Face north or even south and your lnb is still directly above your head. But when u incline you hand at an angle, the story changes. Wake up and update your itan. Just read the above post. Have a nice day!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:18am On Jul 16, 2010
@all,
Lets tone down on the rhethorics and get back to the business at hand, please.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 8:22am On Jul 16, 2010
Nash FTA. Your coordinate tells me you r in Nairobi, Kenya. How is mount Kenya? I wish I can come on tour to come and see the wildlife and meet pple like you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 11:50am On Jul 16, 2010
ALLLLLLLLLL

Try 11386 H 29998 on W7 and enjoy TVC1, TVC2, TVC3, TVC MOVIES, BET,MCM POP, NBA, FOX NEXT, FX RTPI, etc both in HD and Mpeg 4.
I have been enjoying non-stop movies and music, ENJOY while it lasts,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by williams85(m): 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2010
There is no such channels at the moment
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by spacevice(m): 1:26pm On Jul 16, 2010
Any news from the HITV court issue?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by SATMAN(m): 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2010
Hi Spacevice ,

The case is till in court.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by solo1ng1: 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2010
Ah, that case? It's taking another tune o, NCC is trying to support HITV that Musical Copyright Society of Nigeria, (MCSN) is not a legal copyright collecting body,
NCC said what they need now is a letter of protest from HITv to stop MCSN from performing illegally,
So make HITV grow, and our poor artist to rotten in poverty,
If Hitv is using the artist work, video musical expecially, then they should be pay biggerly, 'cos Hitv collect subscription biggerly grin grin grin
or who no wan chop better?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.