Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million (19870 Views)

See The 18 Karat Gold Iphone Case Drake Bought For $400,000 (n144m) / Adrian Wood's Teleology Finally Acquires 9mobile Network / Google Finally Acquires HTC, But It's Really Not What You Think. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by TechCapon(m): 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2018
TechCapon

Apple has confirmed that it has finally secure acquisition of popular song identification app Shazam in a deal worth $400 million. Apple has always been a huge player in the music industry since it bought Beat by Dr Dre luxury headphone company few years ago not to mention it’s own Apple music store. According to Oliver Schusser, Apple’s vice president of Apple Music, he said “Apple and Shazam have a long history together. Shazam was one of the first apps available when we launched the App Store and has become a favorite app for music fans everywhere.” Shazam is the most popular song identifying app in the world, it has over 1 billion downloads and is used to identify music over 20 million times a day. All you have to do is make the app listen to the music for some seconds and it will tell you the name and the artist. It will even display the artist’s picture or album cover. Really cute.

As far as Shazam is concerned, the surprising thing for me is how it is able to identify lyrics of our own Nigerian songs correctly and still give us the correct answer considering the fact that our music is full of slang words and mixture of Pidgin, Yoruba and Igbo languages, lol. The best part of this news for users is the fact that Apple has promised to get rid of all those annoying ads that keeps popping up each time the app is being used. It might interest you to know that Apple has already indicated interest in buying Shazam since last year but the deal was being stall because of European Union over potential antitrust concerns but finally gave the deal a go ahead. Despite the fact that Shazam is so popular, the company has been struggling to make profit ever since it was launched.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/apple-finally-acquires-shazam-for-400-million/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2018
I really hate whatever apple lays it's hands on because they re damn too strict and stingy..

Imagine if android have bought this, u I'll easily download ur favourite shazammed song with little or no restrictions right from the app.
Now with this apple acquisitions now, it I'll have to redirect u to the iTunes Store to go buy the song or music u shazammed embarassed

I ll rather note down the name and go search it on musicpleer tongue tongue

129 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by TOMMIEYIKES: 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2018
krattoss:
I really hate whatever apple lays it's hands on because they re damn too strict and stingy..

Imagine if android have bought this, u I'll easily download ur favourite shazammed song with little or no restrictions right from the app.
Now with this apple acquisitions now, it I'll have to redirect u to the iTunes Store to go buy the song or music u shazammed embarassed

what is this one saying

13 Likes

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by TechCapon(m): 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
krattoss:

that's also what I do all the time. That's how Apple bought Beats by Dr Dre headphone and now they've completely dumped the company. They released new sets of phones and produced their own airpods or wireless earphones. That's how Beats company just died.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
TOMMIEYIKES:
what is this one saying
have u shazammed a song and feel like downloading it?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
TechCapon:
that's also what I do all the time. That's how Apple bought Beats by Dr Dre headphone and now they've completely dumped the company. They released new sets of phones and produced their own airpods or wireless earphones. That's how Beats company just died.
that beats na their own loss.

Dr dre pocketed his cash and left for good.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by TechCapon(m): 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2018
krattoss:

I tell you but he will be pained that his work was left to die off like that. I feel it's because it's a black man's company. Otherwise why dump a company that was making profit ?

33 Likes

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Marshall2010: 12:42am On Sep 25, 2018
This app make sense
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by lekmyth(m): 12:46am On Sep 25, 2018
Na which kind wahala be dis, wetin apple want gan cry

6 Likes

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Shittaakeem(m): 6:25am On Sep 25, 2018
Ha
So I won't have access to shazam again

1 Like

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by skywalker240(m): 7:19am On Sep 25, 2018
Personally, i think apple have a motive behind this,... Any free service apple touches becomes expensive service's. Just watch how shazam users drop.

6 Likes

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by hyfr(m): 7:22am On Sep 25, 2018
Androids users right now

3 Likes

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 25, 2018
They should come and buy my blog o $1000 cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by bluntjudge: 7:22am On Sep 25, 2018
krattoss:

So true. I hate apple for this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by OgeFather(m): 7:24am On Sep 25, 2018
Smart move from Apple, though I don't see a long further for that app

For Your CCTV, INVERTER JOBS,see my signature
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by AlexCk: 7:25am On Sep 25, 2018
There was a time when Apple was just a fruit, and Shazam was a name of a superhero.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by opalu: 7:25am On Sep 25, 2018
Hmm
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by id4sho(m): 7:27am On Sep 25, 2018
r
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Fierce11: 7:29am On Sep 25, 2018
Who still uses shazam when we have music match? besides, i know only one shazam.. And its that marvel superhero

4 Likes

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by suckmyPENIS: 7:33am On Sep 25, 2018
Fierce11:
Who still uses shazam when we have music match?
besides, i know only one shazam.. And its that marvel superhero
not Marvel but DC superhero

3 Likes

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by lapazi(m): 7:36am On Sep 25, 2018
krattoss:

It's a simple idea, buy out the competition and simply let it die slowly...that way your own product has monopoly in the market...I believe they will do same to Shazam.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by RevenGeMission: 7:37am On Sep 25, 2018
Shazam was for sale ?

1 Like

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Bizibi(m): 7:39am On Sep 25, 2018
TechCapon:
buy,kill and bury. I don't like companies that do that.
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Mac2016(m): 7:43am On Sep 25, 2018
That Shazam can never make profit with someone like me
My ears can naturally Shazam any music track

13 Likes

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by anigold(m): 7:45am On Sep 25, 2018
TechCapon:
the bought it so that another company won't buy it..

Shazam should be worth atleast 1Billion usd

1 Like

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by FarahAideed: 7:46am On Sep 25, 2018
400 million seems quite low for Shazam because there is so much potential in that App I tell you ...well we don't know the full details if the deal yet but its a great start all the same

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by abumeinben(m): 7:48am On Sep 25, 2018
Wow wow wow

krattoss:

I ll rather note down the name and go search it on musicpleer
tongue tongue

Very much on point.

1 Like

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by PotatoSalad(m): 7:48am On Sep 25, 2018
Bizibi:
buy,kill and bury. I don't like companies that do that.
Monopoly

2 Likes

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 25, 2018
Another coil way to spy on their users......if u know u know

1 Like

Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 25, 2018
Nice development. Now I will see how apple will try to make money off that app.

Those above me saying that Beats was destroyed by Apple are sick. Apple was the best thing that happened to Beats
Re: Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million by Bizibi(m): 7:53am On Sep 25, 2018
PotatoSalad:

Monopoly
I prefer Facebook,they buy and improve to make profits not killing the company,other companies will avoid Apple......

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Etisalat Sues MTN Over Visafone Acquisition / I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone / MTN Begins 4G LTE Internet Services Trial In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.