Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! (19763 Views)

Cheap / ZARA Bodycon Dress Selling For As Low As 2,000. / Affordable Dresses At H&M- MICOSTARMALL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by Sariba(f): 12:20pm On Jul 08, 2010
Hi every1

I am moving from Switzerland to Lagos in around a years time together with my nigerian boyfriend.
Therefore I am looking around for a business opportunity. What I was thinking is buying a franchise from a fahsion company (both for men and/or women).
Last time I came to Lagos I saw that Mango has opened its first store, which shop, style etc. would you guys most love to see in Lagos?

I really hope for some feedback and thank you in advance!!!!

xo
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2010
i think i like zara, good idea
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by Sariba(f): 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2010
thank you for your opinion!!!
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by bee22(f): 10:33am On Jul 09, 2010
Zara pls!
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by hothead(m): 11:26pm On Jul 16, 2010
Well it depends on your target market.

Topman/Topshop might just give you better turn overs. undecided undecided undecided

Zara too is worth looking into, cool

Not a big fan of H&M lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by mbulela: 7:40am On Jul 19, 2010
Sariba:

Hi every1

I am moving from Switzerland to Lagos in around a years time together with my nigerian boyfriend.
Therefore I am looking around for a business opportunity. What I was thinking is buying a franchise from a fahsion company (both for men and/or women).
Last time I came to Lagos I saw that Mango has opened its first store, which shop, style etc. would you guys most love to see in Lagos?

I really hope for some feedback and thank you in advance!!!!

xo

you want to buy a Zara franchise?
I don't think Zara sell individual franchise.they move into a particular region and partner with a big retailer to open a couple of stores.
Most times they go it alone.
At present they are only expanding into South Africa and Australia for next two financial years (2010 - 2012).
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by zebra543: 1:44pm On Jul 19, 2010
theres already a mango truth is nigerian women move on hype, both will do more but seemings zara is more expensive and may seem as a more 'exotic' mature type of brand I will go for that, esp lagos girls very very easy to sell crap to as long as you know how to hype it!
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by Sariba(f): 1:12pm On Jul 22, 2010
Thank you for your comments.

@ mbuela: Where did you get these information from?
I'm still trying to get in touch with the right ppl from Zara (not quite easy)

@zebra 543: I love Mango a lot, but since theres already one I gotta go for something else.
You probably right with the hype thing but you know, if I open a shop, I really wanna love it!!! You know?!
Should be something ppl love - not only bcz its a hype!

So, any other suggestions for labels or styles?
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by zebra543: 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2010
unfortunately dear only a handful of people will come because they 'love it' nigerian 'girls' aka your target customers live off 'hype'!
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by Sariba(f): 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2010
Hypes are short, what about something that is more long term oriented? There must be a brand,
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by Travelista(f): 4:36pm On Jul 22, 2010
OP, I think what you have in mind is great. Your money wouldn't only come from Nigerian girls; remember, there is also a large expat community in Nigeria with cash to burn. You want to make sure that those with disposable income are your regulars; the flash in the pan folks should never be your bread and butter. I like the idea of H&M seeing as their goods aren't expensive and they feature of the moment trends but it might put off older clientele.

Zebra543's right though: you should focus on a brand that doesn't cater specifically to the younger crowd. I wish Nigeria had a Saks or Neiman's; they'd pull in money hand over fist. I think Harvey Nichols' location in the Middle East is a franchise; maybe you could bring a recognized department store to Lagos through a partnership? That way, you have something for everyone.

Either way, good luck and keep us posted. If I'm in Nigeria at the time, I'd love to come for the opening! smiley

1 Like

Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by Sariba(f): 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2010
Travelista, thank you very much! I'm not yet familiar with all the names you've mentioned but I'm gonna check them out (we dont have them in Switzerland).

I'll let you know as soon as I'm gonna open my shop!!! I'll def. post it on nairaland!!! Let's pop the champaign, cant wait!wink

xo
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by mbulela: 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2010
Sariba:

Thank you for your comments.

@ mbuela: Where did you get these information from?

I'm still trying to get in touch with the right ppl from Zara (not quite easy)

@zebra 543: I love Mango a lot, but since theres already one I gotta go for something else.
You probably right with the hype thing but you know, if I open a shop, I really wanna love it!!! You know?!
Should be something ppl love - not only bcz its a hype!

So, any other suggestions for labels or styles?

I have distant links with the firm working with them in one of the two countries they are planning to enter in the next 24 months.
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by whiteroses(f): 11:10am On Aug 05, 2010
h&m what sort of audience in lagos do you wish to target, but i kinda like zara as well, have you looked into lipsy, axparis n topshop? that will do your business so much good and dont worry about price they will buy it all in nigeria esp abuja and lagos, they will pay hundreds of thousands for a cute dress, my cousin did a 150k lace front wig her dad bought it, i nearly passed out isnt a tokubo car 150k? anyway good luck.
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by sexxxxy(f): 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2010
zebra543:

theres already a mango truth is nigerian women move on hype, both will do more but seemings zara is more expensive and may seem as a more 'exotic' mature type of brand I will go for that, esp lagos girls very very easy to sell crap to as long as you know how to hype it!

hmmmmm,, Is Zara more expensive than Mango?
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by zebra543: 12:19am On Aug 25, 2010
yes, zara generally has alot more clothes that will cost more, dont get confused by zara basics, their higher end clothes cost alot more
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by dt236: 2:04am On Mar 18, 2012
i can supply zara, h&M, topshop, riverisland, marks spencer clothes at below wholesale prices. all 100% genuine. you dont need franchise

email me at sara.green@redglobalventures.com
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by BABE3: 12:36am On Mar 24, 2012
H&M.... There's a large market for H&M (compared to Zara) in Nigeria.
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by base11(f): 9:52am On Mar 28, 2012
Exactly that is what most people dont know. You cannot compare the profit you'll get with H and M compared to Zara, Nigerians love cheap things and expensive as well. As we all know we have more of the middle class and the poor in the land. Most of those shops at the palms are always empty and even when u see pple they are just window shopping. If those clothes were cheap, people would buy them as soon as they get on the wrack. Just my two cents.
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by BABE3: 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
base 1: Exactly that is what most people dont know. You cannot compare the profit you'll get with H and M compared to Zara, Nigerians love cheap things and expensive as well. As we all know we have more of the middle class and the poor in the land. Most of those shops at the palms are always empty and even when u see pple they are just window shopping. If those clothes were cheap, people would buy them as soon as they get on the wrack. Just my two cents.

Very on point. I like the "the palms" example.
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by AtmSkimmExperts: 2:08am On Aug 28, 2014
hmm
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by YouSeeMeNow: 2:18am On Aug 28, 2014
My lilly sister bought a zara franchise from a france company and everything went fine, is fashion based website hmmm...the name is Www.fashion-franchise.com
Re: Zara, H&M : In Lagos ?! by ultrazone(m): 7:43pm On Jan 08, 2019
Franchising opport

(1) (Reply)

Baby Thongies: New Baby Diapers? (Pic) / Lady Cautions, "Do Not Lend Anybody Your Wig" / Do U Know About Glutathione, Do U Know Glutathione Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.