Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' (7828 Views)

If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? / When She Is Not A Virgin And She Says " No Sex Till Marriage ". / LMAO: See What A Guy Did After His GF Asked Him To Choose Between Her & His Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by naso2(m): 4:49pm On Jul 08, 2010
MY PEOPLE MAKE UNA NO VEX. . . . .I NO TOO DEY COME DIS SECTION BEFORE BUT KATAKATA CARRY ME REACH HERE. MAKE UNA HELP ME JUDGE DIS MATTER.

She is exciting to be with and really engaging when you talk to her BUT one problem dey. She does not care if your are watching an exciting football match or not. Whenever she calls , you must be ready to converse , anything short is seen as an expression that football is more important than her. And for us a 20-minute call is short. It gets worse when she knows there is a match going on. She interprets every move as an attempt to discharge her .

As I like football reach, na only 20 minutes I watch for  el-classico (REAL vs BARCA). She called during the first half of the match and since I was watching with some other guys and could not really converse during the match, she made remarks that I valued the match more than her, else I should prove it by leaving the match to talk to her.  The thing pain me well , well but I just manage leave the match come go dey talk for phone. After that incident I warned her that towing that line was dangerous for us.

ENTER WORLD CUP……,
I am so passionate about football that I sqeezed out a 3 weeks leave just after the start of the world cup. I no just wan miss any match. The day Kaita messed everything up , na so baby start they harass me that if I was feeling bad, it was self-inflicted , that watching the match was my choice and if the results turned out bad , I should pick myself up and relate to her like nothing was wrong , that she did not care.  Later I devised a strategy of switching off my phone during very important matches.

But yesterday in that all important semi final match After deliberately missing mid-week church service,I went to one of these nice MTN centres , dey chill with chapman and smallchops. Before the match I was too confident that Germany would win (OCTOPUS or not), so you can imagine my state of confusion when those short ,aki-and-pawpaw-like Barca boys dey confuse my die MANCHAFT.

Just 15 minutes into the match na so Phone ring . I definitely was not going to pick. I knew if there was an emergency she would send a text. At the end of the match I had 7  missed calls and was personally feeling too bad(because of the result) to even talk to anyone. I just go my house go sleep.

Since this morning I have been calling, and she has also refused to pick. I know I will not apologise for this one , as it would mean approving of this her style.

Sometimes I feel she is being too insensitive, by trying to stand in the way of one of the things that I am really passionate about. It might be football today……. I no know wetin e go turn to tomorrow.

Candid advice , what should I have done differently?
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by GENERALG2(m): 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2010
From what u said, I'll say u handled the situation well. I'd have done same.
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by naso2(m): 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^
Thank you my guy. me self feel say i try small. that el-classico still dey pain me reach today. grin
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by fotolord: 5:07pm On Jul 08, 2010
;d smiley ;d :p ;d ;d ;d
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by LOVE4BUG(f): 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2010
Chei! bros i like your grammar die kiss kiss. very sound, easy to understand cheesy(unless u no be naija brought up)

Carry go bros grin grin

Infact let me replace that babe grin grin

1 Like

Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by denitro(m): 5:47pm On Jul 08, 2010
na_so:

The thing pain me well , well but I just manage leave the match come go dey talk for phone. After that incident I warned her that towing that line was dangerous for us.[/b]

I like that, what if you are a football coach would she insist on calling you during a match,
For a good relationship to last, each partner has to respect each others space.
There is a time for everything,
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by naso2(m): 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2010
LOVE.4BUG:

Chei! bros i like your grammar die  kiss kiss. very sound, easy to understand cheesy(unless u no be naija brought up)

Carry go bros grin grin

Infact let me replace that babe grin grin

really? thanks . infact u flatter me all my belle na sugar factory now grin grin But forget o, me na last pako AJ city brought up o. na education help person small.
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by alukofunmi: 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2010
you do well my brother,how can one be so selfish if she no like football make she chill,no be say meke she con dey take her own disturb you.
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by Acidosis(m): 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2010
Chairman, how much is Barcelona paying you? football dey destroy career o.We all like football but in your own case, you need quick intervention.
BTW, your decision make sense die!
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by naso2(m): 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2010
Infact she just called for the first today and sounding like i murdered someone . Infact na vex and laugh mix inside me now.
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by Iceugwa(m): 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2010
Make to understand that a football match is just 2 hours after that 22 hours belong to her. I wonder why girls behave this way.
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by buttie: 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2010
If you value ur relatnship with her explain to her very well (women cld be like dat sometimes), But u r a good man
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by Travelista(f): 8:42pm On Jul 08, 2010
You're both acting out of pocket.

For you: You like soccer. We get it but you may be taking things a bit too far. If the loss of a game is causing you to tune the rest of the world out, your priorities may be misaligned; you need more hobbies, hun. This is coming from someone that barely says more than a few words to her boyfriend during a match until half time; matches are serious but they're meant to be stress outlets and branches of our lives and not the entire tree. Be a little more flexible with your girl.

For your girl: I wish I could meet her just to slap some sense into her. Is she just learning that you like soccer? Was someone dying? If 'no' is the answer to either question, you need to sit her down and have a serious heart to heart. The incessant calling is almost stalkerish and she needs to know that couples are allowed (encouraged even!) to have interests outside the other person.

If she likes soccer, invite her to come over and watch with you; if she's not a fan, tell her it's your time alone and promise to hang out once the game is over.
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2010
Problem well handled. Allow her to come back to her senses . . . dating her does not mean losing your passion for other aspects of life.
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by queeneve: 8:16am On Jul 09, 2010
Poster,

Put yourself in her shoe, WHAT IF SHE UHMMM let just say No sex until let say September 30 because Cheerleading is on or uhmmm Fasjion Week show is on or whatever it is that she likes,

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?

The whole point of it is that you are neglecting her desires and if you TOTALLY IGNORING HER that is wrong, YOU CAN SIMPLY COMPROMISE WHERE YOU CAN VIEW FOOTBALL and spend time with her.

If that does not work, you can simply record it and watch it at a later time THAT IF IT CAN'T BE WORKED AROUND,

COMPROMISE WITH HER AND I AM SURE YOU WILL SEE THE LIVE FOOTBALL GAMES, SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO GIVE AND TAKE
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by naso2(m): 8:21am On Jul 09, 2010
My people , I thank una well well for the many many advice. @Travelista  you be real counsellor grin grin

We managed to talk last nite and she was like "i know you love football but i need assurances that i am top priority to you as you are to me at all times".

Last , last, me wey don boast say i no fit say sorry before, just manage forge one small sorry for am. Anyway i know too well that come sunday july11, my phone goes off by 5pm. i no wan take chances grin
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by LOVE4BUG(f): 10:21am On Jul 09, 2010
ride on bro kiss
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 09, 2010
men i have laughed my head off, when will these girls know that they cannot equate themselves with foot ball, before Abraham football was, lwkmd cheesy smiley smiley smiley angry grin wink
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by ice234: 11:55am On Jul 09, 2010
Travelista:

You're both acting out of pocket.

For you: You like soccer. We get it but you may be taking things a bit too far. If the loss of a game is causing you to tune the rest of the world out, your priorities may be misaligned; you need more hobbies, hun. This is coming from someone that barely says more than a few words to her boyfriend during a match until half time; matches are serious but they're meant to be stress outlets and branches of our lives and not the entire tree. Be a little more flexible with your girl.

For your girl: I wish I could meet her just to slap some sense into her. Is she just learning that you like soccer? Was someone dying? If 'no' is the answer to either question, you need to sit her down and have a serious heart to heart. The incessant calling is almost stalkerish and she needs to know that couples are allowed (encouraged even!) to have interests outside the other person.

If she likes soccer, invite her to come over and watch with you; if she's not a fan, tell her it's your time alone and promise to hang out once the game is over.
girl go become a councelor.
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by naso2(m): 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2010
@queeneve
Abeg i no understand dis your analogy at all. We are comparing a time-specific event(football) with another, though important but not really time specific. Instead of asking me to record the match and watch later why not consider the easier option of watching the match live and talk later? If conversation is a two-way thing, then i should expect that calls come when there are minimal distractions( except calls that relate to the match ), besides as i said earlier, the average call takes over 30mins

We don dey try settle sha, but as i talk i go dey switch off my phone for better match, the only problem be say i no go fit quickly call any of my guys when any correct move happen during the match.
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by naso2(m): 12:36pm On Jul 09, 2010
Acidosis:

Chairman, how much is Barcelona paying you? football dey destroy career o.We all like football but in your own case, you need quick intervention.
BTW, your decision make sense die!

My guy, first i am not a Barca fan.

Secondly, yes we need moderation , but i get freaked by very few things. I am not a film person, neither a party person. I no want anybody to spoil market for the few things wey dey interest me. My DSTV na only sports, CI and NATGEO WILD I dey watch. so u suppose sabi the kind person wey i be.

On career. E no bad reach like that. I am not doing badly. As engrossed as i was with the worldcup matches i still wrote and passed the PMP exam in the morning of 17th june when we played greece. so u supoose see say small focus still dey.

thanx all the same.
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by kehneah: 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2010
oga,i wuld do worse
queeneve:

Poster,

Put yourself in her shoe, WHAT IF SHE UHMMM let just say No sex until let say September 30 because Cheerleading is on or uhmmm Fasjion Week show is on or whatever it is that she likes,

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?

The whole point of it is that you are neglecting her desires and if you TOTALLY IGNORING HER that is wrong, YOU CAN SIMPLY COMPROMISE WHERE YOU CAN VIEW FOOTBALL and spend time with her.

If that does not work, you can simply record it and watch it at a later time THAT IF IT CAN'T BE WORKED AROUND,

COMPROMISE WITH HER AND I AM SURE YOU WILL SEE THE LIVE FOOTBALL GAMES, SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO GIVE AND TAKE
pls,record a football match r u kidding me??be objective in ur reply pls
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by ojesymsym: 3:12pm On Jul 09, 2010
na_so:

@queeneve
Abeg i no understand dis your analogy at all. We are comparing a time-specific event(football) with another, though important but not really time specific. Instead of asking me to record the match and watch later why not consider the easier option of watching the match live and talk later? If conversation is a two-way thing, then i should expect that calls come when there are minimal distractions( except calls that relate to the match ), besides as i said earlier, the average call takes over 30mins

We don dey try settle sha, but as i talk i go dey switch off my phone for better match, the only problem be say i no go fit quickly call any of my guys when any correct move happen during the match.

@Poster, na u I blame for this mata, suppose u send her this mail when I put for here to am, u for non de ds wahala. Still send am o coz premier league, la liga and champions de come o and i non wan hear story again o.

Sweetheart, you know that there is nobody like you! My love for you is as solid as Mount Everest . You also know that I love football – abi

World Cup 2010 will start on June 11 and it’s very important that I send this memo in advance as notice that things may have to change

during this period. FIFA has already endorsed the memo. Please endeavour to read the sports section of all your favorite

newspapers so that you are adequately aware of the goings on regarding the World of Soccer. This will enable us have fruitful conversations

during the period and prevent any complaints of inadequate attention noting that conversations will be mainly about the "mundial"

During the World Cup, the TV becomes mine – every time I am at home. Please act as if the African Magic Channels do not exist during this period.

Please avoid passing in front of the TV during games. When matches are on, I may be blind, deaf and mute unless I require a

refill of my drink or need something to eat!

Please, please and please!! If you see me upset during or after any match DO NOT say "it’s only a game" because it is not. It is more than a game!

Feel free to sit with me to watch the games but reserve all discussions for half time and only when the advertisements /commercials are on.

Please note that action replays are as important as the main thing!

Finally please advise your friends and in fact our families NOT to arrange any gatherings that require my attendance as I WILL NOT GO O!!!!!!
It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs of beers in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on (excluding your body parts), and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV between 12am and 6am, unless they replay a good game that I missed during the day.

- Please, please, please!! If you see me upset because we are losing, DO NOT say "get over it, it's only a game", or "don't worry, they'll win next time". If you say these things, you will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will never ever know more about football than me and your so called "words of encouragement" will only lead to a break up or divorce.

- You are welcome to sit with me to watch one game and you can talk to me during half time but only when the commercials are on, and only if the half time score is pleasing me. In addition, please note I am saying "one" game; hence do not use the World Cup as a nice cheesy excuse to "spend time together".

- And finally, please save your expressions such as "Thank God the World Cup is only every 4 years". I am immune to these words, because before and after this comes the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, Spanish League, KPL, Grand Prix, Six Nations, hell, even WrestleMania, etc.

PS: By the way if you get stuck on the road call 999 or AA as only a nuclear bomb falling on the house will make me leave my seat in front of the TV during a match.

Thank you my darling for your cooperation and understanding.

I know you love me too!!!!!!

Your one and only sweetheart - It is a goal!!!
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by steve49ja(m): 3:37pm On Jul 09, 2010
**yawns
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by sesman(m): 3:45pm On Jul 09, 2010
also ***yawns***
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by desthan(m): 5:10pm On Jul 09, 2010
Did somebody mention ''RECORD A MATCH'' abeg go and hug a transformer, record kor! decoder ni undecided
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by LOVE4BUG(f): 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2010
steve49ja:

**yawns

sesman link=topic=475740.msg6357691#msg6357691 date=1278686748:

also ***yawns***
te]

why are you two yawning? are you bored? about wat? ohhh dis!!

ojesymsym:

@Poster, na u I blame for this mata, suppose u send her this mail when I put for here to am, u for non de ds wahala. Still send am o coz premier league, la liga and champions de come o and i non wan hear story again o.

Sweetheart, you know that there is nobody like you! My love for you is as solid as Mount Everest . You also know that I love football – abi

World Cup 2010 will start on June 11 and it’s very important that I send this memo in advance as notice that things may have to change

during this period. FIFA has already endorsed the memo. Please endeavour to read the sports section of all your favorite

newspapers so that you are adequately aware of the goings on regarding the World of Soccer. This will enable us have fruitful conversations

during the period and prevent any complaints of inadequate attention noting that conversations will be mainly about the "mundial"

During the World Cup, the TV becomes mine – every time I am at home. Please act as if the African Magic Channels do not exist during this period.

Please avoid passing in front of the TV during games. When matches are on, I may be blind, deaf and mute unless I require a

refill of my drink or need something to eat!

Please, please and please!! If you see me upset during or after any match DO NOT say "it’s only a game" because it is not. It is more than a game!

Feel free to sit with me to watch the games but reserve all discussions for half time and only when the advertisements /commercials are on.

Please note that action replays are as important as the main thing!

Finally please advise your friends and in fact our families NOT to arrange any gatherings that require my attendance as I WILL NOT GO O!!!!!!
It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs of beers in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on (excluding your body parts), and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV between 12am and 6am, unless they replay a good game that I missed during the day.

- Please, please, please!! If you see me upset because we are losing, DO NOT say "get over it, it's only a game", or "don't worry, they'll win next time". If you say these things, you will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will never ever know more about football than me and your so called "words of encouragement" will only lead to a break up or divorce.

- You are welcome to sit with me to watch one game and you can talk to me during half time but only when the commercials are on, and only if the half time score is pleasing me. In addition, please note I am saying "one" game; hence do not use the World Cup as a nice cheesy excuse to "spend time together".

- And finally, please save your expressions such as "Thank God the World Cup is only every 4 years". I am immune to these words, because before and after this comes the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, Spanish League, KPL, Grand Prix, Six Nations, hell, even WrestleMania, etc.

PS: By the way if you get stuck on the road call 999 or AA as only a nuclear bomb falling on the house will make me leave my seat in front of the TV during a match.

Thank you my darling for your cooperation and understanding.

I know you love me too!!!!!!

Your one and only sweetheart - It is a goal!!!

BUT ITS NOT MEANT FOR LAZY TWATS!!!

because ITS SOOOOOOOOO INTERESTING. kiss kiss kiss
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by ITbomb(m): 6:11pm On Jul 09, 2010
i no just understand why gal no dey reason. match na 90min after that na me and you till day break. i dey vex angry
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by yme1(f): 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2010
she has got to accept the fact that 99.9 percent of men value football more than life itself cheesy cheesy and perhaps it doesnt last forever.in as much as you spend or create time for her settles it all
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by naso2(m): 10:47am On Jul 11, 2010
y me:

she has got to accept the fact that 99.9 percent of men value football more than life itself cheesy cheesy and perhaps it doesnt last forever.in as much as you spend or create time for her settles it all

This is rather too harsh. "than life itself"?

From my post its not a problem of not spending time with her. Its an attempt by her to confirm that she is more important than any other thing in my life at all times. which i think is not safe.
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by queeneve: 10:57am On Jul 11, 2010
I bet these mofos will TURN FOOTBALL DOWN IF PUSSC WAS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

I DON'T WANNA HEAR THAT CHIT,

IF WE DENY YALL SOME AZZ YALL GO CRAZY, WHAT THE DIFFERENT WITH US WANTING SOME QUALITY TIME DURING FOOTBALL?

HYPROCRITICAL MOFOS!
Re: She Says 'choose Between Me And Football' by denzel2009: 11:03am On Jul 11, 2010
LMAO! Record football and start your own jumping around privately when everyone knows who the winner is? What a brilliant suggestion!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reason Girls Only Show Face On Their Profile Pic ( For Finding Love Purpose) / Ladies Using Their Buttocks(bom-bom) As A Display Picture (dp) / What Would You Do If You Came Back From Work One Day And Met These Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.