Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Gadgetville And Fraud - Video Games And Gadgets For Sale - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Video Games And Gadgets For Sale / Gadgetville And Fraud (16362 Views)

Fraud ALERT ALERT Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gadgetville And Fraud by O2ice(m): 10:26pm On Jul 08, 2010
Why do people come online and advertise things they don't have. I paid into Gadgetville's account over three weeks ago for a PS3 slim and he doesn't pick my calls anymore. Anyone know what's up. Moderator take note.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by texazzpete(m): 6:58am On Jul 09, 2010
You're too dumb for words. After the first week with no delivery, no alarm bells were ringing in your head?
I can't even imagine why you paid for a PS3 slim from gadjetville - his prices were WAY above market price. Why didn't you just walk down to the market yourself to pick up your PS3?

9 Likes

Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by O2ice(m): 7:27am On Jul 09, 2010
Cut out the dumb inference. If I were in a location that you walk into market and pick up one, I would have done so. Anyways I'm just informing everyone about him. I can always get a new game when I leave my current location.

3 Likes

Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by texazzpete(m): 9:35am On Jul 09, 2010
O2ice:

Cut out the dumb inference. If I were in a location that you walk into market and pick up one, I would have done so. Anyways I'm just informing everyone about him. I can always get a new game when I leave my current location.

Sorry for the harsh words, i've calmed down now i've had my morning coffee grin

I've always had something against that gadgetville guy (his unrealistically high prices), but reading through his posting history, i can see where he's in the past sprung to the defence of one Ptconsult, a notorious fraudster who defrauded some nairalanders of some of their hard earned cash.

If the guy has truly scammed you, why let it go so easily? Post his account details, his number etc so we can swing into action against this dude.

1 Like

Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by O2ice(m): 3:50am On Jul 10, 2010
I got a text and call from him today. He says he's been really sick and is just leaving the hospital today. He has given me a wednesday deadline and me being a patient and understanding dude will wait till then before posting his account and phone numbers and even uploading the teller I paid in with. My anger is that he should have kept intouch even if he were sick knowing that hard earned money is involved. Thanks for your concern. Let me wait and hope till wednesday before deciding on my next point of action

2 Likes

Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by cantell(m): 11:31am On Jul 10, 2010
Go to his bank and report the matter while you wait for him.
You can even ask for his account profile from the bank(show them ur teller and i bet they'll help you out)
So long and best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by Mobinga: 12:25am On Jul 11, 2010
I almost payed this dude N150,000 for a ps3 slim 250GB, and some other games.
He called and called and called. I told him that I can't do business like that. That he should transfer the package to me first let me confirm and test it, but he refused, he insisted I pay to his account. I stopped calling him afterwards.
Besides his prices are outrageous!!

1 Like

Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by Dolemite(f): 12:42am On Jul 11, 2010
How can things like this be done then? does that mean there are absolutely no good Nigerians to do business with?
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by ritchboy(m): 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2010
I paid into Gadgetville's account over three weeks ago for a PS3 slim and he doesn't pick my calls anymore. Anyone know what's up. Moderator take note.

u mean u actually paid money to some anonymous dude on the internet you've never met?

i almost do not feel sorry for you. . . ALMOST!  grin grin

[Gadgetville singing]magaaaaaa, don payyy, shawut ahleyhluhyaaaaaaa[/Gadgetville singing]

grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by O2ice(m): 11:15pm On Jul 27, 2010
Onalo Ezekiel Ufedo 1690001015670. oceanic bank.
These are the details of the scammer named gadgetville. You guys should beware

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by ericdry: 8:51am On Feb 16, 2011
did u ever sort this issue out with this guy, cos i think he's back, atleast the phone number's d same. i'm supposed to be picking up a laptop from him this morning.but i think i'll wait till i get a reply from mmy fellow 9jerians
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by Mobinga: 8:56am On Feb 16, 2011
Don't do any business with him. angry
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by ericdry: 9:23am On Feb 16, 2011
if i go with the police, i'd have no reason to arrest him. he hasn't swindled me yet.

i only found this thread because i like to do my research b4 getting into bed with anyone.

anyway, to the guy who was scammed, if u havent given up d search for this guy and for your money, this is what i suggest you do.

scam the scam artist. use his phone number, and google his most recent ad. when u find it, call or txt him using a friends line or a newly acquired one.

if the deal is sweet enough, he'll meet u in person.

note: if u have absolutelly no experience scaming anyone, then seek advice from any of ur unscrupulous friends, everyone is bound to have atleast 1.

at the end of the day, good luck,

if he'll meet me in person, and if the laptop is boxed, with no signs of tamper on the original hp seal, i'll buy, after testing of course,

2 Likes

Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by O2ice(m): 9:32am On Feb 16, 2011
I still haven't heard from him. I got his profile from his bank and when I choose I'll go for him. If you meet him in person, and authenticate your business, you can get stuff from him, but be careful.
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll look into it
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by rexyjay(m): 7:26am On Feb 17, 2011
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by ericdry: 8:17am On Feb 17, 2011
don't spend more money than neccesary on this matter, he stopped pickin my calls,

so i figure, someone else must be putting some pressure on him,

dont pay for private investigation, there's no such thing in 9ja, yet, angry

just wait another 2weeks and try what i prescribed.

remember, d more people u involve, d more d chances of F-ing up the operation.

oops, he's just called me, lol, who knows, maybe dis guys gone legit,

lets give him another chance,

dude, call him and ask for a refund or something
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by Mobinga: 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2011
Sticky-ied the thread.
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by O2ice(m): 1:41pm On Feb 17, 2011
if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate. I don't really know how to deal with hoodlums. I tried calling him again, but he's not picking.
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by Mobinga: 5:29pm On Feb 17, 2011
Apparently he's a lagosian. A UNILAG student. Google his name. His days are numbered angry Basturd!! I almost paid into his account sef.
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by Mobinga: 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2011
http://www.unilag.edu.ng/supp.htm <<<< He's name is on the list there. Apparently he has scammed A LOT!!! angry
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by ericdry: 4:13am On Feb 23, 2011
hey dude, take it easy, everyone can be scammed, including u. if u've never been, thank GOD.

as long as u have a little greed in u, u wanna make a quick buck, u wanna buy somethin cheaper than it really is, anything at all that concerns making money, profit or gain, U could become a victim too,

don't call anyone here gullible. u've not offered any advise, so i'm guessing u're not here to help
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by texazzpete(m): 9:52pm On Feb 28, 2011
O2ice:

if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate. I don't really know how to deal with hoodlums. I tried calling him again, but he's not picking.

Go to the Police. Then go to the UNILAG security department.
You have to destroy these people. Make him live to regret what he did to you.
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by Mobinga: 2:03pm On Mar 07, 2011
If you are looking for your comments, I deleted it, seeing as it adds nothing to the thread.

Any comments. Here

http://www.seunosewa.com/

Easy
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by ElRazur: 3:44pm On Mar 07, 2011
What a sad little boy. Enjoy your mediocrity, it still do not stop me from saying what I deem fit, provided it is within the rules.

The reason behind your bitterness is clear to see, but that's your prerogative, not mine.
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by Mobinga: 10:35pm On Mar 07, 2011
ElRazur:

What a sad little boy. Enjoy your mediocrity, it still do not stop me from saying what I deem fit, provided it is within the rules.

The reason behind your bitterness is clear to see, but that's your prerogative, not mine.

Can't you string a single sentence without grammatical errors?   
You need to replace the hate with respect.
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by ElRazur: 8:11pm On Mar 08, 2011
First, it was about trying to control what I can or cannot say on a forum! And now it is about grammatical errors!! I suppose the bitterness is really getting to you now. . .Wth??  As I mentioned before, you are a sad little boy.  Take time in enjoying your sad existence on here.

Go on and have the last say, it is not worth dignifying you with a reply again sir.
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by Mobinga: 7:19am On Mar 09, 2011
This is silly. Zero tolerance for BS.
And the irony, Sir and Little boy.
Later bro, we'd see on twitter when you unblock me. Pussy

1 Like

Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 18, 2011
smh @ thread and the little beef grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by Billyamin: 9:27pm On Feb 05, 2012
We all need to be careful of the person we are dealing with.
But i assure you guys that not all sellers here on nairaland are fraudster and before dealing with any sellers try know it's record on nairaland before exchanging hands.
For the past 3yrs I've been selling here and sometimes buy. So I think little findings on the person you're buying from you'll be safe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by blackmac: 12:27pm On Aug 27, 2012
something you should know....... don't pay for anything without setting your eyes / testing it first. no matter how sweet the person might sound. don't believe everything you read.
Re: Gadgetville And Fraud by tumixxo: 10:53pm On Jun 29, 2014
Guys check out this site!!! http://yourgamenetwork..com I never actually knew there was a site lyk this for Naija Gamers. If you're hardcore & you also do some online gaming activity like myself, It's definitely worth checking out. I really hope the site grows shaa. at least Naija Gamers would be more connected lyk IGN or something and we'll have something to boast about.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Your Gaming Consoles.. Ps5.. Ps4.. Ps3.. Switch.. Xbox One.. Xbox 360.. Etc / . / Ps4 Games For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.