Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:35 PM

Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria (8008 Views)

Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) / Man Caught With Dead Baby In Suitcase In Abuja ! / Police Arrest Luth Contractor With 66 Dead Babies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 11:56pm On Jul 08, 2010
A man allegedly caught with more than 70 dead babies has been arrested in Nigeria, police said Thursday, as the suspect claimed he was employed to bury them but was not given enough money to do so.

“We are investigating the incident and we are leaving no stone unturned in our effort to unravel the incident,” Lagos police spokesman Frank Mba told AFP. He was allegedly in possession of bags carrying the dead babies and was arrested in Lagos, Nigeria’s economic capital.

The suspect said on local television he was employed by Lagos University Teaching Hospital to take the corpses away for burial in a cemetery. He said that since he could not pay the fees being demanded at the cemetery, he decided to bury the corpses secretly in the woods.

“I decided to go and bury them in a bush but I ran out of luck,” he said.

A number of workers from the respected hospital have been taken in for questioning, said Mba, without providing further details. A senior hospital official told reporters the incident was “embarrassing” and pledged to investigate.

Read more: http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/07/08/man-caught-with-over-70-dead-babies-in-nigeria/#ixzz0t8P6lXkO
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by MrAnus: 11:55am On Jul 09, 2010
arrrhhha, Suya in the making!!
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by Tolulop001(f): 11:56am On Jul 09, 2010
nah wah o lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 11:59am On Jul 09, 2010
Mr Anus:

shocked shocked shocked. Now thats in bad taste.
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by sirp2007: 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2010
strange things are signs of end time.these days we cant even stop asking ourselves what next?
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by eloii: 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2010
snowdrops:

A man allegedly caught with more than 70 dead babies has been arrested in Nigeria, police said Thursday, as the suspect claimed he was employed to bury them but was not given enough money to do so.

“We are investigating the incident and we are leaving no stone unturned in our effort to unravel the incident,” Lagos police spokesman Frank Mba told AFP. He was allegedly in possession of bags carrying the dead babies and was arrested in Lagos, Nigeria’s economic capital.

The suspect said on local television he was employed by Lagos University Teaching Hospital to take the corpses away for burial in a cemetery. He said that since he could not pay the fees being demanded at the cemetery, he decided to bury the corpses secretly in the woods.

A number of workers from the respected hospital have been taken in for questioning, said Mba, without providing further details. A senior hospital official told reporters the incident was “embarrassing” and pledged to investigate.

Read more: http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/07/08/man-caught-with-over-70-dead-babies-in-nigeria/#ixzz0t8P6lXkO

The police should not realize him until he repent from His sin and be converted. (That is say GOODBYE to KIDNAPPING and MURDER)
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2010
eloii:

The police should not realize him until he repent from His sin and be converted. (That is say GOODBYE to KIDNAPPING and MURDER)
I think is about the police conducting a thorough investigation to establish the truth behind the mans claims. In an ideal society, they would carry out autopsies on all the corpses to determine the cause of death. All persons behind the dastardly act should by all means be brought to book.
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by qrich: 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2010
no be today nyash dey for back
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by Parnassuss(m): 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2010
Hey, at least there's not some bizarre twist, the fellow's done bad but I'm ashamed to say I've seen worse. cry
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by anitabest(f): 12:28pm On Jul 09, 2010
na wa for waec.
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by Iyineda(m): 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2010
Sad.
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by trusted(m): 12:48pm On Jul 09, 2010
OMG! 70 Dead babies?,
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by VALIDATOR: 1:16pm On Jul 09, 2010
snowdrops:

Are the procedures in LUTH really that loose?
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by otondo55: 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2010
70 ?  Heartless  !!!!

Wickedness to humanity,

How can these general hospitals kill at wish.

very set of wicked people.
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by Thor(m): 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2010
At least he did not roast them on old car tyres and try to sell them in the street as crispy snacks  grin grin

Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2010
VALIDATOR:

Are the procedures in LUTH really that loose?

Loose is putting it mildly, in November 2009, I was advised by friends that LUTH had the best medical practitioners in Lagos and they worked as consultants for other swank and expensive health institutions in Ikoyi/VI. so i opted LUTH to deliver my first child, as expected, I had several hurdles from inconsistent procedures, documentation, weird payment practices and very bureaucratic processes. my only consolation was that Dr. Ajayi was famed for being the best in his field so i put my faith in a cowboy-hat wearing, 50+ Doctor.

In the end i witness two post-birth deaths and one infant got infected. why, negligence. a woman just delivered and donated the required two pints of blood which she did not require until after she left the delivery ward and doctors saw a complication. 30 minutes after, they still could not pickup the blood from the ward which was still left unused after she died on her bed. because they think they need it for the other woman who was scheduled to deliver. 2 deaths.

We left without taking a single prescription or infant injections because they could not find out prescription that we paid N22,000 (N11,000 twice because they claimed we made payments to the wrong cashier and getting a refund was a long process).

The Clinic they direct you for testing give you wrong results and you are kept in the ward for so long you get infected. my wife did and that was the last straw. i paid up everything payable and left. I shall never visit LUTH even in Death  angry
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by Reptyle(m): 2:19pm On Jul 09, 2010
This story was simply over sensationalized. LUTH has confirmed to the police that the man is a licensced contractor charged with disposing unclaimed bodies at the hospital's morgue for a fee. The only thing the police is holding him on is that he deviated from the standard practice of burying the bodies at the Atan cemetary. He chose instead to dispose of them in a bush somewhere in Ikorodu because, according to him, he did not have enough cash to pay the dues at the cemetary, after spending a chunk of the contractual fee on bribing some hospital officials. smiley
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by r231(m): 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2010
wow
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by ice234: 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2010
Where are the bakassi boys time to call on them again
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by denony(m): 3:01pm On Jul 09, 2010
many ungodly things are happening
but how manage 70 dead bodies at a go
i am beginning to suspect LUTH, are they killing in mass?
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:03pm On Jul 09, 2010
Moderator, what gives!!! angry if you are partisan to LUTH, just say so and stop deleting my posts
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by oluagness(m): 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2010
Nawa for this man o, let police carry out their detail investigation before we draw conclude
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by Tolulop001(f): 3:32pm On Jul 09, 2010
Reptyle:

This story was simply over sensationalized. LUTH has confirmed to the police that the man is a licensced contractor charged with disposing unclaimed bodies at the hospital's morgue for a fee. The only thing the police is holding him on is that he deviated from the standard practice of burying the bodies at the Atan cemetary. He chose instead to dispose of them in a bush somewhere in Ikorodu because, according to him, he did not have enough cash to pay the dues at the cemetary, after spending a chunk of the contractual fee on bribing some hospital officials. smiley

thanks for the heads up jare
people are always so ready to bash federal institutions and hospitals in particular.
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by UNLEASHED(m): 3:37pm On Jul 09, 2010
70 pigglets or 70 rodents?
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by Spyker: 4:11pm On Jul 09, 2010
i wonder how he carried them. No matter how small a baby is but 70 babies is too much. Hope the newspapers did not add 0 beside 7 (i.e. 70). Naija and gory news.
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by sandee575(f): 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2010
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria
« #3 on: Today at 11:59:24 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Mr Anus on Today at 11:55:53 AM

. Now thats in bad taste.

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM AN ARSE-HOLE
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by skfa1: 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2010
Crazy!
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by 13volts(m): 4:51pm On Jul 09, 2010
70 babies from 70 hookers.
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by mamagee3(f): 5:14pm On Jul 09, 2010
Lord have mercy. shocked shocked shocked

Are we in the age of cannibalism? shocked
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by princekevo(m): 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2010
LOl!!! this is the kinda stories you hear from animal kingdom called Nigeria.
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by mamagee3(f): 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2010
princekevo:

LOl!!! this is the kinda stories you hear from animal kingdom called Nigeria.
grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Man Caught With Over 70 Dead Babies In Nigeria by pareto(m): 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2010
He has to be really interrogated cos i dont think he can be doing this alone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Women Kidnapped In Wurma, Katsina, 10 Rescued / Man Lands In Police Net In Lokoja For Raising False Alarm Over Missing Manhood / Is This A Cultist Handshake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.