Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Nigerians Prepare For Post-world Cup Xenophobia Threat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Prepare For Post-world Cup Xenophobia Threat (1388 Views)

Buhari To Nigerians: Prepare For Hard Times In 2016 / Nigerians Prepare To Say Goodbye To BIAFRANS / Nigeria Should Prepare For Post Boko Haram – UN Analyst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Prepare For Post-world Cup Xenophobia Threat by paddylo1(m): 1:46am On Jul 09, 2010
[size=14pt]Nigerians prepare for post-World Cup xenophobia threat[/size]
FRIDAY, 09 JULY 2010

LEADERS of the Nigerian community have started rallying their compatriots in readiness for the rumoured xenophobia attacks on non-South African indigenes after the 2010 World Cup, which ends on Sunday.

Since the beginning of last week, there have been rumour of planned xenophobic attacks on foreigners by ‘aggrieved’ South African hotheads.
Already, some foreigners, mainly Zimbabweans, have fled their homes and shops in the locations outside the major cities of South Africa.
Although the police have dispelled fears of such attacks on foreigners, there is a strong belief among migrants that the rumour must have some elements of truth.

According to a Nigerian hotelier in Johannesburg, Isaac Iwuoha, “we have circulated the notice to Nigerians to be careful of where they go because this is exactly how the last attacks on foreigners began.
“Some police friends of mine have warned me to be careful and tell my brothers in the locations to come to the city until when the authorities come to grip with the threat.”

Iwuoha said Nigerians knew how to take care of themselves in the cities because “the last time the South Africans tried it we gave it back to them.”
“But we are concerned about the safety of Nigerians living in such locations as Soweto and the inner towns because they are outnumbered.”
According to Iwuoha, the attacks are perpetrated by jealous South Africans who feel oppressed by the foreigners. ‘‘Some of these people are lazy. They refuse to work yet they are jealous of other peoples’ way of life.

“When they see a Nigerian riding flashy cars and living in big home just after two years of arrival in the country they become jealous and take to violence.
“The last time they tried, we retaliated so brutally that I don’t think any of them who experienced the last fight will think of starting anything against Nigerians again.
But we are being careful to avoid any surprise.”

http://ww2.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16330:nigerians-prepare-for-post-world-cup-xenophobia-threat&catid=59:home&Itemid=620
Re: Nigerians Prepare For Post-world Cup Xenophobia Threat by paddylo1(m): 1:48am On Jul 09, 2010
Ok u Nigerians that are in SA better take care of yourselfs.  .The vuvuzela is over. . its now back to reality
dont go and become a mumu zela for no SouthAfrican. . . . cool
Re: Nigerians Prepare For Post-world Cup Xenophobia Threat by MrFire: 1:50am On Jul 09, 2010
paddy_lo:

[size=14pt]Nigerians prepare for post-World Cup xenophobia threat[/size]
FRIDAY, 09 JULY 2010

[
“When they see a Nigerian riding flashy cars and living in big home just after two years of arrival in the country they become jealous and take to violence.
“The last time they tried, we retaliated so brutally that I don’t think any of them who experienced the last fight will think of starting anything against Nigerians again.
But we are being careful to avoid any surprise.”

http://ww2.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16330:nigerians-prepare-for-post-world-cup-xenophobia-threat&catid=59:home&Itemid=620

Like we do not know how some of them got to be living big. Hard work ko, panadol ni
Re: Nigerians Prepare For Post-world Cup Xenophobia Threat by RSA(m): 9:58am On Jul 09, 2010
Threats are just that threats from unriliable sources.newspapers hopes something will happen,they are encouraging it to happens.The last time people where killed was because Zimbabwean boys gang raped a South African girl in Alexendra township and the community went and attacked those gang and it escalated to other foreigners and to other township.It was not organised or planned.

The reality is we have a big population of illigal people in our country who commit crimes,and most of them lives in this poor communities where they can hide,although most of this criminals do crime else where and come and hide in this comunities,they sometimes steals from their neighbour,and in South Africa poor comunities they don't call the cops,they sort you out,mob justice.

Most illigal Zimbabweans are armrobbers and some Nigerians buys stolen goods and they also big in drugdealings.That my brothers and Sisters is a fact,I am not asking you belief me but I am telling the truth.
Re: Nigerians Prepare For Post-world Cup Xenophobia Threat by idnole4(m): 10:42am On Jul 09, 2010
The reality is we have a big population of illigal people in our country who commit crimes,and most of them lives in this poor communities where they can hide,although most of this criminals do crime else where and come and hide in this comunities,they sometimes steals from their neighbour,and in South Africa poor comunities they don't call the cops,they sort you out,mob justice.

Yea, I agreed some Nigerians deals in drug. However, I disagreed majority of illegal people in S.A commit crime. The most of these illegal migrants are those engaged in such activities like barbering and selling stuffs on road sides. Poor South African are lazy, they have little or no business acumen. They are the ones that commits most of these crimes. I once stayed for a month in a remote township in Newcastle, I know what I am talking about.
Re: Nigerians Prepare For Post-world Cup Xenophobia Threat by Katsumoto: 11:03am On Jul 09, 2010
id-nole4:

Yea, I agreed some Nigerians deals in drug. However, I disagreed majority of illegal people in S.A commit crime. The most of these illegal migrants are those engaged in such activities like barbering and selling stuffs on road sides. Poor South African are lazy, they have little or no business acumen. They are the ones that commits most of these crimes. I once stayed for a month in a remote township in Newcastle, I know what I am talking about.

I agree with you; there are many Zimbabweans in SA. Many of the waiters and drivers in SA are Zimbabweans. They tend to be very docile, which explains why they bore the brunt of xenophobic attacks in SA while Nigerians were largely unaffected. Violent crime in SA is not committed by immigrants but by south africans. I also agree that there are Nigerian drug dealers in SA but I would rather be a drug dealer than a HIV infected man who rapes a baby. HIV infected south african men rape babies and little girls in the imbecilic belief that doing so, would cure their HIV/AIDS.
Re: Nigerians Prepare For Post-world Cup Xenophobia Threat by RSA(m): 11:35am On Jul 09, 2010
The bottom line is locals knows who commits crime,and they know where they are hiding and when they run out of their patience,bodies will burn and ya people will be crying murder.Poor people don't trust cops,cause cops get bribes that is why they take the law in to their hands.I don't think they hate foreigners because they're from Africa but they hate their criminal factors.And Crime in township apparently drop dramatically after the violence in 2008,that is why most communities still refuse entry to foreigners in their place.
Let me tell a personal experience,I have been in three places where we were robbed at gun point,and all those roberies where commited by Zimbabweans,I knew that they where Zimbabweans because in all those instances they where speaking some Ndebele and Shona.It is a open secret in South Africa that MOST armrobbers are former soldiers of Zimbabwe,they are well trained and have a good supply of weaponery.

Nigerians sells drug,counterfeit DVD,CD and sell stolen goods like cellphones,VCR,TV and other equipments.That my friends are the facts.
Re: Nigerians Prepare For Post-world Cup Xenophobia Threat by Horus(m): 11:52pm On Jul 09, 2010
Why xenophobic attacks are against black foreigners?.
They don't seem to attack white foreigners. This is very strange!!
Re: Nigerians Prepare For Post-world Cup Xenophobia Threat by strangleyo: 3:43am On Jul 10, 2010
Horus:

Why xenophobic attacks are against black foreigners?.
They don't seem to attack white foreigners. This is very strange!!

But they are not in competition for the same jobs, housing and medical facilities as whites.

Whites, Asians and other foreigners occupy the upper strata of society where people don't compete using violence.

Black RSA = Medieval Europe.

(1) (Reply)

How We Rig Elections In Nigeria:donald Duke / ‘South West To Back Ibb’ / D’banj’s “kokolette” Interview With Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.