Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked (9684 Views)

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / Winners Chapel Homosexual Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Golders: 5:13am On Jul 09, 2010
Anglican priest derobed
Saturday, 03 July 2010 00:00 Nigerian Compass

An Anglican Priest, Rev Onyeka Mbachu, attached to Amichi Diocese, Nnewi South Local Government Area, Anambra State, has been derobed by the Bishop of the Diocese, Rt. Rev Ephraim Ikeakor for allegedly being involved in homosexual practices.

According to the Bishop, the action is contrary to the norms of the Anglican Church and Christian Faith,  and the derobing which was announced  on the last day of the Diocesan Synod held at Cathedral Church of Saint Andrew, Amichi, would serve as a deterrent to would-be future offenders.

To the faithfuls who were gathered during a full Sunday service when the announcement was made, the Diocese’s action did not come as a surprise as they had pre-knowledge of the dastardly act.
Bishop Ikeakor said further that his action became necessary in view of the speculation in some quarters that he was protecting and supporting the priest.

He pointed out that from Sunday June 13, 2010; the said priest ceased to be an Anglican priest.
The Bishop had earlier refused to disclose the offence describing it was an in-house matter which he didn’t want to make public.  However, he admitted that the priest did not conform to what was expected of him as an Anglican Priest.

Nigerian Compass’ investigation revealed that he committed the offence at Ebenezer Church, Unubi, where he was serving. The investigation also showed that the priest had been in this unholy act until the matter came to light in December last year.  Subsequently,  the Bishop first suspended Mbachu but  later recalled him. This did not in anyway deter the priest from continuing in his shameful act.

The continuation forced many of the faithfuls to petition the Bishop demanding that he be sanctioned, and sequel to delay in carrying out action against the priest, they had no other option except to believe that the Bishop was protecting him.

Buttressing their point, they cited a case of a deacon of the Diocese allegedly dismissed by the Bishop for impregnating and aborting the pregnancy of a teenager.

The derobed priest was ordained two years ago by the Bishop of Nnewi Diocese, Rt. Rev. Dr. G.I.N Okpala.  He joined the priesthood of the Diocese when it was created last year.

Married with a child, the priest has also served at Abubor, Nnewi prior to being transferred to Amichi.

By Cyprian Ebele, Nnewi

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62396:anglican-priest-derobed&catid=672:top-stories&Itemid=794
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Ninapha(f): 12:08pm On Jul 09, 2010
Oh God! have mercy, Who shall we run to except thee! cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by oisehumen(m): 12:11pm On Jul 09, 2010
Signs of end-time!
Big shame
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by ice234: 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2010
God please forgive ur cause we know not what we do.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by qrich: 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2010
This guy should be watched. I hope he does not go to start a new church
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by eloii: 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2010
This world is runing to an end. The sin in this world is greater than the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah. All we are pleading is God's Mercy. [size=8pt][size=8pt]Ebere Chukwu.[/size][/size]
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Tolulop001(f): 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2010
wahala dey angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Sissy3(f): 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2010
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Kay17: 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2010
eloii:

This world is runing to an end. The sin in this world is greater than the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah. All we are pleading is God's Mercy. [size=8pt][size=8pt]Ebere Chukwu.[/size][/size]
the position of the Anglican Church on homosexuality is not clear, prominent figures of the Church like Desmond Tutu tacitly back it.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by AyoAina: 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2010
na wa o lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by ricky01: 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2010
na wa oh, god take control,
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by EvilBrain1(m): 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2010
eloii:

This world is runing to an end. The sin in this world is greater than the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah. All we are pleading is God's Mercy.

Actually, the reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah wasn't the homosexuality as is commonly believed. Homosexuality was pretty commonplace in the ancient world just as it is now and was not considered such a big deal.

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of the awful way they treated their guests. Instead of offering them food and board, they tried to gang rape them. Lot (and his family) was the only one showed the proper hospitality (even offering the men of Sodom both of his daughters to "do what you will with" in place of his guests).

Unfortunately, the two guests in question just happened to be angels of the most high god. And God doesn't take kindly to being threatened with gang-rape, hence the rain of fire.

There's a similar story in Judges (I can't remember the chapter, sorry) involving the men of Benjamin trying to rape another guest. Instead, the guy gave them his slave girl whom they proceeded to rape to death. The following day, the guy cut her body into 12 pieces and sent them to the other 12 tribes to let them know what happened. I can't remember the details but it lead to a big civil war between Benjamin and the other tribes. Tens of thousands died and the  Benjamite cities got burned down.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by EvilBrain1(m): 1:48pm On Jul 09, 2010
Evil Brain:

Actually, the reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah wasn't the homosexuality as is commonly believed. Homosexuality was pretty commonplace in the ancient world just as it is now and was not considered such a big deal.

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of the awful way they treated their guests. Instead of offering them food and board, they tried to gang despoil them. Lot (and his family) was the only one showed the proper hospitality (even offering the men of Sodom both of his daughters to "do what you will with" in place of his guests).

Unfortunately, the two guests in question just happened to be angels of the most high god. And God doesn't take kindly to being threatened with gang-despoil, hence the rain of fire.

There's a similar story in Judges (I can't remember the chapter, sorry) involving the men of Benjamin trying to despoil another guest. Instead, the guy gave them his slave girl whom they proceeded to despoil to death. The following day, the guy cut her body into 12 pieces and sent them to the other 12 tribes to let them know what happened. I can't remember the details but it lead to a big civil war between Benjamin and the other tribes. Tens of thousands died and the  Benjamite cities got burned down.

Found it. Judges chapter 19 and 20.

Actually, you should start from ch 19 verse 10 and read down. Very interesting stuff.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by EvilBrain1(m): 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2010
wtf is gang-despoil?

Sorry o, I meant gang-r@pe.

This nairaland sef!
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by snthesis(m): 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2010
Evil Brain:

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of the awful way they treated their guests. Instead of offering them food and board, they tried to gang despoil them. Lot (and his family) was the only one showed the proper hospitality (even offering the men of Sodom both of his daughters to "do what you will with" in place of his guests).

Unfortunately, the two guests in question just happened to be angels of the most high god. And God doesn't take kindly to being threatened with gang-despoil, hence the rain of fire.

There's a similar story in Judges (I can't remember the chapter, sorry) involving the men of Benjamin trying to despoil another guest. Instead, the guy gave them his slave girl whom they proceeded to despoil to death. The following day, the guy cut her body into 12 pieces and sent them to the other 12 tribes to let them know what happened. I can't remember the details but it lead to a big civil war between Benjamin and the other tribes. Tens of thousands died and the  Benjamite cities got burned down.
u r so so wrong- u r backing up d wrong tree!
Sodom and Gomorrah  was destroyed cos of homosexuality (which is d very height of perversity) dont cover it up by twisting the obvious. feel sorry for the world today with the sudden open embrace(some twisted churches) of such a sick act-implications simply is dat sooner dan later tis coming to an end.
so please save d planet "fck a girl today and dont stop"
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by topkin(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2010
Wonders will never cease to end!  undecided
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Reptyle(m): 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2010
Kay 17:

the position of the Anglican Church on homosexuality is not clear, prominent figures of the Church like Desmond Tutu tacitly back it.

The Anglican church in Nigeria has always firmly opposed homosexuality. The immediate past Primate of the church, Archbishop Akinola, was quite outspoken about it and the church in Nigeria was in the forefront of Anglican Communions from across the world who severed ties with the US Ecumenical Church for ordaining a homosexual priest. South Africa has legalized homosexuality so I guess Desmond Tutu has to toe the line in order to remain relevant in the scheme of things smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by viclee009: 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2010
Christian should beware of Priest of whatever denomination who don't live up to their vow.
People go to church to serve God not to have a minister looking at their asses. these so called ministers are
agents of the devil. left with them, churches will turn a blind eye. Let us continue to pray to God to protect us
from these agents and demons in human faces.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by msaalli(m): 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2010
Evil Brain:

By your same logic, is it not awkward that both sets of mobs were offered female substitutes? and also that both females would still have been gang-raped? If it wasn't so much an offence, I can bet there were no shortage of males in both households.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by oisehumen(m): 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2010
msaalli:

By your same logic, is it not awkward that both sets of mobs were offered female substitutes? and also that both females would still have been gang-despoiled? If it wasn't so much an offence, I can bet there were no shortage of males in both households.
top_kin:

Wonders will never cease to end!  undecided

Reptyle:

The Anglican church in Nigeria has always firmly opposed homosexuality. The immediate past Primate of the church, Archbishop Akinola, was quite outspoken about it and the church in Nigeria was in the forefront of Anglican Communions from across the world who severed ties with the US Ecumenical Church for ordaining a homosexual priest. South Africa has legalized homosexuality so I guess Desmond Tutu has to toe the line in order to remain relevant in the scheme of things smiley

To be relevant in the sight of men and irrelevant in the sight of God;
To be relevant in the sight of God and irrelevant in the sight of men.

Choose you this day; which of the above is honorable?
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by vinmol: 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2010
God had seen the sin of Soddom and Gomorrah and had sent those angels to go destroy it, that was why when they were parting from Abraham
he begged and kept asking if you find 20 good men will you spare the city,10,5 , and when the angels entered, they proved it more by coming to despoil(evil brain) them.

the bible is very clear abut this, galatians 5:19. so please let not give into peverted ways and justify it because of modern times.
God does not change neither will his word change, he remains the same, so please lets not bring in sophistication and close our eyes to evil

homosexuality, lesbianism is evil and from the pit of hell!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by dustydee: 4:20pm On Jul 09, 2010
God forgive us all
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by jonsn: 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2010
This is absolutely disgusting. @ first I thought the issue of celibacy should be reviewed as a result of the inability to stay without having sex, But now it's so obvious that it's all about sin and a need for mental evaluation of the celibates.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by uyakachi(m): 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2010
IS TOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I DONT KNOW WHO TO TRUST ANYMORE
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Pimpu(m): 4:54pm On Jul 09, 2010
na today,
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Okijajuju1(m): 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2010
Homosexual priest and everyone is screaming "end of the world".

You christians are funny sets of people. grin You are suprised your priests love @ss?!!
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by EvilBrain1(m): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2010
vinmol:

God had seen the sin of Soddom and Gomorrah and had sent those angels to go destroy it, that was why when they were parting from Abraham
he begged and kept asking if you find 20 good men will you spare the city,10,5 , and when the angels entered, they proved it more by coming to despoil(evil brain) them.

Actually, if you settle down and read the whole story, you'll realize that you're wrong. In Genesis 18, when Abraham met the three strangers as they were passing by, he immediately had his wife make them cakes of fine meal, and he killed a "fine and good calf" for them and gave them butter and milk. In other words he treated them very kindly. The same happened when they met Lot. But when the men of Sodom met them, they immediately formed a mob. And I doubt they would have stopped at r@pe. They would most likely have robbed them first and maybe even killed them.

Genesis 18, 20-21: And the Lord said, "Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave, I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know

You see, the bible never specified that homosexuality was the sin that led to their destruction. All it says is that there was an outcry against them. But the contrast between Abraham's and Lot's treatment of their guests and that of the men of Sodom (as well as the way the bible took its time to emphasize it compared to the fleeting mention of homosexuality) says a lot.

Unfortunately most preachers like talking but hardly ever settle down to read what they are preaching about properly. And people find it so hard to let go of their preconceived ideas that they end up missing the point of the story completely.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Okijajuju1(m): 7:03pm On Jul 09, 2010
Evil Brain:

Unfortunately most preachers like talking but hardly ever settle down to read what they are preaching about properly. And people find it so hard to let go of their preconceived ideas that they end up missing the point of the story completely.

This should be the title of a best seller.

Infact I just lit a smoke to this.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by EvilBrain1(m): 7:41pm On Jul 09, 2010
msaalli:

By your same logic, is it not awkward that both sets of mobs were offered female substitutes? and also that both females would still have been gang-despoiled? If it wasn't so much an offence, I can bet there were no shortage of males in both households.

They offered female substitutes because in their culture, women had very little value compared to men. Why would you risk your precious son being r@ped to death when you can offer your daughter instead? In fact, it wasn't unusual to offer an honoured guest one of your daughters to "warm his bed" while he was staying at your house.

Back then, hospitality was a serious business and women were considered expendable. If you don't believe me, try settling down and reading Deuteronomy whenever you're free. Some of the laws in it are so obnoxiously sexist you'll be shocked.

vinmol:
homosexuality, lesbianism is evil and from the pit of hell!!!!!

Also wrong. Homosexuality is extremely common in the animal kingdom. If it was from the devil, why are there so many gay animals? Or did they all line up to eat the forbidden fruit after Adam and Eve?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

The funny thing about Christianity (and other religions) is that they ascribe supernatural causes to everything they can't explain. I don't know how anyone can believe that homosexuals willingly choose to be the way they are. As if you can choose to stop staring at bosoms and buttocks whenever a fine girl walks by. The bible says homosexuality is a sin, but it also says you shouldn't lust after women and that has never stopped me or many of our pastors (except the secretly gay ones of course) before. I like women and I can't help myself. If I ever woke up in a world were being a straight man was seen as weird, I would probably sneak around just like this priest was doing. If people just accepted him as he was, he wouldn't have had to lie.

One day, probably soon, one scientist somewhere is going to discover one abnormal gene or missing neurotransmitter or something that explains why these people (and animals) are the way they are. When that happens all the hate-spewing religious fundamentalists are going to look very silly.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Timmi: 7:58pm On Jul 09, 2010
@ Evil Brain.

With you admission that homosexuality is a sin means that it is a choice. Using your analogy, the fact that you love women is your choice. Eventhough, there is a natural affection between man and woman does not mean that man have to lust after woman. Looking is different from touching which is different from having sex. It is a progression which any man can stop at any time, yes, you can look but not touch (by choice) and yes, you can touch without carrying it further into having sex.
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Tcrack(m): 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2010
i dont know why you people are condemning the poor guy. the bible says "enter through THE NARROW GATE"  since 99.9% of the front gates you will find in naija are already wide, our bishop  decided to enter through the back one, which is the narrow gate and you are all here complaining.  you can never satisfy nigerians  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Anglican Homosexual Priest Defrocked by Enigma(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2010
Or maybe (with Yorkshire accent) he is interested in t'crack or cracks? wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Quran Burning Cancel / Pay Your Tithe Or Save A Relative's Life? / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.