Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? (1836 Views)

Just Imagining Working With My Girlfriend In The Same Office! / Office Romance: Would you date your colleague? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by viee(f): 2:21pm On Apr 05, 2007
in my place of work, it aganist the company for any sort of intimate relationship to take place be it hetrosexual or homosexual grin
i just wonder if we are missing anything because for me i feel that if i date someone in the office i will easily get bored.
since i get to spend the better part of the day with that person in the office, they wont be much to discuss in our private moments, we may even have the same circle of friends.
wont that make the relatiionship boring?
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by chuckdee4(m): 2:45pm On Apr 05, 2007
it sure would, wouldnt advice anyone to date someone in the same office, thats like having ur woman in ur face 24/7 when will u get ur own time, besides if u guys break up u'll have to come into work the next day n see her face all over again
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by dremoney(m): 4:06pm On Apr 05, 2007
its actually a matter of choice.
if ur confortable wit d idea,then its ok.
not everybody wuld like d same thing but dat kindda relationship really worked out for some pple.

candidly,
d minds involved is wat matters.
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by adeboo(f): 4:33pm On Apr 05, 2007
Just like ma guy Chuckdee has said DONT DO IT.

The thing is you see each other too often, when you break up, u still see each other.

Not really adviceable, DONT DO IT.
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by viee(f): 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2007
my feeling xcatly but what of if i start liking someone in the office, we really dnt plan to start loving pple undecided
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by viee(f): 6:14pm On Apr 05, 2007
we had the discussion once at work and most people said, it is better to ackwoledge the feelings but keep it quiet and afterwards try to get a job some where else.

for me, it will suurely b boring!

imagine watchn him spanked in the office!
gosh!
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by viee(f): 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2007
my bad i meant acknowledge/ surely
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by damsol(f): 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2007
i see nothing bad in it,
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by Seun(m): 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2007
The problem with having a relationship at work is that most relationships don't end amicably.
When you break up with her because she slept with your other colleague, it will cause problems in the office!
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by damsol(f): 6:21pm On Apr 05, 2007
if he sleep with someone in my office,thats their problem and i dont think the problem would be in the office but outside.
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by mimivicto(f): 11:12pm On Apr 05, 2007
No no no
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by iice(f): 3:33am On Apr 06, 2007
I say whatever floats your boat

Personally, i don't think i can date someone in my work place.
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by Seun(m): 4:41pm On Apr 06, 2007
Yeah. I don't think it's wrong, but it probably won't be easy. Unless you are the boss. wink
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by spoilt(f): 7:31am On Apr 07, 2007
Rule number 1 dont have sex where you work!
Complicates everything. Besides very few office romances make it to the alter.
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by CrazyMan(m): 9:16pm On Apr 07, 2007
I can't do that.
co's nothing good can come out of that relationship.
both of you are working in the same place and collecting the same salary. gush lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by viee(f): 11:11am On Apr 10, 2007
u may not be collecting the same salary.
@ seun
i guess my grouse is really about the break up part. u still get to see each other anyway i dont think that will be very comfortable for either party especially if the break up is messy cry
@ spoilt
make luv in the office? shocked
do pple do that?
guess not unless u r d boss and can shut ur door without raising eyebrows abi?
to me i just cant imagine dating my colleague
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by Everbright(f): 11:50am On Apr 10, 2007
no comments lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by chuckdee4(m): 11:57am On Apr 10, 2007
If ur beginning to have feelings for someone at ur work place and u really want to try things out with him, my advice would be that one of u find another job cos u'll be seeing them everyday, every night n they will be no more Yourself time, no matter how fine a person is, too much of anything just aint good
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by viee(f): 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2007
@everbright

abeg ooo untie ur mouth ooooo grin
tell us what u feel grin

just wondering if anyone has or heard of real life stories undecided

did it work out well?
how bad did it end assuming it ended on a negative tone undecided
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by valendone(m): 4:58pm On Apr 10, 2007
Na wa hooo
U people have discouraged me.
i have some body in my office that i want to date. Though she just started working with us and some how my boss is coming much closer to her.

i don't want to give up but is like i have to if i get enough reason to discountiune.

i really do have feelings for her.
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by viee(f): 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2007
@valendone

based on the analysis above, the question is; can u take the heat?
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by olutomiwa(m): 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2007
CAPITAL NO,but maybe just for one night. Away game is the best,you will have the opportunity to SEE THE WORLD,without any close marking.
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by israel62(m): 12:32am On Apr 11, 2007
NO NO NO! Tried it and really really regretted it, it sure was great @ d beginning but then after, angry
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by Seun(m): 6:21am On Apr 11, 2007
"Feelings" are not worth losing your job over. I have "feelings" for Natalie Portman too. And so what?
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 11, 2007
Personally i wont date someone in my office, i work in a large corporation and when i got here initially there were enough advances at me but my mind was made up on that (personal reasons), but so many people in my office are married and to me they act kind of weird to each other,they pass by each other on the stair case, don't seat together in the staff bus and act weird. You will have to be told they are married before you can tell, what a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I want an exciting marriage were i will be looking forward to seeing my husband after work everyday, not wake up together, catch the bus together, be at the office all day together and end up at home again, am sorry but to me thats boring and i will surely get tired.
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by viee(f): 10:15am On Apr 11, 2007
@seun

lol!

i hear that they are levels of 'feelings' u have a crush and d rest.but we also do have deep feeling which goes beyond admiration for some people,what if what u feel for this person is deep admiration?

i haven't been faced with such and pray i will not cos i will really be at cross road.

the worst that can happen really is to feel an unrequited love!
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by diyobdw(f): 10:42am On Apr 11, 2007
It for those who can seperate the emotional entirely from business -which many can't do undecided.
Apart from break up- even while on only few can be uptight about managing both.

Like you dont expect to be scolded b'cos you are sleep with your boss or you wont want to complain about her rudeness to a collegues because she is cooking your dinner. Or she hurts you in bed so you would pay her back in the office.or she come to you office and you prefer to leap over the desk loving up.

Safe word stay off: because it rarely turns out well!

i can though grin
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by valendone(m): 10:18pm On Apr 14, 2007
@ viee
I,m ever ready to take on what ever heat that may come up in the process of making her mine.
What is life all about if u can't fight for what u want.

@ Seun
Seun:

"Feelings" are not worth losing your job over. I have "feelings" for Natalie Portman too. And so what?
If "feelings" of what you want and what u Desire doesn't worth Sacrificing some things over, why do u study all this years in order to attain a certain position or hight in life.

I tell you all if this my "feelings" will cost me just my job and not my life, i will go the extra miles.

My prayer is for this Girl that am ready to give up some thigz for will really do feel the same way i so for Her.
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by spoilt(f): 1:58am On Apr 15, 2007
valendone:

Na wa hooo
U people have discouraged me.
i have some body in my office that i want to date. Though she just started working with us and some how my boss is coming much closer to her.

i don't want to give up but is like i have to if i get enough reason to discountiune.

trust me you dont want to lock horns with your boss over a woman. you dont! grin
Re: Would You Date Someone In The Same Office? by valendone(m): 6:54am On Apr 15, 2007
@ spoilt

Please tell me, Should i just fold my hands and watch myself and my feelings die down without taking a single step at least to prove the man am made of for the woman i really have deep feelings for?

i don't think i can just sit and watch.

(1) (Reply)

Rise Above Your Contemporaries, Get Trained & Certified In The Nebosh IGC / Project Management Institute, Nigeria, Lagos Chapter Is Now On Twitter! / Laundry Services Around Egbeda And Ikotun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.