Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,481 members, 7,781,434 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:19 PM

Bonny Island? What Is It Like? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bonny Island? What Is It Like? (31376 Views)

BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] / Nembe, Bonny, Bille Jetties in PH, ; An Embarrassing Eyesore. Pictures. / Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by tobilinoP(m): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2010
Good day great ppl of NL.
I am due to work on a job at Bonny Island for a few months, i just want to have an idea of how the place is from people who have been there or are actually there now.
Cheeers
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by okoomoge2(m): 7:18am On Jul 11, 2010
Used to work in Bonny Island back then 2005 till 2007 with Shell BTIP , Bonny is really crazy it depends
You could live a cool life and aslo live a fast one ,
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by halfcurren: 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2010
Bonny Island is small nice island. about 1hr speed boat cruise from Phc. If you have someone that works in NLNG, he/she could help you book a sit on their coy boat (which is bigger, comfortable, and safer) or their fixed wing Twin Otter plane, which is about 25min from phc.
The island is generally comprising of two towns, Bonny (which is bigger) and Finima. It used to be very busy back in 2000 till about 2006/7 during the NLNG contruction era of trains 1 - 6; there were a lot of expatraites then. As a matter of fact, it used to a place with the highest concentration of people from different nationalities. Now that construction of train 7 is on hold, the island is not too busy again, but it is still ok. In terms of safety, all i can say is that the JTF has brought some sense of safety on the island for now.
what else again is there to say, well feel free to post any other questions. i am currently based on Bonny Island.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by clem2love(m): 11:17am On Jul 12, 2010
pls fellow can we ave more info concering BONNY ISLAND/
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by tkb417(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2010
are you working with NLNG?

if yes, then i dont think you have any probs living in Bonny.

The NLNG part of Bonny is eldorado as you dont have to lift a finger to do anything

The amenities are on point:
laundry done
taxis come to your door at the touch of a button
electricity is 100% constant
rooms fixed with everything u need
state of the art Gym and moreover, free food

if youre not living here, then i dont know what the other side of Bonny looks like

The only prob is security prob. Not sure if the militancy on the sea to Bonny has abated
Missed an attack by whiskers in 2007
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by elomatic: 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2011
Hi,
I would like to go to Bonny Island for 2 days. Friday there and Sunday (14.-16.October) back. I would fly to PHC out of Abuja. Is there any decent accommodation in Bonny? I dont need super luxus, just something clean and safe.

Many thanks for help!
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by halfcurrent(m): 9:46am On Sep 29, 2011
@elomatic,
There is Telavee hotel in Bonny and also in Finima. Both are decent. Apart from these there are also few decent hotels in Bonny. Am not too sure of the names. if you send me a mail on halfcurrent@gmail.com; i could proabably confirm names and let you know. Meanwhile, are comming on the local boat or NLNG or Shell boat?
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by ijawgirl: 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2011
elomatic:

Hi,
I would like to go to Bonny Island for 2 days. Friday there and Sunday (14.-16.October) back. I would fly to PHC out of Abuja. Is there any decent accommodation in Bonny? I dont need super luxus, just something clean and safe.

Many thanks for help!

Everything you wanna know about bonny Island is on this thread!  smiley. .
click the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-630172.0.html

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by ijawgirl: 11:21pm On Sep 29, 2011
theres a good hotel called Elizabeth suites

Elizabeth Suites Abalamabie Road Bonny

Call reservation no. and reserve ur accommodation
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by dayokanu(m): 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2011
And Woman plenty for Bonny incase you wan collabo
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by MrCork17: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2011
Bonny Island? is it as good as peckham in London? undecided

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by MMM2(m): 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2011
op just go with ur condom
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by werepeLeri: 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2011
dayokanu:

And Woman plenty for Bonny incase you wan collabo

LOL - na the thing wey dem know u for be that. Thats why u get bow leg - too much odechuckwu. Sorry - i mean too much chukwu chuckwu
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by nasoeb: 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2011
@op
Welcome to my Beautiful Island.

Bonny Island is a small but beautiful island. Bonny is basically in 2 parts, (bonny Main Island and Finima) It is 45 - 1 hour drive by Local Boat and about 25 - 1 hour by Company Boats (NLNG, SHELL, TSKJ) It is home to so many Nationalities, due to the NLNG Project.

The Bonny Main Island comprises of the Old Town and the New Town. from Beach all way to Hospital Road (LGA Secretariat) consist of Old Bonny Town while there after consist of the new Bonny Town.

there are lots of nice Hotels such as Mercy In Guest House, (Orosikiri) Hotel de Telavee, (New Road), Elizabeth Suite ( Agbalamabie) few more very very lovely ones i cant recall there names.

there are lovely places to be such as Bush Bar Finima Road, Rain forest, Monkey Village, Bonny International Beach (World Class Standard) and many More

Too much babes to kulele body.

LONG LIVE BONNY ISLAND ! LONG LIVE RIVERS STATE !! LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by oyanwumi: 4:56pm On Oct 11, 2011
Hmmm, talking of Bonny island. well, it a very nice place. i did my youth service there 2004-5 and i secured a job that took me 2 europe nau from there. for light na 100% on ooo and they have nice foods though expensive. but if you are going to work with a good company, you gonna enjoy it the more. for me , Bonny is still the best place have ever stayed in nigeria cos i really really really enjoy the place. if you need numbers, contact me am gonna link you on people to meet.

4 Likes

Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by dustydee: 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Bonny Island? is it as good as peckham in London? undecided
no it is not, peckham is like lagos island.
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by Kx: 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2011
dustydee:

no it is not, peckham is like lagos island.

There are places in Bonny that are worse than AJ
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by richidinho(m): 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2011
BONNY ISLAND is the most expensive place to live

salary of N80,000 is not enough to live there

no good accommodation

constant electricity if you pay for it

No water

plenty ashawo

plenty cultist

price of goods is x2 of PH who is already an expensive place

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by ijawgirl: 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-630172.0.html

the good side of bonny. .click on the link above
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by sadyeek(m): 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2011
oyanwumi:

Hmmm, talking of Bonny island. well, it a very nice place. i did my youth service there 2004-5 and i secured a job that took me 2 europe nau from there. for light na 100% on ooo and they have nice foods though expensive. but if you are going to work with a good company, you gonna enjoy it the more. for me , Bonny is still the best place have ever stayed in nigeria cos i really really really enjoy the place. if you need numbers, contact me am gonna link you on people to meet.

guy! which kin serve you do there?? teaching job abi, u follow use leg enter one multi national, they com follow retain u? How u take reach there seff??
Forgive my curiousity, its just that I am getting close to service(insha Allah) and I am really looking for a good place to serve, hopefully get a job through the process.
So, I hope you understand n can share any secrets, cuz mehn!! Boiz, need to survive.
Peace.,.,
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by Orikinla(m): 7:48pm On Oct 11, 2011
Poster, previous replies have provided the answers you need. But the only safe and secure place on Bonny Island are the Nigeria LNG RAs. Outside the RAs and GRAs, the rest is not better than Ajegunle.
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by ijawgirl: 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2011
how can u compare Bonny to Ajegunle?
Ajegunle is congested, dirty etc
the poor areas of Bonny is like any other village in Nigeria
dey are nice and safe areas like bonny town and finima n abalambie

1 Share

Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by Orikinla(m): 10:15pm On Oct 11, 2011
ijaw_girl:

how can u compare Bonny to Ajegunle?
The ghettos in Bonny Town and Finima are not different from those in Lagos. There are very cool areas in Olodi Apapa side of Ajegunle better than the pictures you have posted. I have stayed on Bonny Island for four years and wrote on it and even joined the Assemblies of God church to preach on the streets. Then I sold my book on Bonny Island distributed to shops on the street. I also explored the beaches. Then stayed with my brother in-law and his family in the Nigeria LNG RAs and became popular when my love book was launched at the Valentine's Day party by the Nigeria LNG Club in 2006 and it was the only book sold at the live concert by P Square in the main hall in RA1. Again, Agaja is the location for my first feature "N-a-k-e-d Beauty". Do you want more?
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by dayokanu(m): 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2011
Whats the name of those wooden structures Opposite LNG quaters that those runs girls stay. It has one funny name like this.

I heard in 2008 some militants on Speedboats came to kidnap Filipinos there

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by ijawgirl: 12:10am On Oct 12, 2011
you said der are no safe areas in bonny apart from LNG-residential areas which in not true
finima, abalambie, and some parts of Bonny are safe, peaceful and have 24 hours electriciy
There is regular power supply on Bonny Island
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by Orikinla(m): 12:32am On Oct 12, 2011
ijaw_girl:

you said they are no safe areas in bonny apart from LNG-residential areas which in not true
finima, abalambie, and some parts of Bonny are safe, peaceful and have 24 hours electriciy
There is regular power supply on Bonny Island
I have not returned to Bonny Island since 2008. But from 2004 to when I left, robbers, pirates and militants were on rampage and the terrible atrocities even forced the Nigeria LNG to suspend their ferry service for weeks and we had to use helicopters. Some people contractors and members of staff were unfortunate when they drowned when the local speed boat they took had an accident and others were kidnapped. The palace of their king was razed. Police men were attacked and murdered when banks and other places were robbed. Even a ferry used by Nigeria LNG was attacked. These atrocities were rampant until federal troops arrived to secure Bonny Island.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by Orikinla(m): 12:38am On Oct 12, 2011
dayokanu:

Whats the name of those wooden structures Opposite LNG quaters that those runs girls stay. It has one funny name like this.

I heard in 2008 some militants on Speedboats came to kidnap Filipinos there
Monkey Village where the "Ogbongiddi" babes used for prostitution.
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by oyanwumi: 4:44am On Oct 12, 2011
[table]Hmmm, talking of Bonny island. well, it a very nice place. i did my youth service there 2004-5 and i secured a job that took me 2 europe nau from there. for light na 100% on ooo and they have nice foods though expensive. but if you are going to work with a good company, you gonna enjoy it the more. for me , Bonny is still the best place have ever stayed in nigeria cos i really really really enjoy the place. if you need numbers, contact me am gonna link you on people to meet.[/table]

[td]guy! which kin serve you do there?? teaching job abi, u follow use leg enter one multi national, they com follow retain u? How u take reach there seff??
Forgive my curiousity, its just that I am getting close to service(insha Allah) and I am really looking for a good place to serve, hopefully get a job through the process.
So, I hope you understand n can share any secrets, cuz mehn!! Boiz, need to survive.
Peace.,.,[/td]

Na wa for you ooo, sa u no sabi wetin b youth service for 9ja again? Na NYSC ooo. Well, i dont know the situation there for now. even those days No corper to be posted to any muti national company from the Camp. I was posted to Bonny Local Government and from there i got a job wiv TSKJ for NLNG train 5 construction. Serving in bonny is cul, Try bonny Local Govt, they have correct accommodation and gud alawiii.
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by unclenna(m): 5:07am On Oct 12, 2011
[tr]Whats the name of those wooden structures Opposite LNG quaters that those runs girls stay. It has one funny name like this.

I heard in 2008 some militants on Speedboats came to kidnap Filipinos there[/tr]
It is called MONKEY VILLAGE[b][/b]
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by unclenna(m): 5:09am On Oct 12, 2011
AM IN BONNY Island, I don't really know much about bonny cos am in NLNG RA. All I can assure you is that Bonny is as peaceful as peace.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by aspabay(m): 7:39am On Oct 12, 2011
Bonny Island? What is it like?
GO THERE!!!
Re: Bonny Island? What Is It Like? by Kx: 8:34am On Oct 12, 2011
ijaw_girl:

how can u compare Bonny to Ajegunle? ???
U need to visit the whole of Bonny Island, not just LNG RA to know that they are places that are worse that AJ City in Bonny Island.
Internet will only show u those sweet areas, not the real places.

(1) (2)

Car Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Air Peace Acquires Embraer ERJ-145 Jet / Nnamdi Okafor: I Will Rather Be A Refugee Or Die In Ukraine Than Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.